Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
    Ok thank you very much, I'll try to do my best to improve. I tried to have 1601 haste soft cap because I won't get DI in raid and I am unable to reach 2589 haste with current gear (according to wowreforge). :/ Last thing i want to ask is: I have never read about MS/MB rotation, when and how do I use one? Thanks.
    Kilee has a good explanation of hit here and he has been updating the OP to reflect discussion that happens in the thread. It is basically only something you should do if you have T13 4pc though. Also I'd recommend practicing on a target dummy because it will probably feel a bit odd not having the muscle memory on that combination of spells.

iLvl: 388
    Expectations: I want to know if I've peaked or if there is some room for improvement
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tilia/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/180473/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UrCa1988 View Post
    iLvl: 388
    Expectations: I want to know if I've peaked or if there is some room for improvement
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tilia/advanced
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/180473/
    Checked one of your Ultaxion logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9646&e=9913
    You lost Vampiric Touch twice and for quite some time on one occasion. You also did not line up your Archangel with Time Warp. Normal Ultraxion fight is a bit shorter but you can use three Archangels I think during a fight so save your last Archangel until Time Warp (assuming your guild doesn't pop Time Warp at the start).

But overall your log is quite decent.

I think someone else can analyze it a bit more.

iLvl: 395
    Expectations: Just trying to get the most out of my damage for this fight with me using the t13 4pc (Had a few bad RNG attempts where I got fading light every time I used shadowfied/AA)
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Karshda/simple
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=5349&e=5674

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karshda View Post
    iLvl: 395
    Expectations: Just trying to get the most out of my damage for this fight with me using the t13 4pc (Had a few bad RNG attempts where I got fading light every time I used shadowfied/AA)
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Karshda/simple
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/y...?s=5349&e=5674
    This is the first time i attempt to do this, so if anyone else has deeper knowledge of this, feel free to add .

I mainly use the log you posted (Ultraxion Try 11).

Only one Volcanic Potion.
    You changed your form once (i assume to cast a hymn), don't do this, this encounter is a dps race, if healers struggle they are either doing something wrong or you don't do enough damage to beat the 6 minute timer.
    No Heroism?

Your reforging seems fine although i am unsure if you could not achieve the 3202 haste plateau.

As for your 4pc mind spike rotation:

As your log states your rotation would be like this (I tried to read where server lag delayed the real hit):

Mind Flay till 5 x Dark Evangelism
    Shadowfiend
    Archangel
    Mind Spike
    Mind Spike
    Mind Spike
    Mind Spike
    Mind Flay (2 Ticks)
    Mind Blast
    Mind Spike
    Mind Spike
    Mind Spike
    Mind Flay (2 Ticks)
    Mind Blast
    Normal Rotation

This does seem to refer to rotation #1 in this thread, as stated in the same thread rotation #2 would give you 3 Mind Blasts with 3 Orbs, so i would try to pull this one off, you can read more about rotations in this thread too and maybe get a few hints of it.
    Last edited by mmoc742c0552a2; 2012-01-29 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by syslord2k2 View Post
    text
    Try:

mf x2 (interrupt after 2nd tick)
    mf x2 (interrupt after 2nd tick)
    AA + trinkets and pots
    MB
    Shadow fiend
    MS
    MS
    MS
    MF untill MB is off CD, use directly
    MS
    MS
    MS
    MF untill MB is off CD
    Reaply dots and cast your 3 orbed MB as soon as you can.

Thanks to reading this thread (just lurking, haven't posted my armory) I increased my dps on Ultraxion hc from 30k to 34k, so thanks to everyone who are helping out here. I am almost at my goal of 35k.

Anyway, some of the advice given in this thread is about Mind Flay uptime. As I increased my number of Mind Blasts and started refreshing dots more often, MF uptime has gone down to 49%. Where do you find the time to MF as much as 60%? If I could do that, it would be another 1.5k dps.

I suppose clipping after a MF tick (rather than ASAP) increases uptime. But is it worth delaying MB to after a MF tick, is this what I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomew View Post
    I suppose clipping after a MF tick (rather than ASAP) increases uptime. But is it worth delaying MB to after a MF tick, is this what I'm missing?
    That is basically what is going on there, though how much clipping increases your uptime depends some on your latency. Personally I always time my MB and DP/VT refreshes for right after a tick. I don't know if doing that will really affect your dps but it seems to make good logical sense. I mean honestly it is less of a second wait time to do that.

Deleted
    iLvl: 399
    Expectations: Trying to get the most out of my gear on Ultraxion HM 25. Not using tier 12 4-set because I'm not able to use my SWD safely.
    Armory: "not able to post a link yet because this is a forum account" willl update a.s.a.p.
    WoL: "see above"
    Currently hitting a brickwall of 33k-34ish with good RnG

Character : Lyyk
    Realm : Sylvanas (european servers)

Edit : Last night we did Ultraxion HM 25 so you can take parses from that.
    Last edited by mmoc9fa4a778e7; 2012-01-30 at 04:42 PM.

If you want to list your toon name and realm we can get the links for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    If you want to list your toon name and realm we can get the links for you.
    Done and thanks for the reply

WhistleRgv's Armory

World of Logs Realms search seems to be down currently

Nothing looks amiss to me on your armory. Hopefully WoL will fix themselves soon and we can looks at one of your logs.

Deleted
    World of Logs Realms search seems to be down currently

Nothing looks amiss to me on your armory. Hopefully WoL will fix themselves soon and we can looks at one of your logs.[/QUOTE]

I have a direct link to the logs can I PM those to you so you can place them in the thread?

---------- Post added 2012-01-30 at 06:44 PM ----------

iLvl: 399
    Expectations: Trying to get the most out of my gear on Ultraxion HM 25. Not using tier 12 4-set because I'm not able to use my SWD safely.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...as/Lyyk/simple
    WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=14165&e=14531
    Currently hitting a brickwall of 33k-34ish with good RnG

Character : Lyyk
    Realm : Sylvanas (european servers)

Edit : Last night we did Ultraxion HM 25 so you can take parses from that.

Log for WhistleRgv

On that Untraxion fight you should be able to get in about 41 Mind Blasts, but you only cast 37. You can get that a bit better. Your DoT uptimes look mostly good, though I think VT probably fell off during a fading light.

Getting Fading Light 7 times sucks though. I am not sure if you know but Heroic Will interrupts your casts for you. So you can keep casting until the last moment (I personally wait until 2 seconds on Fading Light and 1 second on Hour of Twilight). It takes some practice though, and don't panic about hitting the button

Also if you aren't doing it now I would say make sure that you recast your dots as soon as you get full stacks of the Will of Unbinding's buff (Combat Mind)/before heroism wears off.

The last thing is who was the lock who cast DI on you? 77% uptime is pretty low >< Not mention if he was the one who died, sometimes you have to remind them to recast DI.

That is basically what is going on there, though how much clipping increases your uptime depends some on your latency. Personally I always time my MB and DP/VT refreshes for right after a tick. I don't know if doing that will really affect your dps but it seems to make good logical sense. I mean honestly it is less of a second wait time to do that.
    You'll want a add-on showing exactly when each damage portion of your mind flay will hit. Never clip your mind flay befor the seccond tic and always do it as soon as you can after said 2nd tick.
    Cyou can't clip right after the first tick due to global cooldown and clipping halfway to the 2nd or 3rd tick will resoult in you standing and channeling a tick for .2-.3 secconds that won't even land.

So only clip if you can do it right after the seccond tick, this is very latency depandant and can require some training to do.

WhistleRgv:

See to it that you get the affliction warlocks DI. The Di from a destruction lock (you have two in your raid while only one is affli) is worth less due to lower DI uptime on you. It honestly should go to any of your magi though (three mages, three warlocks).

Your chest gems a huge questionmark to me, should be 2x int or atleast place the gems in the proper colour slot!

Your uptime on VT is rather low. As the dots work now you want to refresh them before they run out but still as close to the end as possible and should be able to reach atleast 98% uptime.
    Same goes for DP.
    Try to get the LFR chest for your 4set and follow the rotation mentioned above for said usage. The stats lost will outwage it by a small margin.

EDit: And get some transmorgs rolling, please :<
    Last edited by eErike; 2012-01-30 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Log for WhistleRgv

On that Untraxion fight you should be able to get in about 41 Mind Blasts, but you only cast 37. You can get that a bit better. Your DoT uptimes look mostly good, though I think VT probably fell off during a fading light.

Getting Fading Light 7 times sucks though. I am not sure if you know but Heroic Will interrupts your casts for you. So you can keep casting until the last moment (I personally wait until 2 seconds on Fading Light and 1 second on Hour of Twilight). It takes some practice though, and don't panic about hitting the button

Also if you aren't doing it now I would say make sure that you recast your dots as soon as you get full stacks of the Will of Unbinding's buff (Combat Mind)/before heroism wears off.

The last thing is who was the lock who cast DI on you? 77% uptime is pretty low >< Not mention if he was the one who died, sometimes you have to remind them to recast DI.
    I am not sure but I believe Decy is the lock who keeps DI on me. About the VT it noticed that heroic will interrupts my casts. I happened several times that I recasted VT and directly after clicked Heroic Will preventing my VT to be applied to the target. (as you noticed in the logs)
    I'll take your advice into practice right away! Thanks.

Hello, first time poster in any of these kind of threads. My main's a rogue, and I'm used to being at the top of damage meters, or very close to it. I cannot say the same for my shadow priest, which I have chosen to bring in my guild's alt run. I have done so much research and can't figure out why my actual numbers are so far from what they should be. I know I can pull at least 5k more than what I'm doing now being in mostly 397s. I know that there are little things I could change, but with how poorly I'm doing, I know that there's something really big (or multiple things) that I'm completely missing here. Would anyone mind taking a look at my most recent Ultraxion kill, and seeing if anything jumps out. My toon's name is Aidra. worldoflogs.com/reports/zyu1uk6hi5f2jg0m/sum/damageDone/?s=6651&e=6883 Armory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bronzebeard/Aidra/advanced

Thanks!
    Naihan of Bronzebeard

A couple of things here, looking through your logs the comp for your alt run is not that great for a shadow priest and basically any caster. Shadowpriests are the most dependent on raid buffs to do great damage and it looks like all you have is the Boomkin increased magic dmg dealt buff and the ret 3% dmg buff. An Arcane mage with FM or a warlock with DI and SP buff (if Demo), and you'll see a huge uptick in your damage. Also you should sim having 2 pieces of tier12 to go with your two pieces of tier13 as I think the static INT gain from your DS off pieces may not be greater than a 15% increase to Mind Blast.

Deleted
    @eErike changed the slots of my gems because I had 17.20% hit changed it to 2 x inferno just to see if it would make a difference. However it is very little to non existent. On the VT/DP uptime (currently having a break on Ultraxion I improved alot) refreshing it before FL and Hour of Twilight.
    I am already locked out for LFR so sadly enough I have to wait for the reset. Also the Affl lock is now giving me DI resulting in 35-36k dps which is a nice improvement imo.

Thanks for the advice Arlee & eErike

I know this isn't constructive right now and I've been slacking on helping people, but I just want to point out my haste and hit.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rizzi/advanced

Can't believe they came out like that.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez