10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post

thats my gang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    thats my gang
    They teach the pecking order while you sit back and laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    You said it yourself right there. The plotline is, in your opinion, nothing more than sweaty guys panting/screaming blah blah blah. So you're saying plotline is filler? How would that work then, because if that's the case, there's nothing at all that isn't filler in any anime. Either you're mistaken about what filler really is, or you're trying to hate on DBZ, the greatest anime ever.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 05:37 AM ----------

In your opinion. Much the same as you telling me that saying end of discussion doesn't make me right, your opinion doesn't make you right either. And that's all you're arguing with here, your opinion.
    No. That's not opinion. You would see it if you watched the show. It is rather indisputable that a lot of time is spent on exactly what Skelington said.

He didn't say that there was absolutely no plotline, just that those elements are present and make up the vast majority of how they relay their "plot."
    And no, other animes actually try with their plot. Kai condensed all the unneeded filler and it's still 100 or more episodes, and yet if you watched any anime other than DBZ you would see a lot of plot advancement in a single episode or two that encompasses more than what is done in a single arc of DBZ. Calling it the "greatest anime ever" leads him to believe you haven't seen many. And while, yes, favoritism is subjective, that doesn't change the objective at all, which makes it difficult to believe.

How are "seconds upon seconds of breathing and staring" his opinion? That is fact. That is the show. That is the video he linked an hour or so ago. Just because you don't like to admit it doesn't make it an opinion and therefore neither right or wrong. What you love will have flaws, though it's probably hard to accept.

Discussions are typically had through opinions. Aside from that, where opinions are present, what would you like Skelington to argue with? Someone else's opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, Skellington, why did you decide to click on a thread called "Dragon Ball Z Fan Thread" when you clearly dislike it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    All it is is a bunch of muscled sweaty guys panting and screaming through intermissions of explanations on how they punch or shoot laser beams with names.
    I wanna stop you right there. The quoted text is a blatant falsehood. It is an inaccurate oversimplification designed to be derogatory. In other words, you're just hating right there.

Out of curiosity, Skellington, why did you decide to click on a thread called "Dragon Ball Z Fan Thread" when you clearly dislike it?
    Well, he doesn't hate it exactly. He watched it as a kid and there's a lot of nostalgia in it, but to praise the show is pretty silly. Over time it becomes fairly easy to see that it was pretty bad, much like other childhood things turn out to be. He checks the thread sometimes(as he often does for the red tagged ones), but someone linked a post to him and he couldn't help but notice wherever he started at.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I wanna stop you right there. The quoted text is a blatant falsehood. It is an inaccurate oversimplification designed to be derogatory. In other words, you're just hating right there.
    Well, the hyperbole seemed pretty obvious, but he's not far off.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-05-06 at 06:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. That's not opinion. You would see it if you watched the show. It is rather indisputable that a lot of time is spent on exactly what Skelington said.

He didn't say that there was absolutely no plotline, just that those elements are present and make up the vast majority of how they relay their "plot."
    And no, other animes actually try with their plot. Kai condensed all the unneeded filler and it's still 100 or more episodes, and yet if you watched any anime other than DBZ you would see a lot of plot advancement in a single episode or two that encompasses more than what is done in a single arc of DBZ. Calling it the "greatest anime ever" leads him to believe you haven't seen many. And while, yes, favoritism is subjective, that doesn't change the objective at all, which makes it difficult to believe.

How are "seconds upon seconds of breathing and staring" his opinion? That is fact. That is the show. That is the video he linked an hour or so ago. Just because you don't like to admit it doesn't make it an opinion and therefore neither right or wrong. What you love will have flaws, though it's probably hard to accept.

Discussions are typically had through opinions. Aside from that, where opinions are present, what would you like Skelington to argue with? Someone else's opinion?
    Yes, it is opinion. I've seen DB, DBZ, and even DBGT completely through at least 4 times. It is absolutely disputable that a lot of time is spent doing that, because in fact, it's not.

If you seem to think that the majority of the plot is made up of the breathing/staring you're talking about, I question that you've ever seen the show.

I never said other animes didn't try with their plot, you're putting words in my mouth like you seem to do in every thread I've seen you respond in. You apparently think I've never seen any other anime because I call DB the best ever. Hmmmm, Bleach, Naruto, OnePiece, Rhonin Warriors, .hack, Gundam, I'd consider all those animes and I've definitely seen every one of them.

You state again that "seconds of breathing and staring" are the show. That again is absolutely your opinion. The entire +250 episodes are well beyond staring and breathing, although you could make the argument that they're in fact not because you are in fact breathing while staring at the screen/tv/etc. Just because you dont' like that DB has moments in it where they stand and stare/breath at each other doesn't mean the entire show is filled with it. I know there are flaws with DBZ, and I do accept them, much like Laurcus pointed out. You're the one that keeps falling back to the exact same point when others are pointing out that there is more to it than you're willing to admit.

I'd love for you to argue with someone else period, because every argument I've ever seen you in is nothing more than drivel backed up by your own opinions, stated as fact. In fact it occurs to me that the more I read your drivel, the more I see the homophobic tendencies popping out of each line. Hiding something?
    Last edited by shootyadead; 2012-05-06 at 06:16 AM.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Yes, it is opinion. I've seen DB, DBZ, and even DBGT completely through at least 4 times. It is absolutely disputable that a lot of time is spent doing that, because in fact, it's not.

If you seem to think that the majority of the plot is made up of the breathing/staring you're talking about, I question that you've ever seen the show.

I never said other animes didn't try with their plot, you're putting words in my mouth like you seem to do in every thread I've seen you respond in. You apparently think I've never seen any other anime because I call DB the best ever. Hmmmm, Bleach, Naruto, OnePiece, Rhonin Warriors, .hack, Gundam, I'd consider all those animes and I've definitely seen every one of them.

You state again that "seconds of breathing and staring" are the show. That again is absolutely your opinion. The entire +250 episodes are well beyond staring and breathing, although you could make the argument that they're in fact not because you are in fact breathing while staring at the screen/tv/etc. Just because you dont' like that DB has moments in it where they stand and stare/breath at each other doesn't mean the entire show is filled with it. I know there are flaws with DBZ, and I do accept them, much like Laurcus pointed out. You're the one that keeps falling back to the exact same point when others are pointing out that there is more to it than you're willing to admit.

I'd love for you to argue with someone else period, because every argument I've ever seen you in is nothing more than drivel backed up by your own opinions, stated as fact. In fact it occurs to me that the more I read your drivel, the more I see the homophobic tendencies popping out of each line. Hiding something?
    It's not like you're using facts either. You're making the same claims that Skelington is, just in the opposing fashion.
    It's not disputable, though. He has seen the show. He used to love the show on toonami, as we all did. Not to mention your anime list is fairly small and either all continuously airing shounen mumbo jumbo or things from the 90s. You should watch more. Favorite and best aren't the same thing.

You don't seem to understand the subjective from the objective though. Aside from that, your logic is just going in circles. You seem to be avoiding a direct confrontation of what he said(and it's rather amusing how much you are trying to flame him between the lines). Please do refute his claims. If what he says it not true, surely it must be obvious enough to prove him wrong.

Homophobic? You don't know Skelington in the slightest if you think that he's homophobic.
    And he would love to hear where his floods others' mouths with words in posts. Please do provide examples of that as well.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-05-06 at 06:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...%28season_3%29
    When your summary of episodes are like this.

As opposed to
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Another_episodes
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...agica_episodes

You have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So what are you saying? Long shows cant be Anime?
    Ive seen One Piece you know. Thats definantly an Anime and it has more than 12 episodes...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not like you're using facts either. You're making the same claims that Skelington is, just in the opposing fashion.
    It's not disputable, though. He has seen the show. He used to love the show on toonami, as we all did. Not to mention your anime list is fairly small and either all continuously airing shounen mumbo jumbo or things from the 90s. You should watch more. Favorite and best aren't the same thing.

You don't seem to understand the subjective from the objective though. Aside from that, your logic is just going in circles. You seem to be avoiding a direct confrontation of what he said(and it's rather amusing how much you are trying to flame him between the lines). Please do refute his claims. If what he says it not true, surely it must be obvious enough to prove him wrong.

Homophobic? You don't know Skelington in the slightest if you think that he's homophobic.
    And he would love to hear where his floods others' mouths with words in posts. Please do provide examples of that as well.
    Wow you really do live in your own little world don't you? Actually I am using facts. You claim the entire series is made up of nothing more than staring/breathing blah blah. Not only have I directly confronted what you said, I have in fact proven it wrong. I'd love to post videos to show you exactly where you're wrong, but any, and I do mean ANY, video on youtube will do just that. You're the one going in circles here, not me. And how am I even remotely trying to flame you between the lines? If I wanted to flame you, I'd do it, I'm not afraid.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 06:45 AM ----------

I don't see the issue.....explain?
    Last edited by shootyadead; 2012-05-06 at 06:48 AM.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Wow you really do live in your own little world don't you? Actually I am using facts. You claim the entire series is made up of nothing more than staring/breathing blah blah. Not only have I directly confronted what you said, I have in fact proven it wrong. I'd love to post videos to show you exactly where you're wrong, but any, and I do mean ANY, video on youtube will do just that. You're the one going in circles here, not me. And how am I even remotely trying to flame you between the lines? If I wanted to flame you, I'd do it, I'm not afraid.
    Once again, you aren't providing any facts nor refuting his claims; rather you're just attacking him.

And if you reread your post, there's quite a few moments of flaming.

I'm sorry did I summarize episodes at some point? I must have fallen asleep and dream-typed because I don't remember it.
    You aren't really supporting your case.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry did I summarize episodes at some point? I must have fallen asleep and dream-typed because I don't remember it.
    Point is the storyline progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    You call that flaming?

This is flaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, you aren't providing any facts nor refuting his claims; rather you're just attacking him.

And if you reread your post, there's quite a few moments of flaming.

You aren't really supporting your case.
    Yes, yes I did "attack" you by saying you do live in your own little world. I still don't understand how you fail to see me refuting your claim. You say DB is one thing, several of us have proven it's not. You say there's moments of flaming but you're not pointing them out, you aren't really supporting your case either.

---------- Post added 2012-05-06 at 06:51 AM ----------

You call that flaming?

/snip

This is flaming.
    Yes indeed.

Point is the storyline progression.
    But in DBZ you can relate to the characters more because you have more time to get to know them. Ive seen the ones you linked, you dont really like the characters because the show is over so fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    But in DBZ you can relate to the characters more because you have more time to get to know them. Ive seen the ones you linked, you dont really like the characters because the show is over so fast.
    I think it's all about instant gratification with some people. I would much prefer backstory and getting to know my characters to the show being over before I can memorize all the names. I think some people just can't be bothered to pay attention for more than a few minutes at a time.

Yes, yes I did "attack" you by saying you do live in your own little world. I still don't understand how you fail to see me refuting your claim. You say DB is one thing, several of us have proven it's not. You say there's moments of flaming but you're not pointing them out, you aren't really supporting your case either.
    Well, you called Skelington a latent homosexual, said that in all of his posts he puts words in people's mouths to argue, uses his opinion over anything else, and that he lives in his own little world. He probably didn't catch a few things or forgot some.
    But in any case, Skelington must have missed the proof. Could you present it to him again? Sorry for the inconvenience.

I think it's all about instant gratification with some people. I would much prefer backstory and getting to know my characters to the show being over before I can memorize all the names. I think some people just can't be bothered to pay attention for more than a few minutes at a time.
    So, characters in a 12 episode anime have no depth nor backstory?

I know right. By the time DBZ finally ends you feel attached to the characters. You know pretty much everything you would need to about them.

So, characters in a 12 episode anime have no depth nor backstory?

Pretty much. Its sort of like "Heres the character, get to know them quick because they wont be here for long"

Theres like 1 or two exceptions.