Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Blizzard All Stars

This game is going to be amazing. I finally got around to watching the video from last Blizzcon and I love pretty much every point they discussed in regards to MOBAs. Getting rid of last hitting, making team kills "takedowns" instead of whoever got last hit on the kill, the tower changes, boss monsters on maps helping you in lane instead of just giving you a boring buff, etc.

This is one of the things I love about Blizzard, they really can look at ideas in different ways and make something unique. As a longtime MOBA player I'm super excited for this.

p.s. Blizzard & Valve just came to an agreement and the new game will be called Blizzard All Stars instead of Blizzard DOTA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    Getting rid of last hitting, making team kills "takedowns" instead of whoever got last hit on the kill, the tower changes, boss monsters on maps helping you in lane instead of just giving you a boring buff, etc.
    Just wanted to point out that Blizzard isn't the first to do things like this. There was a map on WC3 called Desert of Exile by Rising_Dusk that had many of the traditional elements of an AoS but was much more intuitive and ultimately, way more fun than anything current "MOBA" games could offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    This game is going to be amazing. I finally got around to watching the video from last Blizzcon and I love pretty much every point they discussed in regards to MOBAs. Getting rid of last hitting, making team kills "takedowns" instead of whoever got last hit on the kill, the tower changes, boss monsters on maps helping you in lane instead of just giving you a boring buff, etc.
    They're basically taking everything out of DOTA that makes DOTA an interesting and fun game, without adding a new and fun gamemode (Dominion) like LoL did.

It's gonna be pretty crappy, but as long as it's free...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Sure, it probably won't spawn any huge tournaments like DOTA 2 or LoL but I think it will be a nice change of pace. I don't know about anyone else, but I personally can't stand last hitting, I find it incredibly boring, especially doing it for 15-20 mins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    They're basically taking everything out of DOTA that makes DOTA an interesting and fun game, without adding a new and fun gamemode (Dominion) like LoL did.

I always felt the abilities, specifically the skill interaction, along with the strategy and teamwork involved to be successful was what made an AoS fun. Spending the entire game last hitting so you can get enough farm to just right-click on enemy heroes to kill them is not what I would call fun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid LoL player and I do enjoy it but not because of last hitting and kill stealing.

it does look fun, can't wait to see blizzards spin on it.

They don't just get rid of last hitting but they add new mechanic to replace it too. It's a system that there will be 1 special creep that if you last hit it then it will restore your hp and mana. This encourage positional play and agressive play. Blizz will add more than 1 map too. Metagame can be completely different depend on map. We all know how awesome positional play in SC/SC2 is. This game is not a big title but I think it can be a lot of fun. I used play original Dota a lot but I have never played HoN or LoL and I don't plan to buy Dota2 because it's the same as Dota1 and I am bored of Dota1 already. I will try Ballstar just because it's free.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2012-05-13 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroskillz1 View Post
    it does look fun, can't wait to see blizzards spin on it.
    "We've been listening to your feedback and you guys are right! The name Blizzard DOTA is pretty boring and doesn't really fit with the game right? So we've changed it to Blizzard All Stars to better suit the game"

In all fairness though the game does look interesting.

Also this is sort of a lame reason but in League for instance, new heroes are just something the artists made up, where in B.A.S. it will be Lich King, Illidan, Kerrigan, etc... That'll be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post

Agreed entirely. Let's take the skill and competitive gameplay out of DotA and just leave a shell of a game where you can blow shit up with a couple of really neat looking abilities. Yeah!

In general, and I say this with all sincere objectivity and don't mean it in any personal manner, but if you don't think DotA is the best game of the genre it's generally because you are very, very bad at it. In competitive matches the action is intense from the first minute. First bloods before the game even starts are not all that uncommon, and the amount of roaming and ganking even from the first few minutes of the game is high. To try and say the game is nothing but afk farm is just really, really unnecessarily basic.

Blizzard's ideas for the game...they're just...not interesting. Pretty much any spin you can think of for this genre has been done before in WC3, the reason DotA is the map that survived is because it's the best.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-05-13 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Agreed entirely. Let's take the skill and competitive gameplay out of DotA and just leave a shell of a game where you can blow shit up with a couple of really neat looking abilities. Yeah!

In general, and I say this with all sincere objectivity and don't mean it in any personal manner, but if you don't think DotA is the best game of the genre it's generally because you are very, very bad at it. In competitive matches the action is intense from the first minute. First bloods before the game even starts are not all that uncommon, and the amount of roaming and ganking even from the first few minutes of the game is high. To try and say the game is nothing but afk farm is just really, really unnecessarily basic.

Blizzard's ideas for the game...they're just...not interesting. Pretty much any spin you can think of for this genre has been done before in WC3, the reason DotA is the map that survived is because it's the best.
    This is the attitude that I don't like about Dota community. Although I have never played any game in ARTS genre except original Dota and Dota2( I played it a bit but don't really like it) but I welcome any change and will try it first before saying that it's bad. Just because it's not 100% the same as Dota doesn't mean it can't be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    This is the attitude that I don't like about Dota community. Although I have never played any game in ARTS genre except original Dota and Dota2( I played it a bit but don't really like it) but I welcome any change and will try it first before saying that it's bad. Just because it's not 100% the same as Dota doesn't mean it can't be better.
    I can't really think of a single thing I would change about DotA.

I'd personally change the majority of the community. Never got into playing it, everyone was always bitching about other people while failing horribly themselves. Got tired of it after less than a handful of matches.

Well there are a ton of people who would like to see things done differently than DOTA and thats why games like League have flourished. Blizzard is taking it a step further so I guess history will see how it turns out.

Doesn't mean other people don't have a good idea.

Deleted
    its a competitve genre with a steep learning curve.. if you know nothing going in and start fucking up games for people then its your own fault people bitch at you imo. Same as if someone who has never played Left 4 Dead 2 and joins an expert realism game and dies on the first pack of zombies... people are going to be pissed off.

10+ Year Old Account
    How dare they remove my boots. I need my boots.....

I like it, I've always thought that the lasthitting mechanic in League of Legends was stupid and bad for gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'd personally change the majority of the community. Never got into playing it, everyone was always bitching about other people while failing horribly themselves. Got tired of it after less than a handful of matches.
    No offense, but that doesn't really qualify you to comment on "the majority of the community" then. Playing a handful of matches only exposes you to a very, very small portion of the very, very large DOTA community. My experience has been when you start out, there are plenty of people like that. But as soon as you get 20 or so wins on your account, the atmosphere in Matchmaking switches dramatically. DOTA2 so far has been much better than either HON, LOL, or DOTA communities so far. However, that may be only because it's in "closed" beta still.

Also, who says Blizzard All-Stars will be immune to such a community?

it does sound pretty epic