Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    "we are totally gonna have HUNDREDS of new mounts. They will not just be recolored old mounts, we swear!" - Official blue lie

It looks nice, but just show that Activision-Blizzard are liers just like EA
    So how exactly are these recolors of old mounts? That's right, they're not.

Though they almost look too much like Hippogryphs for my tastes. I'm used to Chinese equaling gaudy when it comes to design, so to see such muted and really rather drab colors is a little surprising.

I'm sure if they do have a landing/walk animation it'll be similar to the Proto Drakes since they have a similar build; wings held high and to the side instead of actually being properly folded.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I expected it to be on fire tbh.
    Still, I love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for posterity, and because people seem to think they're pretty snazzy pointing out that it's a "reskin" (even though it isn't...) of the old Phoenix, I think it's important to point out that the "original" Phoenix model (al'ar) was ACTUALLY a remodel gryphon-- the same gryphon model that's been in the game since vanilla WoW. And people didn't seem to complain about reusing models back in burning crusade.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    So how exactly are these recolors of old mounts? That's right, they're not.

Though they almost look too much like Hippogryphs for my tastes. I'm used to Chinese equaling gaudy when it comes to design, so to see such muted and really rather drab colors is a little surprising.

I'm sure if they do have a landing/walk animation it'll be similar to the Proto Drakes since they have a similar build; wings held high and to the side instead of actually being properly folded.
    They are Reskined old mounts with new color. What about the 10+ different colored cloud serpents and 7 Panthers???

They feed the masses with bullshit at blizzcon and than don't deliver their promises.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this is either a drop or faction bought, because the current meta achievement for Raid/Heroic is Cloud Serpant.

Gorgeous mounts, love the darker one. makes the current firebirds look silly.

im gonna guess 3 for the 3 raids respective glory of the- achievements and a final one as a meta for all 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    They are Reskined old mounts with new color. What about the 10+ different colored cloud serpents and 7 Panthers???

They feed the masses with bullshit at blizzcon and than don't deliver their promises.
    Can anyone find the actual quote from blizzcon where they said they would make every new mount with a new wireframe? Instead of having people anecdotally state "I'm going to judge them for something I heard someone else say they think they heard them say."

Moreover, i'm still not entirely sure why not using new skeletons is completely relevant. Do you think the black winds serpent should move profoundly different from the green wind serpent? Should a dragon turtle move in a manner that's drastically different from any other turtle?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It looks like a hippogryph amputee to me 8(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Can anyone find the actual quote from blizzcon where they said they would make every new mount with a new wireframe? Instead of having people anecdotally state "I'm going to judge them for something I heard someone else say they think they heard them say."

Moreover, i'm still not entirely sure why not using new skeletons is completely relevant. Do you think the black winds serpent should move profoundly different from the green wind serpent? Should a dragon turtle move in a manner that's drastically different from any other turtle?
    Took the words right out of my mouth. To add up, making an entirely new skeleton, a set of animation, a higher-poly skin over it, and adjust it for every race takes a lot of time. So it's understandable that they took an existing model's skeleton, tore off the skin, made a new skin and modified it, THEN made recolors of it for variety. So far they have;
    Yaks, Cloud Serpents, Dragon Turtles, Panthers, Cranes and god knows how many more they'll add on/whatever I'm missing. I think they're doing well, but that's just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon View Post
    More phoenixes for my phoenix collection. :3
    Phoenixes for the Phoenix god! Mounts for the mount throne!

... er, wait.

Looks like a new model to me at least. They might use the animations from some existing, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tail....it looks so broken in the video where the mount is moving D:

I'm sorry but expecting them to not create even a single mount that's a recolor using the same model is nothing short of ignorant. Of COURSE there's going to be several color versions of the same models. Everything in this game gets reused! Models, animations, whatever. Often times you can find the same textures getting used on top of several different models to make it look different.

You know what else? Every video game in existence does this. You have to reuse as much as you can, because it speeds up production, and it keeps your game size smaller. it's called EFFICIENCY. This just another case of selective hearing. Blizzard says "we're going to do fewer recolors of older models", and people choose to interpret that as "every mount is going to have a unique model". That's NOT what they said, they said there were going to be fewer recolors of older models. What they're referring to is things like just adding in more versions of the drakes we already have. They're not going to do that. I'm GLAD there's multiple colors of the new mounts. Maybe I really like that dragon turtle, but I don't like it in red. If that was the only option, I (and a hell of a lot of other players as well) would instantly say "why is this only in one color?" We'd be pissed. But no, they show us multiple colors of new mounts and it's "those are recolors! they lied to us!". They're not recolors of anything you already had though, so what the @#$% are you complaining about?

I'm sorry, I shouldn't get so angry over this. But every time I see one of these entitled door-knob lickers bitching about how they were "lied" to or a "promise was broken" I want to punch them in the throat. Blizzard doesn't owe you ANYTHING. You know what you pay for each month? You pay for the ability to access their servers, and play with the stuff they've already built. You're NOT paying for future content. You buy that when you buy the expansion. If you don't like what they're bringing you in the expansion... don't pay for it. You vote with your wallet. Nothing speaks louder than money, so all the forum bitching in the world is instantly silenced and negated the moment you drop the cash for the xpac.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Yeah the tail feathers do look kind of awkward like that, it's a shame the phoenix model doesn't have more bones in it's tail (here's hoping they'll improve it).

10+ Year Old Account
    They do look pretty sweet. I don't think they'll be a meta reward though, as Blizzard like to use the new dragons for the first meta reward. That would leave us with a Cloud serpent. And it looks like that would be correct:Glory of the Pandaria Hero and Glory of the Pandaria Raider both give Cloud serpents.

As for where these mounts come from, they may drop from the world bosses as they're said to drop mounts. Alternatively they could be a rep reward, rare spawn or for a meta unrelated to dungeons or raiding.

Looks great, I must get one :3

Stood in the Fire TheReptorGekko's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    they look cool and I also think they look kinda troll like remind me abut Quetzals

10+ Year Old Account
    The dark jade coloured one is beautiful.

I just hope that with the new texture, just maybe they might be adding the ability for this model to land, like they did with hippogryphs.

They all look cool until everyone and there mother is flying around Org with one

10+ Year Old Account
    k, so taking the curious lack of front legs into consideration, this mount is pretty up there on the creepy scale.
    Look! Words!