Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I actually still do build SF with a lothar's too, and never really understood blink as a replacement. Lothars gives him stats, and allows him to cast his ult before he is even visible. Blink does not. Blink is good for heroes like Sand King, because he can precast his ult, but you can't precast SF. Also, you can still get great positioning with Lothar's. But I totally agree. Different builds work for different things and different situations, for 90% of heroes.
    Precasting RoS doesn't really work when you're seen, though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Precasting RoS doesn't really work when you're seen, though.
    That's what I'm saying, that's why I don't really like Blink on them. If they get a Gem/wards or true sight, meh, its still a decent item with stats, and its not like you can't kill the gem carrier. Some of the highest damage output in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 04:45 PM ----------

Also, pretty damn excited for NA, Visage, and KOTL tonight. Miss all 3.

I expect to see visage about as much as I see gyro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I actually still do build SF with a lothar's too, and never really understood blink as a replacement. Lothars gives him stats, and allows him to cast his ult before he is even visible. Blink does not. Blink is good for heroes like Sand King, because he can precast his ult, but you can't precast SF. Also, you can still get great positioning with Lothar's. But I totally agree. Different builds work for different things and different situations, for 90% of heroes.
    It also works well with sand kings storm. The storm takes you out of combat. Blink away.

you guys think that they'll release the 3 heroes at the same time? or maybe Anub'Arak first?
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    you guys think that they'll release the 3 heroes at the same time? or maybe Anub'Arak first?
    They are already released.

When did they change NA from scarabs to spiked carapace, I seriously don't remember this happening. People are trying to go mid with him and getting crushed because they don't realize bottlescarabs is why he used to go mid in the first place and now it's gone =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    When did they change NA from scarabs to spiked carapace, I seriously don't remember this happening. People are trying to go mid with him and getting crushed because they don't realize bottlescarabs is why he used to go mid in the first place and now it's gone =(
    Spiked carapace is the return dmg isn't it? I remember it always being like that. For at least the past 5 or 6 years.

Spiked carapace was a passive which granted bonus armor and melee damage return, it's a direct copy from warcraft 3 crypt lord skill, it was changed couple years ago to skill which summoned scarabs from a corpse (urna swarm i think), then changed (i think last year) back to redesigned spiked carapace (single charge refraction with stun if successful). And i don't see why you would go solo as NA, he works really well with partner in lane, and is kinda squishy early on being melee and caster agility hero.
    Last edited by cudomix; 2012-07-27 at 10:40 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Spiked carapace is the return dmg isn't it? I remember it always being like that. For at least the past 5 or 6 years.
    Yeah, ever since I remember (long time) it was a passive +armor and damage return to melee attackers. Now, in modern DotA, its the activated ability, I guess. I actually really like it. Couple of times that I jumped on people and impaled, burned, and popped that and they autoattack you if they aren't trying to run, and they just get stunned again. It was pretty nasty, me gusta.

Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Spiked carapace was a passive which granted bonus armor and melee damage return, it's a direct copy from warcraft 3 crypt lord skill, it was changed couple years ago to skill which summoned scarabs from a corpse (urna swarm i think), then changed (i think last year) back to redesigned spiked carapace (single charge refraction with stun if successful). And i don't see why you would go solo as NA, he works really well with partner in lane, and is kinda squishy early on being melee and caster agility hero.
    Agreed, got first blood on a WR as SB with NA to help last night. He's not bad support by any means. And it's easier to go ganking as a side lane and not be noticed, everyone is going to see that mid is gone.

I remember the passive armor/damage reflect. I just don't remember the activated ability, must've changed after I stopped playing....which would have been a year or more ago now (been playing DotA2 for like 8 months already).

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Agreed, got first blood on a WR as SB with NA to help last night. He's not bad support by any means. And it's easier to go ganking as a side lane and not be noticed, everyone is going to see that mid is gone.

I remember the passive armor/damage reflect. I just don't remember the activated ability, must've changed after I stopped playing....which would have been a year or more ago now (been playing DotA2 for like 8 months already).
    I remember NA having - Impale/ A mana drain /Spiked Carapace / WW. Spiked was passive then, but apparently he went through a bunch of changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    I remember NA having - Impale/ A mana drain /Spiked Carapace / WW. Spiked was passive then, but apparently he went through a bunch of changes.
    Yes and no, his mana burn was nerfed to make it fair for low int heroes in early game, but he was always a ganking machine and one of few heroes with dagon as his core item. Sadly, he loses a lot of power in late mid/late game.

I never liked dagon on NA. It's funny, but I've had much more success with diffusal blade. He's not really the worst hybrid carry with agility items (manta/yasha - diffusal - basher - etc). Knowing that people who don't know you're there won't react before you already hit them a few times, and then you also have a stun, you can usually get off a solid 5 or 6 autos on someone out of ult/impale. If those autos actually HURT, you've got yourself a moderately serious damage dealer.

Otherwise, you're just as good as a dagon BH is mid-late game.

Deleted
    I have a few questions. Will all DOTA 2 account's progress be reset on release? Why are the shop open in BETA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    I have a few questions. Will all DOTA 2 account's progress be reset on release? Why are the shop open in BETA?
    And added to that another question:

Do Vengeful spirits and Luna's aura's stack? If so, would it be a good laning combo?

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post

Do Vengeful spirits and Luna's aura's stack? If so, would it be a good laning combo?
    All auras should stack. Luna's aura is pretty horrible, though, I only skill it once for the vision. If you want to stack damage do VS/drow.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    according to Spoils of War FAQ
    None of the items you purchase or the progress you make will be lost or reset once the game is available for everyone.
    and
    Dota 2 is no longer in beta state but its not yet ready for full release

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    yes, veng, luna and good ranged/push hero (e.g. chen, ench, lion) is a very powerful "trilane" for pubs

10+ Year Old Account
    Some observations:

- Matchmaking is really weird. It seems like any time I break 50% winrate, I get nothing but idiots on my team and competent players on the other team, regardless of time of day. Once I drop under 50%, it's back to having competent players on both sides. Just because I broke 50% doesn't mean I want a parade of South Americans and Russians, along with a few drunk or high Aussies, for my teammates. I've also noticed that regardless of winrate, I usually have to wait 5-6 minutes for a game even during prime time hours. I doubt I'm so far ahead it's having trouble finding people good enough, but I don't really think I'm so bad it's having issues, either. ~50% seems pretty appropriate for my skill level.

- Omniknight is definitely much better when played as a 3 or so. He can lane competently, though he's bad for mid because he lacks any sort of rune control. Stout Shield makes a huge difference with him. Repel makes you mostly immune to spell harass and a shield makes you very resistant to autoattack harass, which lets you lane much more efficiently. Been doing a lot of Soul Ring -> Boots -> Phase Boots -> Drums lately and it's pretty sick. Phase Boots make you very effective at chasing and killing with early Degen Aura levels (I take it from 7-10 now) and Soul Ring mostly eliminates mana concerns. Usually trade the shield in for a Mek when I can, and maybe pickup a Staff of Wizardry for Eul's/Force Staff to completely eliminate mana issues. I get yelled at a lot for not having arcane boots, though.

- Furion is fucking stupid. I swear that hero's good at any role and at any stage of the game. How the hell has he not been nerfed or adjusted when he's seen in almost every pro game, regardless of meta? He ganks well, he's probably the most automatic jungler in the game, he's a phenomenal pusher, and he can even become a passable carry depending on items. He's a little bit item dependent, but he pushes and farms so easily once he picks up that Hand of Midas, it's ridiculous. Had a very close game that we lost due to Furion's frankly bullshit, borderline cheating teleport skill. Teleport, Sprout, make trees, attack tower. We'd see the pink dots on the map before he starts hitting the tower and it doesn't matter - the tower takes some more chip damage while the person's TPing back, and even if we manage to kill Furion... lol, who gives a shit I've got insane farm bitch, I'll just instantly buy back and backdoor again the second you leave.

It's fucking goddamn retarded. He's a hero with zero weak spots in his kit. He's item dependent for anything but split pushing, but he's so GOOD at split pushing, and farms so well with trees and his ulti, that it's not usually an issue. Their Furion was fucking terrible, about as awful as my Furion, and it doesn't matter. Can't land Sprouts for shit? Who cares, just go back to the jungle and farm until it's time to start split pushing. Port in, make trees, do whatever, port out. Grats, the lane is now pushed sufficiently that it requires a player to stop what he's doing and go defend the tower before it gets knocked down. Clear creep waves/farm from across the map with ulti (I don't think it was ever used in a team fight), split push constantly, and once you've got enough cash for it, sheepstick gives him some presence in teamfights. Finish with a Deso for extra tower rape and hey, brainless overpowered hero.

Granted the meta's been very push-heavy for the past year or so, but Furion's been present in nearly every game, even when the team wasn't going for a push-oriented team - he's just so fucking good at everything you pick him or ban him quickly or you're going to have an awful time. Do the developers just not give a shit about the state of the game? Are they just prioritizing getting the game to release status and then leaning back and watching the money roll in?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question. Does anybody know of a linkens/meka build for Skeleton King. I saw one do it last night and it seemed so obscure that it could be a proper build but I didn't see the point in it.