Second half of the season, yeah it's pretty damn weak. Overall Strength-of-Schedule is probably pretty tough, due to the brutal first half of the season. Plus when they did play a playoff team in the streak, they manhandled them on the road. I personally don't really view it as super important because I sort of feel like The Ravens aren't as good a team as their schedule implies, but I'll take the win. Don't want to go back into New England in the playoffs.

The reason Atlanta gets hit with questions all the time is good teams are supposed to beat up on bad teams and play consistently throughout most of the season. Atlanta seems to squeak out wins against bad teams, and have yet to really dominate a team in SF/NE/HOU fashion aside from this last week against The Giants. I'd say they're behind the Broncos and Packers as far as a rank is concerned, as I'm sure both of those teams could beat them if they were to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sanchez is reportedly getting benched in favor of McElroy, that shows some serious lack of faith in Tebow. If he can't get the start over Sanchez, let alone Greg freaking McElroy something is seriously terrible.

Atlanta is a huge question mark for me, they get cremated by the Panthers one week, then turn around and stop on the Giants the following week. The only team that is more spastic then they are in my opinion is the Baltimore Ravens. I am interested in seeing if they will be one and dones in the playoffs again or will actually DO something this year.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    It will be a typical peyton manning season, play no one in the reg season and lose in the early rounds of the playoffs.

All i heard last week about atl's quality wins yet no one mentions denver. Does anyone have a weaker schedule than them?
    The Pats schedule might give them a run for their money. That division is trash...6 easy games a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Sanchez is reportedly getting benched in favor of McElroy, that shows some serious lack of faith in Tebow. If he can't get the start over Sanchez, let alone Greg freaking McElroy something is seriously terrible.

Atlanta is a huge question mark for me, they get cremated by the Panthers one week, then turn around and stop on the Giants the following week. The only team that is more spastic then they are in my opinion is the Baltimore Ravens. I am interested in seeing if they will be one and dones in the playoffs again or will actually DO something this year.
    I'm not worried about the Falcons at all, Eli Manning was just in another world on Sunday and was having a terribad day. My opinion will change if they play a truly competitive team with teams like GB, SF, Den, NE, Houston etc..

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be a typical peyton manning season, play no one in the reg season and lose in the early rounds of the playoffs.

All i heard last week about atl's quality wins yet no one mentions denver. Does anyone have a weaker schedule than them?
    I feel like you are implying that Manning sets the schedule each year and opts to play lesser opponent and never plays anyone good. And lets no pretend like Indy was a good team for most of the years he carried them to the playoffs. They weren't, at all. Since 2002, Manning has put up these playoff stats:
    9-7 403/613 65.7% 4,831 yards, 28 TD, 17 INT 1 Super Bowl, 1 Super Bowl loss. He is 1-2 against New England, 2-0 against Baltimore, 2-0 against Denver, 0-1 against Pittsburgh, 2-0 against KC, 1-1 against the Jets, and 0-2 against San Diego in that time. So they have beaten people.

And it is pretty hard to tr and fault the Broncos for their schedule. Coming into the year they had the second hardest strength of schedule. When they were considering keeping Tebow this offseason all the talk was about how hard their schedule was going to be. Not exactly their fault KC and SD imploded. They just had the misfortune of playing literally all of their most difficult games right at the beginning of the season when they were integrating the single most complex offense in NFL history into their team. What Manning does is unlike anything anyone else does in the NFL so its understandable that there were some early stumbles. And it wasn't like Manning was bad at all in any game but Atlanta, when he spotted them 21 points with three early INTs. Against Atlanta, New England, and Houston, their three losses, Manning through 6 TDs and 3 INTs (all in one game), threw for 904 yards, and completed 60% of his passes.

And that was in games 2, 3 and 5 of being on a brand new team.
    With two players who were familiar with your offensive system.
    While having not thrown a pass in over a year.

I think the Broncos will be okay. They have a top tier defense, something Manning has had for about one season ever in indy (the season Bob Sanders was actually healthy). They also have a functional running game, something Manning hasn't had in years.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 04:36 PM ----------

Found this awesome strength of opponent chart for fantasy players: http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/st...f_schedule.cfm

More fuel for the Russel Wilson is the ROY over Andrew Luck folks (aside from you know him being massively better outside of total yards), Andrew Luck has faced the 5th easiest schedule for a QB this year. Russell Wilson has faced the 32nd, hardest in the NFL. He has also faced the 28th hardest schedule for rushing defenses, 31st for receivers, and 29th for TEs. Andrew Lucks? 5th, 16th, and 11th respectively. RG3 has 10th, 16th, 12th, and 31st in the big four offensive positions respectively. So not only does Russell Wilson have superior TDs, turnovers, TD/INT, Td%, INT%, Yards per attempt, etc. numbers he has also accumulated them against a much, much tougher slate of opponents than luck has.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post

Tebow was signed as a publicity stunt. Rumor is Big Rex didn't even want him in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Tebow was signed as a publicity stunt. Rumor is Big Rex didn't even want him in the first place.
    being the outstanding judge of QB talent that he is

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Hey, The Jets are a superbowl team.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Considering he has called Sanchez elite in the past....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    Considering he has called Sanchez elite in the past....
    Then Rex Ryan needs to coach Joe Flacco.

Yeah, heard the interview, where he said McElroy is starting, so I guess it's official. Finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    More fuel for the Russel Wilson is the ROY over Andrew Luck folks (aside from you know him being massively better outside of total yards), Andrew Luck has faced the 5th easiest schedule for a QB this year. Russell Wilson has faced the 32nd, hardest in the NFL. He has also faced the 28th hardest schedule for rushing defenses, 31st for receivers, and 29th for TEs. Andrew Lucks? 5th, 16th, and 11th respectively. RG3 has 10th, 16th, 12th, and 31st in the big four offensive positions respectively. So not only does Russell Wilson have superior TDs, turnovers, TD/INT, Td%, INT%, Yards per attempt, etc. numbers he has also accumulated them against a much, much tougher slate of opponents than luck has.
    RG3 will still win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Second half of the season, yeah it's pretty damn weak. Overall Strength-of-Schedule is probably pretty tough, due to the brutal first half of the season. Plus when they did play a playoff team in the streak, they manhandled them on the road. I personally don't really view it as super important because I sort of feel like The Ravens aren't as good a team as their schedule implies, but I'll take the win. Don't want to go back into New England in the playoffs.

The reason Atlanta gets hit with questions all the time is good teams are supposed to beat up on bad teams and play consistently throughout most of the season. Atlanta seems to squeak out wins against bad teams, and have yet to really dominate a team in SF/NE/HOU fashion aside from this last week against The Giants. I'd say they're behind the Broncos and Packers as far as a rank is concerned, as I'm sure both of those teams could beat them if they were to play.
    2-3 vs teams over .500 this year

their schedule has been pathetic and while it's not their fault that KC, SD and OAK have been free wins, they haven't looked good against good teams
    manning has always been a regular season hero. he's played on loaded teams since college. he couldn't lead UT to a championship but somehow tee martin did. indy had a top 3 roster about 6 times. denver has a top defense this year and they're 2-3 vs teams that have a chance at the playoffs

manning has gotten a free pass his whole life for being a regular season hero

the original matt ryan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

their schedule has been pathetic and while it's not their fault that KC, SD and OAK have been free wins, they haven't looked good against good teams
    manning has always been a regular season hero. he's played on loaded teams since college. he couldn't lead UT to a championship but somehow tee martin did. indy had a top 3 roster about 6 times. denver has a top defense this year and they're 2-3 vs teams that have a chance at the playoffs

manning has gotten a free pass his whole life for being a regular season hero

the original matt ryan
    So his team was so loaded, they went 2-14 without him. And Matt Ryan has obviously been to two Super Bowls, therefore the comparison is perfect....

Come on. You can argue their schedule all you want, but you're underrating a Super Bowl champion and first ballot Hall-of-Famer, and comparing him to someone that's been in the league for five years and hasn't won a playoff game. Wanna call him Tony Romo next?

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    Brand new offensive system, and goes 2-3 with small margins of loss in the first five games of the season, against already well-established teams. I'd have been happy with one win, especially since Denver's defense was like 20th in the league from 2011 (why pundits say it was a great defense, I dunno).

We can go around in circles about how easy the schedule is at this moment, but Denver plays exactly how good teams should be playing right now. Falcons are still inconsistent and that's going to hurt them in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So his team was so loaded, they went 2-14 without him. And Matt Ryan has obviously been to two Super Bowls, therefore the comparison is perfect....

Come on. You can argue their schedule all you want, but you're underrating a Super Bowl champion and first ballot Hall-of-Famer, and comparing him to someone that's been in the league for five years and hasn't won a playoff game. Wanna call him Tony Romo next?
    Dan marino with one ring.

No dome to hide in this time, home field is going to be cold. He isnt exactly tom brady in the elements.

A great qb dont get me wrong, overrated though. How many 1 time superbowl winning qbs are there? The guy isnt joe montana as people hype him up to be.

His brother has more than him

10+ Year Old Account
    Dan marino with one ring.

No dome to hide in this time, home field is going to be cold. He isnt exactly tom brady in the elements.

A great qb dont get me wrong, overrated though. How many 1 time superbowl winning qbs are there? The guy isnt joe montana as people hype him up to be.

His brother has more than him
    You're right, Peyton isn't Joe Montana.

Better completion percentage, miles more yards, 160 more touchdowns. He's better than Montana, given that right now Peyton's played one less season. Peyton isn't passing to Jerry Rice all those years either. Times change, but there's no reason to call him overrated.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do realize that he will likely play exactly one outdoor playoff game right? Assuming Houston wins their game he will then play in Houston, a dome. If he wins in Houston he will play in New Orleans, a dome. When he won the Super Bowl, again one of the two years he had a decent supporting cast, they won two outdoor games including the Super Bowl in the rain. And if you think he is overrated, he has 4 MVPs, maybe a 5th if AD doesn't break the record, that say he isn't. He has a team that utterly collapsed with identical personnel that says he isn't. Eli has a better team and has for years. When they won their first Super Bowl that had a ridiculous defense including the best d-line in ages. But the Colts D-line was good you say. No it wasn't. Never has been. The Colts defense could do one thing and one thing only, blitz. If they weren't up by double digits early their defense was a sieve and was that way for years.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Better completion percentage, miles more yards, 160 more touchdowns. He's better than Montana, given that right now Peyton's played one less season. Peyton isn't passing to Jerry Rice all those years either. Times change, but there's no reason to call him overrated.
    But the rings!! Haven't you heard, rings is all that matters. That is why Sam Jones is considered a top 5 NBA player and Bill Russell is considered the greatest? Jordan has 6 rings? PSSSHT. Russell has 11. Sam Jones has 10. Clearly better.

Thinking you had more grape vodka tonight than i have with that comment. Joe montana is like the best qb of all time. Unlike other sports our equipment hasnt changed much (protective gear, still the old pigskin). There are also a ton more rules that help the guy in the dress, aka qb.

Peyton had the triple threat, they are also hall of famers. His teams were very good.

Afc south and west arent exactly nfl powerhouse divisions.

Losing playoff record, lol, joe montana

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    But the rings!! Haven't you heard, rings is all that matters. That is why Sam Jones is considered a top 5 NBA player and Bill Russell is considered the greatest? Jordan has 6 rings? PSSSHT. Russell has 11. Sam Jones has 10. Clearly better.
    Should i call you dan marino or charles barkley?
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-12-19 at 02:34 AM.

here you all are making the joe montana comparisons

i'm just happy it's not tebow time in denver anymore man

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is just in silly territory

let Peyton in the discussion when he has a few more Super Bowl MVPs