Page 80 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judson View Post
    Plot twist... his "brother" is actually his 30 year old sister and the tenant is actually an 18 year old guy.

18 year old guy gets reduced rent for sleeping with OPs sister.

Is the internet still mad?
    I would still be, yes.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Stop changing the subject. It doesn't matter because he didn't rape or "sexually coerce" her either. She said yes. YES MEANS YES.
    Something tells me you don't know what "coercion" means.

I'd say "no offence," but fuck that, your brother is a piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop changing the subject. It doesn't matter because he didn't rape or "sexually coerce" her either. She said yes. YES MEANS YES.
    Oh, you're still responding to me? Interesting.

It was sexual coercion. She was pressured by her economic situation, and he took advantage of her compromised state to establish a sexual relationship. Even if you want to argue that it is overall better for her, it does not change the fact that his act was morally reprehensible.

Plot twist... his "brother" is actually his 30 year old sister and the tenant is actually an 18 year old guy.

Of course not!

10+ Year Old Account

If he's still doing it to care for a dependent, and is expressing signs that he is not happy about the situation?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    I would still be, yes.
    only cause its not you! (joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Something tells me you don't know what "coercion" means.
    Should I post the dictionary definition for you? Or do you witch hunters for rapists have a special one I don't know about? He didn;t force her in any way. She had 2 other options she could have picked without consequences from her landlord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthre...8#post19596968 - it isn't rape by rape's connotations, but it is still sexual coercion
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthre...7#post19597237 - The primary strawman post, using the definition of rape to deny that it is sexual coercion.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/showthre...0#post19597450 - continuing the assertion that focus should be put on rape and not on sexual coercion, since that better suits his argument to go with the more vague terms.

There are others, but primarily peripheral ones that don't stand out as much.
    Let's take the 2nd argument,I don't see what it changes whether he uses the word ''rape'' or ''sexual coercion'',in both cases he implies no rape or sexual coercion happened.I don't really see how your argument was threatened.

With respect, your brother sounds like a complete and utter cunt and is coercing a young woman probably overwhelmed by new found responsibilities.

He should be reported to the police and charged with rape.

I hope someone actually reports this and the police question you and you give your brother up. Maybe some time behind bars will do him good, where he's the one being coerced into sexual acts for survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Oh, you're still responding to me? Interesting.

It was sexual coercion. She was pressured by her economic situation, and he took advantage of her compromised state to establish a sexual relationship. Even if you want to argue that it is overall better for her, it does not change the fact that his act was morally reprehensible.
    No, her economic situation had nothing to do with him. She could have just as easily said no, paid the original rent, and been fine. This choice was easier.

I guess you took me off ignore then? Cute

Should I post the dictionary definition for you? Or do you witch hunters for rapists have a special one I don't know about? He didn;t force her in any way. She had 2 other options she could have picked without consequences from her landlord.
    um, you already have, and when it was pointed out to you that the definition you posted very clearly marked this situation as coercion, you went and found another definition about government and police uses of coercion and posted that one instead.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Let's take the 2nd argument,I don't see what it changes whether he uses the word ''rape'' or ''sexual coercion'',in both cases he implies no rape or sexual coercion happened.I don't really see how your argument was threatened.
    He implies that there is no sexual coercion because there is no rape, which he established by providing the definition for rape and using it to discount the argument (even though this would be included under duress). He has yet to counter sexual coercion without transferring it to rape instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lack of a benefit is a consequence, when one is in a tight financial situation. If she chose to do this because the rent was too high and she was in a bad financial situation, I'd say that's duress. However, if she had enough money to support herself and her brother, but wanted the extra money for luxuries and comforts, then I'd say that it was her own fault.

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    um, you already have, and when it was pointed out to you that the definition you posted very clearly marked this situation as coercion, you went and found another definition about government and police uses of coercion and posted that one instead.
    Now you are just lying. I have not changed my definition at all. Please don't lie.

Deleted
    She had time, as it was said by the OP, that she said no at first and later changed her mind. This means she had time to think about it. He did not threaten her, and had no weapon, so it wasn't "forced"
    I'm not saying she was coerced, but I do believe that even though she thought about it, the only way was to say yes, whether she wanted to or not.

And I'd say that is atleast, to some extent, coercion or being coerced.

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    The lack of a benefit is a consequence, when one is in a tight financial situation. If she chose to do this because the rent was too high and she was in a bad financial situation, I'd say that's duress. However, if she had enough money to support herself and her brother, but wanted the extra money for luxuries and comforts, then I'd say that it was her own fault.
    See, we don't know whether rent was too high, or she watned more luxuries. we can;t tell with the information given. Again, if rent was too high, she could get a 2nd job, or find a cheaper place. But she CHOSE to exchange sex for money.

Now you are just lying. I have not changed my definition at all. Please don't lie.
    no wait, you're right. the first one you posted was about extorting sex, and when that was pointed out to be clearly describing this situation, you went and found a definition about government and police uses of coercion and posted that instead.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It does, but that doesn't mean she meant it or wanted what would happen if she said yes.
    Obviously she wanted it,she was not threatened in any way to say yes thus the only source that yes could have come from is herself.
    She might not have liked it,but she still wanted to say yes.
    Just like everyone who works,they don't like their job but that doesn't mean they want to quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, we don't know whether rent was too high, or she watned more luxuries. we can;t tell with the information given. Again, if rent was too high, she could get a 2nd job, or find a cheaper place. But she CHOSE to exchange sex for money.
    This is true, but you make getting a second job or finding a cheaper place sound like it's an easy thing to do, like you can just sit your fishing pole there and get one within the hour. However, since there's not enough context, we don't know if there was some type of psychological coercion going on, and what EXACTLY transpired when this deal was sealed.