10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    because he (like all invisiblity-oriented heroes) relies on invisiblity so much, and it gets countered hard and fast even at semi-pro levels.
    tl;dr too easy to counter once your team applies some thought.
    I don't agree with that. Shukuchi gives him 522 move speed with no collision with nearly 100% uptime as long as he has mana for it. Even if you can see him, it's still gonna be really hard to stop him.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I don't agree with that. Shukuchi gives him 522 move speed with no collision with nearly 100% uptime as long as he has mana for it. Even if you can see him, it's still gonna be really hard to stop him.
    What Im trying to point out is that Weaver , like all invis-oriented heroes, is extremely squishy when exposed.
    people tend to pick solid, sure picks, thats just it.
    and if compared to other carries, he doesnt bring much to the table besides, well, his damage.
    at least drow has aura+silence, riki is a fething ward on legs + smokescreen, sven has imba-bolt and phaseboot+platemail buff ,etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbattou View Post
    I need ppl to play dota 2 because i can't stand playing alone, never get to win because i get 4 ppl picking carriers and bragging all the time.

How can i get friends? D:
    You can add me, I don't mind playing with anyone of any skill level though I can't guarantee I have much time to play with people other than those I usually play with. But in case you need advice or anything: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970707553

Or if you aren't comfortable playing in the higher end of MMR, maybe add this one instead: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073850452

But what Longview said, there's several places in reddit and IRC where you can find people of your own skill level to play with regularly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    The difference between playing against a Weaver with and without true sight is pretty huge. Weaver is a really good hero, without a doubt, but true sight still essentially disables his most efficient play style and (to some extent) forces him to invest in some survivability or die in a single hex.
    Last edited by Hermanni; 2013-01-14 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    The difference between playing against a Weaver with and without true sight is pretty huge. Weaver is a really good hero, without a doubt, but true sight still essentially disables his most efficient play style and (to some extent) forces him to invest in some survivability or die in a single hex.
    Yeah, I agree. But I don't think Dust is a practical solution to him, and you have to spend a LOT on sentry wards if you want to prevent him from moving around with Shukuchi. Gem works perfectly, of course, but that just means whoever has it is gonna spend a lot of time with a target painted on the head.

Wasn't his vulnerability to disables one of the chief reasons he wasn't played much? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    What Im trying to point out is that Weaver , like all invis-oriented heroes, is extremely squishy when exposed.
    people tend to pick solid, sure picks, thats just it.
    and if compared to other carries, he doesnt bring much to the table besides, well, his damage.
    at least drow has aura+silence, riki is a fething ward on legs + smokescreen, sven has imba-bolt and phaseboot+platemail buff ,etc etc.
    Yeah, but his damage is extremely hard to avoid. If you can't lock him down from full to dead in one go, he can Time Lapse out of a bad situation, and his damage ramps up REALLY quickly due to the free DD rune passive he gets, which also helps him with CS in the laning phase. He's also hard to harass because he can just Shukuchi around if you try to do much.

I guess his only real utility in a sense is that he's a good Radiance carrier, and his swarm thing gives vision and reduces armor. Seems like he'd be a good Orchid user, too.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2013-01-14 at 11:18 AM.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

A good Weaver mid will get every rune because no hero can beat shukuchi, not even QoP. Forcing your opponent to sit on a side before the spawn just to have a 50% chance of getting it puts you in a position to win mid already. And if they just start ignoring runes to farm you can gank side lanes well, Weaver with a DD is a free kill on just about anything early game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    A good Weaver mid will get every rune because no hero can beat shukuchi, not even QoP. Forcing your opponent to sit on a side before the spawn just to have a 50% chance of getting it puts you in a position to win mid already. And if they just start ignoring runes to farm you can gank side lanes well, Weaver with a DD is a free kill on just about anything early game.
    Yup. I'm pretty confident about my mid Dazzle, but Weaver was just wrecking me without even trying. You can't even really retaliate because he'll just Shukuchi if you try to make good use of spells, and you'll absolutely lose the fight trying to trade shots with his free double-hit.

10+ Year Old Account

Im gonna start playing as Wisp..
    Did you get any ganks?
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

just had a game we lost 31-0.
    I dont even.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    Im gonna start playing as Wisp..
    Did you get any ganks?
    there is a special place in hell for people like wisp

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    You can add me, I don't mind playing with anyone of any skill level though I can't guarantee I have much time to play with people other than those I usually play with. But in case you need advice or anything: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970707553

Or if you aren't comfortable playing in the higher end of MMR, maybe add this one instead: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198073850452

But what Longview said, there's several places in reddit and IRC where you can find people of your own skill level to play with regularly.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:28 AM ----------

Is that why recommended build on him is a linkens? In fact with regards to recommended builds are they on target? Like I have yet to see battlefury on the recommended build list in game but it's so good for PA and AM and other carry heros.

I'm sure it's already been posted somewhere in this thread, but it still just makes me laugh when I watch it.

I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    In fact with regards to recommended builds are they on target? Like I have yet to see battlefury on the recommended build list in game but it's so good for PA and AM and other carry heros.
    recommended items in game are 90% copy pasted from playdota.com
    and this guides are pretty old

Is that why recommended build on him is a linkens? In fact with regards to recommended builds are they on target? Like I have yet to see battlefury on the recommended build list in game but it's so good for PA and AM and other carry heros.
    Linken's is very good on him, no doubt, but you don't necessarily need it. I often build him like, early Basilius or Wraith Band, then Ring when I need one, then finish Treads and Perseverance in some order, maybe finish Aquila or Magic Wand, then finish Linken's and then get either Desolator or MKB depending on the game. Not even my own build but it's worked out really well for me every time I get good farm in offlane or wherever.

Like I have yet to see battlefury on the recommended build list in game but it's so good for PA and AM and other carry heros.
    sigh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    to be fair, he was picked as carry back in the days

and it is not that bad item on him anyway
    Last edited by Finear; 2013-01-14 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    My bad I have yet to play BH in dota 2. Why isn't it recommended for PA or AM though?

Battlefury is a terrible item altogether. You rarely make use for it in a team fight unless you have dark seer on your team, in which case it becomes one of the best items you can buy as a melee carry.

Circumstances for buying BF in a game>

A) You picked Magnus or Sven and BF will therefore give you pure cleave.
    B) You can build it by around 10 minutes, in which case it becomes a replacement for Midas for a mid-late game farming hypercarry.
    C) You are melee and DS is on your team.
    D) Enemy team is extremely illusion heavy (PL, you're the only person to counter manta AM/etc)

If BF will take you 20 minutes to farm, build Midas instead, it returns its value much more reliably. Otherwise, start working on real items. Guarantee a 25 minute manta AM is a lot scarier than a 25 minute BF AM. Gauge how well you are farming and plan your build accordingly, you do not have forever to start overpowering enemy heroes.

On that note, I seldom follow recommended builds for most heroes. I consider Orchid core on both Slark and Ursa, I also consider Lothar's vastly superior to blink for Ursa and Tiny. I go Desolator on Clinkz almost every game, I skip Orchid about half of the time. Builds change per game, not only by team comp. but also by how well you, personally, are doing in that game. They should not recommend BF for PA or AM because then every noob will build it and the win percentage of those heroes will be very low. You have to be very good at farming to pull off a early BF to mid game farm hypercarry. Players who need to be told what to buy should be going for real builds that are actually reliable, such as vanguard AM or HoD/wraiths PA.

I think the timing for BF on your B) point is 12m naked and about 14m with treads IIRC. 10m is really hard unless you get EVERY creep and some kills/towers. The rest of statement stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    I think the timing for BF on your B) point is 12m naked and about 14m with treads IIRC. 10m is really hard unless you get EVERY creep and some kills/towers. The rest of statement stands.
    I don't play pure carry much so I'm not accustomed to what people would consider the normal timing for this item, I'll take your word for it =p
    The last time I bought BF was on AM at about 10-11, but I did get just about every creep in the lane (solo against DS, AM can just tank ion shell with his magic resist). Other than that recent game (few days ago) I can't really remember the last time I bought it on a hero other than Sven or Magnus...and I don't even buy it on Sven very much (Magnus every game because pers is great for him early + his ult makes sure he gets cleaves off).

I didn't even know BF isn't recommended for AM, though I rarely have the suggestions open or look at them so I don't really know them for many heroes. I suppose it's from the time when rushing a Vanguard was the prevalent build. Personally, I usually avoid making a BF on any hero.

Though I must say, Battlefury itself isn't actually bad on Bounty Hunter, it gives just the stats you need if you're about to have a good snowball and the added pushing/farming power is a bonus. However it's sadly common to see people think getting a BF and then farming alone and split-pushing like you're Anti-Mage is okay (or even efficient) while the rest of your team is pushing/defending and fighting elsewhere.