Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    I'd bet your also the one that complains when your team loses every game.

2 BG's is a joke. Probably the easiest part of the quest chain that can be done in a half hour. Would you prefer a quest that required you to kill x raid boss 25 times?
    Probably would prefer x kills of a raid boss for that matter.... I absolutely detest PVP.... hence why I rolled PVE server.... got it out of the way, those quests but still it sucked having to do it....

If it is that painful, just zone in and afk somewhere in a corner, let others do the work and watch tv or something till it is over. Viola quest completed.

Deleted
    How the fuck do you think we PvPers felt like when we were required to go and kill dragons to get the best PvP gear? please stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus55 View Post
    How the fuck do you think we PvPers felt like when we were required to go and kill dragons to get the best PvP gear? please stop whining.
    This so much. I really dont understand why people are being so butthurt about it, its two freaking battlegrounds. Temple takes like 7 minutes to win, and mine doesent take too long either.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 11:03 PM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    If it is that painful, just zone in and afk somewhere in a corner, let others do the work and watch tv or something till it is over. Viola quest completed.
    Or, even better, try to participate. Be annoying! Kill someone on the other side! Live a little!

Hell, even your just being there and forcing them to kill you can help significantly in some circumstances.

I just did this on my rogue, and I haven't PVPed on her since Wrath. Took 2 runs each, because the first set the group just basically flopped around like a dead fish, but it took me maybe an hour, I got some HKs, and annoyed the crap out of a troll druid who thought he was going to be the hero of Silvershard Mines by taking our cart just before it turned in.
    Last edited by Telwar; 2013-01-29 at 04:06 AM.

I find it rather hillarious that PvEers whine this much about doing two random BGs. In the start of every expansion we PvPers are forced to run like 10 HCs before being lucky on a PvE shit weapon. All expansions/seasons we've been forced to run raids, actually to get into HC raids to get the best items for us.
    And now you guys are forced to do TWO battleground (Just make a semi premade with 5 people and faceroll it, takes you like 10 minutes to find people in /trade chat), and you whine and cry like litle girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I wouldn't have minded it so much had it not been such a suck-fest in Silvershard Mines. Alliance, at least in my group, loses 90%+ of the time. It took 12 runs to win it, and I could only handle about 3-losses at a time before I had to take a break. When we finally won, it was 1600 to 1551. I mean, we BARELY won.

I also tried with the suggestions above - Went by myself, went with a group of friends (comprising 50% of the BG), etc. It simply came down to luck, honestly. The carts were in the perfect spot when the BG started and people from our side happened to split somewhat evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Litre View Post
    I wouldn't have minded it so much had it not been such a suck-fest in Silvershard Mines. Alliance, at least in my group, loses 90%+ of the time. It took 12 runs to win it, and I could only handle about 3-losses at a time before I had to take a break. When we finally won, it was 1600 to 1551. I mean, we BARELY won.

I also tried with the suggestions above - Went by myself, went with a group of friends (comprising 50% of the BG), etc. It simply came down to luck, honestly. The carts were in the perfect spot when the BG started and people from our side happened to split somewhat evenly.
    I havent done this quest, but do you have to do Silvershade Mines? :P
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sixthtry View Post
    Did I tell you how much I dislike pvp, well i guess thats why I dont do it, am a pve'er thats what I like. Now the big question is why does blizz put in me having to win Bg's for a pve quest line doesnt make any sense. I dont have pvp gear and my toon isnt set up for it. So please blizz let pve do there thing and pvp do theres. And dont tell me i dont have to do it if i dont want to since im a raider and yes i do want the extra gem slot.
    short answer... its not a 'pve quest line'... its a legendary quest line... once you grasp that you'll realize why BG wins are part of a legendary quest line.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I havent done this quest, but do you have to do Silvershade Mines? :P
    Silvershard mines, yep. Have to win one Silvershard, one Temple of Kotmogu. With Temple, it's not so bad. The layout favors no one, and the winner is determined by skill/coordination of players. I won this BG in 2 attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    completely agree, it's a PVE quest line (with the irrational exception of this quest) with PVE rewards for raiding. imagine how PVP'ers would react if they had to clear ToES normal or heroic to get the best PVP weapons for example
    personally I don't enjoy PVP, I'm not even fond of PVE dps on my warrior and prot has been useless in battlegrounds for years
    Because it's not like PvP'ers have had to do this since Vanilla.. No... not at all...

And no, Prot Warriors haven't been useless for years. In fact they're the most popular Flag Carrier in RBGs and if you have a good Prot carriers in randoms you'll generally win.

Deleted
    What makes it a PvE quest line if it requires you to PvP and in 5.2 it can grant you a legendary PvP gem? It is both a PvE and PvP quest line.

Yeah, not exactly a well thought-out move from Blizzard.
    As someone who doesn't like PvP at all, i don't keep a set of PvP gear in my bags and i assume others who feel the same doesn't keep PvP gear as well.
    And PvPing without PvP gear is suicide, as you'll get torn to pieces in seconds.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the PvP part of the questline gets taken out later on, either due to negative feedback from PvE/PvP people or if a majority of the PvE people only does battlegrounds if they are mandatory.
    There is after all a reason to why people roll on PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerfenus View Post
    Yeah, not exactly a well thought-out move from Blizzard.
    As someone who doesn't like PvP at all, i don't keep a set of PvP gear in my bags and i assume others who feel the same doesn't keep PvP gear as well.
    And PvPing without PvP gear is suicide, as you'll get torn to pieces in seconds.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the PvP part of the questline gets taken out later on, either due to negative feedback from PvE/PvP people or if a majority of the PvE people only does battlegrounds if they are mandatory.
    There is after all a reason to why people roll on PvE servers.
    But then again - its a legendary quest chain. Why shouldnt it "force" you to do every aspect of the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Tbh, most of them are. Bots, bots everywhere!
    Maybe in the middle of the night, I have done of alot of BGs with friends & I seen minimal to none and I played during the day or primetime, not middle of the night.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I actually like the idea of having to do a BG for a pve quest. What would make it even better is if we had to summon the elemental in AV in order to complete the quest.

Deleted
    There is the option NOT to do the quest. Nobody is really being forced to do anything at all.

No sha touched weapons in 5.2. I wouldn't even waste your time.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    But then again - its a legendary quest chain. Why shouldnt it "force" you to do every aspect of the game?
    Why should it "force" you into doing something you aren't interested in/properly geared for?
    Especially something that requires a vastly different mindset/play style from what you usually do.
    As i said, there is a reason why there are PvE servers.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    No sha touched weapons in 5.2. I wouldn't even waste your time.
    But there are legendary meta gems. But only for people who "waste their time".
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week