Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait and see, this will bite Blizzard in the ass, not in the near months, but I can see it by the beginning of the next year, when the year long drought of content will begin again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Disgusting piece of news. Blizzard is becoming lazy again.

Scenarios are pure garbage, I haven't found one that I liked in the slightest.
    Then don't do them. Calling things garbage is not constructive.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    But that's what they are, they reward nothing of good use, they last for 20 minutes at most, and because of the lack of loot are a one time thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Disgusting piece of news. Blizzard is becoming lazy again..
    Totally. I bet the devs who work with dungeons are sitting around playing flashgames and getting paid for it
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I don't think we need them, but it would be nice. I've always liked the 5 mans that accompanied the last tier of an xpac for some reason

I can bet you if there was new five mans people would still complain.
    Either that the dungeons have too good of gear making the previous tiers obselete, or that the gear is not good enough to warrant doing them. I enjoy dungeons but I have no idea how to make them so that they solve both points. The best example i can think of were the ICC dungeons I remember a lot of people complaining about how there was no reason to do ulduar and naxx

I hate dungeons. They take too darn long and people just ninja your stuff. I just do scenerios because they're much faster. lol

Yeah let's just keep saying this to any new content that comes out. (Don't like it? Don't do it. Don't like the new armor? Just transmog for the millionth time!")

Here's a tip:

Good developers develop new content that anyone can enjoy, not something that fills a niche.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeons serve little use to player progression, and scenarios have proved to be a easier approach to storytelling. Dungeons have become superfluous beyond the first gearing up tier.

I don't really care for new 5mans tbh. It would be really nice to get some but ya I just don't care. What I do wish they would do is when MoP is done to add non heroic versions of the heroic only dungeons like gate of the setting sun (make it like a 89 dungeon) so we don't have to run the same 4 over and over again if you just want to dungeon spam.

Just remember, playerbase: It was another part of you that complained about new 5-mans invalidating older content of the expansion and being used as a catchup mechanic. It was that part of the playerbase who wanted everyone to work through all the previous raid tiers to get caught up. Well, here it is.

Personally, I don't mind it. New 5-mans aren't needed, cause as both WotLK and Cata would show, they upset the balance. Additionally, those 2 expansions did not have LFR that we do now. It may not be ideal for some, but nothing ever is good for EVERYONE.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    In WoW you have 3 endgames.

1. Farm Dailies.

2. Farm Dailies and Raids.

3. Farm Arena.

Note they are all pointless grinds at this point and offer no fun aside for "Oh boy, my iLevel went up!"
    This has been the case since TBC so why are people still complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah let's just keep saying this to any new content that comes out. (Don't like it? Don't do it. Don't like the new armor? Just transmog for the millionth time!")

Here's a tip:

Good developers develop new content that anyone can enjoy, not something that fills a niche.
    How much bias there has to be to call what you don't like a "niche"?

Here's a tip:

No developer has ever made anything in the history of gaming that anyone can enjoy. It's not human nature for anything to exist that all will like.

Here's a tip:

Try making something that everyone enjoys for what now? 8 years? You can never please everybody. If they added new dungeons there can only be two results: Old raids would become obsolete because the new dungeons introduce better gear, or the new dungeons reward too little and aren't worth doing. Pick your poison, I prefer the way they're going with it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Try making something that everyone enjoys for what now? 8 years? You can never please everybody. If they added new dungeons there can only be two results: Old raids would become obsolete because the new dungeons introduce better gear, or the new dungeons reward too little and aren't worth doing. Pick your poison, I prefer the way they're going with it now.
    You would've thought that they would've gained enough experience during those 8 years to know how to please most of their playerbase, and as we can see, they did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    How much bias there has to be to call what you don't like a "niche"?
    How much bias does there have to be to completely ignore all of the other people in this very thread alone, complaining about scenarios and disliking them?

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Just wait and see, this will bite Blizzard in the ass, not in the near months, but I can see it by the beginning of the next year, when the year long drought of content will begin again.
    And when Blizzard announces the next expansion and it's release date for like March 2013 (6 months after an estimated Sept release of 5.4, if thye keep things on the same timetable as current) at Blizzcon this fall, then what?

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    You would've thought that they would've gained enough experience during those 8 years to know how to please most of their playerbase, and as we can see, they did not.
    Actually, the people that complain are not "most" of the playerbase, but a very small, but noisy, minority of the playerbase. The fact that Scenarios are still instant-queues, anytime of the day or night, proves there is more than enough people actually doing them regularly. Hell, you can get 476 epic armor from them, something you cannot get in 5-mans.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-03-09 at 10:30 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Thanks. Now I know, that I won't resub in this xpack.
    So, how long were you subbed this expansion, if only playing for 5-mans? If you are only doing dungeons, you are wasting your money on WoW in my opinion