Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    Because you're stating your opinion as fact. Jtbrig7390's posts at least have substance and are more than just rants.
    Why are you so upset? Are you a casual?

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Graphics updates?! LOL?

What, an improved water texture? Lighting tuning?

The friggin engine hasn't changed, nor will it probably ever.

You can paint the shit out of an old car, and guess what it's still an OLD car!
    On a pure technical engine level no the game hasn't changed much but all that little stuff sure makes a big difference. I mean, walk around Ashenvale and compare the graphics to ToT.

I do agree that there is a limit to how many licks of paint they can give the engine though. I dream of a day when trees are no longer lollipops with flat 2D textures cleverly stitched together :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

WoW not going berserk on graphics updates is probably the main reason they're still as popular as they are.

Contrary to how it was in the 90s, the gaming audience these days just isn't interested in upgrading their system every patch and/or buying a completely new rig everytime a new game/xpac comes out. The fact that they addressed this issue from the get-go is one of the main reasons they soared in popularity during TBC and WOTLK.

I'd hazard to guess the majority of WoW players don't upgrade anything on their system for a year or two at a time. Anytime Blizzard makes impactful graphical updates, they have to factor in that it's highly likely they'll make the game unplayable for a portion of their customers - which is why they avoid (and will continue to avoid) any significant graphical updates.

If you're looking for cutting edge graphics, you'll never get it from WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Since when did you become me.......I stated my reasons to why I unsubbed and why many others may have unsubbed.
    As it stands now Friday/Saturday/Sunday is my most busy times of the week and sometimes even Thursday. So if I wanted to play that means sun-wed I could get to and one of the day's play I should not have to spend on doing a shit ton of daily's to try to reach my weekly valor cap and get as much rep as I can out of that day as well. now that is one day out of 4 wasted on daily's and day 2 and 3 is raid days so day 4 is ether making up for what we didn't get done raiding or if its after reset doing another day of daily's.
    This was your rant it was all about dailies, which I stated I never do because they are not mandatory to raid or valor cap, you can very easily cap valor by raiding however if you have professions and want something from the rep person? Sure you need to do what's required but as we were talking about raiding...........dailies stopping you was an excuse.

Well for me they can add two more subscriptions to that list. I had an Alliance and Horde account because of the old PvP server restriction. I played on Dragonmaw US since launch. It was always a high pop server. In cat it went to medium high pop and then MoP the population vanished.

My guild <Sovereign> officially transferred tonight to Kel'Thuzad US. I will not be going. I always felt that I would start my WoW journey on Dragonmaw and it will end on Dragonmaw. No I refuse to pay 2 Accounts * 11 Toons each * $25 per toon to server transfer to be with people I have spent over 8 years enjoying the game with.

Others in my guild felt the same way and have cancelled their accounts as well. We were the last PvE raiding guild on the alliance of Dragonmaw. Now there are none.

Blizzard has done this to themselves. Their greed has turned loyal fanboys such as myself, I grew up playing in the Warcraft universe: Warcraft 1, 2 3 RoC, 3 TFT and WoW, into pissed off former customers. For several years they have said they are aware of the issue of low population realms. Newsflash, there are 246 NA realms and about 20 of them have real populations. That leaves over 200 realms with crap experiences. I am surprised the numbers are falling more. Once more loyal fans figure out it wont get better, stop hoping, their numbers for subs will fall off a cliff. Like I said, they deserve this.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

Quote Originally Posted by majesta View Post
    Well for me they can add two more subscriptions to that list. I had an Alliance and Horde account because of the old PvP server restriction. I played on Dragonmaw US since launch. It was always a high pop server. In cat it went to medium high pop and then MoP the population vanished.

My guild <Sovereign> officially transferred tonight to Kel'Thuzad US. I will not be going. I always felt that I would start my WoW journey on Dragonmaw and it will end on Dragonmaw. No I refuse to pay 2 Accounts * 11 Toons each * $25 per toon to server transfer to be with people I have spent over 8 years enjoying the game with.

Others in my guild felt the same way and have cancelled their accounts as well. We were the last PvE raiding guild on the alliance of Dragonmaw. Now there are none.

Blizzard has done this to themselves. Their greed has turned loyal fanboys such as myself, I grew up playing in the Warcraft universe: Warcraft 1, 2 3 RoC, 3 TFT and WoW, into pissed off former customers. For several years they have said they are aware of the issue of low population realms. Newsflash, there are 246 NA realms and about 20 of them have real populations. That leaves over 200 realms with crap experiences. I am surprised the numbers are falling more. Once more loyal fans figure out it wont get better, stop hoping, their numbers for subs will fall off a cliff. Like I said, they deserve this.
    I feel for you.

I honestly think if they dont do free transfers at the very least do a £5 transfer fee that covers up to 11 characters from 1 realm for a month. Meaning you can move 11 characters in that month period from when you paid for the xfer. Make it small microtransaction sizes like that.

I also think its time they did either xrealm merging and got realms up to size again and properly balanced them. the server I am on due to my friends being on is bloody dead. :/

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    WoW not going berserk on graphics updates is probably the main reason they're still as popular as they are.

Contrary to how it was in the 90s, the gaming audience these days just isn't interested in upgrading their system every patch and/or buying a completely new rig everytime a new game/xpac comes out. The fact that they addressed this issue from the get-go is one of the main reasons they soared in popularity during TBC and WOTLK.

I'd hazard to guess the majority of WoW players don't upgrade anything on their system for a year or two at a time. Anytime Blizzard makes impactful graphical updates, they have to factor in that it's highly likely they'll make the game unplayable for a portion of their customers - which is why they avoid (and will continue to avoid) any significant graphical updates.

If you're looking for cutting edge graphics, you'll never get it from WoW.
    Actually, it has more to do with the engine being so old that raising the graphics cripples even gaming PC's. WoW doesn't use enough RAM and doesn't work properly with multiple GPU's. The tech is simply too old (case in point, my GTS 250 runs WoW better than my HD 5970 simply because the video card is dual GPU and only one is doing any work).

Regardless, graphics isn't WoW's issue and never will be...

Pretty much the exact same thing I see written over and over.

Their inability to address low-pop realms + the fact that they are bombing in eastern markets is why they'll likely be below 5 million subs (losing 50%+ of their player base) by the end of the year. People are just sick of it and Blizzard is delusional if they think a large portion of their customers are going to pay several hundred dollars to transfer all their toons to one of a handful of populated realms.

You're right - they've sealed their own fate.

Not to mention that every time a player quits a dead realm, it decreases the playing experience for every person left on that realm. Hence a big snowball effect coming for WoW subs.
    Last edited by spectrefax; 2013-05-17 at 09:21 AM.

Dead realms aren't the only problem 'toxic' players can often pollute someone's experience to the point they no longer wish to play. Silvermoon EU in its heyday was a great server last time I ventured on it was full of people being elitist and rude to each other. The Players that made the game successful are few and far between and those that remain are being mired in foul language and anti-social behaviour sadly its too late for Blizz to actively ban the people who spend their time cyber-bully other people. Hopefully the next company to release a large mmo will realise there should be a zero tolerance policy on language AND behaviour. As for WoW its not dying quite yet but i'm wondering if it will see its tenth birthday...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffy101 View Post
    Dead realms aren't the only problem 'toxic' players can often pollute someone's experience to the point they no longer wish to play. Silvermoon EU in its heyday was a great server last time I ventured on it was full of people being elitist and rude to each other. The Players that made the game successful are few and far between and those that remain are being mired in foul language and anti-social behaviour sadly its too late for Blizz to actively ban the people who spend their time cyber-bully other people. Hopefully the next company to release a large mmo will realise there should be a zero tolerance policy on language AND behaviour. As for WoW its not dying quite yet but i'm wondering if it will see its tenth birthday...
    I agree with the toxic communities. I have seen a few of those on other realms. It is sad Blizzard cannot look at what League of Legends did and adapt similar ideas to nudge the community towards less toxic behavior.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with a zero tolerance policy is that it doesn't really solve the issue. Players have simply become much more distant from each other and in turn makes hostilities a lot more apparent, especially since a lot of players tend to be silent and not speak out if something happens. There is no system that rewards good behaviour, which is essential if you want a good community in a game like WoW. If you are going to be nice to someone nowadays, expect to do so of good will, and many are not willing to do so because of those hostilities. It's a bad circle all around.

Fix the disease, not the symptoms, and the community will improve.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Then the graphics engine will be remade and the world will be updated.

They are making a new Star Wars film for a reason. The IP is still popular and still resonates with a modern audience.
    You don't remake an engine to be new. You get/invent a new one. Besides, Blizzard has already been tinkering with their current engine since the launch of WoW, and they are pretty much pushing it with hat they can do with it, at this point.

Considering that their latest released games StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 have got their own engines that Blizzard built themselves, the only way WoW could possibly be built in a new engine is if the developers make a new one or use the engine Titan has. Even then, the amount of work to achieve those goals would be like if they made an entire new game, which is way too much work to even be worth the effort.

Also, a new Star Wars film does not require that it must be made based on technology used from the 70s, which the original trilogy had. Instead, the filmakers will use current day technology. Your comparison does not make much sense otherwise.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-05-17 at 10:35 AM.

Deleted
    I agree with the toxic communities. I have seen a few of those on other realms. It is sad Blizzard cannot look at what League of Legends did and adapt similar ideas to nudge the community towards less toxic behavior.
    To be fair the LoL community is also far more toxic than WoW's community.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Why do I have the onus to prove anything when you just say stuff and expect others to accept it as fact? lol it's a public forum and you won't find any proof on a matter that is subjective and without a working definition as "casual".

Wild claim? lol

Hate speak? lol

thanks for the fun, gnight man
    Like someone else has already stated you stated your "Opinion" as a fact. So ether now defend that opinion with some proof or just stop replying because if you can't defend it with proof then all your doing is spewing more hate speech about casual's.

As far as we know it casual's have never un-subbed and hardcore/bots are leaving but we don't know anything more then subs are dropping.

until blizzard tells us in detail we do not know of its casual's/hardcore's/bots/space man ect that are leaving.

You said:
    We can't change the company, but we can vote with our wallets. Yet, they don't care.

They did cater to casuals who have no time to play games, who have no commitment/loyalty to games, who only want to play for half hour and GET EVERYTHING, loot, title, more loot, etc (because they pay $15). Hardcores left already. Now Blizz is wondering why they are still losing subs as they give casuals everything they ask for. Casuals never had any commitment/loyalty to the game as they jump from game to game and don't have much time to play the game in the first place and will unsub and not feel bad about it.

This was an MMO, played with in-game friends. From what I see on the forums, friends is the number one reason people give when they say they don't like the game but still hang around. It is because of the guild, friends, family, etc. In WotLK/Cata/MOP, Blizz changed the game for people who do not have a guild, do not have friends, everything is LFD/LFR. Then Blizz wonders why people are unsubbing more and more. They removed the number one reason people hang onto the game: the friends. Now there are no friendships in the game, only LFD/LFR strangers and the moment a player does not like a change or completes faceroll content and there is nothing to do, they simply unsub. There is nothing that connects them to the game, no in-game friends, no guilds, and they leave. Just like that.
    Now prove it the bold part is the main part you need to prove since you have made such a wild claim.

Also just because MOP has LFR it is far from casual there is many reasons "That have been stated in this thread many times" why MOP is not casual friendly.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-05-17 at 10:53 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You don't remake an engine to be new. You get/invent a new one.
    And Blizzard will do that if WoW remains popular. You don't seem to realise how profitable even a mere 2 million subs are.

Considering that their latest released games StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 have got their own engines that Blizzard built themselves, the only way WoW could possibly be built in a new engine is if the developers make a new one or use the engine Titan has. Even then, the amount of work to achieve those goals would be like if they made an entire new game, which is way too much work to even be worth the effort.
    Technology and software evolves every quickly. It will be easier to do in the future.

Also, a new Star Wars film does not require that it must be made based on technology used from the 70s, which the original trilogy had. Instead, the filmakers will use current day technology. Your comparison does not make much sense otherwise.
    Yeah, they use new technology, like Blizz will if the IP remains popular.

My point is the Intellectual Property itself is popular. The game will age but the art, lore etc will still remain popular. Unless people find something better (a darker themed MMO with a similar setting could beat WoW if it had the right people and budget behind it), but games can always be updated.

Silvermoon EU in its heyday was a great server last time I ventured on it was full of people being elitist and rude to each other.
    Silvermoon EU is a dead realm. Brain-dead, to be more specific.

You nudge the community towards less toxic behavior by making the game rely on social interactions more, by shaping server communities again, by adjusting ingame tasks properly so that without some kind of (positive) social interaction you will not see the big part of this game.

It is as clear as a bright day that LFR, LFD, absence of group quests, phasing and other "amazing" features this game has added only fucked over the community and the need to behave yourself, you're just another anynomous sucker in a pool of players over the whole battlegroup, you don't care about nothing, nobody cares about you, it's a huge price to pay for convenience.

Assholes have existed before and this has been discussed many times, but this kind of silent, apathic, bitter, non-caring community is a feature of the last few years, because the game itself doesn't provide the appropriate grounds for social interactions and developments anymore.

Guild perks should be removed. The idea of a guild is to house players with similar goals and ideas about the game. Being in a guild has benefits by itself, you befriend members, get crafting discounts, get into raids, dungeons groups, discussions. The perk system has spawned guilds which have upward of 500 members, who don't say a word to eachotherin a month and are just there to reap the benefits of a level 25 guild. If that isn't fucked up on a social scale then I don't know what is.

I feel it in my bones, WoW will be under five million subs by year end. Laugh and mock that statement if you like. Saying "but it's still 5 mil subs" is not going to be a plus when you basically lose half your subs in a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Blizzard will do that if WoW remains popular. You don't seem to realise how profitable even a mere 2 million subs are.
    Blizzard has never rebuilt their games in newer engines after they released them and they have showed no sign of breaking that trend. Want to know what they as well as majority of gaming companies do instead? They make new games and sequels in more modern engines and leave the older games as they are. It is far more profitable than taking an already released game and rebuild it in a new engine.

Technology and software evolves every quickly. It will be easier to do in the future.
    You have no idea what you are talking about, do you? I mean, you can't be this gullible that you actually believe that newer technology will make it easier to convert older technology to become new. It just does not work that way, at all. It is complete asinine.

Yeah, they use new technology, like Blizz will if the IP remains popular.

My point is the Intellectual Property itself is popular. The game will age but the art, lore etc will still remain popular. Unless people find something better (a darker themed MMO with a similar setting could beat WoW if it had the right people and budget behind it), but games can always be updated.
    WarCraft is a franchise and gaming franchises produce sequels to meet those demands. WoW will remain in the same engine and if any plans are made to continue the WarCraft brand, sequels will be made instead, and WoW will be left behind. That is the reality of the situation.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-05-17 at 03:34 PM.

Blizzard has never rebuilt their games in newer engines after they released them and they have showed no sign of breaking that trend. Want to know what they as well as majority of gaming companies do instead? They make new games and sequels in more modern engines and leave the older games as they are. It is far more profitable than taking an already released game and rebuild it in a new engine.

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you? I mean, you can't be this gullible that you actually believe that newer technology will make it easier to convert older technology to become new. It just does not work that way, at all. It is complete asinine.

WarCraft is a franchise and gaming franchises produce sequels to meet those demands. WoW will remain in the same engine and if any plans are made to continue the WarCraft brand, sequels will be made instead, and WoW will be left behind. That is the reality of the situation.
    Thats not always the case alot of mmos had there fxs increased so much it was pretty much a in game with the same name brand you sir don't know what blizzard is planing all we know they over haul the look of the game in one expansion nobody really knows fyi just because there a part 2 of wow if that ever happens doesn't mean they will let the old wow die look at sony and everquest one and 2 is still alive and kicking what makes you think they would just pull the plug and piss people off not a good idea at all they might let you play both mmos then like wow 1 and 2 i seen alot of mmos do that ext.

---------- Post added 2013-05-17 at 03:53 PM ----------

also everquest changed there engine at one point it was a massive diff you need to put down that kool-aid of yours sir.

Deleted
    Blizzard has never rebuilt their games in newer engines after they released them and they have showed no sign of breaking that trend.
    That doesn't mean they won't.

Blizz could do it right now if they wanted but it's not worth it until average PC tech takes another huge leap which it will in a few years.

Want to know what they as well as majority of gaming companies do instead? They make new games and sequels in more modern engines and leave the older games as they are. It is far more profitable than taking an already released game and rebuild it in a new engine.
    They could do that as well. I am happy with either solution as long as we see the game improve.

Lol. Technology and software evolve very quickly. Have you ever seen the size of the first computers?

The reason why you see so many free to play games now is precisely because they are relatively easy to make compared to when WoW first launched. But if you went back in time 15 years even many free to play games you see now would have been impossible to make.

You are trapped in the present. I notice this mentality in politics a lot too. Things change. You don't have to wait for a train to run you over before you realise that the light at the end of a tunnel is a train.

Perhaps. That is a very likely scenario, but Blizz could improve WoW nevertheless. I suspect that they will upgrade the graphics as best they can for a while with the current engine and average PC tech in mind, but since Titan isn't going to compete with WoW, Blizz will keep updating the engine even if that means remaking it if WoW remains popular.

When average PC tech takes another leap then it will be easier to upgrade WoW's graphics.