Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So they are just poor?
    Are you yanking my chain here?

50k players
    May I remind you that Dota 2 hit 4 million montly users a few hours ago? That's 80 times more than 50k, and considering it was 200k less a few days ago and a bit over 3 million before "launch", I'd say a lot of players have been getting in and since they all can play just fine I doubt the game is very closed right now. You're right about one thing though, Valve do seem to care a bit less about new players than old players.

This doesn't change the fact that you're still littering this thread with your nonsense. You can dismiss us all as Valve fanboys and never play the game if you want to, but so far absolutely nobody has come even close to agreeing with you or even admitting you make a reasonable argument, so it's about time you stop repeating your same tired arguments every time someone replies to you and move on.

Deleted
    It's Valve we are talking about here, you all knew this was coming, they are a good company but they need more staff just look at their numbers compared to the other big companies

How can they get so much money and perform like some indie game launching a game from their basement? Or wait, even indie nerds might be able to handle 50k players if they got a week to work on it. I bet they would even be able to post an update on website to their new players waiting. Because it's not that hard and it shows seriousness and that they do care about their new players.
    Why on earth would they else launch this game NOW?
    If beta went well for you and your brothers and the other people that played, and it was easier to be able to play than now. Why launch the game at all? Why not stay in beta 2-3 years more so they can prepare how to handle 50k players that wants to join the game within a week?
    They don't need to communicate to you any more than they already have. It's a completely free game, you get absolutely zero ingame advantages by using their shop and you haven't payed for the game. The launch is not your standard launch, it's slowly transitioning from beta to released state - call it a slow launch.

They have already informed everyone of this and how you might have to wait a few days to get in. Be patient and wait or leave. There's just no more words needed than this. Not from us here, not from Valve.

http://blog.dota2.com/2013/06/transi...o-launch-mode/

Bolded important parts

Transitioning Into Launch Mode
    June 21, 2013 - Dota Team

We are now approaching the two year anniversary of Dota 2’s limited release, and we feel like we’re ready to expand to include anyone who wants to give it a try. In the case of Dota 2, or other games with large backend systems that support them, this isn’t quite as simple as pressing the big red launch button, then sitting back and watching, because of the large infrastructure they rely upon.

As a result, we’re going to take a different approach to the launch of Dota 2 than we have with our previous titles. Our goals are to create little disruption for the existing Dota 2 audience, to bring new players into a system that will work reliably, and to not immediately melt down all of our datacenters. We aren’t sure how long this is going to take, but in our experience everything with Dota ends up involving a lot more people than we predict, so we’re going to ease our way into it.

The first step we’ll be taking is to release a larger set of training features, and retire the existing Dota 2 Invites. The combination of these two things makes now the best time to use any remaining Dota 2 Invites you have to bring your friends in that are unfamiliar with the game. After that, we’ll start allowing all users to join in.

We’ll be controlling the launch by granting large numbers of people access to the game in batches, so we can ensure our infrastructure is holding up. We’ll also be letting everyone know how we are dealing with the increased load, so we all have a shared understanding of how the launch is going.
    Last edited by Grable; 2013-07-16 at 10:32 AM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    I like how Valve is handling this, instead of letting everyone and there mother at the same time, that will crash most servers they are thinking on there fans instead, i cant really say allot of companies is doing that to day so instead of bashing that the new players is not coming in NOW, they are actuality helping there own fan base that are playing the game.

I'm surprised that no one comment on it ( some one may have and i have missed that ) For thats huge deal for me that they are thinking on there core Dota 2 gamers that been her sens beta.

And plus imagine now that they let everyone and there mother on the same time, we would have long qus, instable servers, lose the servers in mid game, servers going down and back up plus a huge mess.
    So now you have Imagen that imagined that at the same time we have Steam sales going on. We already have problems whit Steam server for Summer Sales so instead of the tech people working on 2 problems they are working on 1. Thats smart and good for everyone related to Dota 2 gaming.

This is a soft launch / gated launch. Valve wants control and see that there back end structures holds and its safe. so instead trowing money on it like a mad man would do. They take it it easy and spend whats need to be spend ed on the infrastructure plus buying extra servers is not cheep and a huge waste of money if they don't get used.

And waiting few days to get in is not the end of the world as you could have gotten in last 4 months so bloody easy.
    Last edited by mmocea0b4c5a98; 2013-07-16 at 11:43 AM.

Whiny kid. At this point, we dont care about you, Vavle obviously doesnt care. Why keep posting. All I saw was a wall of rant, didnt even bother skimming over it lol.

Btw, you gotta queue. I was here first, spent my actual money and my time beta testing the game the whole 2 years. In a sense you are 2nd rate immigrant, Valve needs to ensure our smooth experience first and foremost. Hope this lil explaination be clear enough to you. And no, i didnt actually read your rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, i think Valve made a great thing with dota 2 release. It's almost in same time as summer sale. I bought civ5 and haven't logged in anything since it. If they would release dota 2 in dull day without anything to back up this log in limitation they would be probably fucked
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt think they are poor, but what so far proves they are not?
    So far new players impression is:
    ¤ Game is launched, players locked out day after launch and cant play
    ¤ Company communicate nothing at all to their players, day after they launched their game that's supposed to be "big"
    ¤ Queue with max 50k players, also gives an impression of how much, or rather how little they can handle considering how many, many other companies handle millions of players with greater ease.

So please, show us what good impression a new player should be getting? If you at least try put yourself in their situations?
    Mine is: A poor company with no communication to their players that rush unfinished products for a launch they cant handle at all, if 50k players are too much... imagine if they were really big?
    1. How is that different than D3, WoW expansions, SWTOR, SimCity, etc., etc. The list goes on and on with day-1 debacles. At least DOTA2 is up and running smoothly for those who are on
    2. Valve never communicates much, and there's not much to communicate
    3. DOTA2 has had well over 100k people online at a time with no issues, they obviously have some reasoning behind the 50k limit for now

What do you think of Blizzard? Are they a poor company as well because Diablo 3 launch day was an utter failure?

It's fine that you don't think the launch is good, but your argument for that are very weak in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    Whiny kid. At this point, we dont care about you, Vavle obviously doesnt care. Why keep posting. All I saw was a wall of rant, didnt even bother skimming over it lol.

Btw, you gotta queue. I was here first, spent my actual money and my time beta testing the game the whole 2 years. In a sense you are 2nd rate immigrant, Valve needs to ensure our smooth experience first and foremost. Hope this lil explaination be clear enough to you. And no, i didnt actually read your rant.
    If you're not gonna read people's posts, why bother responding?

Also, sarcasm or not, beta testers should not be treated any differently than those just picking up the game. You spent money? Great, nothing is being lost anyhow so it'll all be there when you get on. You spent time? Cool, but if it hadn't been on DOTA2 it would have been on something else. Valve gave you the privilege of being in beta, enjoy it and don't expect anything from it.
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2013-07-16 at 03:15 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    3. DOTA2 has had well over 100k people online at a time with no issues, they obviously have some reasoning behind the 50k limit for now
    there's well over 3000k people online right now

i thought eurogamer did a well written review of dota 2: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-dota-2-review

written by the same dude who wrote the dota adventure thing for the same site

Deleted
    Well, I never had any problems with any Wow xpac launch. However, there was half a day delay on the ICC-patch I think... but half a day is not a week. However, blizzard didnt do much entire cata, and lack of updates and communication of updates made me read about other games and the stale xpac finally made me leave wow for good.

I just dont understand why launch a game when they simply arent ready?
    And to paying beta dude, I would probably spend the cost of a game on Dota 2 if it meant I could play instantly, or with half a day delay on launch day, no problem. But that option is not available to me. However, I think most people rather pay money to get to play a game instead of waiting a week after launch because the company cant handle 50k people.

I just dont understand why launch a game when they simply arent ready?
    They didn't. Not in the way you think they did, anyway. It feels like we've been through this. Are you related to PizzaSHARK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    They didn't. Not in the way you think they did, anyway. It feels like we've been through this. Are you related to PizzaSHARK?
    Well, whatever they are calling it, it's worse than open beta that people call soft launch... and since beta is over what they are calling a launch when they cant launch instead of keeping in a what you people seem to think was a pretty good beta.. I dont know, it's just strange and I dont understand what they are doing. Obviously they wont tell people wondering either, for some strange reason they dont want to communicate to their players.

I dont know if Im related to pizzaSHARK in some long strange line but not it's not a cousin of mine or so, but if he is experiencing the same problems I do at least we are in the same club as new players having a pretty wierd experience no other gaming company has given ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now with the steam summer sale one can safely assume that keeping that smoothly is Valve's top priority right now. Adding in tons of people into dota would probably just create problems with steam which affect a lot more people than those who'll have to be patient for a while.

Considering that I grant you that the timing of the launch is a bit weird. Though not the massive problem you make it out to be

Well, whatever they are calling it, it's worse than open beta that people call soft launch... and since beta is over what they are calling a launch when they cant launch instead of keeping in a what you people seem to think was a pretty good beta.. I dont know, it's just strange and I dont understand what they are doing. Obviously they wont tell people wondering either, for some strange reason they dont want to communicate to their players.

I dont know if Im related to pizzaSHARK in some long strange line but not it's not a cousin of mine or so, but if he is experiencing the same problems I do at least we are in the same club as new players having a pretty wierd experience no other gaming company has given ever.
    I'm pretty convinced now that you're just blatantly ranting and trolling in this thread. You simply ignored every explanation given to you on why Valve is doing this such way and how this is not a real launch, but rather a smooth transition into a final release. I seriously suggest you read my previous post (I'm pretty sure you haven't because you're AGAIN crying about things that were explained VERY WELL there) and stop this silly whining.
    Last edited by Grable; 2013-07-16 at 05:00 PM.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

My experience has been pretty smooth since launch. Had some long queues the first day but that was about it, otherwise seem to be getting games much faster now.
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

If you're not gonna read people's posts, why bother responding?

Also, sarcasm or not, beta testers should not be treated any differently than those just picking up the game. You spent money? Great, nothing is being lost anyhow so it'll all be there when you get on. You spent time? Cool, but if it hadn't been on DOTA2 it would have been on something else. Valve gave you the privilege of being in beta, enjoy it and don't expect anything from it.
    You might want to check if your meter still working sir. I usually read most of people's post in a thread before making my first post, but I specifically do not read Mr.Tea's anymore. His simply isnt worth the effort, and I sincerely hope his queue is extended indefinitely after so much annoyance he caused to people in here.

Joke aside, I do want Valve give us tester something more than a bloodstone :< But meh.

Deleted
    Why can't I find Quirts summer key in the store?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Probably not released yet. They usually release the chests and then wait for everybody to stock up on 'em before releasing the key!
    Damn them! *shakes fist*

So... played 2 games now, no clue if I am placed in the lowest bracket or if it was too late to play with decent players. 15/1/23 Zeus in the first game and 10/4/15 with Drow in the second one. 2-3 of the deaths on Drow could have been evaded if I wasnt so tired and greedy
    Last edited by mmocaf2cfee3ee; 2013-07-17 at 02:59 AM.

It'll take the system a while to appropriately place you in your correct skill bracket. Probably 10-15 games, real long time.

Deleted
    Im not trolling. Nothing that I'm experiencing is wrong, aight? And they give no information, and so far you seem to have received none after or "during" this so called launch.
    About what you quoted:

Dota ends up involving a lot more people than we predict, so we’re going to ease our way into it.
    They expected less than 50k first week?

The first step we’ll be taking is to release a larger set of training features, and retire the existing Dota 2 Invites.
    What do they mean by training features?