Page 40 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can someone explain to me, without using a slippery slope argument, why selling cosmetic helm stuff through the cash shop is a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    I also vote kick every person that is exploiting the game mechanics to top the meters. Be that sitting on boss while raid is dying cause of adds... Or standing in dmg and self healing.

If all ppl would just do that ... then it would ruin the game for everyone. While one or two are doing it.. its ok.. Maybe abit like with the store helmets. If BLizzard can just throw in some transmog set every 3 months... then there wont be much of a game long term wont it....

But as some ppl are claiming here... This is the industry.. where its all just about money... So why should I trust BLizzard not to do that and then send out another 4.1 patch now?

Answer... I dont.
    That's dumb. How will they ever know what they were kicked for? How about being nice and sending him a tell?

I put dots on megs other heads, to proc my abilities, so that I can do more single target DPS. Death knights stand in stuff with anti-magic shield on to gain runic power for more DPS. Hell, my brother blows stuff up to make the fight more enjoyable to heal for himself.

People who want to push their DPS to the max should be praised. Kicking those people are dumb, and makes your raid take much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Can someone explain to me, without using a slippery slope argument, why selling cosmetic helm stuff through the cash shop is a bad thing?
    It isn't a bad thing.

I doubt this happens.

Maybe with a group of douchebag friends who queued up together

I also vote kick every person that is exploiting the game mechanics to top the meters. Be that sitting on boss while raid is dying cause of adds... Or standing in dmg and self healing.

If all ppl would just do that ... then it would ruin the game for everyone. While one or two are doing it.. its ok.. Maybe abit like with the store helmets. If BLizzard can just throw in some transmog set every 3 months... then there wont be much of a game long term wont it....

But as some ppl are claiming here... This is the industry.. where its all just about money... So why should I trust BLizzard not to do that and then send out another 4.1 patch now?

Answer... I dont.
    But these are not comparable. The first example you gave is of someone actually failing to properly fulfill their role in LFR, and this does affect others directly, in the form of a shoddy LFR run. Transmog helms from the game store affect literally no one. Chances are that you wouldn't even notice that someone in your raid were wearing the helmet.

That is the most stupid thing I ever read on a WoW forum. Kicking people because they bought something cosmetic ? I mean really ? And people saying "it's the right thing to do". I just can't believe how pathetic it is.

Seriously... some people have issues.

Homophobia is so gay.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't a bad thing people people are just overacting It's not any different then a fucking a store mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    Okay, I will explain it in a different way so you can understand it...

"Why some of you don't understand that they don't do this because they are in red numbers?"
    That's...exactly what I just responded to. No business stops trying to make money just because they're not about to go bankrupt. Re-read my original response to you.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by shanthi View Post
    Um, no, quite the opposite. We're pointing out that it costs money to run a business, which you apparently were unaware of.
    Don't be ridiculous. You know damn well we're all aware it costs money to run a business. You are wanting us as consumers to sacrifice our own opinion of value and look at it from the seller's perspective and empathize with the business strategies taking place. Regardless of how questionable or vile they may be.

Blizzard isn't noble, almost no company is. They have a profit incentive. But no one has made a good case that they're doing something unethical so, absent that, I don't have a problem with it.
    No one has to make a case that Blizz is doing something unethical because they already have by placing these helms at $15 a pop in the cash shop. Simply using basic comparison of other products shows this is HORRIBLY priced: 15 a month for access to the entire game, 10 for a pet with animations and PokeWow combat abilities, 25 for a mount, 40 for an entire xpac, 4 dollars for an entire set of armor in GW2. And then this: a cosmetic hat for 15.

Doesn't take a business analyst to see this is bad business. Unless it works. And pray it doesn't or expect to see all kinds of overpriced perks in the cash shop. That's why we're all raising a fuss over this and encouraging those who have bought one or more helms to STOP immediately because their actions could impact the whole player base.

You have admitted Blizzard isn't noble and has a profit incentive. So all bets are off as to what they will put in the cash shop if they know people will pay for it. Lesser charms, elder charms, xp boosts, rep boosts, lottery boxes. All on top of the monthly sub if they can get away with it. It's in everyone's best interest to shun this business behavior immediately. Simply saying meh and doing nothing is the worst thing you could do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, no fair removing the slippery slope fallacy. If we can't argue what Blizzard might one day do, we can't use fantasy as part of our argument.

Considering this thread is all about fantasies, the entire thread will collapse.

If this shit is actually happening, it's beyond asinine and anyone who does it should really feel ashamed of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I can, read my post here. Some of it has a slippery slope tone to it sure, but not all of it. They are making quick cash, which means they don't need to improve the quality of the game, but rather add items that take little time to make, and gain the same profit.

Hey, no fair removing the slippery slope fallacy. If we can't argue what Blizzard might one day do, we can't use fantasy as part of our argument.

Considering this thread is all about fantasies, the entire thread will collapse.
    I'm really tired of people countering slippery slope arguments by insisting all slippery slopes are fallacy. Read my post I linked and it shows an actual slippery slope.
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2013-07-20 at 02:24 AM.

Not really sure what the big deal is, if you dont like the helms or dont want to pay the price for them simply dont buy them. Anything else is rather pathetic and childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. You know damn well we're all aware it costs money to run a business. You are wanting us as consumers to sacrifice our own opinion of value and look at it from the seller's perspective and empathize with the business strategies taking place. Regardless of how questionable or vile they may be.
    No, I am wanting you to understand a pretty simple logical progression:

1. Making things costs money
    2. Blizzard has to pay that money
    3. Blizzard also wants to make a profit
    4. Therefore, things Blizzard makes will cost you, the consumer, money

Where in that is the call for empathy? Again, no one is suggesting that you feel sorry for Blizzard. Just that you acknowledge basic economic realities. Which is pretty much as far from emotion as it gets.

No one has to make a case that Blizz is doing something unethical because they already have by placing these helms at $15 a pop in the cash shop. Simply using basic comparison of other products shows this is HORRIBLY priced:
    So, "I disagree with the pricing structure" = "unethical business practices"

This thread gets better and better. Honestly. I'm loving it.

While I'm not a huge fan of the cosmetic items in store system, (especially since it's an obvious cash grab...Blizzard isn't sending the money to charity or using it to improve the game or offset expenses and pass savings on to us) I can't imagine a situation where I would vote to kick someone wearing one. Sure, if I saw someone using the warlock one I'd probably make fun of them because the thing just looks stupid, but who am I to tell them how to spend their money? It's incredibly petty and juvenile to kick someone for buying a store item. Come on people, there are a plethora of great reasons to votekick idiots in LFR, but do it for something legitimate like people pulling 15k dps in ToT, queuing as heals and then dps'ing, or coming in as a tank, not knowing the fights, and not bothering to gem and enchant the gear you do have first. Turning this into some kind of holy war and saying "it's nothing personal, I'm kicking you to teach Blizzard a lesson" is just moronic. Blizzard isn't going to change their marketing tactics because you abuse votekicking to bully someone who spent $15 on an ugly helm s/he likes, it just makes you look like a tool.

I dont see what the big deal is. So blizzard released some transmog items of the store, not really a big surprise, I expected this to happen way before now. Its pretty crappy for people to kick another player for having one. Yes, its a business that will make money any possible way they can, the trick is doing so while still having a good image/customer relations.

Edit: lol at the unethical argument, welcome to the real world.

42 pages already, THE ULTIMATE TOPIC?, blizzstore cash cow $$$ QQ, with the biggest running debate ever seen in WoW, LFR.....could this topic be set to overtake the pony crap?

Why? Should subscriber not have the right to play with ppl that do not pay extra for ingame items ? If they choose so .. whats wrong with that ?
    That's incredibly petty.

Deleted
    haha that's awesome. justice served

I'd like to see someone try and kick me from LFR for using it. I will just be a even bigger douche and make their life hell.

Well... I dont look at it as a personal attack on a person that is kicked from LFR or LFG. I think everyone knows that its done because of the business practice of the company that sold them.
    No, everyone doesn't know this. Just because you and a handful of bullies have something in your head, a grudge against Blizzard, doesn't mean "everyone knows." Christ almighty.

If you want to speak out against Blizzard's business practices, then haul your butt out to Irvine California and park on their front lawn, shout obscenities, and raise a ruckus. Don't take it out on some average Joe who saw a helmet in the store, said "that looks pretty cool" and spent his own damn money on the thing. You selfish, narrow-minded little... AGH.

I swear, it isn't the "business practice" of Blizzard that makes me lose faith in humanity, it's people like you.