Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I wont be getting mine for a while because I can't be bothered to do the pvp part of the quest
    this is why i wont be getting one, i just cba to pvp for a pve item
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huoyue View Post
    I really don't get all the negativity surrounding the legendary. While I -do- think it should have required like, some really difficult solo scenario, at least on par with green fire. I also don't see how the other legends were all that big a deal. All you needed was a guild doing normal clears who would let you be the one getting the RNG drops. How is that any more special than spending far far far more time grinding multiple raids? You know how many people I saw who were pretty much bumming off their guildies for their legend? How many people who were just doing a noticeably crappy job yet still got the legend because they were the only Rogue, or the only caster who could use it, or the only plate wearer in their group? A freaking lot.
    It still required a guild to do a half decent job during the raid tier AND I'm willing to say 90% of the players who did get the legendaries in progression guilds did deserve it.

Why would a true progression guild hinder themselves giving something great to a sub-par player?

No matter how you turn it. The older legendaries were rarer because they were harder to get.
    Finding a guild + raiding normal modes => More effort than running LFR. This is a FACT.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-09-17 at 01:06 PM.

Because a "Lottery Legendary" is so much more prestigious. Getting an OP item entirely through RNG proves you are a better player...FACT!

I don't know why anyone complains about the legendary cloak reward. I'm totally satisfied with how they managed it this expansion and enjoyed how the RP focused us on the legend part of LEGENDary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    This will probably sound mean but you never had to 'work your ass off' for the cloak. Maybe if you had to sit for a boss or if your guild wasn't able to outclear normals (compared to LFR speed) you had to do 1 or 2 LFR runs.

Other than that is was about RNG and there isn't much to be proud of in that department (imo).

They made the decision to give people a gear catch-up a long time ago so it was logical they employed it for the cloak too. I for one am happy that I don't have to run recruits through old content anymore (like I did in BC).
    i raid 10man with a bigger roster than 10 so indeed i had to run lfr for every boss i sat out, i had to cap valors for 6 weeks even they were of no use at the time, i had to make a grp for twinbraid on a dead server with no one else yet on that part (now its soloable) , maby "working my ass off" is not the right way to say it but it still required a hell of a lot more work than it does now when im finishing it with 4th alt. Also didnt u just say u are not taking anyone without the cloak so why would u have to run any old content if it wasnt nerfed?
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-09-17 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Trite excuse for an argument. You could apply that to ANYTHING to justify an insult.

Get called an asshole? You're only insulted because you know its true.

Mother gets made fun of? You're only insulted because you know its true.

What a joke. Its an attainable Legendary, if you're willing to put in the time to progress to it. No legendary ever required 'skill' to get - only time and grinding and luck.

Look, it doesn't bother me at all since I'm not even playing wow at the moment. Just telling u how it is, and that psychology the only reason it's grinding people's gears to hear welfare legendary is because deep in the back of their mind they know it too. It's why it bothers them so bad. If u were really proud of it, u would just roll your eyes and chuckle at the term welfare legendary. Deep down inside, everyone knows its a welfare legendary. You can't even compare killing illidan or sunwell to lfr, the skill level and time commitment were that harder that it can't be compared.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    That is a load of shite. Killing Illidan/Kil Jaeden, Yogg Saron (hardmode), Putricide/Sindrogosa/Blood queen (with major handicaps) is not comparable to grinding free loot LFR mode.

Killing hard bosses isn't hard or doesn't take skill yo, LFR Legendary is no different from old legendaries

Nps boys.

You're right to a heroic raider this was just business as usual, which is why we didn't see thousands of legendaries per server, on my server it was usually only a handful, 2-3 per top end guild. But the fact is that even many of the normal mode guilds did not manage to farm the Legendary.

But you can't compare that to LFR where it is balanced around anyone and everyone regardless of skill being able to clear it. You can't compare bosses that took skill and time and dedication to defeat with LFR. Those old legendaries required difficult boss guilds that yes were just everyday for high end guilds, but that is the point.

Legendaries really should be for high end guilds, they are legendary and when you say "everyone gets legendaries" it completely takes away the point. It's like saying to every person receiving government welfare money that they can have a fucking Ferrari.
    Personally I would rather not restrict it, why? the quest line involved was fucking brilliant and is the reason ive been doing it. I do think they perhaps should have changed the end item to have 3 versions for each raid type, Heroic would require a Heroic Lei shen kill Normal would require the same + LFR would require lei shen dead in LFR. I think that personally would have been a better deal.

You also over estimate the will of the average LFR runner a lot of people won't ever get to do this quest (5.4 bit) the effort involved will be too much for them. We have to remember that we can't purely cater for the heroic guilds as the cost of developing this quest line alone would be too much to justify only giving to heroic raiders sorry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Because a "Lottery Legendary" is so much more prestigious. Getting an OP item entirely through RNG proves you are a better player...FACT!

I don't know why anyone complains about the legendary cloak reward. I'm totally satisfied with how they managed it this expansion and enjoyed how the RP focused us on the legend part of LEGENDary.
    Since when are LFR raiders LEGENDary? You and a load of other trash here are completely missing the point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    i raid 10man with a bigger roster than 10 so indeed i had to run lfr for every boss i sat out, i had to cap valors for 6 weeks even they were of no use at the time, i had to make a grp for twinbraid on a dead server with no one else yet on that part (now its soloable) , maby "working my ass off" is not the right way to say it but it still required a hell of a lot more work than it does now when im finishing it with 4th alt
    All of what you say is true but you also had the cloak a few weeks earlier to help your guild progress. Blizzards design choice is to 'nerf over time'. They do so for everything and the cloak shouldn't be an exception (imo) since it requires so much RNG.

Also (as I'm not sure if you are aware of this) there are websites for cross realm groups to help with stuff like twinbraid.

I liked the staff scheme for Firelands. Granted it was kinda shitty that only a limited number of people got one, it measured progress and had a different prestige to it. Although people were completing it pretty later, it was never really called walfare. I got a staff and since my guild never managed to kill Ragnaros HC, I remember it being quite a struggle (mainly because more heroics = more embers).

If they could come up with a scheme where everyone can progress on the legendary but on different pace depending on progress, then I"d be happier. But then again, it would suck balls for those that only did LFR. At least Blizzard could have made rewards available depending on difficulty. For example, the LFR chain could stop at epic, and normal/heroic could award the legendary via a quest item off Lei Shen or Garrosh.

I wouldn't really call it walfare due to several reasons. First of all, sticking to it although RNG is the anti-christ. Gathering all the required VP (well OK that's kinda a given if you cap it each week). Killing the Alliance Hero guy, the PVP and finally reaching exalted. All these take time and for a casual player, dedicating that time to do these steps is quite an achievement.

IMO and that coming from a semi-hardcore raider, there's nothing welfare about it. From the moment where everyone has access to it, I see it just as a perk to help your guild's progression or your own epeen.

Look guys, I know the Legendary quest line might be the HARDEST thing casual players and baddies (notice I'm not using them synonymously) because it requires you to actually care a little about something in game and be dedicated to it but it's still far easier than to do a real raid even if drops were RNG back then.

Even the Cata Legendaries were considered Legendary because you still had to raid normals despite the frequency of playeres obtaining them.

I honestly don't think there is any worth is talking to the people who will always see the legend cloak as lesser than others. Normal raid clears havent been difficult since TBC, once we started getting heroic raids, normal mode became a "Everyone gets it" thing for any group able to find enough half competent people willing to do a clear every week.

I'm sure we all know our own fair share of crappy normal mode players: those people who have only done normal, cant do any of heroic, and go around acting like they're better than others because they feel they need that special boost, even though what they've accomplished is hardly an accomplishment at all.

Hell, my own server STILL doesn't have a Heroic Lei Shen kill. But it does have normal Garrosh already. It had normal Lei Shen second week of content release.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2013-09-17 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I hate this attitude. It's the same attitude that prohibits the transmogging of legendaries. "IF YOU DO THAT, EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEM, BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES X!"

First off:

1) Not everyone hits 90. Millions don't.
    2) Not everyone owns MoP. Millions don't.
    3) Not everyone raids in -any- capacity. Millions don't.
    4) Not everyone plays consecutively and tries to get these things. MILLIONS DON'T.

Most people won't have legendaries of any sort. Probably not even the first one, the gem. You're just tunnel visioning and only seeing the people you play with/or around. Most people don't do the stuff you like to do. Most people don't even log in frequently :x
    Millions don't? Statistics, please. Link them. (pun intended)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evoker View Post
    -snip-
    If they could come up with a scheme where everyone can progress on the legendary but on different pace depending on progress, then I"d be happier. But then again, it would suck balls for those that only did LFR. At least Blizzard could have made rewards available depending on difficulty. For example, the LFR chain could stop at epic, and normal/heroic could award the legendary via a quest item off Lei Shen or Garrosh.
    -snip-
    Agreed 100%. If there were different stages of upgradeable legendary cloaks:

- Nobody would call it 'welfare'.
    - Exclusive LFR raiders would still have a great item + see the full quest chain.
    - The highest iteration (requireing heroic Lei Shen / Garrosh) would still be 'rare'.

Win - Win - Win in my book.

The special snowflakes don't feel so special since you can obtain it via lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post

The RNG legendaries gave a huge sense of 'oh shit, I finally got it WOW!!!111111' most of the time after waiting for months and months on it to drop. To give an example, I waited a full 50 weeks between 2 warglaives, it was hell. But in vanilla I was the first alliance on my server with a Thunderfury. That required luck and clearing MC. But because of the low low dropchance you felt like a legend. I was the only one with a Thunderfury for weeks, maybe months even. Now people probably didn't even raise an eyebrow when they got their cloak.

If Blizzard wants the hardcore raiding community to stay, they should make legendaries require a drop from the hardmode of a last boss. Now that would make it legendary, only the most skilled raiders will be able to weild that awesome legendary weapon.

But if you look at the direction of Wow, it's more likely you will just get it in the mail when you log in.

If flex had been in game from MoP launch I don't think they would have allowed you to do the quest in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I don't really consider it a legendary if every joe schmoe that runs LFR has one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nye the Spy View Post
    I refuse to attempt any bg's (people aren't smart in pvp) to have a chance at finishing it. I'd rather just use a SoO cloak drop.

Can't fail when you don't try
    Lots of folks aren't smart in raids, you probably shouldn't try those either.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    The RNG legendaries gave a huge sense of 'oh shit, I finally got it WOW!!!111111' most of the time after waiting for months and months on it to drop. To give an example, I waited a full 50 weeks between 2 warglaives, it was hell. But in vanilla I was the first alliance on my server with a Thunderfury. That required luck and clearing MC. But because of the low low dropchance you felt like a legend. I was the only one with a Thunderfury for weeks, maybe months even. Now people probably didn't even raise an eyebrow when they got their cloak.

If Blizzard wants the hardcore raiding community to stay, they should make legendaries require a drop from the hardmode of a last boss. Now that would make it legendary, only the most skilled raiders will be able to weild that awesome legendary weapon.

But if you look at the direction of Wow, it's more likely you will just get it in the mail when you log in.
    The problem with this is my guild cleared MC for fucking months like half a year and some new guild killed rag for the 1st time and an eye + both bindings dropped. We had 0 drops for 6 months I shit you not. I felt enraged it was fucking annoying having this RNG shit.

Hardcore raiders should be glad they get Heroic raids still and extra bosses/phases! (I used to be one my self) the amount of time/money spend making this content it makes more sense for more people to be able to get access to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Ragnaros.. hard.. my god. xD

But eh, back to the subject at hand. Old legendaries were an addition. You didn't kill Illidan to get the legendary. You got the legendary because you killed Illidan and you were lucky.

That isn't legendary. At least, it isn't to me.
    It was hard when your tanks ran around with any blue tank items they could scrounge up in Vanilla.