Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hold the press, we have concrete evidence

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Seriously?
    Yes seriously you propably never played TBC or Vanilla. And i never told you that this is evidence. It is only example so pls try sometimes use your litle brain and read befor you write something.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-29 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Yes seriously you propably never played TBC or Vanilla. And i never told you that this is evidence. It is only example so pls try sometimes use your litle brain and read befor you write something.
    Honestly though if they brought back a 1.12 and a 2.3 if memory serves me right id resub just to play old school. I dont enjoy the current inclination of wow but i play on private servers to get what i want. I would only resub if they brought back Old School servers. And its a blizz like no free gear server btw

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There hasn't been any mystery about raid end bosses in years. It didn't start with LFR. If anything it started with Zam, WowHead and especially now YouTube, Icy Veins and other similar sites.

If you want mystery, find a guild that will stay out of LFR, not use the Dungeon Journal and especially not look up strats which are now usually available long before the raid patch even launches.
    Wise words. If only restraint were more common.

Deleted
    I played since 2006... Only 1 or 2 guilds on my server competitive raided

I find it fascinating how people think they can pin-point the loss of subscribers on Flying Mounts.

Do you not recall that since The Burning Crusade, when flying mounts were introduced, Subscribers actually grew, peaking at ~12 Million. Could we not conclude with this flawed logic of yours that actually it was Flying Mounts that improved subscriptions, and blame another totally irrelevant part of the game for the loss, such as ... Goblins?

As soon as Goblins became a playable race, the subscriptions started to fall. Clearly, if we remove Goblins, then we'll see ~5 Million new subscribers within 2 months!

Why remove LFR??? Don't like it...Simple solution, don't queue up for it. Afraid the non-elite LFR raiders will see something they "shouldn't" or that they are not leet enough to see??? Get over it. Besides, there are heroic bosses LFR raiders will never see (feel better?).

If LFR wasn't implemented I probably would have quit a long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    Wise words. If only restraint were more common.
    Yes, because NOBODY ever watched Youtube or read tactics! No it was always GO READ TACTICS NOOB

Deleted
    How will the flying mount do wonders when they were implented YEARS before subs peaked?

Most people I knew, who resub because of feature X sounds like the good old days, last about a month, before they leave again. Nostialgia and such.
    But I dont know the millions of people you know, so who am I to have an opinion on this^^
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by canyonvr View Post
    Why remove LFR??? Don't like it...Simple solution, don't queue up for it. Afraid the non-elite LFR raiders will see something they "shouldn't" or that they are not leet enough to see??? Get over it. Besides, there are heroic bosses LFR raiders will never see (feel better?).

If LFR wasn't implemented I probably would have quit a long time ago.
    There was only one exclusve boss for hc raiders and he wasnt even challenging. I srop hc rading and unsubed game becosu of LFR. I just dont beliave that LFR, flex players deserver see content like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a heroic raider and if I do not work hard with my guild we won't get to see Heroic Garrosh... but am I entitled to that? No of course not bc raiding is something you do with your ORGANIZED team to try and take down a boss. It should take work and effort to be able to see and defeat the last boss of an instance. Gear is the same just colored different, Achievement means nothing, maybe a mount if your lucky.. The point is it does not feel like an accomplishment anymore. Our motivation is to be Top 20 US 10m but nobody cares about that but us and maybe the random guy on the server saying how geared I am..

If the content/gear/experience was earned rather than handed to I feel like the game feel epic again rather than kinda dull bc an LFR hero saw the same thing and has similar gear. I don't PvP but everything in PvP that is presitgious you have to go out there an earn with an Arena team or RBG and doesn't just get handed to it. Its silly to cater to people. I understand people have lives and can't see the content bc of that but thats just life and you should have to earn it to experience it. If you want to see the Garrosh fight.. Go out and earn it. Can you really tell me a LFR Hero jumped up and down fist pumping when Garrosh died on LFR bc that was an actuall accomplishment? No they teleported out of the instance after looking at the cinematic and it was done. Took no time at all and no effort.

Here are my two solutions for this:
    -Remove LFR completely
    -Don't allow LFR of that Tier until AFTER the next tier comes out. If your casual what does it matter when you get to see it without any effort anyway. And let LFR then be a slight gap for alts or something to try and get into the new tiers flex.

Deleted
    People seem to believe TBC was more popular despite the fact the subs hit 12 million by end of WotLK

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware LFR offers no achievements, mounts and inferior armour to normal/heroic right?

Replace LRF with an automated Looking for Members tool, keep flying mounts so you can travel to the raids with them ---> Millions Resubscribe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    People seem to believe TBC was more popular despite the fact the subs hit 12 million by end of WotLK

- - - Updated - - -

You are aware LFR offers no achievements, mounts and inferior armour to normal/heroic right?
    LOOOOOOOOOOL

LFR offers achievements for boss kills, and gear who care about gear rofl. You can even comeplete ,,legedary,, item by rading LFR like wtf is this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So riddle me this: How do you propose to do this for an expansion's final tier? Wait until the first tier of a new expansion? So people are killing the final boss of the previous expansion up to a year after it's been released, while they have leveling and such to do? How about no...
    How about find guild and try end game? If youa re lazy and you dont want to improve yourself you dont deserver see end game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't get me back. The addition of convenience features isn't what drove me away from the game, it was stuff like CRZ and dailies.

There was only one exclusve boss for hc raiders and he wasnt even challenging. I srop hc rading and unsubed game becosu of LFR. I just dont beliave that LFR, flex players deserver see content like this.
    And yet you still like to troll WoW related forums.... Probably voted for Obama too but don't think the "rich" deserve the money they make.

- - - Updated - - -

LOOOOOOOOOOL

LFR offers achievements for boss kills, and gear who care about gear rofl. You can even comeplete ,,legedary,, item by rading LFR like wtf is this.

- - - Updated - - -

How about find guild and try end game? If youa re lazy and you dont want to improve yourself you dont deserver see end game.
    And how about those of us with jobs and families that can not commit to a hardcore raiding schedule?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So riddle me this: How do you propose to do this for an expansion's final tier? Wait until the first tier of a new expansion? So people are killing the final boss of the previous expansion up to a year after it's been released, while they have leveling and such to do? How about no...
    No it would be even better to not allow it at all. Or wait until you cannot gain the achievement for finishing the content before the nerf or next patch. There is usually a filler patch between expansion so just throw it in there for all I care. Not trying to sound like an ass so forgive me if I am coming off that way. I work hard for where I am and I just don't agree with LFR being setup how it is let alone being availble when it is in content.

Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    i agree about lfr it has killed the game no more mystery about end bosses but flying mounts...really people are still beating that dead horse... taking away flying mounts will not bring back world pvp like you guys want it... world pvp died for a reason....it sucked bgs and arenas are much better stop crying about it.
    LFR isn't bad for the game because it makes bosses lose their mystery. LFR is bad for the game because it doles out rewards for little to no effort, and allows players to dodge any responsibility for being lazy and under-performing in a large group setting. For example, trying to die to the first lethal source of damage so you can AFK for the rest of the encounter and still have a chance for loot at the end is not a viable raid strategy, but in LFR it is.

I agree with what you said about mounts, but I'll just add to it in saying that flying mounts were introduced in The Burning Crusade, the expansion prior to Wrath of the Lich King -which was when WoW reached it's peak number of subscribers. Therefore, it would stand to reason that those who have quit since that peak didn't quit because flying mounts were introduced, and wouldn't be any closer to resubscribing if you took them out.
    Last edited by deathonabun; 2013-10-28 at 10:00 PM.

You don't have to do LFR if you don't want to. And about removing Flying Mounts, no that would cause a huge sub loss. I've only managed to level three 90s in MoP, because there is no flying until 90, so it pretty much sucks. Once, I can understand, but having to use ground mounts over and over while leveling in MoP is just stupid. If I get a character to 90, I should be able to unlock flying at 85 for MoP.

Can you imagine having to do Outland, Wrath, Cata., and MoP, all in a row without a 280%+ flyer? That would freaking suck.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-10-28 at 09:57 PM.

Whelp if you need that then I really could care less about you. Please stay gone.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana