Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    I started a new toon at the end of November from scratch. Levelled to 90, started on Legendary quest and should finish it this week. I compete just fine without having the legendary. Sure it's a hurdle, that's what drives me to complete it in the first place. Do I have to work hard when I dps, absolutely. I know that if I had the cloak I could kick back a bit and still put out solid numbers but the cloak won't stop you from standing in the fire or dying to stupidity.

Suck it up buttercup. If it wasn't the cloak you'd be bitching about your main hand weapon or your shitty trinkets or the fact that your AoE sucks or that your healers are bad or that the tank isn't doing his job or that your cat is on fire.
    would u level a char now? this post is mainly cause of this specific item making me not wanna level an alt, and im not the only one and thats just bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantye View Post
    This post completely makes 0 sense in regard to the post, you are saying he is crying about not having the legendary for his main, he certainly is not and neither are most of the people here, they are talking about the fact that it takes forever to get it on an alt after having already done the incredibly tedious grind on their main and that without it they aren't able to go anywhere worth a damn. You say you keep up with people that have it, the only way this is possible is if you are referring to shitty players or you managed to do a couple normals and get normal mode gear and are comparing yourself to LFR heroes that have it with lfr gear.
    Or I'm implying that I don't let a single piece of gear carry me. I am talking about normal modes. If you're just gearing your alt, you're not going to be jumping into heroic modes. If you have a guild that running heroics, they could carry your sad ass to the rest of the gear you need any way. People in this thread are talking about not being able to get into pugs and being turned away because they don't have a legendary. I'm saying if you let the cloak hold you back from performing well then perhaps you should spend more time learning how to play your class well.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

10+ Year Old Account
    Or I'm implying that I don't let a single piece of gear carry me. I am talking about normal modes. If you're just gearing your alt, you're not going to be jumping into heroic modes. If you have a guild that running heroics, they could carry your sad ass to the rest of the gear you need any way. People in this thread are talking about not being able to get into pugs and being turned away because they don't have a legendary. I'm saying if you let the cloak hold you back from performing well then perhaps you should spend more time learning how to play your class well.
    Ever go to a job interview? Ever sit next to a guy from harvard, with your local university degree? Yeah you might be smarter, and do better work. But the recruiter sees the word Harvard
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eadan4111 View Post
    would u level a char now? this post is mainly cause of this specific item making me not wanna level an alt, and im not the only one and thats just bad
    Sure I would level a character now. If I had a need for one or my guild wanted me to start another one. You make it seem like the game is unplayable and that's just not the case. Does this mean you won't be top dps immediately upon hitting 90? Sure does. Does it mean there is no point in trying? I guess if you give up a the first sign of difficulty then sure. If that's the case though, I don't think Heroic Progression is your bag.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

"A single piece of gear" that is a 60k dps increase doesn't exactly count in your horrendous response. I am 11/14 heroic I'm very capable of knowing how to play my classes and no I don't just want to 'gear' my alt I can throw all the heroic gear in the world at him but the fact remains that cloak is a 60k single target dps increase. No matter how well I learn to play my class a person with similar gear and the cloak will out perform me. Obviously you don't raid anything worth mentioning otherwise you'd know how important this cape is especially on SoO where most fights have multiple targets which for some classes (hunters and rogues) the cape can be 100-130k dps increase. Maybe you should learn how the items in this game function and stop comparing your guild which obviously has horrendous players in it if you are keeping up and they have the cloak, to people that actually want to compete with their toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosstafa View Post
    There's no other way to do it really. If they made it any quicker, it wouldn't be a legendary quest. If they just gave it to your alts after getting the first one, then it would cheapen it.
    I am sorry but it's already been "cheapened". When I used to play people with legendaries were few and far in between. Now days, almost everyone has one, its even mandatory for Flex runs. I have recently started playing again and there is a problem with this sort of thing. The gap between the haves and have nots is growing. People don't do old raids so I have to find a way of jumping the gap between heroics and the latest content. When I eventually get there I will be socially gated through a "cloak". I have heard all of the stories, want things for free, etc. I don't want anything for free but it does no good to gate late comers (and alts for that matter) from the latest content by forcing them to jump through hoops. Before anyone says, its easy. Start a new account, level to 90 and then try and get raiding without any help from your other characters (gold, rep boosts, etc). Right now I am dutifully running HC's so I can get enough justice points to buy gear to queue for the start LFR. I am just hoping that once I get to it there will be enough players doing that so I don't just queue forever.

None of the legendary benefits that people who got them ages back are any use now days. Having a legendary that relies on previous content is dumb. All of the people on these forums who continiously slag anyone that asks for a QoL improvement will eventually get what they want. Those people will just leave the game and WOW will be worse off for it because less subscribers means less money and less money means less content.

I don't want anything for free. I am happy to work for things, unfortunately, a lot of players in this game have a habit of limiting what players can do. It permeates right the way through from the responses to people who ask for help or QoL changes through to pugs. So much so that the standard response to someone who asks for a way to get into a pug gets slammed and told to start their own pug. Do you really think that someone who has never done a flex run before will be able to lead one? I don't care how competent they are, they probably won't even clear the trash. They don't want people to "carry" them. They want help to pull themselves up to the level of the other players.

Fortunately I am in a raiding guild and they will probably show me the ropes (I only dinged 90 2 days ago). For a lot of others, they will simply stop playing, just as 6+ million have done so far.

Update: Here is a suggestion. Why don't you "experienced" players take a token new player on your flex runs every time. Make a couple of conditions. They must be properly geared, enchanted and gemmed. They must also have read up on the fights before hand. You may just expand your future at the same time.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2014-01-28 at 03:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    its even mandatory for Flex runs.
    Comments like this are just hilarious.

Yes, I'm sure if you look hard you can find a Flex PuG run where people are asking for people with super gear including cloaks.

But in reality, those PuG runs either never take place, or are filled with players who don't meet the idiotically high requirements.

You are not competetive w/o the cloak. People want to be competetive, even with alts. Its as easy as that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    how long did it take for people to make their staffs and daggers back in cata? just as long if i remember right?
    The difference is that back then only a few people got them, so the bosses weren't balanced with the legendaries in mind.

The legendary cape is in mind when they balanced SoO, so if people don't have it, then it'll get very rough on some bosses.

you could just not do the legendary cloak quest on your alts.

i know i dont. i dont even worry about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't mind the LFR farming nor the VP farming, it's the rep farming that annoys me even tho i can get it done in a few hours if i group up.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Thisthisthis.
    I feel a little more sympathy for people who are new or have been away and have started up with 5.4, than I do for people who already have a cape and who've decided they want more capes.

But it's not as if you can't play the game at a high level without a legendary cape. You just can't play it with people who won't take you if you don't have one.

And at this point any sort of hurried progression is long past so if you need 10 weeks to get yourself a cape, it's not like anything will have changed much while you do that.

Yeah a nightmare where you're to watch grass grow for the next 1,000 years, because that's about how much fun I had with the legendary cloak chain. Black Prince may as well have said, "Yeah, yeah... that's nice. Come back to me in three weeks."

The entire thing just felt cheap. It was a complete and utter bore lacking even a smidgen of challenge, unless enduring tedium can be considered a challenge.

Really hope they do away with the legendary quest line nonsense in WoD. I have had 4 friends not come back to raiding this tier simply because they had to farm the cloak and knew they couldn't raid for 2 months, that just sounds bad for business to me. This damn quest line also fucks anyone trying to main switch/play an alt seriously because now you have to raid on your main, cap his valor etc AND do every single wing of ToT LFR and first 8 in SOO on the alt. Best part of it is I couldn't care less about my cloak it's just another epic to me that I have to have and certainly not legendary or exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Thisthisthis.
    I believe Blizzard's stance on this would be: they feel bad for you but unfortunately can't design around every single niche. The returning veteran raider who can get into top end raiding guilds through reputation is legitimately hurt by this. I just don't know if in WoD they can design around that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Petriweir View Post
    unless enduring tedium can be considered a challenge.
    Why is it that "real players" think so fondly of attunements?

The cape is an attunement that takes around 10 weeks. Welcome to BC and have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Why is it that "real players" think so fondly of attunements?

The cape is an attunement that takes around 10 weeks. Welcome to BC and have a nice day.
    Except in BC you simply ran your friend through raid or dungeon X ONCE and they were good to go. Now you get to grind some stupid quest for 2+ months.

I have 2 cloaks and working on several more. It's really a non issue. People claim to love and miss vanilla and BC but they piss and moan when there's a long grind in the current game. If people can't handle getting a cloak on an alt then they should go play solitaire. If people complain about just coming back to the game, then sorry, you should have come back earlier. If you're trying to get into a good guild and don't have a cloak, sorry, try again in WoD. I hope WoD has many similar quest chains for great rewards. Maybe all of the instant gratification idiots will go do something else.

The only thing wrong with the cloak quest is that they lowered the test of valor from 6k to 3k, otherwise its a great chain.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    Really hope they do away with the legendary quest line nonsense in WoD. I have had 4 friends not come back to raiding this tier simply because they had to farm the cloak and knew they couldn't raid for 2 months, that just sounds bad for business to me. This damn quest line also fucks anyone trying to main switch/play an alt seriously because now you have to raid on your main, cap his valor etc AND do every single wing of ToT LFR and first 8 in SOO on the alt. Best part of it is I couldn't care less about my cloak it's just another epic to me that I have to have and certainly not legendary or exciting.
    You could have done the cape on alts at the same time you were doing it on your main.

Why would you think it would be better to wait, if you were planning on raiding on other characters, and you "had to" have the cape to do that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I have 2 cloaks and working on several more. It's really a non issue. People claim to love and miss vanilla and BC but they piss and moan when there's a long grind in the current game. If people can't handle getting a cloak on an alt then they should go play solitaire. If people complain about just coming back to the game, then sorry, you should have come back earlier. If you're trying to get into a good guild and don't have a cloak, sorry, try again in WoD. I hope WoD has many similar quest chains for great rewards. Maybe all of the instant gratification idiots will go do something else.

The only thing wrong with the cloak quest is that they lowered the test of valor from 6k to 3k, otherwise its a great chain.
    Bwahahaha no thank you 6k was over the top, and would be ridiculous now when there is really no reason for an alt to cap valor while gearing because there is nothing to buy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post

Why don't you start actually killing some heroics before you tell people wanting to get back into heroic raiding they are SOL. The cloak isn't a long grind, it's a small quest chain that is artificially extended by only dropping small amounts of the required quest items weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You could have done the cape on alts at the same time you were doing it on your main.

Why would you think it would be better to wait, if you were planning on raiding on other characters, and you "had to" have the cape to do that?
    I wasn't planning on raiding on any other toons till now that I'm done with the tier, in fact I was one of the people who came back at the beginning of this tier and needed to waste my time for 2 months on the questline. But to touch on your point about doing it at the same time that is still a ton of time I'm expected to put in just to play alts (2-3 runs of every raid a week) because of the pointless questline.
    Last edited by ChristopherHansen; 2014-01-28 at 02:07 PM.