Poll: Which aspect do you hate most?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    There is exactly one blue exclamation point on Timeless Isle.
    Really? Well that's encouraging. I guess I'll give it a whirl, but all the rest of these problems it supposedly has make it sound rather unappealing.

But, like I said, I haven't done it yet, so live and learn. I'll get around to it at some point, I'm sure, hell I have until Christmas.

It's mindlessly grindy, which is boring and unfun. As such, it's actually better for me to wait an expansion or two and gather the rewards when I can one-shot everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Really? Well that's encouraging. I guess I'll give it a whirl, but all the rest of these problems it supposedly has make it sound rather unappealing.

But, like I said, I haven't done it yet, so live and learn. I'll get around to it at some point, I'm sure, hell I have until Christmas.
    It's grindy (or can be), but it's not a series of daily quests. The single daily quest is to kill 20 elite creatures. You can get most of the ilvl 496 catchup gear just by finding and opening chests.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

There is exactly one blue exclamation point on Timeless Isle.
    Two. The trivia daily and and kill 20 things daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's grindy (or can be), but it's not a series of daily quests. The single daily quest is to kill 20 elite creatures. You can get most of the ilvl 496 catchup gear just by finding and opening chests.
    Well, I don't really care about gear to be perfectly honest, I'm not going raiding any time soon. But the fact that it's not a series of daily quests really piques my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    Two. The trivia daily and and kill 20 things daily.
    Ok, forgot that one. All it gives is gold, though, so there's not much reason to do it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    i don't like timeless isle due too a lack of dailies.
    grinding sucks as a way to get rep, and its sadly the quickest way there.

also been dissapointed they haven't reused the reputation unlockable storyline as they used in 5.1 landfall, loved that patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Read the thread title again.
    wheres the option to vote for more than 1 thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post
    If they want to keep players on at cap they need to bring back daily hubs.

Forget the cry babies, dailies are the game the grown ups play when they reach cap.

Plus its a constructive thing to do while waiting for dungeons and raids to queue up.
    didnt mind the daily grind except the double gating of enchants ect if that wasnt there it wouls have been fine but i hate timeless isle because its a mindless grind and the "dinamic mobs" had so low hp that they died in 10 seconds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    And here comes the problem. People will always refer to the current system as the worse and look back to older content as being way better. And it wasn't. Nobody had fun in the Molten Front after a few weeks. Everyone was raging about how stuff is handed out to everyone, how things feel stale and how Crusader's Colosseum was way better. And you know what? It wasn't... and so on... and so on...
    sadly hes right tho worst part is 1st person there gets all the spoils wiht how littlke hp 80% of those pinata's have which tbh just make it boring
    the other bad thing about the island (and im on a pve server) was that cencur when ur not in the mood to pvp theres always 1 nab with it on standing on the corpse hoping some1 will click him instead and get pvp flagged

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    No, it means that people don't seem to realize that it's really just a "gear catch-up" zone (with a couple weekly bosses thrown in) and not much else. Almost all of the complaints about it seem to be missing that point.
    You're adding a point that isn't there. Blizzard never said "you're just suppose to be there for a few weeks, maybe a month or two, and be done with it." They said "This is content for everyone, raiders and otherwise."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, forgot that one. All it gives is gold, though, so there's not much reason to do it.
    Hey, I like gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

People who complain about missing rare spawns when it's 90% avoidable through proper planning.

I don't like it because you pretty much run around doing nothing. If you happen to run into an elite, great, but on my server everything dies within 4 seconds of being up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it was boring as hell, and didn't introduce anything that would have been "ruined" without flying.

The notion that flying "ruins" anything in the world, beyond maybe PvP (and even that's only superficially true, and only accounts for certain server types) is, frankly, laughable.

I haven't heard ONE person offer up one thing that's ruined by flying that is actually predicated on the existence of flying. All I hear is "Well removing flying lets blizzard do fantabulous new things and opens up new avenues for content!"

To which I ask: What, exactly, are those?

All we've seen on the timeless isle and isle of thunder (and molten front, if you think about it) in the "new aveneues for content" category are some gimmicky rare spawn mobs and a few gimmicky jump puzzles. And while I don't really think those qualify as "fantabulous," it's worth noting that none of those things suddenly "have their souls destroyed" by flying mounts existing around them. You could easily disable flying mounts for the duration of any "dynamic event" for anyone who wishes to participate, whether it be jump puzzle or something else, without having to remove flying mounts completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    People who complain about missing rare spawns when it's 90% avoidable through proper planning.
    So instead of going out and doing things, I should just be sitting and camping a rarespawn instead, right?

For the immersion of sitting and camping? That's just as brilliant as the "flight paths are the immersive alternative to flying" argument.

Yeah that got real tiresome doing that in WotLK looking for the time-lost proto-drake, and again in Cataclysm for Aeonaxx. But hey, the monotonous immersion of farming wasn't "ruined" by having flying mounts there, now was it?
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2014-04-08 at 11:02 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me it is a long boring grind.

I appreciate that it is mainly a way for alts or returning players to get gear but if you took a newly dinged character there you would be in for an exercise in frustration. What I have done, as I guess that many others have is just farm the gear with a higher geared toon, which really defeats the object.

Also, as mentioned, the rares are way too weak. Whenever Huolon spawns, it takes roughly 5.6 seconds to kill him on my server (one of the highest populated in EU). This extends into the "kill 20 elites" quest. It could take me up to 1 hour to complete, not really a fault of the island, but still annoying.

All I go there for now is Ordos/Celestials (which is another source of frustration due to Tier never dropping for me, but that is another topic entirely). Not really content to keep me occupied for another six months which probably explains the rapidly dwindling population on my server as each week passes.

Fireland and Timeless cannot be compared. Timeless was nice, Fireland was awful.

No, it means that people don't seem to realize that it's really just a "gear catch-up" zone (with a couple weekly bosses thrown in) and not much else. Almost all of the complaints about it seem to be missing that point.
    Because that is what everyone wants for 12 months? If you read my replies it is very clear that I realize it is just that but that doesn't make it good content...
    This has absolutely nothing to do with expectations.

There is content for raiders there. You've got two bosses that drop current gear.

Is it some earth-shattering thing? Well, no. But then raiders have...well, raids...to fill the bulk of their content.
    Timeless Isle is not relevant for anybody doing heroics, and not for people geared in normal. I havent touched Ordos in months, only reason I go there is to censer and kill.

I just hate the no flying option... for crying out loud just let us fly already.

I go to get the weekly done incase I spend some valor and I run celestials/ordos for free loot on Tuesdays since it's less than 15 minutes to get both down typically.
    This is my biggest problem with the direction this game has been going for so long. I only do celestials for the pvp gear atm and kill them on three characters in 15 minutes. I spend more time flying there than actually killing the boss. Yesterday I found a group for my DK alt, they started before I got there and when I arrived at the boss I hit him like three times (was already at 10%) and then it died and I got my chest with 100g in it. Then I ask myself in what universe is this even remotely fun? People purely do these bosses for loot and then they also make it so you have to put in almost no effort at all... why does this content exist? Why did they even let celestials drop prideful gear? Can someone, who thinks it is fun to kill celestials every week, explain to me why they think it is fun (other than that there is a chance for loot)?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just personally dislike catchup mechanics.