Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    And the girl didn't only kill his husband, but other's, too. Plus the tens of others who were poisoned......
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I dunno like, culture or not, suppose (and for this scenario, I'm assuming you are a straight male dude, if not, substitute the characters accordingly) but suppose you were 14, and it became part of the culture in your country for forced marriages to happen. You were forcibly married to a 40 year old gay man who wanted to have you as his little husband and you were stuck with that for life. Marriages are generally consumated, and it's not exactly a stretch to assume he would be having sex with you (possibly as often as he wanted) - Would you really be okay with some guy fucking you every night for the next half century and there was nothing you could do about it other than to "grow to like him" or "accept it as part of your culture" or just shiv the bastard?
    This really depends on the individual, you realize that right? If it wasn't you would hear about many more stories like what this girl did. Fact of the matter is that if you were brought up in a scenario like that in this imaginary country, then it's hard to say what exactly would happen. You assume that there aren't people who would not be comfortable with a good life (which is what most of these forced marriages are about - to get a better life) at the cost of that. It's a pretty broad assumption to make based on your ideals.

Deleted
    I dunno like, culture or not, suppose (and for this scenario, I'm assuming you are a straight male dude, if not, substitute the characters accordingly) but suppose you were 14, and it became part of the culture in your country for forced marriages to happen. You were forcibly married to a 40 year old gay man who wanted to have you as his little husband and you were stuck with that for life. Marriages are generally consumated, and it's not exactly a stretch to assume he would be having sex with you (possibly as often as he wanted) - Would you really be okay with some guy fucking you every night for the next half century and there was nothing you could do about it other than to "grow to like him" or "accept it as part of your culture" or just shiv the bastard?
    Your point is taken. But there is still a difference between action vs the total aggressor vs murdering a bunch of people who are not to blame for any of it.
    Based on your scenario it would be like me killing the dude + all his mates.
    The dude you could justify. The others you cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    And the girl didn't only kill his husband, but other's, too. Plus the tens of others who were poisoned......
    because they were sitting at the dinner table CELEBRATING the man who was holding her, a 14 year old girl, hostage and wanting to have sex with her against her will...id have killed them all too to get out of that situation...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    How do you know it won't happen?
    But how do you know it will? Its a stupid cyclic argument that no-one can win. Doesn't mean you can brand all people with the same brush. By your logic all 14year old girls i Nigeria are now murdering psychopaths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    But how do you know it will? Its a stupid cyclic argument that no-one can win. Doesn't mean you can brand all people with the same brush. By your logic all 14year old girls i Nigeria are now murdering psychopaths.
    So many wats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    because they were sitting at the dinner table CELEBRATING the man who was holding her, a 14 year old girl, hostage and wanting to have sex with her against her will...id have killed them all too to get out of that situation...
    Social constructs in THEIR country differ. they do NOT see it as anything but normal. Trying to justify the response based on Western cultural idealism's will not work. For the other people they were celebrating the marriage of a friend. Nothing out of the ordinary to them. They don't deserve to die for it

Deleted
    Your point is taken. But there is still a difference between action vs the total aggressor vs murdering a bunch of people who are not to blame for any of it.
    Based on your scenario it would be like me killing the dude + all his mates.
    The dude you could justify. The others you cannot.
    I guess I'm not trying to say it's justified - I don't agree with the death penalty for any crimes, for example, because I don't think that killing is ever truly justified - just that it's understandable in some circumstances. This being one of them. The other people killed... I don't know. Less understandable, for sure, but then we don't know the circumstances. Perhaps if it was only him that was done in, one of his friends would have taken her instead. I don't know the full extent to which their culture is corrupted by these sorts of sick "societal norms"

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    This really depends on the individual, you realize that right? If it wasn't you would hear about many more stories like what this girl did. Fact of the matter is that if you were brought up in a scenario like that in this imaginary country, then it's hard to say what exactly would happen. You assume that there aren't people who would not be comfortable with a good life (which is what most of these forced marriages are about - to get a better life) at the cost of that. It's a pretty broad assumption to make based on your ideals.
    Sure, some people accept it and are okay with it. Others are not, and if you are forcing people into things that some of these people are not okay with, you have to accept the consequences of what those people may do.

Let us be clear here. She was forced to marry this guy.

Sadly Fox News Has some Good information on this subject. ( will edit the OP to add)

Child marriage is common in Nigeria and especially in the mainly Muslim and impoverished north, where the numbers increase in times of drought because a bride price is paid and it means one less mouth to feed. Fifty percent of Nigerian girls living in rural areas are married before they turn 18, according to the U.N. children's agency. That's a lot of child brides in a country of some 170 million people of whom half are under 18.

Child brides often suffer difficult pregnancies — the leading cause of death worldwide for girls aged 15 to 19 — and are much more likely to contract AIDS and be subjected to domestic violence, according to the International Center for Research on Women.
    Early and forced marriage is classified as modern-day slavery by the U.N. labor organization, and Nigeria's Child Rights Act prohibits marriage before 18. But that federal law competes with Islamic Shariah law that holds in most northern states.
    No one in Nigeria has been prosecuted for marrying a child, including Sen. Sani Ahmed Yerima, infamous for divorcing a 17-year-old that he married when she was 15 so he could marry a 14-year-old Egyptian girl in 2010, when he was 49. He had to divorce one of his child brides because Islamic law allows a maximum of four wives at a time.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Social constructs in THEIR country differ. they do NOT see it as anything but normal. Trying to justify the response based on Western cultural idealism's will not work. For the other people they were celebrating the marriage of a friend. Nothing out of the ordinary to them. They don't deserve to die for it
    its not about if they "deserve" to die, its about HER not wanting to be held hostage by that man nor wanting to be forced to have sex with that man and HER doing the ONLY THING she can to GET OUT OF IT HAPPENING - i feel the same as she does, thats all, i would not want that to happen to me either, and i would do the same thing she did to make sure it did not happen to me

Sure, some people accept it and are okay with it. Others are not, and if you are forcing people into things that some of these people are not okay with, you have to accept the consequences of what those people may do.
    Take this out of context and apply it to any other situation, and you would have a pretty compelling reason as to why this is NOT ok.

Besides that, this really is a outlier. There's not enough little girls killing the man they are getting married to in forced marriages that it's a-ok for this to happen and just brush it off simply because of the "consequences".

Deleted
    I guess I'm not trying to say it's justified - I don't agree with the death penalty for any crimes, for example, because I don't think that killing is ever truly justified - just that it's understandable in some circumstances. This being one of them. The other people killed... I don't know. Less understandable, for sure, but then we don't know the circumstances. Perhaps if it was only him that was done in, one of his friends would have taken her instead. I don't know the full extent to which their culture is corrupted by these sorts of sick "societal norms"
    That's where peoples self righteous crusade on these forums falls down. All people have is a snippet of information form an article and already everyone is a pedo-rapist hostage taker pushing mass murder as an acceptable response method.

Lol this is the best thing ever
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrage View Post
    Take this out of context and apply it to any other situation, and you would have a pretty compelling reason as to why this is NOT ok.

Besides that, this really is a outlier. There's not enough little girls killing the man they are getting married to in forced marriages that it's a-ok for this to happen and just brush it off simply because of the "consequences".
    I didn't say it was okay, I said it was understandable. Just like if you apply it to another situation it is also often understandable but not okay / justified. People who commit suicide because they are bullied and want to escape it is not okay, and something we should work to stop, but is an understandable reaction to the situation they have been put in.

15+ Year Old Account
    They were celebrating their marriage. It's normal in their culture.

By the way, are you American? Are you a man? Are you circumcised?

Most (?) American men are circumcised and it is a lot more questionable thing to do compared to arranged marriages, even if the girl is 14.

I see child marriages more acceptable and moral than circumcision.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

That's where peoples self righteous crusade on these forums falls down. All people have is a snippet of information form an article and already everyone is a pedo-rapist hostage taker pushing mass murder as an acceptable response method.
    According to the UN it's slavery to do such a thing to a girl.
    Also I added some more info to the OP to flesh out and frame the situation in the region/country it happened in.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter what's normal in their country, it's pedophilia justified by Islam. Child marriage is common there, that doesn't make it OK just because it's normal. That doesn't necessarily justify murdering him, especially not also killing 4 other people as well, however in many terms it's not much different from someone being sexually assaulted and killing in self defense. Although it wasn't happening at the time (that we know of), it's a 35 year old man married to a 14 year old girl, 10 days after they've been married. He probably had sex with her, and if she doesn't love him and went so far as to murder him over it, I'm going to assume it was rape. Killing a pedophile/rapist is almost never going to be seen as a bad thing by anyone whether or not their own culture views it as normal.

Most (?) American men are circumcised and it is a lot more questionable thing to do compared to arranged marriages, even if the girl is 14.

im a woman, 41 years old with a 24 year old son who is a product of a rape when i was 17, and i dont care about morality - some man holds me hostage and wants to have sex with me against my will, ima do what i can to get out of it, even if it means killing him and everyone in the place who is happy he is doing it...just how i feel, no one has to agree with me, no one has to like it, but that is not going to change how i feel about it

Deleted
    im a woman, 41 years old with a 24 year old son who is a product of a rape when i was 17, and i dont care about morality - some man holds me hostage and wants to have sex with me against my will, ima do what i can to get out of it, even if it means killing him and everyone in the place who is happy he is doing it...just how i feel, no one has to agree with me, no one has to like it, but that is not going to change how i feel about it
    This. Think too many people here are talking without any understanding of what an awful thing rape and sexual assault (and in turn, forced marriages) are.

10+ Year Old Account

Those two things aren't remotely comparable, and I'm highly against circumcision of children. How is the marriage/rape of children by adults more moral than cutting some skin off of kids penises?