Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    I think the eye colour should be a separate customization option.
    Same here. Only thing I really want as a feature :/

They have animation for faces, not just the body, the eyeballs move, the mouth moves, the eyebrows move, to get the same face syndrome out they would need to have several Animations/heads as textures alone can't make a difference if they are that defined.

Quote Originally Posted by PGGR View Post
    I am loving the face models I am seeing. It is true that some don't match 100% to the original low resolution face.. but there is still time for them to get fixed.

I tried editing slightly the ones shown here into something that reminds me closer the original.. but there is still alot of detail to be added to them. The tones were done really roughly and I didn't really take the time to trace the original faces.. anyhow.

I don't think it is difficult to get the new HD faces to match to the old ones.. so I am thinking that there might be animation restrictions.. or simply it just being a matter of time.

I can totally identify with the posters who are upset.. but lets try not to lose our cool yet. Everything is still in development.

Oh god, this is such an improvement already. Not perfect yet (as you said, the colors and other minor details don't match up yet), but the overall feel and character of the faces is so much better conveyed in your edit. I do think that the ditzy big smile is the biggest offendor to the faces currently all looking the same in alpha. I really hope this will change, and your edit makes me hopeful. I really hope we'll see something like that in game as well.

edit: would you be fine with me using that picture on the official blizzard forum to exemplify how the faces could be improved to look more different from one another and closer to the originals?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The "same face" is because, unlike before that the emotions were drawn directly on the textures, now they are animated. So, everyone will get the same idle face. The solution is to set the idle face to different emotions.
    Because the only thing that sets me apart from Brad Pitt is his glamorous pearly white smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    As an example, that is not just a texture change, that would require modifying the model itself. Which has never been done between any faces in WoW... ever.[/B]
    Goblins beg to differ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awbee View Post
    edit: would you be fine with me using that picture on the official blizzard forum to exemplify how the faces could be improved to look more different from one another and closer to the originals?
    I'm sure it's fine. Please do.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, right off the bat, fans with there own skill manage to make what blizzard is slacking to do themselves.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cptaylor38 View Post
    Because the only thing that sets me apart from Brad Pitt is his glamorous pearly white smile.

Yes, because what you just wrote has anything to do with texturing and modeling.

I am loving the face models I am seeing. It is true that some don't match 100% to the original low resolution face.. but there is still time for them to get fixed.

I tried editing slightly the ones shown here into something that reminds me closer the original.. but there is still alot of detail to be added to them. The tones were done really roughly and I didn't really take the time to trace the original faces.. anyhow.

I don't think it is difficult to get the new HD faces to match to the old ones.. so I am thinking that there might be animation restrictions.. or simply it just being a matter of time.

I can totally identify with the posters who are upset.. but lets try not to lose our cool yet. Everything is still in development.
    Actually can someone tweet this to robinson? I really like these faces, hopefully they take it into consideration.

Deleted
    No problem there, but keep in mind that I am not trying to downrate the original artwork with my edit. I am actually loving the changes by the artists.. I am just a player who has spent alot of time transmogging my characters and I am trying to provide feedback on how it would work better from my pointview..

See, right off the bat, fans with there own skill manage to make what blizzard is slacking to do themselves.
    I don't agree with that.. mine was a 10 minute 2D edit and what you see is months of brilliant (seriously brilliant) modeling work. Again, I did not do the edit to offend the artists.

To me, the dwarf faces look non identical. I mean, I feel that those variations still offer some degree of choice.

Female dwarf looks Spanish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BiruWW View Post
    Actually can someone tweet this to robinson? I really like these faces, hopefully they take it into consideration.
    I'm pretty sure that it's much too late to ask for something like this. Time is running out, there are so many models that still need to be done. The only thing you might hear is "That are some really cool ideas that we might consider in the future" or "it's on the wishlist".

Another point why they are much too far now: The single face syndrome is something that evolves earlier in the planing phase - most models need more complex models like the female goblin. That model has different noses and ears, in my opinion they won't start adding this feature to the new models we have seen so far.
    Right now the high animated, pixar-like new models forces them to place eyebrows, lips, eyeform to be in the exact same spot all the time and not just place it anywhere, like the old models or in PGGR's edit.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account

[IMG]http://s3.postimg.org/qaud0vtpv/C2e_Ajr_Sedit.jpg[/IG]

AHHHH This is so much better.....I really hope they see this and listen.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it's much too late to ask for something like this. Time is running out, there are so many models that still need to be done. The only thing you might hear is "That are some really cool ideas that we might consider in the future" or "it's on the wishlist".

Another point why they are much too far now: The single face syndrome is something that evolves earlier in the planing phase - most models need more complex models like the female goblin. That model has different noses and ears, in my opinion they won't start adding this feature to the new models we have seen so far.
    Right now the high animated, pixar-like new models forces them to place eyebrows, lips, eyeform to be in the exact same spot all the time and not just place it anywhere, like the old models or in PGGR's edit.
    This is what I expect too and that's why I hate when people throw out the "it's only alpha theyre still fixing it".

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post

Let's not forget that goblins' geoset-based features are in the same category as troll tusks or undead jaws, none of those are faces.

I would love it if they added similar geosets for every race and gender, but they've stated multiple times that they are not pushing customization forward, they are merely improving what we already have.

While the same thing can be said about unique animated idle expressions, I really hoped they would take the time to add those. Specially seeing how 'easily' they can move those shiny new bones (as seen in the tauren rigging video).

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Female dwarf looks Spanish.
    excuse me?

they look a little bit mexican maybe, but definetly not spanish
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2014-04-16 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

Besides the female orc in this video which I assume is still getting some tinkering, I can for sure see the differences in faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post

Besides the female orc in this video which I assume is still getting some tinkering, I can for sure see the differences in faces.
    no.. there is not.

What you are see is the exact same face, with nothing more then subtle wrinkles or lines used.

This is the exact same thing that happened with the pandaren.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    no.. there is not.

What you are see is the exact same face, with nothing more then subtle wrinkles or lines used.

This is the exact same thing that happened with the pandaren.
    And the old models for that matter.