Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    well myself im kinda kicking myself a bit for not backing earlier, but im more inclined to give the 45$ now and get a game when its released

im waiting for now to see what more there is before Spending any MORE money

that and all the ships you can get from the pledge pages you can get from just playing the game so other people are just paying for a "shortcut"
    Exactly, everything that can be bought now will be available in game and the LTI that was part of some early offers allegedly isn't going to be a big deal. I really don't feel pressured at all to back earlier rather than later. I will probably end up backing like the very last day a 45$ pledge is going to include the full version of the game (technically 40$ for me as I got a discount when I tried the Arena Commander module with the Dragon*Con code).

About the video, I have seen it already (actually watched about 20 times and analyzed all the info), but there are still a lot of things that we don't know. Most importantly we haven't seen how it will work out in practice and if I learned anything about computer games is that many things can sound good in theory, but work very poorly in practice.

I know I sound like a total party pooper, but don't get me wrong, if you are completely confident in the success of SC by all means back the shit out of it. I just don't feel comfortable giving money before I have a clearer picture about the final product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    well myself im kinda kicking myself a bit for not backing earlier, but im more inclined to give the 45$ now and get a game when its released

im waiting for now to see what more there is before Spending any MORE money

that and all the ships you can get from the pledge pages you can get from just playing the game so other people are just paying for a "shortcut"
    There is that but one of the main reasons for me would be the LTI they offer to go with it, which essentially means that no matter what happens in the game i will still have hulls of those ships sitting in my hangar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    Exactly, everything that can be bought now will be available in game and the LTI that was part of some early offers allegedly isn't going to be a big deal. I really don't feel pressured at all to back earlier rather than later. I will probably end up backing like the very last day a 45$ pledge is going to include the full version of the game (technically 40$ for me as I got a discount when I tried the Arena Commander module with the Dragon*Con code).

About the video, I have seen it already (actually watched about 20 times and analyzed all the info), but there are still a lot of things that we don't know. Most importantly we haven't seen how it will work out in practice and if I learned anything about computer games is that many things can sound good in theory, but work very poorly in practice.

I know I sound like a total party pooper, but don't get me wrong, if you are completely confident in the success of SC by all means back the shit out of it. I just don't feel comfortable giving money before I have a clearer picture about the final product.
    oh I know you're just being cautious, like I said I'm more inclined to give away $45 on a pre order. but I'm waiting to see more before I pledge any more money towards star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There is that but one of the main reasons for me would be the LTI they offer to go with it, which essentially means that no matter what happens in the game i will still have hulls of those ships sitting in my hangar.
    well the reason why I'm kicking myself for not backing earlier that there is some older backer things that popped up "any backers at the time of this goal being met shall get this item. Any future backers are out of luck"
    Last edited by Omians; 2014-11-06 at 10:46 PM.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I like the idea of LTI on my Super Hornet package because I foresee me smashing that shit right into something the moment I take off with it for the first time.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I think people are vastly overestimating the cost of insurance and importance of LTI. The sheer fact it's being offered should tell you insurance will be a minor thing, because there is no way they're going to have something hugely pay2win. It's a minor formality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insurence they claimed will have different costs depending where you operate, higher costs in Low sec. Areas and no tolls for going planet side and vise versa for high sec.

Well, have fun thinking we'll be playing Insurance Citizen then I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to it if so, we are going to have fun with those that try
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt say it would be a big focus, probably be just as important as insurence is in EVE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one.
    Are you going to be a pirate/smuggler? else we are not on the same side of the fence here

Insurance cost is also likely to scale by the size of the vessel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you going to be a pirate/smuggler? else we are not on the same side of the fence here

And probably what your history of line of work is in the game " pirate catcher? Thats another 15% ontop of the fee"

10+ Year Old Account

I'm an Anti-Pirate smuggler(When I get a new PC and get Arena commander and such yadda yadda). I'm mostly playing the hero role(SHOCKER) but getting a bunch of $$ even though I'd prefer to have infinite(When I *rp*) but in terms of gameplay I'll probably be doing jobs and or missions that are peaceful. If for some reason I run into a smuggler and pirate. It's likely they will not survive.

Also my PC can barely handle Star Citizen :/ So I can't play
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm an Anti-Pirate smuggler(When I get a new PC and get Arena commander and such yadda yadda). I'm mostly playing the hero role(SHOCKER) but getting a bunch of $$ even though I'd prefer to have infinite(When I *rp*) but in terms of gameplay I'll probably be doing jobs and or missions that are peaceful. If for some reason I run into a smuggler and pirate. It's likely they will not survive.
    This is what I'm skeptical of, so many MMO's can't even do this part right. They fail at making an immersive sandbox experience where you can roleplay your character and do what you want without running out of shit to do. This game wants to do that and have a full legit space flight game as well. I really hope they can pull it off because that would be awesome, but it's so ambitious that I can't really believe it'll work until I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    This is what I'm skeptical of, so many MMO's can't even do this part right. They fail at making an immersive sandbox experience where you can roleplay your character and do what you want without running out of shit to do. This game wants to do that and have a full legit space flight game as well. I really hope they can pull it off because that would be awesome, but it's so ambitious that I can't really believe it'll work until I see it.
    Well Star Citizen so far seems to have been given a load of money and while people say the big dev cycle is still going on. I'm skeptical to but it's hard not to appreciate what they are doing. ALSO, long dev cycles don't equate massive epic experiences.

Watch Dogs(Yes not an MMO but it proved that the extended dev cycle didn't help things much).

Warrior-Magi

The one thing that I think is different, is there is more independence for the two areas of development (at least for now). So each is able to do full development on their area without a lot of red tape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The one thing that I think is different, is there is more independence for the two areas of development (at least for now). So each is able to do full development on their area without a lot of red tape.
    That to. Coporations have their place but when they stick their noses everywhere, it gets annoying.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    When your going off of crowd funding money and not money from a big company your not under of what they in a game your making but have a deadline to meet

On the otherhand you have a game getting funded by the public and you can put what ever you were wanting in the game and not have a deadline and take forever bringing the game out

But at least for star citizen they have a road map of what and when they want stuff to be done

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    I think people are vastly overestimating the cost of insurance and importance of LTI. The sheer fact it's being offered should tell you insurance will be a minor thing, because there is no way they're going to have something hugely pay2win. It's a minor formality.
    You'd think that people would do their homework before spending several hundred dollars more than what CR will sale you for on a virtual spaceship just for LTI?

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my Solid State Drive from Amazon when i got home from work... Holy Fuck i didnt think the thing would be so small.. or light weight

i mean i read the Technical Details but actually seeing it, esh

Are they implementing more content than just a single spaceship or two every $1,000,000?? Because it probably only cost them a few thousand dollars to create a new ship, I hope the rest of the money isn't just lining their pockets ><