Page 29 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    From a couple of pages ago:
    Yeah, I've read the whole thread. But the last post somehow sounded even more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    We sure about that, because Media seems to influence people
    You're right, which is why as the number of people playing violent videogames has climbed exponentially, crime shot up.

Wait...

No, actually you're talking out of your arse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    If they didnt get over it you would complain that they are weak persons.
    Stupid damsels sitting there full of PSTD waiting to get rescued.

Meh if you do damn if you dont.
    No, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't complain. A lot of rape/abuse victims never get over it, most of them kill themselves. I would've liked a process or something that shows how they progress, how they try to go on. But nope, get raped like it's nothing, like it's a little bruise that'll go away the next day. It's not realistic imho.

Yeah, along with Dragons is my point, as I said I'll end by supporting the Senator, and avoiding the show, unless someone can make a good argument of how a fucking show with Dragons that aren't real are going to get across the pitfalls of showing a girl being forced to have sex as part of needed story telling.
    The thing is, your point is shit (surprise, surprise). Just because a show has some fantasy elements, doesn't mean it can't portray other things accurately. How does this elude you is beyond me.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, along with Dragons is my point, as I said I'll end by supporting the Senator, and avoiding the show, unless someone can make a good argument of how a fucking show with Dragons that aren't real are going to get across the pitfalls of showing a girl being forced to have sex as part of needed story telling.
    Wooooooooooshhhhhhhhh your argument just flew right past me, cause i have no idea what you're trying to get at with the dragon thing.

How simple can we make this for? It's a story which based on historical elements adding pieces of fiction to enrich it (Dragons, magic, zombies etc).

So, how does the presence of dragons impact the portrayal of a real thing like rape?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    No, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't complain. A lot of rape/abuse victims never get over it, most of them kill themselves. I would've liked a process or something that shows how they progress, how they try to go on. But nope, get raped like it's nothing, like it's a little bruise that'll go away the next day. It's not realistic imho.
    Data for that bit please.

Deleted
    Are you saying that Rape isn't real, or that Dragons are real?

Also, It's a TV Show, it's not real, no one got hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you come to believe that?
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where was the outrage when Joffrey had a couple of dead whores hanging up in his bedroom with crossbow bolts stuck in them?

Or when Jaime and Cersei were fucking next to their son's dead body?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Stannis the Mannis
    Melisandre's boobs > everything Stannis. Also she's just a fucking cool as hell character, seriously. I love that her magic isn't super "in your face" all the time, and that she knows sooooooooooo much more than she ever lets on and is just playing everybody.

Ok, well so it is, it still a pretty fucked up scene, I'll just end with I support the Senator, and will continue avoiding this show, now with intent.
    Won't change anything. This is the most watched tv series on the planet. First episode of this season was screened in the cinemas. Heck even bollywood is making it's own version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The thing is, your point is shit (surprise, surprise). Just because a show has some fantasy elements, doesn't mean it can't portray other things accurately. How does this elude you is beyond me.
    The SJW narrative is black and white. You can't have 50% realism/50% fiction.

Considering that according to feminist sources the amount of women raped worldwide is around in hundreds of millions, yet the stark majority of successful suicides is done by men, I'm rather skeptical of this claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Where was the outrage when Joffrey had a couple of dead whores hanging up in his bedroom with crossbow bolts stuck in them?
    So long as he didn't pork them, or asked politely before he did, it's a-ok. Apparently.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Murder doesn't even register on the radar of most "SJW's". The other rapes in the series haven't mattered either though, so I guess it's just a case of "we actually liked her, so we'll react to this one".

Like how a lot of animals rights people only care about the cute ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, i just watched some juicy rape scenes. Who's up for a night out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Heck even bollywood is making it's own version.
    Real? Cos I will watch the shit out of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Data for that bit please.
    Let's be honest, rape victims are prone to suicide.

http://www.suicide.org/rape-victims-...o-suicide.html
    https://mainweb-v.musc.edu/vawpreven...alimpact.shtml

There's a lot of stories around.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Melisandre's boobs > everything Stannis. Also she's just a fucking cool as hell character, seriously. I love that her magic isn't super "in your face" all the time, and that she knows sooooooooooo much more than she ever lets on and is just playing everybody.
    oh she knows some shit alright.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Yeah, she has really nice boobs. Something must be very wrong with Jon for refusing to play with them. Err... I mean, I also thing she's a nice character. And good point on her powers. My favorite part in regards to that was when she was confused that Thoros could resurrect people (but she probably cannot). Though I also like Stannis a lot, especially in the current season.