Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Presitging isn't a choice for competent players.
    Um... A choice is a choice, no matter the caliber of the player making it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    Um... A choice is a choice, no matter the caliber of the player making it.
    Cutting off your leg is also a choice but nobody sane will do it -especially not runners. Similiarly competent pvp players won't do it cause they need all talents to play arenas and thus it won't serve as content for them. When they quit earlier cause they will be done with getting rating and will have zero interest in resetting their talents all your talk won't improve the sub numbers just as the empty praises dind't with wod.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Cutting off your leg is also a choice but nobody sane will do it -especially not runners. Similiarly competent pvp players won't do it cause they need all talents to play arenas and thus it won't serve as content for them. When they quit earlier cause they will be done with getting rating and will have zero interest in resetting their talents all your talk won't improve the sub numbers just as the empty praises dind't with wod.
    Agree. The prestige levels were designed for casual pvpers mostly, who do not push arena. Personally ill get full pvp talent tree unlocked and thats it, ill be focusing on arena, hence no time to farm prestige levels, unless i quit arena for a season and go casual, i wont bother grinding those levels in the beg/mid season when u need to climb ladder asap

10+ Year Old Account
    This.

And what more is that players fail to see it is a CHOICE! If you do not like it, then do not do it!!!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PRESTIGE IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR DENSE SKULL!!!
    I wish I could look at things in a perspective that is this black and white but I can't....it's great that we have something to do, yes ..BUT the system is flawed.

Maybe they can find a compromise between not having any talents and it taking a prohibitive amount of time to gain the full set. Ex: after a certain prestige level it's quicker to gain levels.

I can't tell the future but it seems to me that BG wins are going to come to down to whichever team has the fewest players with the least amount of talent points missing.

That makes the system not just a detriment to the player (yeah it optional, I get it) but it's a detriment to your team as well.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

It does, you jut refuse to see it.

I have no need to waste my precious time and effort on some random player that cries about anything and everything just for attention. If you want to continue to ignore the obvious and focus on the tiny spec that you feel is negative even though it is completely optional and has no impact on your personal life or choices, then you can do that on your own.
    You stated I do not like any of the rewards and are thus complaining.

I have not once complained about any of the rewards.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Agree. The prestige levels were designed for casual pvpers mostly, who do not push arena. Personally ill get full pvp talent tree unlocked and thats it, ill be focusing on arena, hence no time to farm prestige levels, unless i quit arena for a season and go casual, i wont bother grinding those levels in the beg/mid season when u need to climb ladder asap
    The ironic thing is Prestiging is simply a hardcore activity. Holinka tries to sell it as an alternative progressions for casual players which is why he wants hardcore players to stick with rated play. Rated players will not give up talents, so it is purposefully designed to segregate the PVP player base.

But full premades working on prestige will definitely be a thing. If you are forming premades for random BG's you are a hardcore player and definitely not a casual player in most instances.

It takes about one week of hardcore play to unlock all your PVP talents. For a casual player this will probably take a month before they can have the "option" to prestige. Most casual players will give up well before they unlock all their talents with the way this system is designed.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Cutting off your leg is also a choice but nobody sane will do it -especially not runners.
    What a ridiculous comparison. Cutting off your leg and choosing to prestige are not even remotely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by shell View Post
    I wish I could look at things in a perspective that is this black and white but I can't....it's great that we have something to do, yes ..BUT the system is flawed.
    Have you actually found a flaw or are you claiming there is one just to complain?

I can't tell the future but it seems to me that BG wins are going to come to down to whichever team has the fewest players with the least amount of talent points missing.
    How is this different from live where the winning team has more PvP gear than the losing team?

All MMOs are "theme park" MMOs. Each one is going to give you an incentive for playing that just amounts to 1s and 0s.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a ridiculous comparison. Cutting off your leg and choosing to prestige are not even remotely similar.

Have you actually found a flaw or are you claiming there is one just to complain?

How is this different from live where the winning team has more PvP gear than the losing team?
    It's already been stated. It's different because on live it takes no time at all to get gear. Nothing's going to be perfect but some happy middle ground would be nice.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

It's already been stated.
    Vague statement is vague.

It's different because on live it takes no time at all to get gear.
    HAH! I have been working a few weeks on getting all Conquest gear and still four pieces short. About two months is "not time at all?"

but some happy middle ground would be nice.
    What middle ground do you want? It only takes a few hours to unlock the first choice in all tiers, and much faster to unlock all choices than it is to get full Conquest gear. And, once again, IT IS A CHOICE TO PRESTIGE!!! How many times must I shout it through your deaf ears and through that dense skull for you to finally understand and say, "Hey. If I do not want to prestige, then I o not have to. It is a choice I can make, and maybe I will eventually, but not right now. I am glad Blizzard is adding in more choices for the players to make instead of forcing us down a path that we do not want to go."

Maybe Blizzard should just force players to prestige after they hit Honor Rank 50 so they actually have some basis of an argument...

Deleted
    You said a choice is a choice. So no complaining please. Also like how you didn't quote the rest, didn't have an answer to that huh?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed Prestige in CoD, so I enjoy it in Legion as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    During leveling from 1 to 50 :

Along the way, you'll earn a number of rewards, including Gold, Artifact Power, and a brand new set of PvP-only Honor Talents.

So you also get other things than just honor levels.
    Yes,
    PvP talents are unlocked at specific numbered levels, but there are other rewards in-between.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

15+ Year Old Account
    People who complain about prestige - why just don't prestige?

Deleted
    I pretty sure most people who play pvp comp in a serious manner will not prestige until the season is about to end or they have had their shares of rated games. Really odd design choice by Blizzard...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    I pretty sure most people who play pvp comp in a serious manner will not prestige until the season is about to end or they have had their shares of rated games. Really odd design choice by Blizzard...
    Understandable. People who play rated/serious could have all talents unlocked form the beginning, without the possibility to prestige. That could be a fix.

Carrots on sticks in various versions, is one of the factors that drive games like WoW.
    In the WoD pvp model, many players felt they ran out of carrots to hunt, when they had aquired enough conquest points to buy the full pvp set.
    The goal with the Legion model is to give players a near endless amounts of carrots to hunt. It's also more fun to hunt a new exciting talent than another piece of armor that makes you 3% stronger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know how many times you can prestige, and also what the rewards will be for each prestige?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikael123 View Post
    Carrots on sticks in various versions, is one of the factors that drive games like WoW.
    In the WoD pvp model, many players felt they ran out of carrots to hunt, when they had aquired enough conquest points to buy the full pvp set.
    The goal with the Legion model is to give players a near endless amounts of carrots to hunt. It's also more fun to hunt a new exciting talent than another piece of armor that makes you 3% stronger.
    You're right on the idea but the execution falls flat because we don't get new things. Already at the first round you just grind to get back some of the skills they removed with legion. You don't feel much accomplishment getting back what you got stolen.

And it doesn't get better, second round is just annoying getting robbed once again, third round you got to wonder how many will start considering bg bots.