10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The only players excluded are the ones who choose not to do it, therefore no one is excluded. Everyone has equal opportunity to complete the raid quests. The bonus of offering is to give players that enjoy that content a reason to do it, chiefly exclusivity. It's a bonus to those that choose to do it. Blizzard does not offer everything to everyone in the cpacity that everyone can earn everything thru taking the path of least resistance. Without incentive, other than enjoying pushing hard content, why bother to do these things outside of LFR?
    Exclusivity by definition excludes people. You cannot argue argue that the reward is exclusive while simultaneously stating no one is excluded. This is the definition of double think.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    As such, we wanted to keep this step in line with the previous steps in the chain, which require completing Mythic Dungeons.
    It does somewhat worry me that Blizzard think normal raiding is in line with mythic dungeons (which are immensely more popular than normal raiding).

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I know that, I honestly don't care. But you do have to admit that it does probably set up some sort of level of expectation when the other quests specifically do say mythic difficulty dungeons, and the raid one doesn't say anything at all about difficulty. I don't think it's an unwarranted complaint or anything. It's just kind of bad quest design. They probably just flat out overlooked it.
    You could probably fill ~2 out of the 57 pages in this thread with complaints about the fact that it wasn't labeled, and that includes your posts. It's not an unwarranted complaint, no. Important? Not really. What's the worst case? Do an LFR wing or 2, don't get a drop, then spend 2 mins checking if they drop on google? Oh the horror.

This thread, and the vast majority of complaints in it (and other threads), are strictly about the fact that the items don't drop in LFR.
    Last edited by Propainn; 2016-09-28 at 11:54 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt I will find time to do normal raid (doesn't bother me).

Because of that there is some stuff in a game I won't be able to get. Why should that bother me? Loads of mounts I haven't been able to get in recent years either, I don't expect stuff in an MMO that I can't find the time to work towards. Doesn't matter that it is only cosmetic, can't see why I am entitled to ANY item that others put more time into. I will enjoy the time I spend playing, or quit for a while if I am not enjoying it. It is a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Why don't they deserve some kind exclusive award though?
    The better question is why do they? What makes them preferred customers?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    It does somewhat worry me that Blizzard think normal raiding is in line with mythic dungeons (which are immensely more popular than normal raiding).
    It's only more popular because this is the start of an expansion, where for the first 3 weeks, the best items came from mythic dungeons.

As the expansion continues you will find that Mythic+ and Raiding will become more popular. Why? Because it gives better items.
    EDIT: For example, today after the US reset, it was damn near impossible to find a regular mythic dungeon in the group finder. 75% of groups listed were for Mythic+.

Not alot of people will step foot back into mythic dungeons once they acquire new and more powerful gear, aside from gearing up alts.
    Last edited by Veshx; 2016-09-28 at 11:57 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you should spend less time on these forums, and more ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The fact that progression oriented raiders stick around for longer periods during content patches (less cyclical) maybe? It's not exactly a secret. More time subbed=more $$$. They quite literally are preferred customers, as you like to put it.

I'll just ignore the whole "complete more difficult content and put in more effort" thing for now.

It's a cosmetic reward for fucks sakes. I thought you complainers were all for cosmetic rewards for raiders. Now Blizzard listens to this feedback and you QQ about it.

If you want that specific appearance so badly, then put the appropriate effort on it.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I doubt mythic dungeons are as popular as you think they are. Maybe relatively popular. I'd love to see numbers of them completed. I bet it's extremely low. Then I bet Mythic + is much, much lower, normal raids are way lower than that, heroics prolly massively lower, and mythic is prolly then laughably lower.

(Not trying to make a point here about the skins, I need to keep pointing that out for fear people will think I am because of assumptions.)

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    It's a cosmetic reward for fucks sakes. I thought you complainers were all for cosmetic rewards for raiders. Now Blizzard listens to this feedback and you QQ about it.

If you want that specific appearance so badly, then put the appropriate effort on it.
    They need the lore you know ? Having Kalec and Senegos go : "You're weapon can be more powerful ! Yes, more ! Yeeesss !" Such wow, much story.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    It's only more popular because this is the start of an expansion
    I'm using historical figures, the vast majority of the player base doesn't raid (excluding LFR), dungeons are much more popular.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the artifact skin is locked behind nm+ doesnt bother me at al, in fact I'm surprised that it doesn't require heroic or some Glory of the Emerald Nightmare achievement to unlock, since it's a lot easier than completing a mythic+15 dungeon.

However, Having to do a certain difficulty of a raid to progress the main story is wrong in my opinion. Because that is what lfr is for: so that people who are unable to raid normally still have the option to see all the bosses, experience the lore surrounding a raid and know what the fuck is going on in an expansion. To quote someone from the first page of this thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Imagine if the artifact chain required you to achieve a certain arena rating. People would go mental.
    Again, the artifact skin isn't the issue. If you really want it, you'll get those prestiges an be on your merry way, but if the main story chain required you to perform well in rated pvp, all the forums will explode in tears and rage.

I sincerely hope that they will allow everyone to complete this main story quest sometime in the future, it would be a shame if a lot of people miss out on it when Blizzard implemented all these options (LFR being the main example here) to avoid people missing out on content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    The most nerfed class in WoW is <my class>. <my class> seems to get nerfed every damn patch, unlike those <other class> that get buffed and still want more!

I'm using historical figures, the vast majority of the player base doesn't raid (excluding LFR), dungeons are much more popular.
    I find that very very hard to believe.

Seeing as I am only doing 1 heroic a day for the AP and barely doing all if any of my mythic dungeons.

But alas, I am raiding.
    Last edited by Veshx; 2016-09-28 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post

Reminds me of the moose mount. That probably got a lot of ppl "ambitious" again as a lure just within their grasp, whereas otherwise they'd be "eh... !#@$ it. I did normal & LFR already, whats the big deal about finishing heroic ?"

Its nice it only requires Normal though (especially for those 30 non-existent essences).

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I find that very very hard to believe.

Seeing as I am only doing 1 heroic a day for the AP and barely doing all if any of my mythic dungeons.

But alas, I am raiding.
    You think the vast majority of the playerbase raids above LFR?

It's only cosmetic so I don't see what the fuss is about, now if it was a power reward I would be upset.

At some point the normal+ barrier could be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Blizzard is selling a game, not rewards. Some customers are not "preferred" simply because they get a reward or unlock extra content for doing a certain activity in-game.

If you want the reward but the process is too hard/bothersome, you can always just come back next patch or expansion with a couple friends instead.

I love the new storm dragon mounts, but right now they're locked behind rated pvp which I rarely ever do (and even when I do I never do enough for the achievement), so I don't get them. And that's fine, I also get other cool stuff from the things I indeed do, including actually having fun just playing.

The only true problem with the questline is that it does not specifiy clearly that you need to do it in Normal or harder.

More than does 5 man meta achieves, for sure. 3.8% completed Glory of the Draenor Hero by 7/21/16 (http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/glob...t-category-168). That's only around 1/5 of the 18% number being thrown around for raiders. So, clearly the meta achieve shouldn't have been the base skin.

I'd also be willing to bet you a decent amount that FAR less people will clear Mythic+15 than will clear N EN.

I mean you can argue that it is more popular because you don't have to get off your lazy entitled ass and actually form a group and run to the instance.
    You can just afk queue while fapping in Dalaran with the rest of your circle jerk buddies.

But yes I do, because I play on a very progressed realm where a vast majority of players end goal is to what? You guessed it, raid.

I can't comment on the state of other realms because I have never played on other realms other than the one I play on right now.