Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What's the go-to healing addon for raid frames now? Is it still Grid?

There are some crap talents and skills on discipline. Some samples:

- Radiance: to much mana cost and low heal number. Could be more or less aceptable if it affects 5 per, but only 3 makes it really bad unless you have innervate. Crap skill.

- The talent for the +2s to expiation buff: bad, just bad. That 17s should be the base duration hahahaha. Think this talent only could be more or less useful if make the duration of 20s (so raise 5 secons instead 2). Also on the same line there are power infussion.....near a must with our mana problems and need of haste.

- shadow covenant: so damn terrible. I tried give a chance (specially on bosses with no adds or very few, where purge is not so important), but nah, it not good. That heal shield and not apply the buff kill the talent. Damn, Grace is more useful on raid than it hahahahha (even if only affect the shields is already way better).

- Smite: not terrible, but not good. Not strong at all and the "shield" is really low for the raid standar. Guess could be really interesting if it makes a 50% damage to a second near objetive... Or, at least, keep like it is now but with zero mana cost

- Plea: is ok, but maybe decrease a bit the mana increase per buff.

Also pls, give us some area damge spell hahaha. Of course like halo, only the damage done to one enemy will be used to heal.
    Last edited by Franarok; 2016-10-03 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    it's the best or second best healer atm XD
    Is this reflected in the very top guilds? I know Method used a disc on their Xavius kill, but thats as far as my knowledge about this topic goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    What's the go-to healing addon for raid frames now? Is it still Grid?
    I use VuhDo ... but I'll tell you what I really want. An addon that lets me add specific raid members to a separate frame so I can group up tanks, healers, and highest DPSers into a separate frame to track atonements on them. That would be sexy.

edit: If anyone knows of such a thing, or knows if VuhDo can do this, please let me know ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    There are some crap talents and skills on discipline. Some samples:

- Radiance: to much mana cost and low heal number. Could be more or less aceptable if it affects 5 per, but only 3 makes it really bad unless you have innervate. Crap skill.

- The talent for the +2s to expiation buff: bad, just bad. That 17s should be the base duration hahahaha. Think this talent only could be more or less useful if make the duration of 20s (so raise 5 secons instead 2). Also on the same line there are power infussion.....near a must with our mana problems and need of haste.

- shadow covenant: so damn terrible. I tried give a chance (specially on bosses with no adds or very few, where purge is not so important), but nah, it not good. That heal shield and not apply the buff kill the talent. Damn, Grace is more useful on raid than it hahahahha (even if only affect the shields is already way better).

- Smite: not terrible, but not good. Not strong at all and the "shield" is really low for the raid standar. Guess could be really interesting if it makes a 50% damage to a second near objetive... Or, at least, keep like it is now but with zero mana cost

- Plea: is ok, but maybe decrease a bit the mana increase per buff.

Also pls, give us some area damge spell hahaha. Of course like halo, only the damage done to one enemy will be used to heal.
    Disc priest is the only healer class that can be brought to world first progression, and people qq for buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Is this reflected in the very top guilds? I know Method used a disc on their Xavius kill, but thats as far as my knowledge about this topic goes.
    it's my opinion really

it's the best or second best healer atm XD
    good meme lel

Disc priest is the only healer class that can be brought to world first progression, and people qq for buffs.
    Just because it's decent in a highly coordinated and incredibly skilled group, does not mean it's perfectly fine and needs no fixing at all.

And...what? "Only healer class brought to world first progression" ? Where the hell are you getting that from? All different healers were used, not just Discs.

And criticism is not "QQ".

Quote Originally Posted by Grxl View Post
    You should use Grace with Twist of Fate and use a lot of Shadow Mends or spec holy for Ilgynoth. If you cannot kill the eye in the first vulnerability phase, then it's not so much on the healers. On the first week when we did it with a second blood phase, we simply changed our kill order to Corruptors (or Bloods under the eye) -> Bloods -> Horror -> Rest and the fight became easy. Just have your raid be ready to switch to the corruptors as soon as they spawn and kill them before the second Spew Corruption cast goes through, and the raid damage just disappears.

So no, it's not really on you but on the whole raid to deal with the mechanics swiftly. If you cannot kill the corruptors in time then there's not much to do but reroll your whole roster to resto shamans.
    I'm using Grace a lot in raids - especially in Heroic where the tanks take a lot of damage. It's great for both tank healing and spot healing.

I miss being able to talent into an improved version of Purify. I've never spent so much time looking at my cooldown timer for Purify as I do in the Dragons fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunzi View Post
    I'm using Grace a lot in raids - especially in Heroic where the tanks take a lot of damage. It's great for both tank healing and spot healing.

I miss being able to talent into an improved version of Purify. I've never spent so much time looking at my cooldown timer for Purify as I do in the Dragons fight.
    Honestly for that fight being a shadow priest is a good thing, I take a lot of pressure off my healers by handling dispels of roots and just have the healers focus on the important stuff.

Discipline is not terrible burried on the ground, but is behind all others healers. And the logs numbers and presence on the tops healers lists on each boss show it. Discipline need some buffs.

Maybe there are a discipline on a close group of hi skilled guys...but that doesnt means discipline is op. Also you said it like if only used disciplines to heal hahaha. Also you dont bring sure info...what if the guy loved discipline and played it even if other classes are better? (like a lot of people).

About the buffs, well, as I comemnt, there are some skills that are really bad...and no one can say the opposite hahaha. maybe could keep that way if they increase the dps, making us more useful to the raid beside the healing.
    Last edited by Franarok; 2016-10-03 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nietz View Post
    I use VuhDo ... but I'll tell you what I really want. An addon that lets me add specific raid members to a separate frame so I can group up tanks, healers, and highest DPSers into a separate frame to track atonements on them. That would be sexy.

edit: If anyone knows of such a thing, or knows if VuhDo can do this, please let me know ...
    Yes VuhDo should be able to do this. Create a new panel. Add three groups to it: a tank group, healer group and 'private tanks' group. Then bring up the VuhDo unit menu (you may need to bind the special command 'menu') on select DPS players and toggle 'private tank'. If you have trouble or questions file a ticket on the VuhDo project page over on CurseForge.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    About the buffs, well, as I comemnt, there are some skills that are really bad...and no one can say the opposite hahaha. maybe could keep that way if they increase the dps, making us more useful to the raid beside the healing.
    Here's a hint: if you think PWR is bad, that might be related to why you have bad results with Disc. It's actually one of the single most incorrect things you could possibly say about the entire spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Here's a hint: if you think PWR is bad, that might be related to why you have bad results with Disc. It's actually one of the single most incorrect things you could possibly say about the entire spec.
    Well PW: R itself is bad IMO. In terms of it's atonement application and not the 3 atonements per cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Well PW: R itself is bad IMO. In terms of it's atonement application and not the 3 atonements per cast.
    None of that makes any sense. It's the most powerful spell Disc has aside from Light's Wrath and every log of every decently performing Disc you can find uses more mana on PWR than any other spell we have. It's not "bad" in any way.

Currently Shadow but will spec swap

How is Disc in M+ (8 to 10) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zepp View Post
    What's the point of Shadow Covenant? If it is really the worst/trap talent why did that pass the beta? Isn't that against Blizz talent philosophy?
    Shadow Covenant isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's a decently sized group heal and eats up any overhealing. There's a lot of times where there's one big AoE damage like on the first boss in Black Rook Hold, and then no damage for 6+ seconds, so the debuff from Shadow Covenant just falls off. The only bad thing about it is that you lose the 3 target Atonement that Power Word: Radiance brings. I probably wouldn't run it in raids, but it's decent in 5 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    Yes VuhDo should be able to do this. Create a new panel. Add three groups to it: a tank group, healer group and 'private tanks' group. Then bring up the VuhDo unit menu (you may need to bind the special command 'menu') on select DPS players and toggle 'private tank'. If you have trouble or questions file a ticket on the VuhDo project page over on CurseForge.
    You have no idea how much I love you right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    None of that makes any sense. It's the most powerful spell Disc has aside from Light's Wrath and every log of every decently performing Disc you can find uses more mana on PWR than any other spell we have. It's not "bad" in any way.
    Yeah re reading that, I wasn't being clear. I don't like that the additional 2 applications of atonement are based on an arbitrary range that is difficult to see majority of the time and when I have someone else already selected as my next PW: R it's annoying to have to swap who I'm going to cast it on. Sure it only takes a millisecond to change my target, but that time adds up over a fight. I just wish I had more control of who it gets applied to.

Other than that, I agree with you, it's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nietz View Post

If you're using VuhDo, I'd suggest just making a HoT Bar for Atonement. That's what I do, and it works fine.

It looks like this:

When you put Atonement on someone, it'll make a white (or whatever color) bar across their frame, that slowly depletes from right to left, showing the duration of Atonement. You can do this with any buff/debuff, IIRC.

Panels -> HoT Bars -> Type a buff/debuff name in one of the slots.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-10-03 at 10:56 PM.

casually was doing world quests on my priest alt in disc spec last week because it's faster than doing it in holy spec and then it hit me hard.... i forgot to switch my loot specialization and got the disc waist penance legendary. So i thought why not give it a try and play disc.
    Everything was completely fine i did some mythic dungeons with a premade group and even some mythic+ up to completing a level 5 key with 2 chests and i suprisingly really enjoyed the spec. However this started to fade quickly after trying to queue for pug mythic groups.... EVERYTIME something wipy happens someone trys to blame it on the fact that i play disc and they tell me i should switch to holy or some other stupid comment.
    Is it just me or are you guys experiencing similar things... if yes how do you respond or defend yourself because i tried it in multiple ways but always fear i get removed if i dont give in and say something like "i am sorry i will try harder"...Is this just the disc life? because it really makes me not want to be disc anymore even though i kinda like the spec