Poll: What do you think?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Depending on the shop, they DO have pumpkin.

Starbucks ingredients:

Milk, Pumpkin Spice Sauce [Sugar, Condensed Skim Milk, Pumpkin Puree, Contains 2% Or Less Of Fruit And Vegetable Juice For Color, Natural Flavors, Annatto, Salt, Potassium Sorbate], Brewed Espresso, Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Milk, Mono And Diglycerides, Carrageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Pumpkin Spice Topping [Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Sulfiting Agents].
    Color me wrong then.

My main point was you can make that flavor with the ingredients I mentioned.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Color me wrong then.

My main point was you can make that flavor with the ingredients I mentioned.
    It REALLY depends on the shop. I have a sauce at home for home-drinks, it's only the spices and sugar, no pumpkin.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cinnamon is the Devil's Spice. It even sounds like the word "Sin" is in it.

*hiss*

To be real, I despise cinnamon and sultanas. Yet this time of the year it seems every fucking dessert needs 1kg of it in each.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    It REALLY depends on the shop. I have a sauce at home for home-drinks, it's only the spices and sugar, no pumpkin.
    I have no investment in this argument, if we're even having one.

This however:

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Cinnamon is the Devil's Spice. It even sounds like the word "Sin" is in it.

*hiss*

To be real, I despise cinnamon and sultanas. Yet this time of the year it seems every fucking dessert needs 1kg of it in each.
    Cinnamon toast, buddy, cinnamon toast.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Devil toast, m8

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no investment in this argument, if we're even having one.

This however:

Not trying to argue, just blabbin.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

lul tennis made so many threads today.. I guess since his main was banned he has to make up for it on his alt.
    on topic: Just a hipster fad.

Deleted
    You americans are weird. Weird is ok, I still like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Devil toast, m8
    I'm going to present a simple recipe. This is just Wonder Bread, a small amount of butter, and a dash of cinnamon. Toasted to your preference, then some butter is applied, then the cinnamon.

I'm curious because there are at least seven categories of spice, and we only have one word for it in English.
    Last edited by belfpala; 2017-10-29 at 06:55 AM.

Want to easily identify counter-culture hipsters who try painfully hard to isolate themselves from their own species? Mention pumpkin spice lattes. If they say they hate them, they didn't even try one. They're intentionally attempting to sound outside the normie box by proclaiming they dislike what they perceive as the normie white girl drink.

Pumpkin Spice lattes are manufactured in scientific institutes, taste tested by analysts and experts in both culinary and psychology. The Starbucks PSL in particular is rigorously tested to ensure it satisfies as many human palettes as possible to maximize sales.

They are designed to be irresistible to almost every single human being alive. Fuck liars who act like they hate them, they never tried one or are trying to be edgy Mr. I'm-My-Own-Person.

The PSL is the climax of 20,000 years of human cooking since our ancestors spit-roasted a fish over man's first fire. Thousands of years of 100s of cultures perfecting their own foods and advancing the human recipe book has culminated into the pumpkin spice latte. They are the zenith of culinary art.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-10-29 at 07:01 AM.

When family comes to visit and we go out, we almost always stop by Starbucks and buy these. Very tasty but a lot of calories.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't stand coffee. Don't think pumpkin would make a difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    PSL is the downfall of modern society. Anyone who drinks them should be shot on sight. BTW, I voted no and hate how your are biased in your addition to "No fun allowed on my watch" at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    I still think it's got coffee in there, just the flavorings of pumpkin pie, without the pumpkin. I can't make heads or tails of it either, but if you're a basic white girl, throw on your Ugg boots and head on down to Starbucks!
    It's the spices you might use in a pumpkin pie. No pumpkin. The flavorings that you might put on processed pumpkin.
    Hmm, I'm willing to accept that pumpkin spice means the spice that goes with pumpkin... but it may or may not contain coffee either?

I might have to drink this thing and find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hmm, I'm willing to accept that pumpkin spice means the spice that goes with pumpkin... but it may or may not contain coffee either?

I'm pretty sure it's got coffee in it, being advertised as a latte. My friend just arrived here in Kuwait and I took him grocery shopping since he has no car yet, and on the way home he wanted to get a coffee and he invoked his inner white basic girl and got the PSL.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pionock View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's got coffee in it, being advertised as a latte. My friend just arrived here in Kuwait and I took him grocery shopping since he has no car yet, and on the way home he wanted to get a coffee and he invoked his inner white basic girl and got the PSL.
    I copy/pasted the ingredients for the starbucks version earlier in the thread. I imagine it's similar for other shops- but websites should list ingredients if you're wanting to try it.
    S (moderator)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

I drink all kinds of coffee. provided that they have whiskey loaded into them,

10+ Year Old Account
    I like them. Good ones are like drinking a pumpkin pie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Because they taste like pumpkin pie...which tastes like gingerbread soaked in piss.
    We're no longer friends.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't drink coffee so who am I to judge, but pumpkin and coffee doesn't sound like a good mix.

Take the coffee out and then let's talk :P
    You barely taste the coffee.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    my basic white girl genetics will not let me dislike pumpkin spice lattes
    I was just teasing my "work wife" today when she showed up with Starbucks by asking her if it was a Pumpkin Spice Latte. She responded that she wasn't no basic white girl. She's black and seemed pretty surprised she had to explain what a "basic white girl" was to me. Never heard that term in my life until today and have now heard it twice...

More OT:

I can't stand pumpkin spiced anything. Including pie. So my vote would have been: I think they taste like shit but if other people what to drink shit flavored bean water... have at it.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

In the US, a "latte" coffee drink can be two shots of espresso to a 20 fl. oz. cup of milk (about 600 ml). It's fucking milk, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.