Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are the actual features its bringing?

Random islands spawning. new sub-races, only 6 though. 20m PvE builds your own fort raid. World Scaling for everyone zone. Also a new artifact progression except with 3 "Sets" of gear. Literally, that's it. Dungeons the same. WPVP the same except you don't have to go to group finder to join a pvp server. LOL. However, we still have yet to go into discussion on topics, but this is worrysom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    Random islands spawning. new sub-races, only 6 though. 20m PvE builds your own fort raid. World Scaling for everyone zone. Also a new artifact progression except with 3 "Sets" of gear. Literally, that's it. Dungeons the same. WPVP the same except you don't have to go to group finder to join a pvp server. LOL. However, we still have yet to go into discussion on topics, but this is worrysom.
    Lets complain when there is a final product? The Azerite sets are 3 for now. The subraces are 6 for now.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Lets complain when there is a final product? The Azerite sets are 3 for now. The subraces are 6 for now.
    There's no final product, yet, the only basis to talk about is what has been announced.
    And Blizzard has a great track record of shelving out a final product that is greatly cut from what has been promised, so i think OP's worries are justified.
    Besides, the "features" of this "expansion" are in fact lackluster.

What Gehco said with the "subraces" 6 for now as it did say "more planned" at the end on the announcement, meaning we'll get more in the future, possibly even in the same expansion.
    Also "only" 6? That's more races in one launch than we've gotten across all the expansions put together.

Though I do agree with lovechia as well, there is a reason for concern since Blizzard have promised things and cut things in the past.

Then again less new features overall than most expansions means less to focus on so it'll probably be more managable to get them all done?

I like how you listed everything out, which is actually a sizable amount of content, and then claim its not.

What did Legion have besides quests, dungeons, raids, and pvp?

World Quests. Grind artifact power. A new class, but it starts at 98, so basically you can't even participate in lower level content with it. Mythic +, which had high replayability. That's it. See, when I list it like that, it doesn't sound like a lot. But Legion has been praised as the most content-rich expansion ever created. So, let's ACTUALLY see what we have in store for us in BoA.

We're getting a cool new PvE/PvP mode in Island Exploration, which sounds like it has TONS of replayable value. 6 new races, each with questlines attached to them, and they start at 20, so you get much more longevity out of them when you play through older stuff (which is now far less obnoxious due to QoL stuff). Also, there's 6 right NOW, but later? They said they want to add more.

Further expansion of the Mythic + system, which also has high replayability (I wonder if the new dungeons will replace the current pool of dungeons, or if they'll be added to the pool). The Heart and its associated grind. Expanding upon the World Quest system, which has some kind of "Grand War Campaign" attached to it now. Plus, the Warcraft III throwback, which looks rather interesting and could be expanded upon in the future.

Not to mention, the old world overhauls. Like, in the feature trailer, you had what looked to be a restored Arathi Highlands. And, if the Alliance is taking Undercity and the Horde burning Teldrassil, then there's the potential for a LOT of things to change.

Like every other expansion, its a mix of new features and the expansion of older, successful ones. If you didn't like it then, that's fine, you're allowed to have opinions. But the successful features (Mythic +, Scaling, etc.) are coming back, and the unsuccessful ones (Garrison missions, followers) are presumably being phased out in favor of new things. There's PLENTY of content. But is there plenty of enjoyable content? Only you can answer that question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lovechia View Post
    There's no final product, yet, the only basis to talk about is what has been announced.
    And Blizzard has a great track record of shelving out a final product that is greatly cut from what has been promised, so i think OP's worries are justified.
    Besides, the "features" of this "expansion" are in fact lackluster.
    But not really much lackluster in the end. There is quite a lot of features but the big ones were good ideas from previous content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Not sure. I think i have just lost all faith in Blizzard...unless there is more info to come or it hasnt all made it to MMO. What i have read is terribly disappointing...starting with our Artifact weapons, there were only 2 paths Blizz could take...get rid of them(which is a terrible idea) or evolve the system by having our character create our OWN Artifact weapon, and legacy.

So, from what i have read i just dont see anything thats actually new and fresh. Everything thats listed is just old stuff prettied up into something "new".

Oh well.....I cant say i will skip this expansion, but again from whats listed i cant see any of this holding my interest for more than a month or 2. At least with Legion there were things i was excited to read about and was looking forward to experiencing......even WOD had some things i was looking forward too, but i only ended up subbed for 2 months in WOD, and enjoyed Legion for 6 before taking a break. Sadly nothing excites me here.

I'm not surprised they've released so little information. Consider that even including something on a prerelease map is enough to make people shout about cut content. I'm not surprised at all that they gave us the bear bones, broad strokes look at the expac. We'll likely hear much more after 7.3.5 releases and things get more and more finished.

Seems all over the place but with nothing substantial to make people want to play it. I told a buddy of mine who is playing EQ2 about the xpac reveal. Told him the details and he said "meh, why would I come back for that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    The way I see it, is you take what you have right now in Legion (World quests, dungeons/raid, etc.), remove the garrison/order hall stuff, and instead add the islands expeditions/warfronts.

So... seems to me we have more content than Legion, but now we actually have to do something with the features of this expansion, instead of sending a bunch of followers on missions, we do the actual work.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I don't see any possible value in each expansions except for the new actual places, zones, dungeons, raids, and it will have all that I don't see what could we want more

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been out of the loop most of the day due to work. Did they say anything about flying in the new zones yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Seems all over the place but with nothing substantial to make people want to play it. I told a buddy of mine who is playing EQ2 about the xpac reveal. Told him the details and he said "meh, why would I come back for that?"
    Well that's unfair, can't compare to EQ that always had massive amount of content with a steady stream of more.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Well that's unfair, can't compare to EQ that always had massive amount of content with a steady stream of more.

I didn't compare anything. Simply stated that my buddy who plays EQ2 isn't interested in what this new xpac has shown. The point of that is to say "some who played WoW before aren't finding much interesting in this new xpac announcement"

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    I didn't compare anything. Simply stated that my buddy who plays EQ2 isn't interested in what this new xpac has shown. The point of that is to say "some who played WoW before aren't finding much interesting in this new xpac announcement"
    Dude, if your friend is happy with EQ2, frankly it's unlikely anything could bring him back to WoW, so it doesn't tell us anything interesting.

I say this because EQ2 is terrible. It's just awful. On pretty much every level. If you are playing it, it's because you want something VERY PECULIAR that only EQ2 provides, most likely - like for example it's weird deal where you change factions, or the awful-but-hypnotic crafting system.

You don't "Come back to WoW" from EQ2. Not in 2017. If you're playing EQ2 in 2017, you have fairly interestingly strange priorities. You might as well have shown the trailer to a friend who plays GW1 and then been surprised he wasn't interested.

Deleted
    What I want to see are the class changes... Legion is a great expansion don't get me wrong, BUT I do not approve of the class design at all. Over pruned, mind numbing nonsense, that's what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by phealin View Post
    What Gehco said with the "subraces" 6 for now as it did say "more planned" at the end on the announcement, meaning we'll get more in the future, possibly even in the same expansion.
    Also "only" 6? That's more races in one launch than we've gotten across all the expansions put together.
    But they aren't new races at all, but just new skins for existing races. This is more like the amount of work that it took to say, maybe the designs of the demon hunters minus the demon hunter specific introduction experience. They are recycling the skeletons of existing races, likely large portions of the customization. They are making new skins and by the looks of that void elf, a few new hairstyles and a set of racial armor. They will probably have a unique voice clip list, again, like the demon hunter, but most, if not all, of the animations are likely going to be recycled. These sub races are in the game for the most part already and recycle those animations. Why would that change?

So much of the work of adding a full new race is coming up with all those animations, building a unique set to compliment a new skeleton and then building new starting zones and all the quests and lore and worldbuilding associated with that. The reason these characters start at 20 isn't because that shows how they aren't newbs (because who honestly wouldn't consider a level 20 still a baby character?) It is so they could avoid the starting zones and have them just funneled into the part of the experience where the characters of all races of a faction, or even all factions, converges.

These should not be expected to be truly realized races, but fun skins for an existing race. Like in Overwatch when you get Mercy the devil skin, she doesn't change who she is or what she does. She is just Mercy in a devil skin. Void elves are going to essentially be blood elves in a void skin and share all the animations we have had since BC with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Dude, if your friend is happy with EQ2, frankly it's unlikely anything could bring him back to WoW, so it doesn't tell us anything interesting.

I say this because EQ2 is terrible. It's just awful. On pretty much every level. If you are playing it, it's because you want something VERY PECULIAR that only EQ2 provides, most likely - like for example it's weird deal where you change factions, or the awful-but-hypnotic crafting system.

You don't "Come back to WoW" from EQ2. Not in 2017. If you're playing EQ2 in 2017, you have fairly interestingly strange priorities. You might as well have shown the trailer to a friend who plays GW1 and then been surprised he wasn't interested.

I really hope you have been drinking. I'll leave it at that.

Deleted
    I think people forget that this game is over 10 years old. All the major devs have left, freemium model is slowly making its entrance. They are setting up for that. They are solely expanding the lifespan of the game with all the random generated stuff with minimum effort. That's also the reason they won't give you the sub numbers. People would figure out 1 +1 = 2.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2017-11-04 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Problem is that the core ideas for an xpac are usually better than the final product.

The fact that everyone seems underwhelmed at the core ideas is a massive problem.
    There is the sad paradox of a world which is more and more sensitive about being politically correct, almost to the point of ridicule, yet does not wish to acknowledge or to respect believers’ faith in God