Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who said it would by the same Hyjal and Uldum? The idea I can gather is people would like a new high level zone in the vain of plaugelands or silithus (being higher end zones) with content that is focused around the max level, so it would be t1/t2/t3 level.

Not exactly sure where a difficulty is. It would not be skipping anything if its roughly the same level as other content.
    I guess it's just extremely badly phrased. It should be "Would you like completely new expansions that have nothing to do with what was originally released?"
    It's just confusing that the first question asks if you want TBC (in other words, but that's what it really means) and then asks if you want the content of that expansion or not.

Basically people want something that is not TBC, but they want expansions, that don't have any levels, so we will be stuck at Naxx ilvl forever, or there's more ilvl for the same lvl cap which means the game will need even more catch up mechanics.

None of these options are really good, both comes with a ton of problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf are these questions lol

I'm intrigued by "classic expansions" and unavailable raids. It almost sounds like they're considering adding new content to Vanilla? Or at least adding all the stuff they planned that was later scrapped (Hyjal, old Outland, Emerald Dream, Grim Batol etc).

This could conceivably create an entirely separate fork of the game.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fascinating survey. I think some answers people are being pretty dumb on, but that's because most of them never played Vanilla.

DM, for example, was added 3 months in. When it got added, the number of people who were even above 40, let alone 60, was fucking TINY, so really, the idea that it shouldn't be in at release, when it covers a really SHITTY window XP-wise.

But it looks like in most things I agree with the majority, interestingly. A lot of the majorities are pretty narrow though.

I do like this idea of "Classic Expansions", a sort of "alternate reality" development of WoW, that could be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm intrigued by "classic expansions" and unavailable raids. It almost sounds like they're considering adding new content to Vanilla? Or at least adding all the stuff they planned that was later scrapped (Hyjal, old Outland, Emerald Dream, Grim Batol etc).

This could conceivably create an entirely separate fork of the game.
    This is a fan thing, not an official survey, but it is definitely an interesting idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jparratt View Post
    Wtf are these questions lol
    If you actually played Vanilla these questions should be pretty straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Well I lol'd
    Doubling the rate from vanilla ain't fucking worth 15 extra usd.... Paying more than the monthly sub for pay2win. Fuck.

The only one I was kinda surprised was people not wanting other tanks to be viable in 40man raids.

Like... why? It won't even be a difficult fix either: give paladins taunt, and give Def Rating on leather items for bears.

interesting, around 15k samples, it could roughly translated that it represents about 300k to 500k players?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Fascinating survey. I think some answers people are being pretty dumb on, but that's because most of them never played Vanilla.

DM, for example, was added 3 months in. When it got added, the number of people who were even above 40, let alone 60, was fucking TINY, so really, the idea that it shouldn't be in at release, when it covers a really SHITTY window XP-wise.

But it looks like in most things I agree with the majority, interestingly. A lot of the majorities are pretty narrow though.

I do like this idea of "Classic Expansions", a sort of "alternate reality" development of WoW, that could be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a fan thing, not an official survey, but it is definitely an interesting idea.

- - - Updated - - -

If you actually played Vanilla these questions should be pretty straightforward.
    I did play vanilla, I'm mostly talking about the lfr, flying mount questions. I don't understand why they'd even put those up for polling.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jparratt View Post
    I did play vanilla, I'm mostly talking about the lfr, flying mount questions. I don't understand why they'd even put those up for polling.
    So you can get a definite answer - there are a couple where I voted in what I felt was a "bold" way, like viewdistance and new graphics being an option, and found that 70%+ of people agreed with me.

I mean, it'd be good for shutting down future debates/demands. 95% of people oppose flying mounts, 90% oppose LFR, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    The only one I was kinda surprised was people not wanting other tanks to be viable in 40man raids.

Like... why? It won't even be a difficult fix either: give paladins taunt, and give Def Rating on leather items for bears.
    Yea, this is puzzling. Do really people enjoy useless specs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    So you can get a definite answer - there are a couple where I voted in what I felt was a "bold" way, like viewdistance and new graphics being an option, and found that 70%+ of people agreed with me.

I mean, it'd be good for shutting down future debates/demands. 95% of people oppose flying mounts, 90% oppose LFR, etc.
    Sure, I just don't think they should of even been in blizzards minds regarding vanilla, but sure, if it shuts down them asking again I'm ok with it

15+ Year Old Account
    It's so simple to me: Everything that doesn't affect the original pace of the game can be implemented without a problem.

Guild Vaults? Yes, 'cause needing to manage a guild-bank charachter is just a pain in the ass, and implementing guild vaults affects the gameplay in no way.
    Same goes for the Graphics, and for summoning meeting stones 'cause summon was there anyway.
    Being able to choose your role independent of class, i.e. classes not being role-locked? absolutely fucking yes, 'cause the game was designed for paladins to be able to tank right from the start, just in a poor way.
    Dual spec? No way. respeccing required a lot of money and making money was a pain in the ass, it was part of the gameplay. the game doesn't need you to respec, it's your choice.
    improved leveling rate? nope. leveling was hard, was the way you had to make connection with people before joining a guild at max level etc.

you get where i'm going.

as for instances and raid, i think instances should all be there at the start, as should zg so that we have a 5-mans->UBRS->ZG->MC progression that makes sense for gearing and stuff.
    Not the same for higher-tier raids, just to give a break to people when they finish MC, and this includes AQ20 as it ties to AQ40 release and event (which of course should be 1-time. you either are cool or don't deserve your scarab lord title)
    Gorund - Panjen
    You know you've played too much WoW when you gratz the Microwave

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I think all the No's were just warriors feeling threatened at the prospect of other classes taking their precious tanking spots.

Should rename them to Worriers.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    They do in THEORY. I think once the Classic servers hit beta, a number of "broken specs R fine" opinions will begin to change. I notice already a narrow majority would prefer some balance changes as things go forwards, and a very large majority prefer later rather than earlier balancing.

Deleted
    the game isnt even out yet but hybrids are already salty, vanilla experience guaranteed

I voted No on pretty much all of it, but I can see Legion players, or people who aren't passionate about Vanilla, just voting for things to be easy and available right away because they only plan to try it once

10+ Year Old Account
    That's interesting, though so far a majority would like to see some kind of classic expansion at one point, the majority also wants them to stay on the existing continents, and on level 60.

The poll results don't seem too indicative of the Classic Community's wishes to be honest - plus some of the questions are very ambiguous and worded poorly.

The class balance question for instance -- the majority of the Legacy Community is against changes (incl. Class Balance), yet the question reads more like "Do you think Blizzard should change classes periodically between patch 1.1 to 1.12?" Because changes DID occur within Vanilla -- most people are just against non-vanilla changes.

This poll was also reposted on the hugely popular r/wow which is VERY anti-legacy, so I think it's safe to assume the poll has been tampered with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Who's "you guys"?
    The ones that wanted an official vanilla server?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    The poll results don't seem too indicative of the Classic Community's wishes to be honest - plus some of the questions are very ambiguous and worded poorly.

The class balance question for instance -- the majority of the Legacy Community is against changes (incl. Class Balance), yet the question reads more like "Do you think Blizzard should change classes periodically between patch 1.1 to 1.12?" Because changes DID occur within Vanilla -- most people are just against non-vanilla changes.

This poll was also reposted on the hugely popular r/wow which is VERY anti-legacy, so I think it's safe to assume the poll has been tampered with.
    In the light of the earlier/later question regarding class balance, I actually read it as "should the team continue "balancing" following their original balancing philosophy".