Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rootkitt View Post
    Of course its not, because your (and everyone else's) Vanilla experience is not re-creatable. It is based in nostalgia and through rose-tinted glasses. People are now trying to mold the upcoming Classic into what sounds most interesting to them. Blizzard isn't making us a time machine where they introduce patch by patch. Even that will be boring, as every update will already be known, everything already min-maxed decided... it wouldn't feel anything like Vanilla either. Instead they are trying to give us a unique Vanilla experience that plays on our nostalgia.
    Again, might as well play retail then.
    The zones are still there.

Seems to be a misconception about increasing the level cap in "classic expansions". Does this mean TBC expansion? if so I really down most people want to keep the level cap at 60. I best most people misunderstood the question, along with the one or two that follow about continents. Unless I'm the one misunderstanding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    That's interesting, though so far a majority would like to see some kind of classic expansion at one point, the majority also wants them to stay on the existing continents, and on level 60.
    I think most people misunderstood the question; i did originally. It's a confusing question IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    So... I get that they ask which Classic features should be implemented, if they have been into some later patches (the 1.x numbers). What I don't get is why they are asking for adding features which have never been in Classic. This is quite disgusting.

Like, Classic zealots shit constantly on later game iterations, especially many QoL features, and then these fuckers should be given exactly this? WTF?

If they get features which have been implemented in TBC or later, then this is not Classic anymore. Go DIAF.
    Who's "they"? Is it so hard to understand this poll was neither made nor sanctioned by Blizzard? They are supposedly "monitoring" it - in the same way they are "monitoring" News at 6 in their breakroom, I would assume.

Designing Classic using a poll is generally a terrible idea, seeing as listening to popular opinion on WoW has gotten the game to where it is today. I pretty much hope it does not even occur to them to run an official poll on Classic. OK maybe they COULD run it, but dear god don't let the plebs decide what Classic should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Morssoe View Post
    That poll is fucked up. Why would you vote for battle master then not dual spec? It says that you want to slack on something but not on the other, like you don't want to run to instance but rather farm tons of gold to respec. Hallooo?!?!?!?
    Except battlemasters existed in Vanilla and dual spec didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorund View Post
    It's so simple to me: Everything that doesn't affect the original pace of the game can be implemented without a problem.

Guild Vaults? Yes, 'cause needing to manage a guild-bank charachter is just a pain in the ass, and implementing guild vaults affects the gameplay in no way.
    Same goes for the Graphics, and for summoning meeting stones 'cause summon was there anyway.
    Being able to choose your role independent of class, i.e. classes not being role-locked? absolutely fucking yes, 'cause the game was designed for paladins to be able to tank right from the start, just in a poor way.
    Dual spec? No way. respeccing required a lot of money and making money was a pain in the ass, it was part of the gameplay. the game doesn't need you to respec, it's your choice.
    improved leveling rate? nope. leveling was hard, was the way you had to make connection with people before joining a guild at max level etc.

you get where i'm going.

as for instances and raid, i think instances should all be there at the start, as should zg so that we have a 5-mans->UBRS->ZG->MC progression that makes sense for gearing and stuff.
    Not the same for higher-tier raids, just to give a break to people when they finish MC, and this includes AQ20 as it ties to AQ40 release and event (which of course should be 1-time. you either are cool or don't deserve your scarab lord title)
    So we are clear, 90 percent of MC gear is considerably worse than ZG. ZG is meant to act as a catch up and the stuff you can obtain from it completely trivializes MC and parts of BWL.

You should not want ZG at launch unless you want Naxx at launch too, because as it stands ZG is the only raid worth doing once it comes out AND it can be done more than once a week.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    This poll seems a little tilted in the direction of the non-legacy crowd, but i answered honestly and thoughtfully none-the-less, so....

I really really REALLY hope that this will eventually lead to a server choice option with "Classic". One for Pure Vanilla Bean and one for "Sprinkles" (QoL, Fixes and most content implemented from the start) - and before anyone starts flaming me, i have not seen in ANY interview or article where they said that multiple versions of classic were not an option, so think on it and you just might arrive at the conclusion i did - give Vanilla to the hardcore fans, and give "Classic" with QoL to the remaining interested parties who just want to say "Yeah, i played original WoW" to their friends and quit a month in.

I am a Vanilla baby (patch 1.3 is when i started playing) and really would like to actually experience the game as i remember it (no, my rose-tinted spectacles are not on) Basically saying that i want the Difficulty and inaccessibility back in the game.
    For example:
    Some of my fondest memories are of my friends & I trying to run (yes, that's right...run...on foot) up through the Redridge Mountains north into the Burning Steppes. It was maddening just trying to get to the flight point just west of the path there...we were so close and had NO idea that we weren't supposed to be there at level 18...this element of danger is what i miss the most about WoW...feeling like at any moment and with little warning you can just get facerolled by mobs and have to start over again trying to do what you were trying to do.
    Look, i'm smart enough to know that the feeling of discovery and newness will not be there anymore, no matter how hard i try to recapture it, but the element of accomplishment and feeling of getting things done will still be there and i would like to have that feeling back as current WoW is nowhere close to having that feeling anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Wonder why some questions are so close, like guild banks, and class balance

Surprised people voted yes for,"Would you like to see new raids and dungeons added that were hinted at during vanilla, but never implemented (such as Grim Batol, Uldum, Hyjal, etc.)?" Thought I'd be the only one.

Sorta wish people voted yes for arena system and duel spec. Think that'd be cool.

Pretty interesting responses to,"Would you like an option to display updated graphics from later expansions?" And the question about auto looting.
    I voted yes to the hinted at raids, class balance, extra tanks, as well as for dual spec. Arena, no thanks.

As for the other bits I figured they would've added them in as QoL and to draw people in to try it out , but nice to see they wanted some feedback on it. Also thought they would've went for adding an achievement system that was just nerd points (no mounts/titles) since people seem to just like the random shinnies these days.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they update the graphics and screw up the way nights were back in vanilla, I won't be playing. The feel of duskwood at night was awesome. Nothing like it is today at all. That is the main reason why i voted against updated graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Would you like to see classic expansions implemented at some point in the life of Classic?
    66% Yes

Should classic expansions increase the level cap or remain at level 60?
    72% Remain at 60

Should classic expansions use other continents or should all new zones be part of the existing continents?
    62% Use existing continent only.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. You want TBC but you don't want outlands and you don't want the 10 more lvls and the skills and talents that come with it?

What the fuck do you want? There's nothing else, TBC was a continent and 10 lvls, but you don't want that... but you want TBC? You.. what? I don't even. This community is more retarded than I thought.
    There's nothing there that says anything about TBC though? It's classic expansions, as in new zones for classic. Not TBC expansion. I wouldn't mind them adding new zones to the classic version of the game, to give us more to do.

They also had a question about if we wanted TBC servers released at some point, and if we wanted the option to be able to copy our classic chars over. In other words: New servers but with TBC, that are seperate from the Classic servers we get now. So we get the option to either play Classic or TBC, which I find amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Well, it's quite obvious that most people interested in it are PvPers. Majority want none of the dungeons and raids, but they do want the BGs. I won't be rolling on Classic, that's for sure.
    I mean.. no? What? Battlegrounds aren't like Raids at all. I voted yes to every BG and dungeon being in, but no to every raid being available at launch. BGs don't impact you like that. You don't have to grind world PvP in order to get gear to go into Arathi Basin in order to get gear to go into WSG to get gear to go into AV. If you did, I would have voted no on all of the bgs.

I would fucking kill myself if I had to raid with a guild that was doing progression non-stop forever. I did that shit in Legion and it was AIDS. Cleared Mythic EN the week after ToV came out. Was progressing on M ToV until NH came out. FINALLY after over a year of progression raiding did I get a break and go on farm. It kills a playerbase to do that. Having all of the raids at launch just doesn't make any sense. Raiders want to clear the raids and have time to chill. We don't want this awful race to be the first guild to clear Naxx meaning we have to farm dungeons nonstop until we farm MC nonstop until we farm BWL nonstop and so on. Having all of the raids out at launch would kill the fun of them all minus Naxx. They would ALL feel like a meaningless grind that you have to do to get to Naxx instead of being their own cool thing for the time period that they're out on.

Deleted
    Holy molly, why there's a 50/50 for the crap cross battle realms ?

We are doomed by morons

"Would you like an option to pay an additional $15/month to double your leveling rate?"

The fuck is wrong with some people.

What we learned from this poll is that, no matter what Blizzard delivers, there will be a lot of crying anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsumaki View Post
    Holy molly, why there's a 50/50 for the crap cross battle realms ?

We are doomed by morons
    It was re-posted on R/WoW which has been a very toxic Anti-Legacy community.

You know, at first I wanted pure classic... but this poll makes me think there should be both a pure classic realm and a experimental realm where they do these "classic expansions" like mentioned in the poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to just tune all (yes, all) of you people out and re-release the original game, as it was, with the same patch/content rollout. Start it with MC, then BWL, then AQ, then Naxx.

Fix the gamebreaking bugs, sure, and implement stuff to fight things like bots... but the game itself needs to be the original World of Warcraft.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    It bothers me that so many people (70% ?!) want Classic "expansions" with original content. At the time of this post, more people want Classic "expansions" and additional raids than they do new character models and class balancing. What is this really about? Nostalgia, or an attempt to hijack the game?

It's pretty hypocritical that you don't want a cyclical AQ event (therefore allowing people to experience this slice of Classic history in the future), but you DO want new content for yourselves based around your "rules" (no LFD, no transmog, linear progression, grind, class imbalance, etc.), even if this would bastardize the concept of genuine Classic servers completely.

P.S. And of course the PvP-ers want to have PvP content right away, but the raids and dungeons should respect their historic release schedule. Of course.
    Refer to my last post for the PvP thing. Raiders are voting for it too since it literally doesn't matter? It isn't a progression based system from WPvP to WG to AB to AV where you have to constantly grind better and better gear for each new BG to be available to you. Raiders don't want to have to continually progress through instances forever. Being on farm is a godsend when it finally happens. Means you can relax and do other things after 3-4 months of progressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    What we learned from this poll is that, no matter what Blizzard delivers, there will be a lot of crying anyways.
    Um... duh. That's the way its always been. :P
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

So basically, the majority of folks think that PVP battlegrounds should and early patch raids/dungeons should be available with launch, and the bigger raids released later on. That makes a lot of sense, actually. No point in releasing PVP options later on, and early raids/dungeons will give players something to do when they first get join instead of waiting around for them to be released.

We'll see what Blizz decides to to, but if anyone thought this is going to be 100% classic WoW, then that person is willfully blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Blizzard needs to just tune all (yes, all) of you people out and re-release the original game, as it was, with the same patch/content rollout. Start it with MC, then BWL, then AQ, then Naxx.

Fix the gamebreaking bugs, sure, and implement stuff to fight things like bots... but the game itself needs to be the original World of Warcraft.
    So they should tune out the majority and listen to the minority? That doesn't even make any sense.