Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Returning to WoW and gearing up Solo is the hardest thing ever.

For the first time ever i experience this myself.

I always had my Mythic raiding guild and friends have my back when it came to gearing alts, from 110 to mythic ready in a week wasn't something i even had to think about, it just happened.

But now everyone has quit, and i returned to the game solo trying to gear my washed up 880 geared DPS character.

And boy it is a nightmare.

The requirements for Dungeons and Raids we used to make fun of? They are hitting me right in the face. 930+ for a +5 Mythic dungeon. 935+ for Heroic Tomb of Sargeras.

For the first time ever i am feeling unable to progress, to continue. The worldquests are capped out, i got all my 910 relinquished gear and yet its completely and utterly impossible to get into anything. 910 is not enough, not nearly.

All these people that complained about this shit for years, i feel you now.

But you can get to 930 with relinquished gear. Two legendaries (one is bought from the AH) and two 935+ crafted pieces, plus one 930 from the greater invasion each week.

Deleted
    Gearing up solo is the easiest thing to do right now. With WF/TF you can get high ilvl from relinquished gear. Also drops from greater invasions, weekly quests, timewalking, legendaries dropping from everything. Right now you can get 900+ gear from the anniversary bosses, and that's 3 per DAY you can kill. I have 5 toons with 930+ ilvl without any raiding and only 2 M+10 clears between them. The gearing catch up mechanics right now are ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilchasRuin View Post
    Gearing up solo is the easiest thing to do right now. With WF/TF you can get high ilvl from relinquished gear. Also drops from greater invasions, weekly quests, timewalking, legendaries dropping from everything. Right now you can get 900+ gear from the anniversary bosses, and that's 3 per DAY you can kill. I have 5 toons with 930+ ilvl without any raiding and only 2 M+10 clears between them. The gearing catch up mechanics right now are ridiculous.
    all this means that stuff actually drops tho. 2 weeks so far and no drops from worldbosses, raidfinder or invasions. all gear i got so far was either worldquests and a bunch of 910 items (which i cant actually use because 80% procc with versatility, my worst stat by far)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post

I always had my Mythic raiding guild and friends have my back when it came to gearing alts, from 110 to mythic ready in a week wasn't something i even had to think about, it just happened.

But now everyone has quit, and i returned to the game solo trying to gear my washed up 880 geared DPS character.

The requirements for Dungeons and Raids we used to make fun of? They are hitting me right in the face. 930+ for a +5 Mythic dungeon. 935+ for Heroic Tomb of Sargeras.

For the first time ever i am feeling unable to progress, to continue. The worldquests are capped out, i got all my 910 relinquished gear and yet its completely and utterly impossible to get into anything. 910 is not enough, not nearly.

guildie dinged to 110 2 days ago, she was 738. now, she is 905. play smarter, not harder

I feel like you've only played for maybe an hour. I had a friend who hasn't played since TBC come back, lvl a fresh toon with no boosts, and is 935 after two weeks. Most of what he did was done solo as well. Gearing up to 930 is quite possibly the easiest its ever been in WoW. Either we aren't playing the same game, or you're doing something wrong, or just flat out lying just to complain. I'm not sure which.

Deleted
    I'd stop being so fussy about the stats on gear if you're 880 ilvl. Just use whatever gets you the highest ilvl so you're not rejected for those +5 Mythic dungeons or Heroic ToS, then worry about stats once you're able to do relevant content and getting higher ilvl drops. The opportunities are there to gear up very easily solo, sounds like you've just had bad luck (are you getting your 3 bonus rolls each week?) and worrying too much about stats at such a low ilvl.

Solo gearing is easy, you're probably just being inefficient.

Learn how to farm argunite and use the relinquished vendor. That's all it takes.

Deleted

It has never been easier. How do you think people managed in previous expansions? Now THAT was a nightmare..

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I cannot believe that this is a real post. With LFR/LFD and welfare legendarys and all the other "quality of life" things in Wow now this is absolutely not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    But you can get to 930 with relinquished gear. Two legendaries (one is bought from the AH) and two 935+ crafted pieces, plus one 930 from the greater invasion each week.
    Yeah, if you're lucky enough to actually get one every week. I didn't get a single item in the 6 weeks that I did it before my sub ran out.

I have 3 characters at 930 who have never been in a raid or mythic plus.

I have a main and 3 alts at 928+/-2 from relinquished gear, crafted items, 2 equipped legendaries and the weekly greater invasion.

I run no group content at all, apart from the very occasional LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's really easy to gear up solo with all the catch up options. The problem is when you are trying to run group content. People are asking for ridiculously high item levels for easy content. Its fine. They have the right to ask for dumb stuff if its their run. As is always the case though, you can organize your own runs and set the requirements wherever you want. Heroic ToS was tuned with an assumption that everyone would have 900 item level gear +2 legendaries. If you wanted to make your run with a 905 item level requirement, then you can easily clear everything as long as people are doing mechanics. Hell, set your run at 910 minimum since people can just buy the relinquished gear now. You'll do fine. Antorus LFR wing 1 comes out in 2 weeks as well with 915 gear. You can get a few more pieces from those.

rly dude, you can farm 930 gear with ease, i geared my dk alt to 930+ in like 2 weeks max, just by buying gear for argunite

Got my mage to 937 with solo content/world bosses. I am for sure not the only one who got to that, or an even higher ilvl.
    What you claim is simply not true.

Currently the game is a blast to play new characters or gear up forgotten ones.

depends on your RNG luck with WF/TF procs. sure if you farm enough u will get the procs, but if were used to carries for gear, then yes it will seem harder. Reality is its just more RNG based. had a friend come back, dings 110 gets just enough stuff on Argus for a trinket, fraker procs a 935 arcano crystal... since then he has multiple 930+ procs and barely plays.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

So you were a mythic raider who can't figure out how to gear now?

3/10. get out.

15+ Year Old Account

Doubt you'll get much support here especially with Classic on everyone's mind. Hell, I got my DK from level 100-110 and 897 ilvl just over this last weekend!

But I do get the jist of your issues. Peoples standards are just fucking stupid!! I was rejected multiple times when queued for +10 yesterday on my druid at my 942 equipped ilvl. I see nubs wanting carries on the usual +5 asking for "big dicks only". Because of this, I haven't even bothered running mythic+ on alts.
    I feel your pain with crap drop rates. I killed every greater invasion boss on 2 toons with bonus rolls, and had not got a single drop. Wasn't until this week actually that I got loot (and that was on my fresh DK yay!).

But all in all, gearing is easy AF. We have reached a point in WoW where the next step is Blizz just mailing us free epics for logging in.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted

It's easy, just a different kind of playstyle:

- crafted items are cheap, and really DIRT cheap if you can do them yourself - that's 2 slots off your mind
    - relinquished in whatever slots you need to prop up (you can do 1-2 pieces a day very easily with some light farming, just do some invasions and argunite quests)
    - after that you keep gambling relinquished tokens for trinkets, lucky proc can give you something powerful
    - you need at least 1 Mythic 10+ per week, can easily do it with ilvl 925-930, people are more lenient the closer you are to reset
    - kill and coin the greater invasion world boss ofc, maybe coin the Broken Shore boss too
    - 2x legendaries are a must, but I guess you have those, if not, you soon will
    - always grab any opportunity loot: today/tomorrow is dungeon week for example, that's a freebie hc ToS item; anniversary is ongoing, that's free 900 gear from world bosses, it's shit, but shit loot can proc and, with luck, fill a slot

930 is very easy, 935 is fairly easy. After that diminishing returns kick in, your gear progression slows down, but you're less of a pariah and so M+ groups will take you.

You pretty much just need to be persistent, of course you'll need to apply to 10-20 M+ groups before you get invited, of course you'll need 20+ relinquished rolls per one good trinket. This is catchup, not free shit. You fell off the threadmill, now you need to push yourself back. It was never really easy to climb back (if you compare to being in an active guild and just soaking all the raid loot week after week)... but the good thing is it was also never easier that now with all the extra loot sources.

Also, all of this is rng, so ofc you can get a shit streak and get nothing after a few days of grinding. Keep at it - RNG is working in your favor each time you roll the dice (and doubly so because all coin rolls and legendary sources have streak protection).
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2017-11-21 at 04:33 PM.