Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That's the basis of creativity, y'know?

Neither do Bards infringe on other classes, FYI.
    Theres a difference between being creative and just creating a turd.

Also, you might wanna read the second part of my sentence you quoted about brand new lore on the spot for some left field class. You might of missed it.

Look, its fine if you like Bards or x and you dont like Tinkers or y. Maybe one day we'll get a bard class, who knows. But as of now, theres nothing to support its addition of a Bard aside from just being standard fantasy RPG element.

Possible spec ideas: healing, using spellsong; spellcaster DPS with spellsongs; ranged physical DPS with some spellsong abilities; melee physical dps with some spellsong abilities.
    I'm guessing that class will be introduced in WoW: The Musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiradyn View Post
    I'm guessing that class will be introduced in WoW: The Musical.
    You joke, but we did get WoD.

Also an expansion like BFA wouldn't be the worst theme to add a Bard in. It's about War and Adventure, having a Bard around is good fun mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Theres a difference between being creative and just creating a turd.

Also, you might wanna read the second part of my sentence you quoted about brand new lore on the spot for some left field class. You might of missed it.

Look, its fine if you like Bards or x and you dont like Tinkers or y. Maybe one day we'll get a bard class, who knows. But as of now, theres nothing to support its addition of a Bard aside from just being standard fantasy RPG element.
    Why not? There are bard characters in WoW already, and even a whole faction of bards, the Lorewalkers.

I could 100% see being a dragonsworn (or similiarly named class) being possible. Blizzard has hinted that dragons will become relevant again soon in the future, in addition to dragons can be any race they want to appear as, so that part is pretty easy to imagine aswell.

Timewalker- Bronze dragon theme, time manipulation, could be tank spec rewinding your own wounds and position
    Lifebinder- Red dragon theme, using fire to heal, cleanse and deal damage
    Spellwarden- Blue dragon theme, arcane theme, might be too similiar to arcane mages, ranged dps
    Dreamer- Green dragon theme, could be either healer or dps, lots of sleep spells for CC and maybe lots of delayed damage/healing

I'd imagine theyd be a hero class and have their starting zone at the relevant expansion current times

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? There are bard characters in WoW already, and even a whole faction of bards, the Lorewalkers.
    Why do you keep calling Lorewalkers bards? Because Lorewalker Cho had a single cinematic where he rhymed a poem?

Lorewalkers are historians and sometimes storytellers, not musicians, charmers, or even fighters (which is pmuch the basis or any wow class.). They are akin most to the League of Explores with Dwarves, not Bards.

And thats the tinker. The mechanical theme is something we dont have in a class yet, and tinkers could be worked to be tank, healer, and ranged/melee DPS to whatever the dev team wants.

The only argument against it is engineer as a professional
    As much as I'd love for a tinker or other classes, they really don't do a good job with the current ones.

Why do you keep calling Lorewalkers bards? Because Lorewalker Cho had a single cinematic where he rhymed a poem?

Lorewalkers are historians and sometimes storytellers, not musicians, charmers, or even fighters (which is pmuch the basis or any wow class.). They are akin most to the League of Explores with Dwarves, not Bards.
    And Bards are also storytellers. Did you even check out the fantasy RPG trope of the bard? Lorewalker Cho is practically the definition of a bard.

And Bards are also storytellers. Did you even check out the fantasy RPG trope of the bard? Lorewalker Cho is practically the definition of a bard.
    Right, because they share a common trait, lorewalker=/=bard. Storytellers. What a great fantasy class to design off it.

You seem pretty obtuse and obsessed about this thing with bards. Great. I'm not interesting in a long back and forth that wont sway either side's opinions. Take it easy.

We kinda already know what Bards are like in Warcraft. They wear plate armor and use two handed weapons, deal sonic (physical) and lightning (nature) damage (maybe a death metal spec that uses shadow?), have a lot of PBAoE and cone moves which favor melee range positioning, presumably do some healing and buffing as well. So, kinda like a cross between an Enhance Shaman and a Holy Paladin.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Right, because they share a common trait, lorewalker=/=bard. Storytellers. What a great fantasy class to design off it.

You seem pretty obtuse and obsessed about this thing with bards. Great. I'm not interesting in a long back and forth that wont sway either side's opinions. Take it easy.
    They share "a" common trait? That's kind of like saying Vindicators and Paladins simply "share a common trait". The Lorewalkers embody almost everything a bard is. You call me obsessed, but you seem really "obsessed" in ignoring and/or dismissing everything about bard, for some reason. It almost mirrors the zealotry of a certain someone who shall not be named.

And, on a less serious note, yes, I agree, you're not interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    We kinda already know what Bards are like in Warcraft. They wear plate armor and use two handed weapons, deal sonic (physical) and lightning (nature) damage (maybe a death metal spec that uses shadow?), have a lot of PBAoE and cone moves which favor melee range positioning, presumably do some healing and buffing as well. So, kinda like a cross between an Enhance Shaman and a Holy Paladin.
    Wait... what? Where did you get the idea they wear plate armor and use two-handed weapons?

oh god this again? the whole idea of tinker is just absurd and lame on my opinion. It's like car trip and constantly hearing "Are we there yet?" Profession is there for you think being tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, Bards lack all the requirements to become a future WoW expansion class:

-No WC3 hero
    -No possible expansion theme to fit them into
    -No major lore figure to tie them to
    -No established lore of any kind to make them appear as a group or an organization.

As I've said before, it certainly isn't impossible, but it would be incredibly out of left field, and seem completely out of place.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benzi View Post
    oh god this again? the whole idea of tinker is just absurd and lame on my opinion. It's like car trip and constantly hearing "Are we there yet?" Profession is there for you think being tinker.

I can't perform any class role as a profession. So no, the profession isn't there for me to pretend being a Tinker.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are tons of classes. But we're long overdue for:

- another Mail-wearer; Inb4 "but Demon Hunters added a 4th leather-wearer", yeah well Mail could use more variety.
    - a Class (especially a Hero class) that doesn't use Shadow or somber magic.
    - a Ranged class.

Tinkers are the perfect fit. People criticize Gnomes and Goblins for being too out there, but it'd be very silly to deny the technological edge that they both bring to war. And it's not like Blizzard will delete both races and their innovations out of the blue. Instead they'll expand upon it.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-26 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, Bards lack all the requirements to become a future WoW expansion class:

-No WC3 hero
    -No possible expansion theme to fit them into
    -No major lore figure to tie them to
    -No established lore of any kind to make them appear as a group or an organization.

As I've said before, it certainly isn't impossible, but it would be incredibly out of left field, and seem completely out of place.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't perform any class role as a profession. So no, the profession isn't there for me to pretend being a Tinker.
    So since you seem to be the expert on Tinkers, how would they work in your opinion? How would they be different than the profession?

I like the idea of Tinkers, but I don't see how they're different than Hunters.

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Tinker already exists - we call it an engineer.

The two classes that have not yet appeared yet are:

* Melee Healer
    * Ranged Tank
    how would a ranged tank work in theory?

Wait... what? Where did you get the idea they wear plate armor and use two-handed weapons?
    The ones we've seen wear Paladin and DK armor, and while I concede that it may be possible for there to be a non-guitarist bard, I think that flies in the face of both what we've seen (axe puns) and the notion of the historical lute-playing bard.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys can poop on what Teriz says but hes honestly one of the few who makes sense in most of his post here. Just reading these back and forths and he explains why X random class isn't unique and is too similar to what we have already. Then half of you come back and go
    Teriz also got completely humiliated with the introduction of Demon Hunters.

There are so many we could choose from. Blood pala. Blood mage. Battle mage. berserker. Tinker (Engineeri is a proffession not a class.) Astral sorcerer. and the list goes on. Some of them might look like other classes. But thats not really a problem. More the better if they manage to balance it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    how would a ranged tank work in theory?
    Kiting the boss and keeping aggro while never letting it hit you. Only works for melee bosses though.

It's an interesting idea but pretty tricky to implement correctly
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Teriz also got completely humiliated with the introduction of Demon Hunters.
    When they were first introduced, absolutely! However, he was right about their adverse affect on the game itself.