Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    This is wrong. Promote people who like to TEACH. I see someone with this attitude and they get the boot I don't care how good they are. Teach or get lost.
    That’s an arrogant attitude. Not everyone wants to or has to do that at all.

Play the game the way you want to play it. The fact you swing so hard to the opposite side makes you just as bad as the elitists that only want “get good or get lost”.

If I want to play with people who play similar to me then I will. If I want to teach new players how to play by running them through lower mythic+ or normal raids then I will. I’ve done both.

However, you saying “teach or get lost” is basically the same as saying “get good or get lost”. It’s just as arrogant and selfish because you’re telling others how to play the game. It’s a shitty close-minded mentality.

You don’t need to use IO or WP. You can choose to and that’s the important part. Having the choice to filter or not is fine. Play how you want. There’s tons of people that don’t use it. Hell even those who do are pretty lenient as my score is fairly low (1.1k) and I get invited to most 10s/15s I apply for.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-12-05 at 02:13 AM.

OP got mad he can't get carried for this week's M15, so he's taking out his frustations on the forum.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So you mean inexperienced players should never get the chance to learn and improve ever? Says a lot about your personality really.
    Make your own damn group. Every whine like this, whether Dungeons or Raids, has the same answer: make. your. own. group.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    That’s an arrogant attitude. Not everyone wants to or has to do that at all.

Play the game you want to play it. The fact you swing so hard to the opposite side makes you just as bad as the elitists that only want “get good or get lost”.

If I want to play with people who play similar to me then I will. If I want to teach new players how to play by running them through lower mythic+ or normal raids then I will. I’ve done both.
    This. You should have the freedom to pick and choose who you want in your group. If you have a problem with that start your own group.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    I think so. It promotes elitism and toxicity.
    the playerbase promotes toxicity and elitism. regardless of this addon, people will find a metric to pick people for groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    This. You should have the freedom to pick and choose who you want in your group. If you have a problem with that start your own group.
    This is just ignorance.

How is this gearscore, gearscore still exists in ilvl. This is more like "experience score", you are gaining a score based on your experience with the game, and people are using the information to decline you. I'm sure there are plenty of groups declining better players than they have in their group, but it's more likely that the opposite is true and in the end it's all about averages, on average it probably works exactly as intended.

It shouldn't be banned because it's simply a social tool, even if it has a negative affect on a lot of genuinely capable players I'm sure some players feel it has a positive impact on their game.. It's all based on perspective... And I'm not biased here, I would get declined to everything too because I haven't played in a while but when I was playing I was doing 17s casually... But nobody gives a shit, that's just how it works.

Don't hate the system, hate the players.. Ultimately if bad players didn't exist then nobody would have trouble getting into groups, it's the bad experiences created by grouping with players who aren't doing the best job that lead to these tools existing.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Make your own damn group. Every whine like this, whether Dungeons or Raids, has the same answer: make. your. own. group.
    If this was the answer we would just have 2000 groups with 2-3 members. This is a stupid answer.
    Aye mate

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, because you always have the choice of playing with people you know.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    I didn't know about this addon until a few days ago.

I have been playing M+ here and there, usually with friends and too high keystones knowing that we may not actually not be able to complete the dungeon but who cares it was for fun.

Now I have tried to get in more serious with M+ dungeons and it turns out I am not accepted in 99% of the teams because of my low wow progress points.

This is dumb as hell. I got 8 bosses down in Mythic ToS, of course I am a skilled player. This basically closes the M+ door for me.

I want Blizz to take such Addon down and ensue bans to those who have used it.
    TBH 8 bosses down in mythic tomb is nothing I have friends who have to be carried through M15's that are on 8/10M guilds....

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    This is just ignorance.
    Not really, if I open my Dungeon finder and have a guy that performs better than another guy apply. why would I take the shittier option?

People shouldn't reward mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    This is just ignorance.
    What?! How is this ignorance? I'm promoting freedom and you're promoting forced grouping. Forcing people to play with others they don't want to is whats ignroant.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    I didn't know about this addon until a few days ago.

I have been playing M+ here and there, usually with friends and too high keystones knowing that we may not actually not be able to complete the dungeon but who cares it was for fun.

Now I have tried to get in more serious with M+ dungeons and it turns out I am not accepted in 99% of the teams because of my low wow progress points.

This is dumb as hell. I got 8 bosses down in Mythic ToS, of course I am a skilled player. This basically closes the M+ door for me.

I want Blizz to take such Addon down and ensue bans to those who have used it.
    Push your own key as high as possible each week and you'll have a decent score. Also, with 8 mythic bosses down I'm sure you're in a decent guild; go run with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    If this was the answer we would just have 2000 groups with 2-3 members. This is a stupid answer.
    not everybody needs to make their own group. people who have the m+ score or achievement or w/e benchmark people wanna use, can just join groups and most of the time there wont be any issues.

but simple truth is, most people dont check the leader of a group before applying, so if you want to get carried or have trouble getting into groups for w/e reasons, making your own group really does help or at least saves you time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Not really, if I open my Dungeon finder and have a guy that performs better than another guy apply. why would I take the shittier option?

Because you are not a twat? I was an elitist prick for years. I was and people who are are terrible people. Now days I will take a lesser geared and experienced person. Because if someone doesn't show them how to do it nobody will and the game will just have more bad players. It doesn't help anyone ignoring those with lesser experience.

Turning inexperienced people into experienced people can only help the game and community in the long run.
    Aye mate

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the addon much myself*, it reminds me way to much of Gearscore back in the day, and dear lord was that a toxic mess, but I don't want it banned nor do I think it would even be possible really, not without Blizzard doing something like disabling M+ leader boards. I mean Gearscore only really went away when Blizzard caved and made their own version of it was ilevel. It might be they'll need to do the same thing with M+ score.

*My main issue is how the score is determined really, a lower kara teaming/explosive/tyran is worth as much as an eye with much lesser affixes. Thankfully it doesn't really impact me as I mainly do keys with my guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no mythic raider who doesn't farm the fuck out of M+ dungeons. Mythic raiders are not penalized by this add-on at all.

Sounds like some butthurt child didn't get invited to the adult table
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because you are not a twat? I was an elitist prick for years. I was and people who are are terrible people. Now days I will take a lesser geared and experienced person. Because if someone doesn't show them how to do it nobody will and the game will just have more bad players. It doesn't help anyone ignoring those with lesser experience.

Turning inexperienced people into experienced people can only help the game and community in the long run.
    There is nothing elitest about wanting to play with people that at the level you're at. You should not be forced to group with someone if you do not want to. I'm a very busy person and when I get on to play, i don't have the time to babysit someone. My experience is not effecting you at all. If i accpeted inviting you and you're not up to par and it takes my whole night to complete something that should only take me an hour or two. Thats negatively effecting me. start your own group and find others. Wow isn't top heavy , you can find ways to get geared and experienced. Join a guild, find some friends.

I did normal and heroic ToS with group finder. Mostly due to me taking charge and starting my own group. Same thing for mythics.

See what I'm saying? I wasn't getting into groups because I wasn't good enough yet. You know what I did?

I put on my big boy pants and put together my own group and did my own research.

You know what I didn't do?

Blame other people for my short comings and expect them to hold my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post

Because that guy doesn't perform better, he just subscribes to your click by using the addon so you take him.
    You don't think people that used Gearscore addon said "just don't use it"?

Not saying there shouldn't be a way to find people that are good at fast high level mythics, but when tryhards start using it because they think they should it becomes a problem. At the least no M+ information should be stored on me by other players because they choose to use the addon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    There is no mythic raider who doesn't farm the fuck out of M+ dungeons.
    Wrong?
    Last edited by Dormie; 2017-12-05 at 02:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    u have 8 mythic bosses down in tos and ur having a hard time finding people to do m+ with? idk about this one