Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the way people use mythic+ score is retarded anyway. who the fuck cares if I dont do several annoying dungeons and my score is low, when the specific dungeon I que to I can do at 18? every single group using wowprogress wrong is simply not worth getting into.

This addon is useful for two thing :
    - You can get 1500+ mm score just by doing your weekly. So if you aint got that minimum i won't take you because you probably dont know how to deal with the affixes. (This is what i got btw and i didnt do 2 dungeons last season, i inspect each armory anyway even with the addon)
    - If you got 2k5 or more you'll probably gonna end up leaving after one fail and insult people the whole dungeon (i speak by experience) so i'm not gonna bother with you. I do MM+ mostly for fun, not to get an headache.
    Last edited by Preia; 2017-12-05 at 08:14 AM.

Addons like this is what you get when there's loads of bads trying to jump in +15's like its a daily HC

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutly same situation with "curve". Argus is a trash boss that randoms kill in 3-5 pulls. But w/o it you cannot join to raid to kill other 10 bosses even if you killed them. Major problem is "ppl not intresting in fun". They are working here. And want garantee result. Better if somebody burst them. Cos their own skills pretty low overall. Below average or so. So if they invite a person who will do -10% of dps they will fail. Well. I can get this idea when ppl do +20 at least. But +15 lol? 81% of timer on this week with pure random. Wiped once plus several random deaths. Did packs with sheeps and other cc. And still 9min or so. Where is here any "dificulty" that required "min 2500M+ score"? Only one answer - handless nubs.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevan021 View Post
    The addon is not bad per se but I hate the fact they are basically using my information without my consent.

There should be an ability to remove/hide your character from such sites.
    FYI they don't need your consent as it is not your data, it is Blizzards.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I don't even know how exactly M+ score is calculated, but as I know the earlier you do your runs (and the better time/easier dungeons ofc), you have better chance for good score. So being there at every reset is just not possible for most ppl playing this game.

Let this minority use that addon and create their own groups. Back in 7.2.5, I did a +15 dht in 908ilvl.

Idk your ilvl and real skill, but I'm personally not concerned about the thing. A few more weeks, 5 more ilvl and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do those 15+ keys confidently, even with random pugs. Being casual is good, elitism and envy just hurts your nerves.
    The mythic+ scores are calculated based on your key level and completion time. There is a standard score for each key level and you get more if you do it faster and (for raider.io score) you "lose" a key level if you don't do it in time. So a 15 in time gives more points than a 16 not in time.

Given that the ppl who run wowprogress are complete retards and constantly resets the m+ score every damn patch i find it hillariously dumb that ppl are actually using it.

You know people get weird if they require ilvl 935+ for an M+6 Key..

Deleted
    calling random website an addon, and asking to ban it. SMTH
    And again, you are 8mythic bosses killer, didnt knew about wowprogress? LUL

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    This is the raw truth
    So true. I try to do at least a +10 every week but I'm scared to tank them because even with ilvls in the 940 range i consistently get stuck with the 600k dps pleebs that also pull extra packs when there are stacking affixes. so pro. the only toons I do +12-16 are dps where you can semi carry a group. though I love finding the rainbow unicorn groups where every dps is at or over 1.7 mil and a solid tank/heals. It's very refreshing... until your next group.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Nah, but people are trying to skip everything inbetween and instantly do the hardest content because it offers the best gear. People have like 930+ gear now and they think it automatically entitles them to join groups that reward better gear just because they have reached the point where they cannot get anymore useful gear from their worldquest farming. They don't want to do +6 or +9, they instantly try to skip up to 15+. Another reason why TF and vendor-gear that offers high ilvls should get fucked.
    Or maybe people are so good they need a high difficulty, but a group believes you need to farm a meaningless score up first before you get to have fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    The mythic+ scores are calculated based on your key level and completion time. There is a standard score for each key level and you get more if you do it faster and (for raider.io score) you "lose" a key level if you don't do it in time. So a 15 in time gives more points than a 16 not in time.
    Good to know. However doing a +15 in time and +16 not in time yields the same weekly chest. That's all I care.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    This basically closes the M+ door for me.
    Not at all. You didn't kill those 8 mythic bosses solo did you? So presumably you know some other skilled players? And they know you? Running high level keys is all about coordination and teamwork. Running with players you know is a huge advantage. I recommend - and practice this myself - setting one night aside as M+ Night, meeting friends each week to do it, and knocking these out together. No one needs or checks WoWProgress when they already know you from first hand experience.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Given that the ppl who run wowprogress are complete retards and constantly resets the m+ score every damn patch i find it hillariously dumb that ppl are actually using it.
    The score reset is done because dungeons are usually rescaled to a higher difficulty as new raids increase overall ilevel of players. You an also always see your previous season history and detailed history of each season. I find it hilariously dumb that ppl like to embarrasse themselves with such posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    wait, let me see if I get this straight: this addon is nothing but PvE players (read: bad players) trying to create a system that proves there are worse people than them by attributing a rating (LOL) to their.... dungeon runs?

wow, just wow.
    Cant kick, cant dispel polymorphs, cant LoS -> goes play PvE instead -> therefore can't say they're better than other players because PvE is for noobs
    considering how scripted, faceroll and dead (participation wise) legion pvp is, i'm not sure what point you are trying to make
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-12-05 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    There is no mythic raider who doesn't farm the fuck out of M+ dungeons. Mythic raiders are not penalized by this add-on at all.

Sounds like some butthurt child didn't get invited to the adult table
    I don't farm the fuck out of M+ and I'm a mythic raider. I think you're assuming mythic raiders are only the "team world first" segment of the player base.

Or are you going to play the no-true-scotsman meme and say I'm not a real mythic raider?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    FYI they don't need your consent as it is not your data, it is Blizzards.

That's not what he's asking though. The point is he wants the ability to opt out of retarded elitism by having his data hidden. Who owns said data and who has the right doesn't change the argument, that opting out is desired by some people. Myself included.

Don't even know why you made a thread about this shit, its the same for raids, you think someone would invite you to heroic antorus the burning throne, if you have no experience? fuck no, and thats why you aren't invited to m+. If you complain about this shit, make a group on your own next time.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    I didn't know about this addon until a few days ago.

I have been playing M+ here and there, usually with friends and too high keystones knowing that we may not actually not be able to complete the dungeon but who cares it was for fun.

Now I have tried to get in more serious with M+ dungeons and it turns out I am not accepted in 99% of the teams because of my low wow progress points.

This is dumb as hell. I got 8 bosses down in Mythic ToS, of course I am a skilled player. This basically closes the M+ door for me.

I want Blizz to take such Addon down and ensue bans to those who have used it.
    ofc it should be - together will all logging addons - its biringing nothing but toxicity and elitism to game - better games then wow like FFXIV banned addons like this and all addon recount like ages ago because they seen how negatively it influenced their community - and unlike blizzard they do care about their community

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Or maybe people are so good they need a high difficulty, but a group believes you need to farm a meaningless score up first before you get to have fun.
    See, that's the essence of the issue. People believing they are deserving of content just because they exist and happen to have high enough gear from world bosses/quests - such players have no objective way of knowing how they would perform in M+ without ever having done lower keys, nvm 15+ and above but yet still they somehow magically believe they are good enough players by default. The truth is that even if some of them are truly good players, the majority of them suck.

An example is the poster above me: one glance at their logs and it's clear as a day why they want all logs and performance meters banned. They genuinely believe they deserve to do content above them just because they play this game but refuse to organically climb up the ladder. They want everything here and now.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2017-12-05 at 11:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Deleted
    Just get a decent group of friends to M+ with or smash your ilvl up so high that the real groups (not the WoWProgress heroes) take you anyway. Or set up your own groups. The Group Finder is just a tool Blizzard provide, people set their own rules and if it wasn't WoW progress then it would be some other ridiculous measuring system which doesn't actually show skill (Ahead of the Curve comes to mind).

It's a bit melodramatic to say M+ door is basically closed for you. There are always options.

It's a crap system, yes.. but so is pugging in general unfortunately.

Ik that this is obvious and all... but really, if you want a good WoW experience, you just need to play with friends or find a guild. I've been in many pugs since my friends stopped playing and honestly, be it m+ or raiding, it has been a pretty poor experience overall, like it is more stressful to raid heroic with randoms, compared to mythic with a guild. Often, the raid lead just wants to get carried OR he wants to carry someone else. They always demand riddiculous requirements to enter and yet... in most cases, the group still turns out to be a complete fail.

And no, making my own groups isn't making it really better. I remember actually trying Guldan HC for AGES... like, at one point I'd ONLY let in people who are overgeared and have multiclear xp (I checked their armory) and yet many players already died in P1 (Yes, I know that's a bit hypocritical, but I was really pissed off at trying so hard and always failing... and then you make an over the top group and still fail WTF). That being said, I eventually killed Guldan HC in a guild run (not my own guild tho)

So all in all... If you wanna do anything beyond Mythic dungeons (or low m+), normal/lfr raiding or open world quest, you just gotta find other people to play with, randoms are just always crap.