Poll: $3,000,000 USD or your one true love?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Alright, name ten different moments where you're put to the test by life that wouldn't be made easier by money.
    Seriously? I take it that you do not live in a country where paying for healthcare isnt a concern?

Bottom line is, 3mill doesnt buy near enough of "nice things" for what seems to be the price for it in this case.

Heck had you invested 300k in bitcoins in january, you'd be at the 3mill now. 3 mill will only get you so far..
    Last edited by Crispin; 2017-12-06 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    You'd honestly give up on "love of your life" for 500k a year?
    I'm already in a relationship. I don't believe in the whole "one true love" shit in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? I take it that you do not live in a country where paying for healthcare isnt a concern?
    Money makes it easier to live life even in the nordic countries, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Wtf, no it isn't too low. Put them in a private savings account and you can get like 500k per year on interest alone. You don't even need to spend any of the original money to live a good life.
    Where are you getting this "interest" from? You obvious know nothing of having high capital. There are restrictions to passive income from interest, not only that, but in most places of the world your "passive" luxury taxes would be higher than passive interest that you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Where are you getting this "interest" from? You obvious know nothing of having high capital. There are restrictions to passive income from interest, not only that, but in most places of the world your "passive" luxury taxes would be higher than passive interest that you receive.
    I have about 200k invested in a private "kapitalförsäkring" which gives me about 4-5% increase every year.

I'm already in a relationship. I don't believe in the whole "one true love" shit in the first place.

- - - Updated - - -

Money makes it easier to live life even in the nordic countries, you know.
    I know money makes life easier duh, I'm sure they do outside the nordics aswell.

Would you drop your boyfriend/girlfriend for 3 mill$? You're in the wrong relationsship if the answer is yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You always Win, if you are happy with what you have.
    Mate, that is why I take the challenge for the money, it'll help the family more! Hahaha...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'm pretty sure Steve Jobs werent happy the days before his death, depsite beeing a billionaire.

I guess you've never tried this before, but having a pocket full of money doesnt mean a damn thing, when life is putting you to the test, money isnt the answer to everything.
    So you believe he would have been happier if he was outside, no clothes, no doctors? I mean, its some kind of next level mental retardation to think money makes people happy to die but as I can tell from your comments, you don't seem to have any actual relevant real life experiences to be able to relate to either having money or love.

Deleted
    Meh, I ain't loaded, but I got enough to make things meet, so OTL?

I have about 200k invested in a private "kapitalförsäkring" which gives me about 4-5% increase every year.
    You're talking about an insurance, not a bank account, if your kapitalforiksring works as ours, it's a 1 time pay out, when you die are incapabable of working or at a certain date, yours is the same?

I know money makes life easier duh, I'm sure they do outside the nordics aswell.

Would you drop your boyfriend/girlfriend for 3 mill$? You're in the wrong relationsship if the answer is yes.
    That would depend on how poor you are and how low your morality is, I would assume, by default.

In all seriousness, though, if you aren't hurting for money or simply lived your life making stupid decisions and are forced into bottomfeeding grunt work, than I can see why a flat 3M handout would be appealing. Too bad it would be gone rather quickly, being as income tax would eat most of it up, being USD.

You're talking about an insurance, not a bank account, if your kapitalforiksring works as ours, it's a 1 time pay out, when you die are incapabable of working or at a certain date, yours is the same?
    No? Kapitalförsäkring is not a 1 time pay out. I get money from it every month, about 4k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mate, that is why I take the challenge for the money, it'll help the family more! Hahaha...
    You know it sounds like you have a good beat on things. I think I can understand people that believe true love doesn't exist, but honestly so many people don't even truly know themselves because they have never been tested.

Doesn't sound like you have that problem.

Although I think I would be surprised by one kind of answer I have yet to see.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    So you believe he would have been happier if he was outside, no clothes, no doctors? I mean, its some kind of next level mental retardation to think money makes people happy to die but as I can tell from your comments, you don't seem to have any actual relevant real life experiences to be able to relate to either having money or love.
    Ad hominem doesnt make your argument stronger, I've had cancer, suffered from anxiety, we had a spontaneous abortion. And while we're good on money, having a someone to share your concerns honestly outdid the ability to go out and buy a new car.

But it's obvious that your only concern is paying for luxuries like internet connection

Bottom line is, 3mill doesnt buy near enough of "nice things" for what seems to be the price for it in this case.

Heck had you invested 300k in bitcoins in january, you'd be at the 3mill now. 3 mill will only get you so far..
    So you can't name 10 things?

Also why would I need to change my life style with 3 million? By my count I'd have that money for damn near my entire life. Do you think just because someone has money they'll piss it all away? Who does that?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

No? Kapitalförsäkring is not a 1 time pay out. I get money from it every month, about 4k.
    Ah this one

https://www.skatteverket.se/privat/s...800024553.html

?

I voted for the 3 million, because I believe there are millions of true loves for every person, it's just a numbers game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    So you can't name 10 things?

Also why would I need to change my life style with 3 million? By my count I'd have that money for damn near my entire life. Do you think just because someone has money they'll piss it all away? Who does that?
    Was that all you got from that post?

Fine

Insert 10 ways of dying horribly, including burning in your crashed ferrari, I doubt the fact that it's a ferrari will help.

Point is, you'll probably figure it out later in the SoL

I know the tasks already:

1) Bake a loaf of bread.
    2) Convince a lifelong prisoner that you've done hard time.
    3) Straight up tell a girl you like her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Insurance isn't the same thing, it may have a return once it reaches fruition, but it's only backed while you're investing. If you pullout early, you lose far more to inflation transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Where are you getting this "interest" from?
    That's what I was going to ask too. Who's offering such interest rates and what country wouldn't tax you for 500k in interest each year? Nowadays you can consider yourself lucky to stay above the inflation rate with savings accounts. Using a fixed deposit account you might be able to get a few percent points higher APR.