Yeah I found the Lego forest to be too short on permutations and variety tbh. They're very easy to just run through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    The crimson is amazing btw. The triple shot is tight and doesnt really kick, the auto reload is easy to pull off and the heal was about a fifth of my bar. It is an ammo hog though for something that clears rooms of enemies.
    Hunters lack a decent way to heal. Coupled with Crimson's stats it seems like a really good gun for Hunters.

It's got almost med impact fire rate, with high impact damage. Seems reaaaaaaaaly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, the hardmode strikes feel exactly the same as normal ones. I was hoping for something extra or whatnot, but they legit functional feel identical in difficulty to normal mode : /
    Yeah, I mean they spawn more Majors though! Yaaaaaaaaay power ammo!

Amusingly the heroic adventures had more differences. As prism was active when I did mine.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-12-10 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You'd think bungie killed zephyrs parents or something, like a weapon can't even be bugged without some conspiracy of evil doing.

I really struggle to figure out why you're still bothering with the game.
    You'd think you never played the franchise before Destiny 2 and therefore don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about and therefore know nothing about Bungie's track record.

Oh that's right, that actually does all apply to you. My dang. Carry on.

Ever stop to think that maybe YOU are annoying as well, harping around this thread with little to no knowledge of Bungie or the Destiny franchise and then acting like some of us are bitching just for the sake of bitching? Newsflash: I actually WANT this franchise to succeed, but Bungie's been tripping and falling (even more so than before) ever since the launch of D2. So forgive me for wanting a better fucking game than what we've been given. So far, this game is nothing but a shell of what it should and could be.

If you had any fucking clue about this franchise since its inception, you'd know that Bungie took far too many fucking huge steps backwards with D2 and we'll be lucky if they catch back up with D1 by the time the big expansion drops sometime later in 2018. In the mean time, we've been given nothing but half of a game whose ultimate goal (and endgame experience) strives for nothing more than to try and get you to blow money on the in-game cash shop. You'll have to forgive me if I find something like this unacceptable, especially when I know Bungie can do better than this.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-12-10 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You'd think you never played the franchise before Destiny 2 and therefore don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about and therefore know nothing about Bungie's track record.
    So what you're telling me is they keep screwing up and you keep coming back despite screw ups that you feel are so egregious that you feel the need to come up with conspiracy theories about bugs that they owned up to and addressed in a timely and commendable manner?

Also nothing about the game has made me feel like I need or even want to spend money on the cash shop. Only "extra" money I spent on the game was for the season pass with the initial purchase because I figured I'd probably like the game enough to justify the 30 smacks to see what would go down in the future.

Really though lets be honest here, you don't really care about the games success as opposed to the game being what you like. Otherwise you wouldn't be so pissy that plenty of other people out there are enjoying it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

So glad I stopped playing D2.....

I was willing to.....somewhat forgive them for the XP throttling (even though they clearly lied out of their ass and only owned up to it after they got called out on it). But I understood the reasoning for it: to discourage grinding. Okay I get that, but they should have just been open and honest about the whole thing upfront. And don't kid yourselves, you know they did this to make paying for Bright Engrams look more enticing.

But after the whole "yeah we're going to LOCK CONTENT YOU ALREADY HAVE ACCESS TO behind a new paid DLC only a month or two after it launched on PC" thing...

They can go right on and fuck themselves. They should have just made NEW content for the DLC locked and allowed people to keep doing the things they already COULD do the day before the DLC came out. How hard is this concept? Don't lock current content behind a new paywall after it's already been available! They got called out for this in D1 and you'd have thought they would have learned not to do it again in D2. I'm not paying them another $30 to reunlock content that I already paid $60 for and already had access to.

I thought maybe Activision/Bungie learned from their D1 mistakes. Guess I'm an idiot. But not as much of one as the people who are actually supporting them doing this shit by continuously opening their wallets for it.
    Last edited by Keile; 2017-12-10 at 02:39 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, that was mostly what I had in mind as well. I knew I was probably thinking too big for what was delivered, but I wasn't ready for it to be this anemic in terms of variety and design.

Feels like a missed opportunity, they could have had some awesome, legit repeatable content if they'd gone with a more Underground-esque approach : /

Also, at least there's some more variety for repeatable weekly story missions.
    Honestly they could bring back the random elements they removed for that. Back in D1 a heroic strike had its own version of halos skulls. stuff like 'solar burn' where you and the enemy did insane solar damage which made it easy to melt hive but easy for fallen to melt you for example. Right now Heroic Adventures are 'burn heavy ammo on daemons, ignore everything else then blow super on the boss' and thats it outside the Hive tower defence which solo is not nearly as chaotic as it should be.

Theres groundwork here for something interesting but when you hear 'vex reality simulation' people expect diablos rifts with chunks of mars and earth occupying the same impossible space or something. These floating blocks where you skip everything but the doormen is just an exercise in holding sprint and even then its really just for chasing the highest tier collectible for versa 6 and up weapon forging.

and then those can be gained from strikes which even in the abysmally small number are more fun just because they a group finder content so you are always pushing forward with a team. Advantures can be steamrolled with nameless midnight and the raid rocket launcher that shows up all the time in clan engrams.

IGN gave Curse of Osiris a 5.5 out of 10.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I’ve only put like 10-12 hours into the game but I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Playing Hunter and am power level 280 or something. The weapons, abilities, and graphics are amazing.

One problem I do have is with the community on PC. Not that the community is bad but that it seems really difficult to connect in game and find clans, strike teams, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Haven't you realized? Everything Bungie does is either intentionally nefarious or a conspiracy of evil-doing. This thread should have taught you that by now. And if you don't like it you can leave or use the ignore function! This thread isn't an echo chamber of your opinion, only an echo chamber for Bungie hate and conspiracy talks tyvm. I quit the game in Destiny 1 Alpha btw, but my opinion still matters.
    The problem is a lot of those conspiracy theories have turned out true over the past few months if not from destiny 1 itself. From things like why things are gated to experience gains being throttled to content getting locked for players who don't get the DLC even though it was accessible before.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I’ve only put like 10-12 hours into the game but I’ve really enjoyed it so far. Playing Hunter and am power level 280 or something. The weapons, abilities, and graphics are amazing.

One problem I do have is with the community on PC. Not that the community is bad but that it seems really difficult to connect in game and find clans, strike teams, etc.
    welcome to Destiny...where the only semblance of community is on third party websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The problem is a lot of those conspiracy theories have turned out true over the past few months if not from destiny 1 itself. From things like why things are gated to experience gains being throttled to content getting locked for players who don't get the DLC even though it was accessible before.
    I wouldn’t bother with Eso. He’s proven to be nothing more than a Bungie shill in this thread because he’s a content creator on YouTube and Destiny is his shtick. His success relies on the success of Destiny. So naturally he ignores blatant facts that have been proven true in favor of blissful ignorance.

He will claim everything is fine while the house burns down around him. And it’s become even more apparent since a lot of Destiny streamers and content creators have come forward and called Bungie out on their bullshit. Not Eso though. Everything’s fine and dandy to hear him tell it.

These last couple of pages have only confirmed for me that I was 100% right to wait on buying Destiny 2, despite it finally being on the PC.

I'm guessing that I'll get my value out of the game exactly like I did with Destiny 1: By waiting until 2-3 expansions are done and over with so I can actually get a complete game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    welcome to Destiny...where the only semblance of community is on third party websites.
    Yeah it's pretty amazing how an "MMO" can have no semblance of a community at all. I don't want to have to go to Discord to find a fire team....come on Bungie.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    These last couple of pages have only confirmed for me that I was 100% right to wait on buying Destiny 2, despite it finally being on the PC.

I'm guessing that I'll get my value out of the game exactly like I did with Destiny 1: By waiting until 2-3 expansions are done and over with so I can actually get a complete game.
    Eh.

Dont judge game because of forum whine. Never.

Game is still fun and fully playable. It is just looter shooter. Sure there are problems, sure Bungie seems shady at best.

Forums have tendency to hyperbolize everything out of proportions. I was kinda pissed on shallow gameplay, but logged to check some stuff (minly did clan do something) and spended more than hour just having fun with awesome mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Yeah it's pretty amazing how an "MMO" can have no semblance of a community at all. I don't want to have to go to Discord to find a fire team....come on Bungie.
    Honestly, I would probably still be playing D2 if I could talk to people in game and not on discord or a separate third party website. The communication aspect of the game really bothers me. For consoles I understand the limitation. For PC there's no excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Game is still fun and fully playable. It is just looter shooter. Sure there are problems, sure Bungie seems shady at best.

Forums have tendency to hyperbolize everything out of proportions. I was kinda pissed on shallow gameplay, but logged to check some stuff (minly did clan do something) and spended more than hour just having fun with awesome mechanics.
    Well, point is it is not fully playable after the DLC. Content got taken away and there is no denying it. This is a fact and any subjective view on this matter is meaningless. If you still have fun with the game is another topic.
    From my perspective the game is no fun at all anymore as it completely lacks long term gameplay. The reason is simply bungie moving from a real looter shooter to a mere collection shooter. Get everything in two weeks and be done with the game.

Eh.

Dont judge game because of forum whine. Never.

Your right don't judge the game based on the forum whine, Just it on the two bolded parts you said....

The two things forums whine about...........wait a min.

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Well, point is it is not fully playable after the DLC. Content got taken away and there is no denying it. This is a fact and any subjective view on this matter is meaningless. If you still have fun with the game is another topic.
    From my perspective the game is no fun at all anymore as it completely lacks long term gameplay. The reason is simply bungie moving from a real looter shooter to a mere collection shooter. Get everything in two weeks and be done with the game.
    They taken prestige raid, which needed 300 power to go. You still cant go above power lvl 305 without the dlc. And this i still attainable without the dlc.

Game has exactly the same long term gameplay it had. You do milestones and raid, hoping to get ilvl 300 and then put legendary mod into it to boost it to 305.
    Im not denying that they blocked version of a game mode.

Also, you cant get everythinng in two weeks. At least i dont see how.

Sure, it is kinda dick move to block progress that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Your right don't judge the game based on the forum whine, Just it on the two bolded parts you said....

The two things forums whine about...........wait a min.

I can see a point to not bother with the game after gaining power to 305 without the dlc (and 335 with one) from min max standpoint. But game still has amazing game modes like Crucible. Still there are strikes. They may not reward good but gameplay is fantastic.

thats my point - game is worth the money IMO. Even if would not get anything beyong what it already have. Even if dlc was never published. Even if somebody dont buy the dlc.

They taken prestige raid, which needed 300 power to go. You still cant go above power lvl 305 without the dlc. And this i still attainable without the dlc.

Game has exactly the same long term gameplay it had. You do milestones and raid, hoping to get ilvl 300 and then put legendary mod into it to boost it to 305.
    Im not denying that they blocked version of a game mode.

Also, you cant get everythinng in two weeks. At least i dont see how.

Sure, it is kinda dick move to block progress that way.
    Dont quite get what you want to say with your first paragraph. Prestige raid is 330 now afaik and you cannot advance beyond 305 without dlc.

You do not compare longerm gameplay of D2 vs D2 dlc, you compare D1 vs D2. Thought this was obvious.

I got all legendary equipment for all 3 classes besides trials (dont have a perm squad of 4) and I'm missing only 2 exotics in under 3 weeks. In no-life mode this could be done quicker.

I can see a point to not bother with the game after gaining power to 305 without the dlc (and 335 with one) from min max standpoint. But game still has amazing game modes like Crucible. Still there are strikes. They may not reward good but gameplay is fantastic.
    PvP in D2 is utter garbage for me. There is way too much focus on insta gibs (supers, power weapons, nades). Kinda ironic for a game with such a high focus on gunplay in pve.
    Strikes are way too easy to play them more often. The difficulty of the game is obviously made for consoles. Heroic stikes could be nice, but not gonna pay for that.
    Last edited by Shanden; 2017-12-10 at 11:09 PM.

Game has exactly the same long term gameplay it had.
    Besides the fact that you can't...

1) Do Nightfall's.
    2) Do the prestige raid/nightfall (I do believe the normal raid as well).
    3) Do some of the exotic quests like Rat King.
    4) Do Curse of Osiris.
    5) Use Guided Games (since it was tied to Nightfall's/Raids).
    6) Milestones.

Totally has the same long term gameplay if all you do is public events. People are not "whining" just to do it. People are pissed that Bungie once again cut content from the base game and require you to buy the DLC to play what you already owned.

How would you feel if I sold you a house and 2 months later took it from you and said now pay me half of what you originally paided to get it back.

If someone was to buy the game now with no DLC, It would be a shell of what it was and that wasn't much to begin with.

Edit: People are also pissed that the first DLC was a fucken joke.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-12-10 at 10:58 PM.

Oh, neato.

Heroic adventures launched broken, so they aren't resetting like they're supposed to.

Literally what has Bungie been doing since the game launched? A mediocre, far smaller than anticipated DLC with underwhelming content, a laundry list of issues that they're slowly working on, still no word on making chat remotely useful on PC...

Man, if they didn't make a game that was so damn fun and satisfying to actually play I'd actually be pretty upset with this. But since they at least nailed that, and that's arguably the most important part, I'm just mildly annoyed and amused.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-12-11 at 01:15 AM.