Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They just said it wasn't in 7.3.5 they didn't say anything about a 7.3.6 or 7 like a month later with the unlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh how delusional do you have to be to seriously think we aren't getting the allied races in the next month or two.
    I'll hold you to this when it doesn't happen 'bruh'.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I was sad until I seen how little the Zandalari were, now I don't care.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

We didn't get a free race change or early access for blood elves, goblins or pandas. What makes you think they should give one for zandalari?

At least it's a race, so you can racechange your main (if class permits). Now when monks were added you had to level one from scratch, and that was even before they started giving free boost for an expac (I reckon they started with WOD).

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    There has been absolutely no confirmation that we're getting any of these races early. Lore even explained that people are seeing data which is going into the game to prepare for BFA. Misleading topic is misleading.
    Well they are in the next patch's PTR and not the BFA beta, then they're coming with the next patch.

Pre-order content is BfA content.

Can someone link me to the source of this 4 of 6 races early information?

Sorry, I just tried to find it on MMO Champion and failed, so really wonder how it comes that people start talking about 4 early races etc...

We have no clear information. Blizzard said that Zandalari and Dark Iron would be unlocked in Zandalar/Kul Tiras, but I think it would be more logical for them to be accessible during the prepatch. That way, players would have around one month to unlock and level them up to 110, before the new zones are available and the level cap is raised.

However, it may be that Blizzard is really intending them to be only unlockable at 120. I say that will bother a lot of people, since they'll need to level up to 120, unlock the races, then level up the new character 20-120 as the expansion is just starting and everyone else will be gearing for M+ and raids. Players who want those races will be behind everyone else (and will have to level 110-120 twice or thrice in a row).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    Can someone link me to the source of this 4 of 6 races early information?
    There's no source, just assumptions.
    Since the allied race content for those 4 races is already in 7.3.5 PTR, it's reasonable to assume those races will be available early, probably as a preorder bonus.

We don't know WHEN the races would be available, thought. They may not be unlockable at patch launch. Blizzard may want to wait longer before flipping the switch that turns them available.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think more will be released during BFA and if that's the case I'm totally okay with getting what we already know is in game... Void Elves not withstanding because Alleria was the only introduction we had to that particular twist.

WoW has ridiculous numbers of people working on it as I had confirmed to me at blizzcon, and content for legion has been...well just LOOK at everything we got this expansion and tell me the productivity has not been double what Warlords had with a straight face.

I really look forward to seeing new races filling up the roster of allies, it sounds like wild wish fulfillment that the community from 10 years ago could only dream of.

...I'm still gunning for Tall Arakkoa and the Draenor Orcs DESPITE my serious hang ups with WoD it would give that 'time line' some meaning and excuse to revisit in a fashion that creates a feeling of worth for that ridiculous shit show Garrosh decided to create and we clean up.

Then there's the Jinju from Pandaria, The ...hozen? ( Don't know how they'd make them work, but maybe a faction of Mogu might work better... )

Honestly releasing 4 new races in this fashion almost tips Legion into the 'best expansion of all time' category and I have yet to decide if that cements things but they're doing it good. Because boy what a send off. Heres the factions you helped and fought with for 2 years now you get to PLAY as them. Brilliant.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hornfreak View Post
    Yes i said i understood that in my original post.I realize that they have no presence In legion.So gating some peoples experiance is ok?Just seems stupid to me.

- - - Updated - - -

We will unlock them as we level it seems.Probably early in the leveling process.That is what sucks about it.We that want to play those allied races are kinda sol
    so... did you also complain when the new monk class came out and people needed to start at level 1 to 90 well everyone was 85 to 90
    and did you also complain when the dk came out and people needed to start at 55 to reach 80 instead of 70 to 80 like everyone else
    or the people who wanted to play draenei or blood elf and needed to get from 1-70 instead of 60-70.
    did you complain when worgen/goblin were added and you needed to level 1-85 instead of 80-85
    did you complain when the panda was added so you needed to level 1-90 instead of 85-90
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

My biggest concern is how alot of the content for BfA is comming in 7.3.5 with pre-purchase no doubt, which to be honest feels like it may end up making alot of the content in BfA feel small.

BfA is looking dangeorusly close to being another WoD when it comes to the amount of content that is actually features.

Compiling the things actually coming out in its 8.0 release:

- 2 new allied races (not including preorder ones)
    - no new BG's (7.3.5 introduces the new BG early)
    - 6 New zones but only 3 can be played in until level cap.
    - No level scaling as that tech is already being added in 7.3.5
    - No flying at launch and no raid till later as usual.
    - 8 dungeons, many "variable" island scenerios that tbh sound like they will get stale less than a month after launch.
    - Warfronts, perhaps the only promising major feature to BfA being mostly PvE which is a major letdown.
    - World PvP changes that essentially creates megaserver technology in wow.
    - Post-Launch patch cycle will likely follow the 77 day trend which will become boring after a while, unless smaller content updates are added as filler.
    - Almost too likely to be the old god expansion disguised as a war expansion, which likely means that we will near enough have run out of enemies to fight on Azeroth unless they add new lore/locations.

The only way it sucks IMO is that it'll likely be a pre-order deal.

They ought to be for everyone with Legion. These four feel more like they associate with Legion anyway. It'd be a neat way to hype people up for the new feature, which sounds like we could get mid-expansion new races, and it'll give everyone something to do until the expansion launches, and it won't screw physical edition collectors over.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    There's no source, just assumptions.
    Since the allied race content for those 4 races is already in 7.3.5 PTR, it's reasonable to assume those races will be available early, probably as a preorder bonus.
    Thank you! May your fair skin forever be spared the light and your soul bathe forever in the glorious void.
    (To be more serious, thank you very much for the quick reply and confirmation.)

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They just said it wasn't in 7.3.5 they didn't say anything about a 7.3.6 or 7 like a month later with the unlock.

- - - Updated - - -

Bruh how delusional do you have to be to seriously think we aren't getting the allied races in the next month or two.
    Can you link where they said, definitively, that allied races will not be available in 7.3.5? I can't seem to find anything from Blizzard on that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    My biggest concern is how alot of the content for BfA is comming in 7.3.5 with pre-purchase no doubt, which to be honest feels like it may end up making alot of the content in BfA feel small.

BfA is looking dangeorusly close to being another WoD when it comes to the amount of content that is actually features.

Compiling the things actually coming out in its 8.0 release:

- 2 new allied races (not including preorder ones)
    - no new BG's (7.3.5 introduces the new BG early)
    - 6 New zones but only 3 can be played in until level cap.
    - No level scaling as that tech is already being added in 7.3.5
    - No flying at launch and no raid till later as usual.
    - 8 dungeons, many "variable" island scenerios that tbh sound like they will get stale less than a month after launch.
    - Warfronts, perhaps the only promising major feature to BfA being mostly PvE which is a major letdown.
    - World PvP changes that essentially creates megaserver technology in wow.
    - Post-Launch patch cycle will likely follow the 77 day trend which will become boring after a while, unless smaller content updates are added as filler.
    - Almost too likely to be the old god expansion disguised as a war expansion, which likely means that we will near enough have run out of enemies to fight on Azeroth unless they add new lore/locations.
    Well, even though it's super easy to create sarcastic lists that selectively ignore some things while disparaging others you don't like to prove your point, I think that you're completely right based on your totally unbiased approach here! /s

Seriously, though. Judging the number of zones is irrelevant until we see the content in them. It's also really weird that you would knock the lack of flying alongside the number of zones - feels at odds there. Like, do you want to enjoy the content and everything that comes with it, or do you want to just skip it as fast as you can?

The island scenarios might sound like they'll be stale, but they're in ADDITION to the 8 new dungeons. Also, until we play them and see the new AI, that's a huge leap in logic to say they're stale. I'd wait to pass judgment, but you do you. The warfronts look fantastic, you forgot the heart of azeroth mechanic which looks pretty fun since its basically a way to bring back some of the cooler mechanics from artifacts and set bonuses in a way that lets us actually customize them how we want. In the end, these are still new features from BfA, whether you're looking forward to them or not.
    Last edited by Lemondish; 2017-12-19 at 02:38 PM.

I sit here reading some of the comments and it is just mind boggling to realize that some people just don't get what i am trying to get at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so... did you also complain when the new monk class came out and people needed to start at level 1 to 90 well everyone was 85 to 90
    and did you also complain when the dk came out and people needed to start at 55 to reach 80 instead of 70 to 80 like everyone else
    or the people who wanted to play draenei or blood elf and needed to get from 1-70 instead of 60-70.
    did you complain when worgen/goblin were added and you needed to level 1-85 instead of 80-85
    did you complain when the panda was added so you needed to level 1-90 instead of 85-90
    We are getting 6 new races.Try and keep up with the thread.Jesus its like you people don't even read and try and comprehend what i am getting at.It is stupid that we have to wait to get our hands on the last 2 once the xpac hits.It gives those that want to play the 4 that are coming out early a head start at getting to do what they want with the new races.How do you not get that?They didn't add the worgen early then make you wait to play the goblin later.They didn't add the monk class then make you wait to play as the pandaren later.DO you get what i am getting at?Has it sunk in yet?Or are you still going act like you don't get it???
    Last edited by Bigcountry11782; 2017-12-22 at 09:40 PM.

Shut up shut up shut up shut the fucking fuck up.

DO -NOT- RUIN BLIZZARD GIVING A FUCK ABOUT THE GAME AFTER THE FINAL RAID HAS RELEASED UNTIL THE NEXT EXPANSION.

13 fucking years I have been waiting for them to have consistent content release schedule and I will not have it ruined by yuppies that think criticizing every move Blizzard makes is somehow cool, 1337 and edgy.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Shut up shut up shut up shut the fucking fuck up.

DO -NOT- RUIN BLIZZARD GIVING A FUCK ABOUT THE GAME AFTER THE FINAL RAID HAS RELEASED UNTIL THE NEXT EXPANSION.

13 fucking years I have been waiting for them to have consistent content release schedule and I will not have it ruined by yuppies that think criticizing every move Blizzard makes is somehow cool, 1337 and edgy.
    What?????Did you just smoke crack and shit that statement out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by reynesthan1 View Post
    I get what the op is getting at, if they wait for trolls and dwarfs, then people like me, who are swapping to them, have to level (20-110) and then in the same time do the new expac (110-120) which means we are behind a bit when it comes to leveling,where as the other 4 races had (i am assuming based on 7.3.5 and legion pre-order( around 1 month) to level and gear etc. That is a lot of time for other races.
    Thank you!!!! <3 Its nice to see someone has a brain here.Everyone else acts like they didn't even read what i wrote.I feel like they just read the Title.

What?????Did you just smoke crack and shit that statement out?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!!!! <3 Its nice to see someone has a brain here.Everyone else acts like they didn't even read what i wrote.I feel like they just read the Title.
    No, I didn't smoke crack. I am legitimate. Blizzard giving a fuck about the game after the final raid of the expansion dropped is classic, notorious Blizzard. If you even gave a single fuck about the game, you would know the historic 8-15 month content droughts that occur at the end of pretty much every expansion this game has ever had.

What I'm saying is stop ruining it. I don't care if you people want your stupid dwarves or your stupid trolls, it doesn't make sense in the story to have them yet and let's be honest, heritage armor is more of a problem by itself being a bullshit artificial time sink than having to wait 4 months to play cosmetic content slated for expansion release.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-12-22 at 09:54 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They aren't giving away the races to everyone, surely at the very least a pre-order is coming and required to play them early.

Starcraft sprays and hearthstone cardback are already patched in their respective updates, so I imagine a digital deluxe pre order isn't too far away.

As for dark iron/zandalari being later, most likely integrates far better with the new 8.0 storyline & keeps some expansion content around for people to keep playing 110-120.

I don't see them just add random allied races just cause they can, without in-game relevance.
    @Teri Good job man, this is exactly what blizzard are doing, and I really feel that these 4 will be available to get loadsa players playing until BfA comes out.

@hornfreak listen to Teri, you might think it sucks, but if you follow Teri's logic, it makes sense from an investment/money point of view to do it this way. Afterall, by holding back two of the allied races till BfA's launch, you will create an extra chance for more players to again race change after the expansion, or once they've finished the race to 120, they can actually go and experience the new allied races from 20-120 again. Or better pay $$$ to race change. Win-win.

This route has a greater chance for more $$$ for blizzard than yours. You are still going to be playing BfA regardless anyway, you and everyone who wants to get their hands on Zandalari and dark irons early, but the masses will be satisfied with new allied races till then. Besides you don't know if Zandalari and Dark irons will start at 110, since they are directly tied to the expansion content, they could be the two allied races that don't start at level 20 because the horde and alliance meet them later.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    No, I didn't smoke crack. I am legitimate. Blizzard giving a fuck about the game after the final raid of the expansion dropped is classic, notorious Blizzard. If you even gave a single fuck about the game, you would know the historic 8-15 month content droughts that occur at the end of pretty much every expansion this game has ever had.

What I'm saying is stop ruining it. I don't care if you people want your stupid dwarves or your stupid trolls, it doesn't make sense in the story to have them yet and let's be honest, heritage armor is more of a problem by itself being a bullshit artificial time sink than having to wait 4 months to play cosmetic content slated for expansion release.
    Bullshit artificial time sink, it is a better solution than they have had in previous expansions to keep things going, and judging by all the hype, it will work.

Allied races are probably the best move they've made in terms of strategy to make money from this game in a long time. Whether you like it or not, their arrival will fill the long wait between the next expansion (which is not going to be as long due to their bigger team as you can see , for the first time we have most of the TWO islands already designed.) The fans are not even concerned that your playable zones are even smaller than before as they are distracted by all the new features, namely the biggest one, the allied races. The expansion will come much sooner than all the others, because they have had less work to do, and been working on it longer too, they've strategised and streamlined their design process better.. you can totally tell this.

Being into allied races (i.e. sub-races) is much easier work for them too, besides they redisigned how they model characters, it's now a universal skeleton they can much easily add animations too than before without having to design an entire new plate every time they want a race.

Allied races and the theme of BfA warfronts allows them to update old content too, to use as end game content, so everywhere we are going to get a warfront, like Arathi, is going to be revamped, some of the landscape changes will make it into the original version. example the new look of Stromgarde, will probably be in the original levelling zones. if the Feralas trees are updated for a Feralas warfront, you will see those in the old zone too. You won't see everything though, as new camp positions and necessary bases specifically for the warfront will be unique to the level 120 experience.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I sit here reading some of the comments and it is just mind boggling to realize that some people just don't get what i am trying to get at.

- - - Updated - - -

We are getting 6 new races.Try and keep up with the thread.Jesus its like you people don't even read and try and comprehend what i am getting at.It is stupid that we have to wait to get our hands on the last 2 once the xpac hits.It gives those that want to play the 4 that are coming out early a head start at getting to do what they want with the new races.How do you not get that?They didn't add the worgen early then make you wait to play the goblin later.They didn't add the monk class then make you wait to play as the pandaren later.DO you get what i am getting at?Has it sunk in yet?Or are you still going act like you don't get it???
    I think people are just appreciative that we're getting something pre-release. To answer your question yes I would be thrilled if I was able to play monk in the Cata pre-patch regardless if they gave the option of Pandaren or not.