Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now Trump has a list of names of all the countries! It's educational!

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. We all know if the shit hits the fan, they will come crying for the US to help them. It is a worthless organization anyway, with no clout, no way to enforce their rulings. The rulings means absolutely nothing which will harm the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Just a reminder, UNGA resolutions are only good as toilet paper.
    And yet the USA is threatening to remove aid from countries that voted "yes". If the above was true, then Trump is being intentionally incompetent. Neither option is redeeming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Jerusalem was Palestine territory before Israel occupied it. And before that, Israel didn't exist as a country. Jerusalem thus rightfully belongs to Palestine. Simple, see?

And I was saying that because we're providing Israel with all that support, our endorsement is tantamount to a declaration. The US is a superpower, and statements like that are using our massive political power and national authority, whether you like it or not. Why do you think other Presidents haven't said it in the past? Because they had at least an ounce of fucking tact and brainpower to realize this.
    I never understood the whole Israel thing anyway. Ok yes bad things happened during WWII. So...let's take land from people that had NOTHING to do with it and give it to these people. If they had set aside, say, part of Germany for it I could've at least sort of understood it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What makes you think they aren't "over it". A single vote in the UN to call the decision stupid?
    I think the filth that does things like

https://www.thelocal.dk/20171219/dan...ked-prosecutor

Are possibly not entirely over it..

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And yet the USA is threatening to remove aid from countries that voted "yes". If the above was true, then Trump is being intentionally incompetent. Neither option is redeeming.
    What the US will do with it right now is up to them, the resolution is still irrelevant.

In the interests of OH&S, I hope they convinced Nikki Haley to instead take a list of the names of those who DIDN'T vote against her.

RSI is a serious matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I think the filth that does things like

https://www.thelocal.dk/20171219/dan...ked-prosecutor

Are possibly not entirely over it..
    What does a Nigerian stabbing a Danish couple have to do with Isr...

Oh right, it's just another opportunity to spew racist propaganda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    We literally outspend every nation in the world.
    The depths of the stupidity of the Trump movement is truly astonishing. Institutions like the UN and the large foreign aid the US pays out are part of the way the US projects its foreign policy onto the global stage. And they're so unfathomably dense that they seem to think the US funds things like that out of the goodness of its heart, so they're on a mission to destroy their own leverage.

They are playing a game that they do not understand to the extent that it is downright comical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And now Donald Trump has recklessly and stupidly thrown that useful tool... this convenient fiction... away. And for what? How does the US tangibly gain?
    A temporary boost in the popularity of the Republican Party to ensure Roy Moore retained his Senate seat in Alaba... oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Huh, it's almost like US is a biggest and most powerful country, who is looking after it's own interests first and know how to persuade it's vassals.
    On the other hand this kind of "threats" usually done in private conversations...
    So it's ether US telling others to go fornicate themselves and showing them their real place in the world or other, more funnier reason like just being bad in foreign relations by current administration. Personally I think it's the first one, 'coz nobody THAT bad and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Good. We all know if the shit hits the fan, they will come crying for the US to help them. It is a worthless organization anyway, with no clout, no way to enforce their rulings. The rulings means absolutely nothing which will harm the US.
    What shit hits what fan? The US is the only country who ever triggered article 5, the whole idea "Yeah but IF Russia invades you'll be glad you have us" mentality, is pointless, Europe isnt going to need American defense anytime soon, neither is South Korea or Japan, heck they'd be better of if that Orange retard of yours, would shut the hell up.

And it's true, this isnt going to harm the US per say, but it isnt helping either. The US have had issues with the UN members before, Iraq comes to mind, which was far worse than this, it's hurting alliances, which in the end could do plenty of damage. The US gains it's power status partly through the excellent network of alliances established. Pissing the alliances away and the influence you'll have will end up like Russias (so you have nukes /golfclap).

But this won't present any long term damage, unless Trump for some reason wants it to, he can easily dismantle the alliances US have, and leave his successor at ground zero, and give China the position the US currently has.

My opinion? This will go abit like Iraq did, alot of international lecturing, and then back to normal some day. But it's pretty sad to see the most "free" country in the world, issue hidden threats to other countries, if they speak their opinion on what the US is doing, yes you're a sovereign nation, but it's not like your president isnt speaking his mind on other sovereign nations. As Skroe put it, it's juvenile and quite pathetic.

Well done on diminishing your influence in the eyes of the world for no tangible gain again Donald!

You'll be medieval before we know it.

Well, they apprantly had to take a lot of names down. I hope Niki Haley's hands didn't get a cramp when writing them all down.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Where was WW1 European battlefield? Oh yeah, that's right, France. French were getting wrecked. Yes, Germans were going hungry but USA coming in tipped the balance. Even if you were fully correct, you just strengthen the point that Germany should be in dept to the USA and not be run by the alt-left and hate everyone who isn't.
    every gdm side that partook was getting wrecked, a whole generation was wiped out, be it French, German or British.
    the war was at an effective stand off with the trenches.
    and just FYI, the first expeditionary force the USA sent was annihilated together with it's british contigent.
    Germany did indeed decide it could no longer sustain this war with the addition of the USA entering but fighting wise there was very little input from them, so don't act like the american soldiers stomped everyone.
    they did not by any means.

Infact, perhaps you could show some dignity to the French and Germans who fought tooth and nail and died in it instead of demeaning them with a "lol USA did everything"
    and yes i said germans too because in my book they were somewhat forced to fight a war they didn't want in WW1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I fail to see how burning all the bridges and throwing away all our bargaining chips is supposed to help the U.S.

Coming out from isolationism and creating global connections through diplomacy and compromises made it great.

As it stands, the rest of the world can just tell the U.S. to fuck off. No empire stands for long and a new leading power will rise and take the place of a declining U.S.
    What r u talking about? Obama bush clinton etc bullied poorer countries for decades to vote their way or take away funding. Trump uses a bullhorn to shout a little louder standard US policy.

I remember bill clinton bullying new nato country the Czech Republic to only buy US missiles or else punish them financially.

Punish countries who didn't vote for kosovo independence under clinton and threatening them again under Obama to do the opposite to Crimea..

Strong-arming smaller countries didn't start with Trump. You Democrats can pretend all u want.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What does a Nigerian stabbing a Danish couple have to do with Isr...

Oh right, it's just another opportunity to spew racist propaganda.
    What could it possibly have to do with Israel and the US when the stated reason was

"acted in retaliation for US attacks against Muslims and America's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital,"
    Also race did not make him filth, political violence made him filth

Keep your own prejudice out of this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arunu View Post
    every gdm side that partook was getting wrecked, a whole generation was wiped out, be it French, German or British.
    the war was at an effective stand off with the trenches.
    and just FYI, the first expeditionary force the USA sent was annihilated together with it's british contigent.
    Germany did indeed decide it could no longer sustain this war with the addition of the USA entering but fighting wise there was very little input from them, so don't act like the american soldiers stomped everyone.
    they did not by any means.

Infact, perhaps you could show some dignity to the French and Germans who fought tooth and nail and died in it instead of demeaning them with a "lol USA did everything"
    and yes i said germans too because in my book they were somewhat forced to fight a war they didn't want in WW1
    German foreign policy is what brought Germany into ww1. Austria that declared war upon Serbia protected by Russia allied to France did it with a " go for it" attitude from the German side, while Austria were very much the junior partner in that alliance.

Europe was a powderkeg, Germany wasn't solely responsible, but they did their part in getting it to blow, not only in summer 1914 but also their post Bismarck change in direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Thank you for the well thought out, polite reply. I think you are mainly correct, there are a lot of loud mouth alt-left Euros and I shouldn't let them speak for the rest. That said, I do think the USA has the right to say America first and start saying Europe needs to start putting in more rather than just relying on the USA. I really like what Trump is doing.
    Yeah, the US has the right to say that. European countries are actually increasing their spending for defense already (and had already agreed to do so before Trump said anything). Incidentally, Germany meeting the spending goal that Trump keeps referencing would put its spending on par with Russia's, which is kind of funny. I am just kind of sad that the 'rely less on the USA' sentiment that Trump has brought to the forefront does not come from wanting to contribute more, but rather from a perception that the USA itself has become less reliable.

Can we have a moment in this fucking thread to realise EUROPE IS A CONTINENT AND NOT A COUNTRY. If Europe was a single entity with a single government, GDP etc you best fucking believe we would be a super power on the same standing as the US or China but a lot of you are talking about a collection of countries and comparing it in action, leverage and thought to a single country.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Ok so Trump decided to unilaterally recognise Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Turkey then put a vote to the UN Security Council, which did not name the USA, stating that unilateral recognition of the change of status of Jerusalem should not be legally binding

14 members of the council voted for and the USA vetoed it

Turkey then decided to take the vote to the UN General Assembly

The USA reaction is in this news item

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42424666

So the USA has effectively put itself in the position of dictating to the rest of the world how they should vote or they would be taking names

"We will be taking names"

Never realised the UN General Assembly and its representatives were, in fact, school kids with Nikki Haley as the Headmistress!

/discuss
    The days of being pushed around by the UN are over, now that there is a Republican in the Oval Office. I'm sure when they get another Democrat in there, they will revert back to being the whiny bitches who do w/e the UN wants.

Engaging in mass reality denial, about where the Israeli government convenes, is ridiculous nonsense that no adult should have ever engaged in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    Can we have a moment in this fucking thread to realise EUROPE IS A CONTINENT AND NOT A COUNTRY. If Europe was a single entity with a single government, GDP etc you best fucking believe we would be a super power on the same standing as the US or China but a lot of you are talking about a collection of countries and comparing it in action, leverage and thought to a single country.
    Except you wouldn't be. Super powers have like...tanks...and fighter jets...and armies and stuff. Your combined forces are no match for Russia, hence your reliance on NATO (read: USA) to fight for you, should the need arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The days of being pushed around by the UN are over, now that there is a Republican in the Oval Office. I'm sure when they get another Democrat in there, they will revert back to being the whiny bitches who do w/e the UN wants.

Engaging in mass reality denial, about where the Israeli government convenes, is ridiculous nonsense that no adult should have ever engaged in.

- - - Updated - - -

Except you wouldn't be. Super powers have like...tanks...and fighter jets...and armies and stuff. Your combined forces are no match for Russia, hence your reliance on NATO (read: USA) to fight for you, should the need arise.
    HOOOOOOOOOOLD THE F UP! So are you saying that the whole debacle Denmark had a few years ago about how much we were spending was on FICTIONAL JETS?! It all suddenly makes sense... Or your statement is stupid and you have no idea wtf you are talking about

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Your combined forces are no match for Russia.
    Dream on, France alone could take them on.