Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up WoW Loyalty Program for BfA?? (free mounts, and other stuff)

Would you be in favor of a WoW: BfA loyalty program where if you stay subscribed consecutively for 6 months from the start of BfA, and continuing on to 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 21 months, 24 months etc, you get rewards?

Lets say the rewards could be something like:

• 6 Months - Title Reward: The Dedicated
    • 12 Months - Pet Reward: (some BfA themed exclusive pet)
    • 15 months - 1 Free Character Service (race change, faction change, server transfer)
    • 18 months - Mount Reward: (an exclusive BfA themed mount)
    • 21 Months - 1 month 300% exp reward tied to your account (can level alts faster for 1 month)
    • 24 months - Mount reward (exclusive next expansion themed mount)

Now these are just examples, but would you be in favor of this, or something like this for all players who stay subscribed for the entire time without unsubscribing? WoW tokens would count toward your subscription, but if you let it lapse, you wouldn't be eligible for any rewards past the time you let your sub lapse.

This would be amazing, and I would love if Blizzard did something like this for their loyal fans through out the next expansion.

I really liked the WoW annual pass when D3 came out. I locked in my WoW account for a year and got D3 for free and a pretty cool mount in WoW.

Wouldn’t mind loyalty rewards. They have them in FFXIV and I always thought they were cool.

Deleted
    absolutely, as I'm subscribed all the time anyway

good way for blizzard to milk casuals and give me stuff

win win

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'd do it. I did Annual Pass and don't regret that a bit.

Tyrael's Charger is still GOAT.

I could see this working with you getting each reward after you have subbed to a certain amount of time.

Blizz wont do another annual pass though like before cause of all the shit they had with people reneging and asking blizz to cancel the offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I'd feel about account services or XP boosts, but annual passes and similar things for purely cosmetic rewards is fine IMO.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I wouldn't like it, no. At least on that model.

It would just cause frustration on people who want to take a break or stop for a while, and realize they'll lose big rewards, probably not returning at all, or they'd have to waste money to just keep the account going, especially if you get exclusive stuff as suggested.

Annual Pass offering a free upcoming game made sense, and even if i didn't get it, i thought it was great for those who did, but you wouldn't lose anything if you didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    Not sure how I'd feel about account services or XP boosts, but annual passes and similar things for purely cosmetic rewards is fine IMO.
    The key to this is that the player is not locked into a year subscription like the annual pass, but IF they keep their sub active, they get the rewards posted. They would have the keep their sub active the entire time from the START of the BfA expansion to get the rewards at those intervals.

The moment they let their sub lapse, lets say for example after 9 months from the start of BfA, they would get "The Dedicated" title, but nothing else, even if they re-subscribed, they would be unqualified to receive the other rewards.

If someone kept their sub active for 17 months, they would get the title, pet reward, and 1 free character service, but nothing else. Make sense?

I love it Jay mate.

As per usual you come up with amazing and brilliant ideas for this game.

FF14 used to have big monthly rewards but they changed it recently but I liked that. Gave you an incentive to keep subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I wouldn't like it, no. At least on that model.

It would just cause frustration on people who want to take a break or stop for a while, and realize they'll lose big rewards, probably not returning at all, or they'd have to waste money to just keep the account going, especially if you get exclusive stuff as suggested.

Annual Pass offering a free upcoming game made sense, and even if i didn't get it, i thought it was great for those who did, but you wouldn't lose anything if you didn't.
    Thats the whole point of a loyalty program. Reward those who stay loyal to the product through out the entire life of the product.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Would you be in favor of a WoW: BfA loyalty program where if you stay subscribed consecutively for 6 months from the start of BfA, and continuing on to 12 months, 15 months, 18 months, 21 months, 24 months etc, you get rewards?

Lets say the rewards could be something like:

• 6 Months - Title Reward: The Dedicated
    • 12 Months - Pet Reward: (some BfA themed exclusive pet)
    • 15 months - 1 Free Character Service (race change, faction change, server transfer)
    • 18 months - Mount Reward: (an exclusive BfA themed mount)
    • 21 Months - 1 month 300% exp reward tied to your account (can level alts faster for 1 month)
    • 24 months - Mount reward (exclusive next expansion themed mount)

Now these are just examples, but would you be in favor of this, or something like this for all players who stay subscribed for the entire time without unsubscribing? WoW tokens would count toward your subscription, but if you let it lapse, you wouldn't be eligible for any rewards past the time you let your sub lapse.

This would be amazing, and I would love if Blizzard did something like this for their loyal fans through out the next expansion.
    it would definitely encourage constant subscriptions, not a horrible idea. although I would change the 21 months thing to something better, most of my alts would be levelled by that time anyway. I would hate it if I made it to 23 months and forgot to resub/buy a token though, that would be soul crushing :P

Thats the whole point of a loyalty program. Reward those who stay loyal to the product through out the entire life of the product.
    The whole point is that there are various ways to reward loyalty. Some are harmless (Annual Pass = Free game), and others can bother\antagonize other players not interested on it (Exclusive rewards). Go figure.

Exactly.

Plus you could just throw game time cards on and get them sooner if you want since that applies 60 days regardless of having a sub or not.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole point is that there are various ways to reward loyalty. Some are harmless (Annual Pass = Free game), and others can bother\antagonize other players not interested on it (Exclusive rewards). Go figure.
    Tyrael's Charger wasn't an exclusive reward to those who bought it?

Veteran rewards have been in games for a long time. FF14 offered some cool stuff like mounts, pets and cosmetics for it back when the system was in.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-27 at 04:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    it would definitely encourage constant subscriptions, not a horrible idea. although I would change the 21 months thing to something better, most of my alts would be levelled by that time anyway. I would hate it if I made it to 23 months and forgot to resub/buy a token though, that would be soul crushing :P
    You can have a credit card linked to your account for auto-resubscribe in case you forget to buy a wow token. The good thing is that you can keep buying wow tokens and it adds game time and your card wont be hit with a charge until that game time runs out.

You can have a credit card linked to your account for auto-resubscribe in case you forget to buy a wow token. The good thing is that you can keep buying wow tokens and it adds game time and your card wont be hit with a charge until that game time runs out.
    Plus you can just do it with game time Jay. Because then it would count the 60 days in straight away rather than wait 2 months.

You should suggest that on official forums

Would be cool actually. But they don't seem to care about sub numbers any more so don't think it would be on the table for them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

hmmm nice title
    Bitch Pls

Deleted
    what's the point? So you don't stay subbed anymore, cause you like the game, you stay for rewards? LMAO "Hey, I need to be rewarded for playing this game!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, thats the point. You don't get the exclusive rewards unless you are a participant in the program that rewards them.

Guess what, I was a SWTOR subscriber for the first year the game was out, and I have some pretty cool exclusive rewards for being an original player of the game that no one else can get who comes to the game now. It feels good, and when I do play SWTOR occasionally, I flaunt my exclusive stuff and people in game ask all the time how did i get it, and i just say "you had to be there at the beginning bro!"

It might feel "bad" to players who didn't participate, so they know the next time a rewards program happens, they should participate to get the rewards.