1 good game followed by 1 bad game. First one we did really well, won on Hanamura. Enemy team had no awareness and I got on point as Tracer, took 1/2 the point before a team member joined me, and got 3/4 done before the enemy team even tried defending it. Took point A easy, and finished B with about 4:30 minutes left. On defense, held B and finished the game.
    Next game, team INSISTS on 2/2/2, yet our dive tank never goes for Widow and let's her keep our healers pinned. Ended up having to go across the map as Junkrat to take out the sniper, making me useless on point; but, if I didn't do it then our headless were useless.
    Next game, enemy runs Pharmercy, no one bothers switching to counter her. Also made me realize, I haven't had a Mercy on my except maybe once or twice out of 15 games now, yet I always see them on enemy teams. Next round, we get stuck after getting the payload in Eichenwald because my team keeps feeding them thru the hallway. It's like the first team I went against with no awareness is suddenly all getting grouped with me.
    Getting extremely frustrating again.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-27 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I got a silence for being "abusive" in match chat and the only thing I do that could be construed as abusive is how I paste voice lines from my clip board into match chat every time I kill someone.

"Fucked! By the dragon."

Clearly it is a faulty reporting system when you can't even say the voice lines that exist in game.
    yeah...that isn't a voice line.

I'm not sure why you'd think it is, but it's not.

And spam can be considered abusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    yeah...that isn't a voice line.

I'm not sure why you'd think it is, but it's not.

It is a joke, because he says. "Marked! By the dragon."

It is a joke, because he says. "Marked! By the dragon."
    But you said "Clearly it is a faulty reporting system when you can't even say the voice lines that exist in game."

That's not a voice line. It may be a joke to you, but it's very possible that's the exact line that Blizzard considered problematic.

Just wish they'd get rid of doing placements every season, then i'd come back. In no world should you win 8-10 out 10 games and go down from the season before, if they just let it play out like usual games it'd be much better. (Leave them for noobies and those who didn't place the season before.)

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a reason why the game has a mature language filter and the ability to block other players

can we please stop acting like everyone who plays this game is 8 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    there is a reason why the game has a mature language filter and the ability to block other players

Spam has nothing to do with a mature filter, what are you even talking about.

Posting a line every single time you kill someone, regardless of language or not, is spam. Especially if you're a good player.
    And it's quite clear Blizzard does not like people taunting/trash talking the enemy, hence they slowed down the crouch animation so you can't teabag anymore, hence the "gg ez" filter, etc.

Hence, abusive chat.

And even then, having a mature language filter does not give you free reign to say whatever the hell you want in the game. Racial slurs get filtered, but you'll still get banned for using them.

So let's not act like a "mature filter" is an excuse to say whatever the heck you want and never get banned/muted for it.

But you said "Clearly it is a faulty reporting system when you can't even say the voice lines that exist in game."

That's not a voice line. It may be a joke to you, but it's very possible that's the exact line that Blizzard considered problematic.
    It is also hardly abusive behavior. Between people screaming at each other to kill themselves in team voice, bullying, shit talking extremely hostilely, being extremely racist, running around in circles trying to lose games, leaving right after the time ends to force a loss on a team. '

I heard a Mercy saying to a Reinhardt "You are the worst ****ing tank I have ever had the misery of playing with. Uninstall the ****ing game you fat piece of ****." This went on for the 20 minutes or so the game lasted.

I am a communicative, helpful and friendly player on every team I get barring 1 week a couple of months ago when was just unpleasant(not really toxic) because I was having a bad week. It is ridiculous to silence me without a warning for specifically what it is I was supposed to not do in the context of how awful people can be to each other in Overwatch.

It is also hardly abusive behavior. Between people screaming at each other to kill themselves in team voice, bullying, shit talking extremely hostilely, being extremely racist, running around in circles trying to lose games, leaving right after the time ends to force a loss on a team. '

I heard a Mercy saying to a Reinhardt "You are the worst ****ing tank I have ever had the misery of playing with. Uninstall the ****ing game you fat piece of ****." This went on for the 20 minutes or so the game lasted.

I am a communicative, helpful and friendly player on every team I get barring 1 week a couple of months ago when was just unpleasant(not really toxic) because I was having a bad week. It is ridiculous to silence me without a warning for specifically what it is I was supposed to not do in the context of how awful people can be to each other in Overwatch.
    You're claiming you should get away with one thing just because people do worse?

That's not quite how this works. Nor does it mean that they weren't punished more severely than you.

You're claiming you should get away with one thing just because people do worse?

That's not quite how this works. Nor does it mean that they weren't punished more severely than you.
    I don't think I did anything wrong. I still think it is funny. You are also ignoring the rest of what I said, that there was no warning indicating what wasn't acceptable by the ToS and that I am always goign out of my way, even when frustrated to pull my team together and keep them from tilting at one another.

I don't think I did anything wrong. I still think it is funny. You are also ignoring the rest of what I said, that there was no warning indicating what wasn't acceptable by the ToS and that I am always goign out of my way, even when frustrated to pull my team together and keep them from tilting at one another.
    The warning is the silence. It wasn't a full ban, it wasn't a permanent silence. Blizzard has always done increasing punishments as warnings, never a letter saying "Hey, please don't do that" with nothing else.

It was a slap on the wrist, a "Don't do that again, here's a minor punishment for you".

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Just wish they'd get rid of doing placements every season, then i'd come back. In no world should you win 8-10 out 10 games and go down from the season before, if they just let it play out like usual games it'd be much better. (Leave them for noobies and those who didn't place the season before.)
    FWIW, I lost 8 of 10 games last placement, and only went down like, ~200-300 points from the season before.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-12-27 at 10:48 PM.

You not thinking you did something wrong does not mean you didn't. ToS always seems pretty clear about abusive chat, language, behavior, etc.
    People do behave far worse than what you've stated; however, if you are excessively spamming emotes as a taunt in an attempt perceived to be toxic, as well as using abusive language while doing it, that can be considered toxic.
    As the reply stated, the warning is the silence and not a ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting a line every single time you kill someone, regardless of language or not, is spam.
    personally i don't understand this generation where everyone gets butthurt over every little thing they don't like, but i'm personally more likely to tell someone to shut up before blocking them. i've had people be abusive towards me and file falsified reports against me. know what I did? pressed P and left voice chat. when they started speaking in chat, i pressed P again and turned off match and party chat. reported them at the end of the game because they kept on and on past the point of being petty and venting frustration.

personally, i don't believe in silencing players unless they are using hate speech, intentionally making obnoxious sounds in voice for the sole purpose of bothering others, giving enemy team info (why do we even have a match chat in the first place?) and using misinformation/deception to grief other players i.e.: [SYSTEM] Please press ALT+F4 to collect your 5 free loot boxes within the next (1) minutes.

its like... i mean... i've played pc games for 10 years now and that's the oldest trick in the book, but it's just not acceptable behavior in competitive.

So let's not act like a "mature filter" is an excuse to say whatever the heck you want and never get banned/muted for it.
    Actually, i haven't seen a single racial slur used in a public chat channel that is censored. i play with the language filter on when i use my second account because i don't care enough to turn it off, but i have seen quite a few of the worst and most well known ones used. i was kind of surprised for a company that takes creating such a friendly game environment so seriously didn't censor remarks like that.

i know you really want to root for blizzard here and believe there is logic behind the way they handle things, but answer me this question: why do we punish others? I think that when most people answer that question, they would say to teach them that their behavior is inappropriate. So ultimately, the goal is to highly discourage or prevent the behavior from continuing.

what happens when you block a player because you don't like the way they are using comms? You stop recieving comms from them.

what happens when you beg incompetent daddy blizz to silence a player? they cant make callouts, they cant weigh in on team comp, they cannot suggest another plan of action, they can't answer a teammate's question. I just feel like players have the power to effectively permanently silence an extremely abusive player just by blocking them and it's a waste of blizzard's time and resources and only hurts the competitive community to silence players.

I also have news for anyone who thinks a silenced player's attitude is going to improve when they want to communicate information like that but can't.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-28 at 01:23 AM.

personally i don't understand this generation where everyone gets butthurt over every little thing they don't like, but i'm personally more likely to tell someone to shut up before blocking them. i've had people be abusive towards me and file falsified reports against me. know what I did? pressed P and left voice chat. when they started speaking in chat, i pressed P again and turned off match and party chat. reported them at the end of the game because they kept on and on past the point of being petty and venting frustration.

personally, i don't believe in silencing players unless they are using hate speech, intentionally making obnoxious sounds in voice for the sole purpose of bothering others, giving enemy team info (why do we even have a match chat in the first place?) and using misinformation/deception to grief other players i.e.: [SYSTEM] Please press ALT+F4 to collect your 5 free loot boxes within the next (1) minutes.

its like... i mean... i've played pc games for 10 years now and that's the oldest trick in the book, but it's just not acceptable behavior in competitive.
    It doesn't matter if you don't understand it, or if you don't even agree with it.

It's part of Blizzards ToS. The mature filter is just a preemptive step so people can take prevent themselves from seeing it.
    It doesn't mean that it's allowed.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

Actually, i haven't seen a single racial slur used in a public chat channel that is censored. i play with the language filter on when i use my second account because i don't care enough to turn it off, but i have seen quite a few of the worst and most well known ones used. i was kind of surprised for a company that takes creating such a friendly game environment so seriously didn't censor remarks like that.

i know you really want to root for blizzard here and believe there is logic behind the way they handle things, but answer me this question: why do we punish others? I think that when most people answer that question, they would say to teach them that their behavior is inappropriate. So ultimately, the goal is to highly discourage or prevent the behavior from continuing.

what happens when you block a player because you don't like the way they are using comms? You stop recieving comms from them.

what happens when you beg incompetent daddy blizz to silence a player? they cant make callouts, they cant weigh in on team comp, they cannot suggest another plan of action, they can't answer a teammate's question. I just feel like players have the power to effectively permanently silence an extremely abusive player just by blocking them and it's a waste of blizzard's time and resources and only hurts the competitive community to silence players.
    It's possible that's just a bug, or you're going by variations that are misspelled anyway to begin with, so they're not even on the filter.

And it's not about whether or not I'm "rooting" for Blizzard, I'm just stating facts. And that is extremely odd to try to twist the person breaking the rules into the victim.

If they want to communicate with other players, they shouldn't be using chat abusively, it's as simple as that. Blame them for acting inappropriately, not Blizzard for taking action.
    I mean, you were complaining in other posts that Blizzard isn't punishing some, and now you're frustrated that they're punishing others. You can't have both ways. And there's a reason said players are getting muted, and it's certainly not because they're team players trying to work with everyone else. It's because they keep getting reported for insulting/trash talking/harassing. So let's not pretend these are just people having a bad night.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's possible that's just a bug, or you're going by variations that are misspelled anyway to begin with, so they're not even on the filter.

And it's not about whether or not I'm "rooting" for Blizzard, I'm just stating facts. And that is extremely odd to try to twist the person breaking the rules into the victim.

If they want to communicate with other players, they shouldn't be using chat abusively, it's as simple as that. Blame them for acting inappropriately, not Blizzard for taking action.
    I mean, you were complaining in other posts that Blizzard isn't punishing some, and now you're frustrated that they're punishing others. You can't have both ways. And there's a reason said players are getting muted, and it's certainly not because they're team players trying to work with everyone else. It's because they keep getting reported for insulting/trash talking/harassing. So let's not pretend these are just people having a bad night.
    Strange, I'm sure it was on the other account I saw someone say it but I just checked it and it is censored. I've been flip flopping lately I guess and got mixed up.

but people always think i am defending bad behavior just because i would discipline it in a way that would make it stop or take them out of the game long enough to calm them down. i am not, it creates a huge communicative barrier to be silenced in competitive games and only hurts that player's team.

ideally, i'd think that you'd want a bot to monitor chat and the kind of language used and warn players they will be suspended from competitive play if they can't speak to their teammates with respect and automatically suspend them for 2-3 hours once their account's assigned value for use of offending keywords has exceeded a set figure. bots that ping enough reports of abusive behavior within a set time frame would be manually reviewed for the length of their automatic suspensions to be increased and would cut down GM workloads in that department tremendously.

it'd be something completely out of player hands, but do much more to discourage their behavior than what they are doing now. it would also only be for text chats but in my experience most people don't have the balls to rage in voice. I also think it could do a great deal to encourage more players to use voice and to report explicitly abusive voice comm interactions.

See, these players are angry - but they like to play Overwatch and they don't feel punished because they are still playing the game. I'm not sure what message they meant to send by silencing players but I don't think that "you can't talk to other players like that" was it.

- - - Updated - - -

really enjoying the last day of throwpetitive season 7
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-28 at 02:32 AM.

Just 1 support that heals me in a team fight. Just 1. Not a Moira who does damage and then channels her heal after I'm a corpse. Not a Mercy who pumps heals into a Rein with his shield up. Not a Lucio who never turns off speed boost. Just 1 healer who actually heals their team.

- - - Updated - - -

After that rant, decided to play 1 more game of comp before the season ended. Illios: 1st round went well, but I played Junkrat just okay. Well enough to keep the enemy from pushing mid that well, still had gold damage but not even a medal for elims. We ended up winning round 1. Round 2 was lighthouse and we got straight up wrecked. 0% on point for us. Had a teammate dc with 20 seconds left. Go into round 3 at well. Swapped to Pharah and we capped point 2nd to go to 30% before they took it back. Enemy got the point to 80% before our team member came back.
    Enemy gets to 99%, we all start going ham. Me and the Lucio on my team are booping people like crazy. I stop a Junk Ult before killing him, hoop Hog into the well, turn and shoot DVa which starts her mech exit sequence and Lucio boops her in the well. We take point back after that, hold all the way until the win. Lot of good Ults from me and my team during the round. Makes me wish I played Pharah more as I started staying away from her as most support don't bother looking up anymore.
    Felt like an overall good game to end the season on.

There is also a reason the game has a report feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strange, I'm sure it was on the other account I saw someone say it but I just checked it and it is censored. I've been flip flopping lately I guess and got mixed up.

but people always think i am defending bad behavior just because i would discipline it in a way that would make it stop or take them out of the game long enough to calm them down. i am not, it creates a huge communicative barrier to be silenced in competitive games and only hurts that player's team.

ideally, i'd think that you'd want a bot to monitor chat and the kind of language used and warn players they will be suspended from competitive play if they can't speak to their teammates with respect and automatically suspend them for 2-3 hours once their account's assigned value for use of offending keywords has exceeded a set figure. bots that ping enough reports of abusive behavior within a set time frame would be manually reviewed for the length of their automatic suspensions to be increased and would cut down GM workloads in that department tremendously.

it'd be something completely out of player hands, but do much more to discourage their behavior than what they are doing now. it would also only be for text chats but in my experience most people don't have the balls to rage in voice. I also think it could do a great deal to encourage more players to use voice and to report explicitly abusive voice comm interactions.

See, these players are angry - but they like to play Overwatch and they don't feel punished because they are still playing the game. I'm not sure what message they meant to send by silencing players but I don't think that "you can't talk to other players like that" was it.

- - - Updated - - -

really enjoying the last day of throwpetitive season 7

Yeah, the system sucks indeed.

I can't help it, but I like taunting people and teasing them. I don't call people "F*ing retard" or things like that, I rather say things to the enemy like "Where did you learn to aim, noob school?" you know on purpose really stupid and immature things, that really triggers them and they do play worse.

For christ sake, the mental game is a part of ANY competitive scene. If you can't handle this, how on earth do you survive IRL? Blizzard try to create this "perfect" game where everone is friends and all bad behaviour is punished, but it just becomes a riddicilous joke.

The system sucks, you could get silenced forever if people just randomly decide to gang up on you, even if you don't say anything, since it's automated. That prolly won't happen but it could!

I mean, after my current silence (24 days) HOW THE HELL do I even dare to play the game? If I say anything that offend anyone, I can get an even longer silence...
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, the system sucks indeed.

I can't help it, but I like taunting people and teasing them. I don't call people "F*ing retard" or things like that, I rather say things to the enemy like "Where did you learn to aim, noob school?" you know on purpose really stupid and immature things, that really triggers them and they do play worse.

For christ sake, the mental game is a part of ANY competitive scene. If you can't handle this, how on earth do you survive IRL? Blizzard try to create this "perfect" game where everone is friends and all bad behaviour is punished, but it just becomes a riddicilous joke.

The system sucks, you could get silenced forever if people just randomly decide to gang up on you, even if you don't say anything, since it's automated. That prolly won't happen but it could!

I mean, after my current silence (24 days) HOW THE HELL do I even dare to play the game? If I say anything that offend anyone, I can get an even longer silence...
    I know right? When I was 20 I use to steal cars for shits and giggles and then the cops started looking out for me and they started pulling me over no matter what car I was driving, I mean yeah every time they did it was a car reported stolen but I could of been driving my own car. They could totally gang up on me and accuse me of driving a stolen car when it is mine. I mean it doesn’t usually happen like that but it could!
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    There is also a reason the game has a report feature.
    act like we're all 8 years old it is then