Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good more exclusive content is more valuable. The best allied race is the one able to be played by the least people.

Some people don't enjoy questing, shrug.

Makes sense to require Suramaritarian due to what actually happens in those quests. Trying to avoid spoilers but without it, going by the lore your brand new level 20 Nightborne would be a wretch before finishing a single Deadmines run due to running out of ancient mana.

Insurrection is about freeing the Nightborne race, so it makes sense too. But they should have only required Suramaritarian.

Seriously. The game doesn't stop when you take a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Lightforged Draenei : 38 quests
    Nightborn: 249 quests (145 Good Suramarian, 64 Insurrection)

This seems a bit unfair if one cares about such things.

http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-suramar-guide
    http://www.wowhead.com/comprehensive-argus-guide
    Don't tell me you gotta FUCKING PLAAAAAAAAAAY A VIDEO GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME?!?!?!?

Where are the cops when you need them?

This needs to stop now. I refuse to spent money AND be forced to spend time playing. Fuck that, I want everything right now.

Better get started.

Better than being stuck behind a small amount of daily WQ in my opinion. Argussian reach, what a pain.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they're releasing all the rep and achievement requirements to entice some people planning on coming back for BFA to do so a little earlier? Suramar was a fun, but long quest chain, but I plowed through it a month and a half ago, after unsubbing for a while. Maybe that's why they decided that the Nightborne questline was long af, but it was already in the game so people can go and do it easily before BFA comes out, and have the requirements settled up before the xpac drops, so all they have to do is max your main, complete the quest, and level up an alt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    Best? You're kidding right? They are the single worst thing about the entire expansion. They are soul sucking in how absolutely terrible they are from the beginning to the end. If not for needing them to get flying I'd never have bothered with that cesspool. If you think they are even mildly okay you must be a pretty hardcore masochist.
    Oh look, its one of those 'my opinion can beat up your opinion' types.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I dont understand why people crying about the ally race "Attunement", the expansion is months away and you have all the time to do them and save me the whole "i dont like legion QQ" if you arent willing to pay to play dont expect blizz to care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I agree with your point, however, quick note, you got a free lvl 100, so there really wasn't a requirement for Demon Hunter other than buying the box.
    True, you did get a free 100, but the stipulation is still there. And you can't make a Demon Hunter on another server without a 100 being on it. I wanted to make a horde DH and was more or less forced to level another horde up just go entertain that idea.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nightborne questlines are also the best Legion has to offer, so shouldn't be away from anyone if you do them once.
    QFT. Suramar is just amazing first time I did it, a lot of story, everyone should do it once. #riprunas

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I wish they would lock more things behind quest so we get a better story experience. I’d much rather dk’s had been locked behind a quest line instead of just level 55.
    to be fair, they can't really leave the starting zone until they've done all the quests. (same deal with DH).

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Guess it doesn't even matter since you need to be exalted anyways, least the quests for Suramar will get you to exalted or least close to it. You think you're hitting exalted with Lightforged with 38 quests?

tldr: point is mute since you need exalted anyways and should have hit exalted (aka done all the quests) for Nightfallen anyways at least on one char unless you're a pleb and still using a ground mount
    Cant help but chuckle that you wrote TL: DR, yet wrote exactly the same amount of words...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    to be fair, they can't really leave the starting zone until they've done all the quests. (same deal with DH).
    I peronsaly would have made it more like an rpg where you start a quest line that then converts your toon into a Dk losing your old class with mabye a one time revert back.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I peronsaly would have made it more like an rpg where you start a quest line that then converts your toon into a Dk losing your old class with mabye a one time revert back.
    I do believe that was the actual plan for Death Knights to begin with but something happened during wrath development that stopped that. Wouldn't be surprised if Blizz realising how people bitch about anything decided best not to add another reason for people to bitch at.

But I just can't see why people are crying about Nightborne needing to have their sotry line done to actually be playable. If you've played Legion even super casually you'd have it done on at least one character by now.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Are you daft?

It does not matter if it's challenging or unchallenging (previous expansions content is always unchallenging though), it's the fact that any new player or old player returning in BFA is locked out in ONE OF THE SUB-RACES by a mammoth 250 quest questline whilst others are not.

Talk about missing the fucking point entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

You're wrongly assuming everyone plays wow all the time. that is certainly not the case. it's common to take breaks, skip expansions entirely, return later, etc.
    I am not wrongly assuming anything. Whether you choose to play or not, the time was still there to get the rep. Live with the consequences of your choices.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Cant help but chuckle that you wrote TL: DR, yet wrote exactly the same amount of words...
    I chuckled that the point was mute and not moot.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    I am not wrongly assuming anything. Whether you choose to play or not, the time was still there to get the rep. Live with the consequences of your choices.
    You do realize Blizzard takes into consideration new players, right?

"Wow, BFA looks awesome, can't wait to start playing wow on it, those Nightborne LOOK AWESOME... " followed by "WTF? I can't pick them!?!?!?" will surely lead to frustration and less retention.

But yea, nothing wrong there for the dudes that play non-stop for 13 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You do realize Blizzard takes into consideration new players, right?

"Wow, BFA looks awesome, can't wait to start playing wow on it, those Nightborne LOOK AWESOME... " followed by "WTF? I can't pick them!?!?!?" will surely lead to frustration and less retention.

But yea, nothing wrong there for the dudes that play non-stop for 13 years!
    Personally, if I was a brand new player and something was out of my reach that I really wanted, that would be immediate and primary goal when I play. When I first started playing, raiding current raids was something that sounded amazing to me, but I realized this was most definitely out my reach for a long time, but it became the main reason for me to log on for quite a while.

It's definitely a subjective opinion, but I don't have any issues with things being out of reach until you unlock them later. Even when I pick up a brand new game.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't bother me, personally. Just like in FFXIV where I had to do old content to do new expansion content, I'm fine needing to do content to get my shiny new purple elves. I am rewarded for my efforts. I also think it's a good step forward towards world building and storytelling; of course, I'm sure most people will skip the story dialog anyway but I for one appreciate their attempt at fleshing out the new races with a story.

I do understand it's not for everyone, though. Even though I appreciated it in the end, I was definitely irked that I had to do old content in FFXIV before I could play new content for the expansion I paid money for.

I'd be more worried the other way, at least for Nightborne you can rip through the questline in a day or two, all the others will take a lot longer since just quests will not even get you close to exalted.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.