Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From theroretical point of view, discrimination is wrong, doesn't matter from which side.
    But I don't know the particular case. Don't know he is right or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    From theroretical point of view, discrimination is wrong, doesn't matter from which side.
    But I don't know the particular case. Don't know he is right or not.
    Please think about what you just wrote and then think again why you even think this is discrimination.

He got fired for being a god dam asshole and not for being white. You don't go and talk shit about everybody that isn't white male in the company and think that it's acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    ofc it would. but then you basically put your faith in random people most of whom are statistically idiots who will hire white men just because they're white men.

see how it's not so easy?
    What do you base this on? On the recruiters being white? If so, try suggesting some time that, say, black people would be hiring predominantly other black, and see how this goes.

So, no, I don't see how it is not so easy. It *is* easy. Hire based on skills and skills only. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    What do you base this on? On the recruiters being white? If so, try suggesting some time that, say, black people would be hiring predominantly other black, and see how this goes.

So, no, I don't see how it is not so easy. It *is* easy. Hire based on skills and skills only. Easy.
    okay forgive me, i kinda worded that awkwardly, the same goes for blacks hiring blacks etc.

all I'm saying is that people have a tendency to do things based on subjective things rather than objective things.

so yes in theory it is easy, but in practice most people wont play like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Because movie 2 and movie 3 retcon this and flat out says that there is no actual choice, but only the illusion of it ? Because 1,2 and 3 points out repeadtedly that people that take the redpill are less ''rebels'' than ''annoying people that Machines let squat an old army base and exterminate periodically ?''
    What movie 2 and 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    What movie 2 and 3?
    The Matrix.

The Matrix.
    I think you're mistaken, The Matrix was only a single movie, there was no trilogy.

What a cuck snowflake.

Get another job if you feel like you're being discriminated against.

Now he wants the government to give him a handout instead of pulling himself up by his bootstraps.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    The fortune teller Celista, who's also a lawyer, has spoken, guys. Shut this shit down. No need to discuss anything anymore.
    I didn't say that but there's no way IN MY OPINION that this will settle for billions as he stated. My opinion isn't better than anyone else's.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Please think about what you just wrote and then think again why you even think this is discrimination.

He got fired for being a god dam asshole and not for being white. You don't go and talk shit about everybody that isn't white male in the company and think that it's acceptable.
    The case isn't about his firing or even him. You should maybe look up the qualifications of a class action lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to read the memo. You should listen to the JRE episode with him. Damore reveals a lot about the internal culture at Google. Which led him to research and write the memo.

A lot of people are about to lose their jobs at Google from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But he is not releasing it in a court of law he is releasing it to the public to give google bad press. If it was during the trial that would be different, I hope google's lawyers crush this blackmailing scumbag.
    The court of law is public. What you are quoting is a lawsuit. However, you still can't enforce an NDA against a court document afaik.

- - - Updated - - -

Because movie 2 and movie 3 retcon this and flat out says that there is no actual choice, but only the illusion of it ? Because 1,2 and 3 points out repeadtedly that people that take the redpill are less ''rebels'' than ''annoying people that Machines let squat an old army base and exterminate periodically ?''
    What? Do you even philosophy bro? Coming to understand truths about the species that you're a part of does has nothing whatsoever to do with determinism. It's not a retcon. He was bound to take the red pill, yes, but that doesn't diminish the understanding he gained from taking it - indeed taking the red pill ended up putting him on the path that would reveal even more, even if he was always going to.

By the way, The Matrix 2 and 3 were widely condemned for their boring and simplistic understanding of determinism, but that's a topic for another time.

Dumb question, why white nationalists use swatiskas and nazi regalia ?
    Why do BLM do the Black Power salute and screech "Black Power"? And I saw Charlottesville. Kinda weird how I saw no Nazi uniforms, no swastikas and only a few Nazi salutes. Could it be that being a Nationalist does not automatically make one <gasp> a Nazi?

HERESY I know.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly no, because google is way too big for 1 ex-worker to do even a dent on its surface
    and reading more comments it seems he is fraud than actual victim, so while it is usual to root for underdog, i don't want to root for under'asshole' so f8ck him if he was fraud
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Well, not having explicit policies saying "you should prefer hiring minorities" would help a bit.
    And how does that fix a system that has forced a minority of minorities through an entire series of multiple problems? It doesn't. The poor group of XYZ can cry that they're hypothetically losing something, but there is a group that is actually losing something because of the systemic preference of group XYZ enforced over decades. Hiring based on skills is an interesting concept, but what if your system has ensured that only group XYZ gets those skills? That is the problem we are currently facing. It has become cyclical, and we reinforce its cyclical nature. At some point, you have to help break the cycle, and "skills and qualifications" is scapegoat of people who know their system will always ensure they will be the ones with skills and qualifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    If you don't want to read the memo. You should listen to the JRE episode with him. Damore reveals a lot about the internal culture at Google. Which led him to research and write the memo.

A lot of people are about to lose their jobs at Google from this.
    I've read the memo, and it's frankly a load of garbage. Using Wikipedia as a source is eyebrow-raising for the subject he's broaching, but not citing a source at all for his more controversial leaps is where he went straight into dumpster town. Several of his points are only a paraphrase of "everyone knows x." But moreover, even the points themselves are vapid; citing a nearly insignificant single digit biological difference to explain a difference of representation of multiple tens of percents is absurd, moreover because that difference of representation does not exist in any other field that uses exactly the same logical skill sets. It's nonsense, propped up by a certain group of people who desperately wish to feel disenfranchised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renedric View Post
    Did you even read his memo or are you just one of the blind liberal dumbarses yelling witchcraft? The number one thing i've learned when dealing with crazy far left libs is that what they find the most offensive is FACTS.
    Yes I read his BS and I’m looking forward to watching him destroyed. The guys a vindictive rat.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    ofc it would. but then you basically put your faith in random people most of whom are statistically idiots who will hire white men just because they're white men.

see how it's not so easy?
    If random people that are put in Supervisor or Manager positions cant make a simple decision like hire the best with no regards to race or gender etx.
    Then they should have never been made a hiring manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Yes I read his BS and I’m looking forward to watching him destroyed. The guys a vindictive rat.
    So what do you say of expert psychologists who have agreed with what he said and defended him?

For example, what this person posted a few pages back:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    TL;DW since you will probably not click the link: Psychologist Steven Pinker defends Damore, says that Damore's argument is correct, that the evidence he presents in defense of his argument is accurate and a "pretty good reflection of the literature" on the subject.

Steven Pinker is a world renowned intellectual and author, highly regarded by all in his field, and currently teaches/does his research at Harvard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    So what do you say of expert psychologists who have agreed with what he said and defended him?

For example, what this person posted a few pages back:

TL;DW since you will probably not click the link: Psychologist Steven Pinker defends Damore, says that Damore's argument is correct, that the evidence he presents in defense of his argument is accurate and a "pretty good reflection of the literature" on the subject.

Steven Pinker is a world renowned intellectual and author, highly regarded by all in his field, and currently teaches/does his research at Harvard.
    I Would say Steven Pinker is a white supremacist along with the AEI white supremacist think tank, so his opinion wouldn't suprise me
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    I Would say Steven Pinker is a white supremacist along with the AEI white supremacist think tank, so his opinion wouldn't suprise me
    You are literally delusional.