Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    How so. Pigs have none of the higher traits of dogs.
    What traits are those? A pig is more intelligent than a dog. Arguably more intelligent than a human toddler

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    What traits are those? A pig is more intelligent than a dog. Arguably more intelligent than a human toddler
    Pigs are, like boars, extremely foul tempered and aggressive animals. They are also omnivorous and actually prone to Cannibalism. Only a rather recent breed of Pygmy pigs or teapot pigs has ever bothered to outbreed these natural tendencies. Think of it like mutual indifference.

A Pig will eat you just as happily as you will eat a pig.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Shoplifter View Post
    'all-too familiar Western superiority' Thinly veiled attempt to outrage and cause conflict. 1/10 must try harder
    No, he's completely right. People from western culture have the tendency to label anything that doesn't fit their narrow cultural view with words like barbaric, backwards thinking, savage, ... The words he chose might feel like a bait, but the concept behind them is a very sad truth.

Honestly, I think we treat our dogs even worse with all the inbreeding, trying to satisfy our twisted chase of some artificial perfection of form for the breeds. The traits we seek are very often completely undesirable and impractical for the animal itself to possess - like the shape of pug's head, causing them to constantly gasp for air. Honestly, boiling dogs alive is terrible, but the suffering does end fairly quickly. A pug is in state of half asphyxiation for its entire life.

So yeah, as long as the animal is treated in a way that doesn't cause it to suffer before getting slaughtered and eaten, I see nothing wrong with it. But that goes for all the animals. Afaik, pigs are smarter than dogs and we kill and eat those without any issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't you think a wild dog would eat you as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post

Don't you think a wild dog would eat you as well?
    Depends, do you mean a FERAL domestic dog or an actual species of Wild Dog.

Because Feral Domestic Dogs have several huge ranges of emotional problems and can do a variety of things.

Actual Wild Dogs are wild animals that have and always will be wild.

But I am not talking about Wild animals, I am talking about Domestic pigs, They would happily eat you if you could.

Pigs are, like boars, extremely foul tempered and aggressive animals. They are also omnivorous and actually prone to Cannibalism. Only a rather recent breed of Pygmy pigs or teapot pigs has ever bothered to outbreed these natural tendencies. Think of it like mutual indifference.

What’s your point. Dogs eat their owners post-mordem all the time

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...nsics-science/

Deleted
    What’s your point. Dogs eat their owners post-mordem all the time

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2...nsics-science/
    Post-mordem, or if the limb is necrotic. Because Dogs instinctively scavange waste food from humans and a dead human is simply waste food to them.

However, Dogs still have this idea of their owner that is sacrosanct.

A Pig does not, Pigs can and will try and eat you if they get the chance, alive or dead.

Depends, do you mean a FERAL domestic dog or an actual species of Wild Dog.

Because Feral Domestic Dogs have several huge ranges of emotional problems and can do a variety of things.

Actual Wild Dogs are wild animals that have and always will be wild.

But I am not talking about Wild animals, I am talking about Domestic pigs, They would happily eat you if you could.
    Imagine a dog that wasn't properly trained and lived in a pack just like a pig would when grown on a farm. There are breeds of pigs that are used as home pets (usually smaller than the half ton monster you grow for meat) too btw.

Post-mordem, or if the limb is necrotic. Because Dogs instinctively scavange waste food from humans and a dead human is simply waste food to them.

However, Dogs still have this idea of their owner that is sacrosanct.

A Pig does not, Pigs can and will try and eat you if they get the chance, alive or dead.
    Your trying to morally justify eating a pig, while stating eating a dog is wrong. The justication doesn’t exist. It’s just your cultural preference to consume one meat source over the other

Deleted
    Your trying to morally justify eating a pig, while stating eating a dog is wrong. The justication doesn’t exist. It’s just your cultural preference to consume one meat source over the other
    Well a good thing my culture is morally better then isn't it? I gave a very valid justification. Dogs are much MUCH more Loyal and Empathetic than pigs. Hell, COWS are much more Loyal and Empathetic than Pigs.

Or do you want the utter bare bones supremely logical justification?

Alright.

Dogs are Mammalian Carnivores, so they have less energy and calories per kg than meat from a herbivore. It's impracticle to breed dogs to eat, because they are carnivores.

Dogs Diets are almost identical to Humans, they just accept worse quality food. Anything you feed a dog "to fatten him up" you can eat yourself.

So my this literal logical choice, eating Dog is not a choice based upon logic, but Sadism.

Koreans eat dog because they can, not because they need to.

It not any worse than eating any other animal.

As long as it's not someone elses pet, and not endangered, its on the menu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    It not any worse than eating any other animal.

As long as it's not someone elses pet, and not endangered, its on the menu.
    Logically incorrect.

Logically incorrect.
    To many, emotionally incorrect. Logically, nothing off with eating an animal outside of humans.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    To many, emotionally incorrect. Logically, nothing off with eating an animal outside of humans.
    Well, I outlined it above. Eating Dog is just Culinary hubris for the sake of it.

Dog meat is very very poor for consumption, and to procure the meat is illogical.

It's like eating Rat meat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    And we got to a point where its Ok to eat any kind of meat if that animal is killed in humane way?
    Which is what I said on page 1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Which is what I said on page 1
    But by sheer logical outcome, even getting to the point of needing the Dog meat is a logically stupid argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats wrong with men having underage sex with young girls in middle eastern countries? Oh its part of their culture, their religious book tells them its okay, and it also says women need to cover up every bit of skin. Thats all okay because 'its part of their culture'.
    #boycottchina

Well, I outlined it above. Eating Dog is just Culinary hubris for the sake of it.

Dog meat is very very poor for consumption, and to procure the meat is illogical.

It's like eating Rat meat.
    If someone finds it delicious, can't tell them it doesn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Whats wrong with men having underage sex with young girls in middle eastern countries? Oh its part of their culture, their religious book tells them its okay, and it also says women need to cover up every bit of skin. Thats all okay because 'its part of their culture'.
    Careful now, all cultures and equal and beautiful.

I hope you're not bald though, because I may have to break your skull open for gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If someone finds it delicious, can't tell them it doesn't.
    Nobody finds Dog Delicious. Because it's been recorded as being a very chewy, flat meat with no real taste.

Koreans cook it because Koreans think pain adds flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Isn't the problem that dogs are stolen from owners or lifted from the street in order to be used for dog meat? That's pretty nasty, at the same time though as much as I love dogs, we eat other animals that are equally or more intelligent, like pigs.. And we don't seem to have any issue with that.
    It's a lot of this. Dogs aren't often bred/raised for eating. They're sometimes strays and often stolen. There are videos of butchers taking off a dogs collar and ID tag before killing them and putting them in a pot (if the dog is lucky it's in that order).
    Last edited by Stretchie; 2018-01-13 at 05:27 PM.

Nobody finds Dog Delicious. Because it's been recorded as being a very chewy, flat meat with no real taste.

Koreans cook it because Koreans think pain adds flavor.
    You speak for all humans? Taste is subjective.