Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Half of you don't even want to play Classic

How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2018-01-14 at 01:32 AM.

You're projecting yourself again.

Stop trying to blame other people over the preconceived notions that Classic will be a fuck-fest regardless of how Blizzard implements it, because it's Blizzard. You think for a second they aren't going to throw your 'genuine experience' under the bus for a few hundred thousand dollars extra a year? That's childish, like anyone who actually wants Classic.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

The reason Classic has to have no changes is because if it has even one change, we're right back where we started, and we have to put up with complaining in Twitch chat on every damn Q&A, people demanding "true" Classic servers and blah blah blah.

Changing also opens the door for people to start demanding a version with this change or that change, which can't happen but will not leave the discussion because there's "precedent".

"Retailers" (or maybe just players, that seems fairer) don't want Classic to fail. They just don't want Classic to impede on Live. Most don't want crap earned in Vanilla to be unlocked on Live; they want other mechanisms to make those things available. They don't want the devs to say "well, this is popular on Classic, let's put it back in the Live game", they want it a separate experience. And the more successful Classic servers are, the better the Live game will be - more subscriptions means more resources to make the Live game better, once they take what they need to run and maintain the Live servers - they won't be developing new expansions or patches for Classic servers, so theoretically subscriptions to Classic will funnel into Live, or at least other Blizzard properties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You're projecting yourself childish, like anyone who actually wants Classic.
    Not sure that you understood the post at all, but if you think anyone who wants Classic (which is whatever Blizzard decides it will be) is childish then why are you on the CLASSIC forum?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    The reason Classic has to have no changes is because if it has even one change, we're right back where we started, and we have to put up with complaining in Twitch chat on every damn Q&A, people demanding "true" Classic servers and blah blah blah.

Changing also opens the door for people to start demanding a version with this change or that change, which can't happen but will not leave the discussion because there's "precedent".

"Retailers" (or maybe just players, that seems fairer) don't want Classic to fail. They just don't want Classic to impede on Live. Most don't want crap earned in Vanilla to be unlocked on Live; they want other mechanisms to make those things available. They don't want the devs to say "well, this is popular on Classic, let's put it back in the Live game", they want it a separate experience. And the more successful Classic servers are, the better the Live game will be - more subscriptions means more resources to make the Live game better, once they take what they need to run and maintain the Live servers - they won't be developing new expansions or patches for Classic servers, so theoretically subscriptions to Classic will funnel into Live, or at least other Blizzard properties.

1) 1 change does not equal back where we started. That is farcical thinking.
    2) Who cares what twitch chat says? Turn it off
    3) People will prefer different changes individually that's why a majority will be found by voting or some other fashion.
    4) Why would Blizz change retail to be more like classic? Retail has it's own audience. Classic has it's own audience.
    5)You appear to have made the executive decision that there will be no additional content for Classic, amusing.
    6) Classic won't be used as a carcass for retail to leech finances from, for the simple reason that it will be more successful than retail.
    7) If anything development resources are likely to be used to expand Classic as it much easier for Blizz to alter Classic into matching previous success than altering retail to do so. Classic had most of it right.

You sound like the left after Brexit, Constantly trying to tell the right how what they want has changed or what they'll be given they'll hate.

Here's an idea, You do you and everyone else will do them
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

Here's an idea, stop trying to influence the development of games you have a minimal stake in and I'll stop doing you.

Quote Originally Posted by duannyboy View Post
    4) Why would Blizz change retail to be more like classic? Retail has it's own audience. Classic has it's own audience.
    You apparently missed the large amount of people that, for example, wants leveling to be more meaningful in WoW.

5)You appear to have made the executive decision that there will be no additional content for Classic, amusing.
    That's the point of Classic, is it not? By the definition of the word, it's likely to be a snapshot of how the game used to be, not to be a new game, in and of itself, to steer off in a different direction than current WoW with new, different expansions.

6) Classic won't be used as a carcass for retail to leech finances from, for the simple reason that it will be more successful than retail.
    Careful. You're veering quite close to double-standard territory, there. Classic can be successful just as much as it can be a failure. We have next to zero information about the game's implementation to even come close to have an approximation of an idea to guess how the game will fare.

7) If anything development resources are likely to be used to expand Classic as it much easier for Blizz to alter Classic into matching previous success than altering retail to do so. Classic had most of it right.
    Classic is classic. It's not supposed to be its own game with its own expansions.

Deleted
    The only change I'd make to classic is letting people 'activate' all three specs, instead of having to pay 50g a pop to respec. A vanilla experience where you can just play all aspects of your class without worrying you're going to bankrupt yourself (especially for healers who want to do anything by themselves) would be very freeing.

I wouldn't change anything else, even though vanilla is really shit compared to 'retail'.

I think it's more a case of the Classic Screeching Club, C.S.C, having spent years spreading their toxicity on every forum they could find, coming to a slow realization: They spent all those years hailing Classic as the ultimate iteration, knowing that nobody could tell them otherwise since such voices would be shot down through frequent usage of "No true Scotsman!!!"-fallacies.

But once Classic servers are out, the proof is in the pudding. Everyone will be able to log over to those servers and see for themselves. And thus, suddenly, C.S.C-zealots turn around and profess that Classic is the best iteration ever, BUT... it could do with tuning of raids. Or less bugs. Or better balancing. Or additional new content added once "the most challenging raid ever created!" has been cleared and the community has started doing timed runs through to keep it relevant and somewhat demanding.

And now, anyone saying "But it should be JUST Classic, no changes made!!" is being shot down with the new favourite fallacy of the Classic Screeching Club: "You're trolling, you don't even want to play Classic!!".

I play Live, I will play Classic, and I say this: There should be minimal alterations. Not because I want the project to fail, but because I want Classic to be just that. Otherwise, soon enough, we'll see people complain about wanting "TRUE VANILLA" in the future and be back on square 1.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-01-14 at 02:20 AM.

You sound like the left after Brexit, Constantly trying to tell the right how what they want has changed or what they'll be given they'll hate.

Holy actual shit. I can't believe you equated the propsed outcome of a server type that hasn't even been announced by a developer to how Brexit is turning out. Here's a great tip; people on the left also voted for brexit. Pull your head out of the main stream medias ass and have a look around you.

It seems you're also not understanding the main argument. What happens if Blizzard do not supply a 'proper vanilla experience?'. Any deviation might cause more calls for changes and different server types. Do they implement a server that cascades from 1.01 to 1.12, then resets to 1.01 after a year at 1.12? Do they supply actual QoL improvements such as GUI changes? Do they leave all the horrific bugs in? Do they leave the honour system in that led to people sleeping 4 hours a day for a month and arranging a pool of people with an order of who got GM?

I'm quite glad that a lot of these decisions are not in the hands of the player base, and I can guarantee that there will be people that hate what Blizzard eventually decide.
    RETH

You know, somehow I don't think this thread is going places.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I think it's more a case of the Classic Screeching Club, C.S.C, having spent years spreading their toxicity on every forum they could find, coming to a slow realization: They spent all those years hailing Classic as the ultimate iteration, knowing that nobody could tell them otherwise since such voices would be shot down through frequent usage of "No true Scotsman!!!"-fallacies.

But once Classic servers are out, the proof is in the pudding. Everyone will be able to log over to those servers and see for themselves. And thus, suddenly, C.S.C-zealots turn around and profess that Classic is the best iteration ever, BUT... it could do with tuning of raids. Or less bugs. Or better balancing. Or additional new content added once "the most challenging raid ever created!" has been cleared and the community has started doing timed runs through to keep it relevant and somewhat demanding.

And now, anyone saying "But it should be JUST Classic, no changes made!!" is being shot down with the new favourite fallacy of the Classic Screeching Club: "You're trolling, you don't even want to play Classic!!".

I play Live, I will play Classic, and I say this: There should be minimal alterations. Not because I want the project to fail, but because I want Classic to be just that. Otherwise, soon enough, we'll see people complain about wanting "TRUE VANILLA" in the future and be back on square 1.
    You're very confused as to who is a member of this "club" you describe. People who have spent years saying that Vanilla is the ultimate game are not now wanting changes. That group is now "no changes" because guess what:
    They are a miserable bunch who genuinely believe that a 14 year old game that they've played already multiple times is the best thing they can comprehend dedicating their free time to.

You're not being shot down by these people, you're being shot down by people wanting changes. Those people who want "True Vanilla" will have no reason to moan if Classic differs from that, the product they want to play has been available for years on private servers. If they really hate Classic that much they will go back there. They certainly won't invade the BFA forum spouting nonsense which is the equivalent of what you do.
    Last edited by mmocd2ad2cb4e7; 2018-01-14 at 02:36 AM.

You're very confused as to who is a member of this "club" you describe. People who have spent years saying that Vanilla is the ultimate game are not now wanting changes. That group is now "no changes" because guess what:
    They are a miserable bunch who genuinely believe that a 14 year old game that they've played already multiple times is the best thing they can comprehend dedicating their free time to.

You're not being shot down by these people, you're being shot down by people wanting changes. Those people who want "True Vanilla" will have no reason to moan if Classic differs from that, the product they want to play has been available for years on private servers. If they really hate Classic that much they will go back there. They certainly won't invade the BFA forum spouting nonsense which is the equivalent of what you do.
    Hahaha! Hilarious.

I know what I know, and thanks for proving my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a template on how Blizzard addresses re-releases like this. How much did they change with SC1 gameplay-wise now when they re-released it recently?

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you sit there and post your disengenous little threads about how "changes mean that it's not Classic anymore and that's what you asked for /trollface" and my personal favourite "but think of the poor people who signed the petition, this should be about them, not us"

The first one I kind of understand now. People have been telling you "retailers" that your version of the game is shit for a long time now. So you have the attitude that, well if Vanilla was so great let's see it as it was. What you don't understand is that everyone who played vanilla knows that even a 100% copy will be miles better than retail, it's just that changes will make it better still.

The second is just clutching at straws under the false pretenses of a moral highground. Supporting purists as if they are an endangered species purely because you want Classic to fail.
    No changes, go away.
    Make it better? No.

Here's an idea, stop trying to influence the development of games you have a minimal stake in and I'll stop doing you.
    Haha you actually think i want classic changed
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Hahaha! Hilarious.

I know what I know, and thanks for proving my point.
    Totally meaningless and no one can even see what you're referring to.
    When retail starts to collapse, you'll be crying inside but your stubbornness will mean you go down with the ship like the captain of the titanic. Meanwhile everyone else will be floating away to the haven of Classic island, pointing and laughing at you.

- - - Updated - - -

Haha you actually think i want classic changed
    Not sure where you got that idea. You are trying to influence the development by blocking changes.

Not sure where you got that idea. You are trying to influence the development by blocking changes.
    Blizzard have said themselves they want it as pure as possible, Going against changes is completely in line with the development of classic.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that it's trying to influence development, Unless you somehow think Blizzard want to make a shitshow classic with loads of changes (Which they clearly don't).
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    You realize that if Blizzard didn't have data, both internal and external, that said a great deal of people want this, that they wouldn't do it, right?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Classic is not intended as a Remaster or Reboot of WoW, it was never announced as such and will not be one, why people are expecting massive changes is beyond me.