Watching Laymen Gaming this morning and they mentioned that the bungie dev teams are already split up. They have their live team working to fix D2 and then they have a team working on D3 already. Makes me wonder if they have anybody working on actual content for D2. There was no mention of additional content to come last week with bungies update, and I don't believe we've heard about much of anything about the 2nd DLC. I also don't believe we've heard a single thing about the DLC beyond what comes with the expansion pass. They can fix everything they've talked about on their list, but without more content it's all pointless.

The teams also need to do a better job at communicating. They made some stupid simple mistakes with the things they've said about D2, and I guess that's no different than it was in D1. They tell us one thing and then we get into the game and it's not like that at all.

There's certain things that when you think about it doesn't give you very much hope for the future of this game. I wish they would spend more time fine tuning D2 and forget D3 entirely, but I have this feeling that they consider D2 a big mistake and just want to get over it and past it, and attempt to fix it all with a new game, D3.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Otherwise kindly fuck off on telling me what to do. (note colorful language doesn't mean i'm upset )
    You really need to take your own advice here.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You really need to take your own advice here.

Quote me once telling you to do something.

Alright folks, disagreements are fine and criticism is cool (as long as it's productive), but flaming is not and personal disputes need to be taken to PM rather than aired in threads. Let's keep discussion on Destiny please, thanks y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright folks, disagreements are fine and criticism is cool (as long as it's productive), but flaming is not and personal disputes need to be taken to PM rather than aired in threads. Let's keep discussion on Destiny please, thanks y'all.
    Sorry for off topic, just want to say you're a good Mod edge. After seeing how other mods in off topic and other areas hand out infractions left and right, you easily rank among the best on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Watching Laymen Gaming this morning and they mentioned that the bungie dev teams are already split up. They have their live team working to fix D2 and then they have a team working on D3 already. Makes me wonder if they have anybody working on actual content for D2. There was no mention of additional content to come last week with bungies update, and I don't believe we've heard about much of anything about the 2nd DLC. I also don't believe we've heard a single thing about the DLC beyond what comes with the expansion pass. They can fix everything they've talked about on their list, but without more content it's all pointless.
    Well they have a ten year contract with Activision that says they need a physical release at least once per year. Its why Destiny had Destiny, Destiny the Taken King Edition and Destiny: The collection with Rise of Iron. D2 was put back so RoI was made so another physical release could be put out to keep the agreements. So they need some "Destiny 2: BLANK edition" by September 2018 and just look when most of the fixes are promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very few games feel nowadays fel as labors of love; for me to name two that I keep as standards Fallout 2 and Most automata. It's not enough to have just a couple of strong points: D2 has great art style and gunplay. But others had/have that, plus story, music, dialogues that are SMART, Funny, etc, replayability, even if they are not mmos and many other parts that come together and reward/entertain the player.

Then again we are all humans. If history teached me anything is that we never learn it's lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Very few games feel nowadays fel as labors of love; for me to name two that I keep as standards Fallout 2 and Most automata. It's not enough to have just a couple of strong points: D2 has great art style and gunplay. But others had/have that, plus story, music, dialogues that are SMART, Funny, etc, replayability, even if they are not mmos and many other parts that come together and reward/entertain the player.

Then again we are all humans. If history teached me anything is that we never learn it's lessons.
    See that the interesting bit.

Destiny 2 got amazing music, graphics, funny dialogue (subjective), great gameplay, fun modes, tons of replay value.

Destiny 2 doesnt have great story, interesting characters (colonel chicken is standout), rewarding systems.

It is a shame really but another game progression crippled by micro transactions. But at the very least i try to become open minded. I bought D2 and season pass. Nobody will give me back this money. They are already spend. Game seems to be improving over time, will wait and see. If problems would be fixed then awesome, will install and play again. Some people seems to have vendetta against this title. Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    See that the interesting bit.

Destiny 2 got amazing music, graphics, funny dialogue (subjective), great gameplay, fun modes, tons of replay value.

Destiny 2 doesnt have great story, interesting characters (colonel chicken is standout), rewarding systems.
    Everything alright, but the bolded part is like wtf. What replay value? Playing the story again? Boring. Farming strikes or events? Boring. Making three characters doing the exact some stuff? Boring. Or is tons of replay just the raid and gangbanging ppl in pvp? Replay value is heavily tied to the nonexistent rewarding system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even 'farming' can be... less unpleasant. That's the challenge, and some games have found ways of dealing with it. Killing the same enemies and doing the same activities should feel rewarding and fun. This is the kind of game D2 has to be, in order to generate more money.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    -snip-
    If this is true, even more reasons to stay away from Bungie products. Instead of realizing that to build a legacy you need to put some serious effort on your product to fix it when it has issues, they just go the "we will make better with the next one" route, and we all know it's a ridiculous way to make shovelware and high-priced stuff so people just enter the "buy next" loop.

As for the "good gameplay, shit tier systems" comments, i must agree. Gameplay/gunplay feels right on the spot. Problem is everything else around it. Again, it feels literally like Diablo 3.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    If this is true, even more reasons to stay away from Bungie products. Instead of realizing that to build a legacy you need to put some serious effort on your product to fix it when it has issues, they just go the "we will make better with the next one" route, and we all know it's a ridiculous way to make shovelware and high-priced stuff so people just enter the "buy next" loop.

As for the "good gameplay, shit tier systems" comments, i must agree. Gameplay/gunplay feels right on the spot. Problem is everything else around it. Again, it feels literally like Diablo 3.
    Its kind of an interesting split online where you can clearly see the people new to destiny and the people used to and tired of NuBungie's horseshit. Its a 50-50 between "YOU DID IT AGAIN?!?" and "c-come on they have to learn and its not fair to judge a game before its finished!"

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Again, it feels literally like Diablo 3.
    And the ironic part is that is what I was saying about Destiny 1. History does repeat itself when people don't learn from it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    May be something like this:
    Bungie/Activision bosses and team leads meeting:
    Release the product 'incomplete / shallow / hollow / how we got it in reality' => will get us(Activision/Bungo) X $.
    Invest more time/money, make it better => will get us Y $.
    Boss man M decides that the first is the better option.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...action_tokens/

Oh boy, Bungo may already be shitting the bed a bit. Apparently if you're running lots of lost sectors your faction token rewards get throttled hard and you end up not getting rewards from a lot of them rather than just dramatically reduced rewards, as we're apparently supposed to be getting.

Real curious to see if they fucked up anything else with the faction rally, and to see if they acknowledge/explain/fix the issue folks are noticing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...action_tokens/

Oh boy, Bungo may already be shitting the bed a bit. Apparently if you're running lots of lost sectors your faction token rewards get throttled hard and you end up not getting rewards from a lot of them rather than just dramatically reduced rewards, as we're apparently supposed to be getting.

Real curious to see if they fucked up anything else with the faction rally, and to see if they acknowledge/explain/fix the issue folks are noticing.
    I think Bungie is trying to keep up there track record of release a patch and break shit...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

At this point it's hard not to be impressed with all the ways they've managed to screw even basic shit up, like Faction Rallies that they've been doing for years in Destiny 1. Like, it's not impressive in a good way, but it's impressive nonetheless.

I'm doing my best to try to root for Bungie and be optimistic, because I really do want to see them turn the game around and make it the incredible game it could be, but with every unforced error like this it's getting harder and harder to maintain that position and not delve into more mean-spirited shitposting : /

I'm doing my best to try to root for Bungie and be optimistic, because I really do want to see them turn the game around and make it the incredible game it could be
    I faintly remember feeling this way a long time ago, Now I just laugh each time they release a patch because I know something will get fucked up.

To be honest IMO they are handling Destiny 2 worse then Destiny 1 and that's fucken impressive.

I really don't get why people are playing a gear farming game where better gear makes literally no difference in 99% of game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I really don't get why people are playing a gear farming game where better gear makes literally no difference in 99% of game activities.
    Because it's the chase for that gear rather than the power itself that some of us like. Because you still gain power, just not purely directly. To make the next DLC's power-gain faster so you can access activities there immediately/faster. There are a bunch of reasons.

Edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...ally_were_not/

Guess they were supposed to wipe tokens from the last Faction Rally but didn't, but waiting to see if more folks chime in to back up OP here.

If so...I just don't know anymore. They even delayed this damn Faction Rally a month just to push out the hotfix allowing non-DLC owners to play it again.

Edit 2: Apparently this effects Faction tokens from public event chests as well..

Yeah, literally what the fuck is the sandbox team doing. From what I can tell this is supposed to very much be their territory, and this looks like a shitshow. They had extra time to QA the fucking event while they pushed a hotfix to let non-DLC owners participate, and it looks like they did fuckall with that time.

What a fucking shitshow. Hopefully this won't affect Strikes as well, but there goes the time I was planning to spend in the game beyond just clearing out weekly milestones for the first time in months.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2018-01-16 at 10:11 PM.