Page 73 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Seriously, Jodi and Donna are amazing. I don't see what the complaints about the episode were; they caught people up on side characters that have been fan favorites. We got some funny lines ("It's a lizard. It tastes like lizard."). We got some weird shit. All good.

Donna is ok but I feel she wasn't needed. Plus I live in Wisconsin somewhat near Stillwater, have been there tons of times, and have never heard anyone in my life sound like that. The closest that had come to that "Fargo Accent" was a 20 something Canadian guy my brother and I went to meet when he bought an engine from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Donna is ok but I feel she wasn't needed. Plus I live in Wisconsin somewhat near Stillwater, have been there tons of times, and have never heard anyone in my life sound like that. The closest that had come to that "Fargo Accent" was a 20 something Canadian guy my brother and I went to meet when he bought an engine from him.
    Donna's basically a "what if the sheriff from Fargo was a hunter in this show" character, but it takes the juxtaposition that made that character shine and cranks it up to 11, for me.

Jodi's more "real", but Donna's more "fun".

Donna is clearly a reference/tribute to fargo.

Supernatural and pop culture references are kind of a thing

meh i liked it.. my palm wasn't glued to my face the whole time like in that girl power episode with the arrow/flash girls.

Everything with the women in supernatural was fine before. Most of the time i liked them. Until this obviously forced pc shit happend. If you think that you need an entire episode to empower (already fine) women you do them no favor. At least in my point of view.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Everything with the women in supernatural was fine before. Most of the time i liked them. Until this obviously forced pc shit happend. If you think that you need an entire episode to empower (already fine) women you do them no favor. At least in my point of view.
    The message of the episode was about family, not about "girl power". They could've done this episode with a bunch of male side characters instead with basically zero changes necessary. They didn't, because the most liked side characters (who haven't died yet) have been this particular group, who happen to be women.

The message of the episode was about family, not about "girl power". They could've done this episode with a bunch of male side characters instead with basically zero changes necessary. They didn't, because the most liked side characters (who haven't died yet) have been this particular group, who happen to be women.
    Change literally everything to be the opposite, and you have a group of men that don't give a shit about when one of their own dies and kill a bunch of female baddies after saving two women from getting their asses kicked by a lone man. You'd be on here flipping out about misogyny faster than you could say Justin Trudeau.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Change literally everything to be the opposite, and you have a group of men that don't give a shit about when one of their own dies and kill a bunch of female baddies after saving two women from getting their asses kicked by a lone man. You'd be on here flipping out about misogyny faster than you could say Justin Trudeau.
    You're being ridiculous and nonsensical, and flat-out making shit up at this point. Makes it clear you're here to complain that "girls suck" rather than anything to do with the actual episode.

You're being ridiculous and nonsensical, and flat-out making shit up at this point. Makes it clear you're here to complain that "girls suck" rather than anything to do with the actual episode.
    Yes, because that's the issue with the episode. Girls suck, not the fact that it sucked.

- - - Updated - - -

I also love the fact you say I'm being nonsensical and making shit up when that literally happened in the episode. I put in my arguments about the show earlier and you seem content to argue with everyone that you're right when you have no compelling reasons to prove such besides "girls rule."

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because that's the issue with the episode. Girls suck, not the fact that it sucked.
    When explaining why it "sucked", you basically said "there's girls in it doing stuff."

I also love the fact you say I'm being nonsensical and making shit up when that literally happened in the episode. I put in my arguments about the show earlier and you seem content to argue with everyone that you're right when you have no compelling reasons to prove such besides "girls rule."
    That I like specific characters and got to see more of them this episode.
    That I appreciated getting back in touch with side characters and fleshing out the setting beyond the bros.
    That the "bad world" got fleshed out a bit, even if we have no idea WTF any of it means yet.

Plenty of stuff to like.

When explaining why it "sucked", you basically said "there's girls in it doing stuff."

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#417394]

That I like specific characters and got to see more of them this episode.
    That I appreciated getting back in touch with side characters and fleshing out the setting beyond the bros.
    That the "bad world" got fleshed out a bit, even if we have no idea WTF any of it means yet.

Plenty of stuff to like.
    If that's all you took away from it, you're retarded.

I'm glad *you* liked things in the episode, but I don't get how you can like characters you're supposedly a fan of being butchered for the sake of grrl power. For me, it was a huge disservice to Jody and Donna, but who cares because one of those side characters you loved got killed and no one cared, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If that's all you took away from it, you're retarded.

I'm glad *you* liked things in the episode, but I don't get how you can like characters you're supposedly a fan of being butchered for the sake of grrl power. For me, it was a huge disservice to Jody and Donna, but who cares because one of those side characters you loved got killed and no one cared, right?
    You're trying way too hard. Not sure why a bunch of girls bonding together is such a threat to you.

You're trying way too hard. Not sure why a bunch of girls bonding together is such a threat to you.
    This isn't Gilmore Girls. Or Grey's Anatomy. Or Sex And The City. You keep moving those goal posts and I'll keep kicking that ball straight through them.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't Gilmore Girls. Or Grey's Anatomy. Or Sex And The City. You keep moving those goal posts and I'll keep kicking that ball straight through them.
    I'm not "moving goalposts". Your entire complaint is "eww, there's GIRLS in here." It's abject, misogynistic nonsense.

I'm not "moving goalposts". Your entire complaint is "eww, there's GIRLS in here." It's abject, misogynistic nonsense.
    I also didn't like the Bloodlines pilot, so maybe I just don't like backdoor pilots? Who knows, maybe I just want to watch the show I've been watching. I really don't know what to tell you. The fact that you took it as a misogynistic complaint when I laid out as much as I disliked about the episode without just posting the entire episode and you still only gleaned from it that women are involved might be on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also didn't like the Bloodlines pilot, so maybe I just don't like backdoor pilots? Who knows, maybe I just want to watch the show I've been watching. I really don't know what to tell you. The fact that you took it as a misogynistic complaint when I laid out as much as I disliked about the episode without just posting the entire episode and you still only gleaned from it that women are involved might be on you.
    That you're bashing it for being "grrl power" and such is what betrays your agenda, y'know. I'm not reading anything into your posts you're not stating.

That you're bashing it for being "grrl power" and such is what betrays your agenda, y'know. I'm not reading anything into your posts you're not stating.
    Jesus Christ. This is why you're not allowed to moderate anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ. This is why you're not allowed to moderate anymore.
    Let's take a glance back through recent history, shall we?

From the theme song to the ending with the whole "strong women at my side" line that oddly never seems to have to be said about men. An all-girl cast with a female enemy that they don't identify by gender for fear of micro-aggressing it, who takes down Sam and Dean fluidly and with ease.
    I don't get how you can like characters you're supposedly a fan of being butchered for the sake of grrl power.
    This isn't Gilmore Girls. Or Grey's Anatomy. Or Sex And The City.

Your issues with the episode were repeatedly stated to be that it had strong female characters, primarily. You mentioned a few other things in that first post, but they weren't what you kept coming back to with subsequent posts.

Heaven forbid I point out what you're saying. How, exactly, is that unfair to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If Supernatural plans to continue with this girl power shit, where these women get much bigger roles and are heavily included in the main antagonist plot/takedown (like blondie said), I won’t continue watching the show. Mary already made me dislike the last season.
    It’s a pilot for a new show, if it’s picked up, you’ll never see these people again, aside from the occasional crossover. If you didn’t like it, don’t watch it next fall.

Deleted
    If Supernatural plans to continue with this girl power shit, where these women get much bigger roles and are heavily included in the main antagonist plot/takedown (like blondie said), I won’t continue watching the show. Mary already made me dislike the last season.
    then please be gone. this thread will thank you forever seeing as all you do is hate on stuff anyway.
    was a solid pilot for the spin off.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think his complaints were misogynistic. He listed numerous reasons why he didn’t like the episode, which didn’t seem to be based on ill feelings towards women. I’ve been watching this show since the beginning, and this episode, despite what you think, felt very forced and had a very “girl power” feel to it.
    Then you have a problem. It was clearly as Endus also said about FAMILY - if you turn that into "girl power" its a YOU problem.