Page 1 of 3
LastLast

No real gains or losses. Boring.

As the title implies. It truly makes me a sad panda that - SO FAR - all we hear about are meaningless changes in game terms.

The Horde burns down Darnassus. But they don't occupy it. Basically just HURR DURR BURNT TREE. Lazy.

The Alliance captures Lordaeron BUT NOT REALLY CAUSE BLIGHT HURR DURR. So now it's just an empty city.

I guess that is one way to spare yourself a lot of work in creating and animating new assets.

I mean, you could hope that with successive patches you'd see an evolution, but every time I thought like that I ended up disappointed, so I won't. You could have *gasp* assymetric gains or losses. But the playerbase is too whiny for it (both sides).

This "If one side loses something the other must too" is for the birds.

Deleted
    Losing undercity and darnessus is a loss. It affects very little in the game world really though i agree as both were not the go to cities although uc was way more used than darn was.

But none the less it's still losses, no one really gains from the war except nzoth who will be the final boss when you find out he is the one who has manipulated the war to happen as the final piece of escaping his prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    As the title implies. It truly makes me a sad panda that - SO FAR - all we hear about are meaningless changes in game terms.

The Horde burns down Darnassus. But they don't occupy it. Basically just HURR DURR BURNT TREE. Lazy.

The Alliance captures Lordaeron BUT NOT REALLY CAUSE BLIGHT HURR DURR. So now it's just an empty city.

I guess that is one way to spare yourself a lot of work in creating and animating new assets.

I mean, you could hope that with successive patches you'd see an evolution, but every time I thought like that I ended up disappointed, so I won't. You could have *gasp* assymetric gains or losses. But the playerbase is too whiny for it (both sides).

Yeah, and if they do it, it would but sooo cool. Nobody would scream. No, for real. You would get an ocean of tears about "HOW COULD THE ALLIANCE/HORDE LOOSE THIS OR THAT! AND WHY DONT WE GET SOMETHING SIMILAR!!1111"

Deleted
    The symmetry between the two factions is getting so boring. Ever since the storyline of Garrosh they seem to be really afraid to have asymmetrical stories and effects to the faction. It truly feels really boring and predictable. Symmetry between Sylvanas and Anduin too. I bet the void is going to interrupt the final fight between the factions too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they can't do an impactful story in an mmo because it messes with gameplay. That's why i never gave a shit about it.

Deleted
    Do these things even have an impact on the game? Like Undercity no longer an undead city hub and Darnassus no longer a night elf city hub? Or are they just crap scenarios in an "alternate universe" that don't affect the game in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Do these things even have an impact on the game? Like Undercity no longer an undead city hub and Darnassus no longer a night elf city hub? Or are they just crap scenarios in an "alternate universe" that don't affect the game in any way?
    It's probably going to be like Theramore. Once you hit 110 and do the scenario, Darnassus/Undercity (but NOT Tiristfal Glades) will be burnt down/in ruins. Howevere there'll be a Bronze Dragon NPC nearby you can speak to and see it as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    It's probably going to be like Theramore. Once you hit 110 and do the scenario, Darnassus/Undercity (but NOT Tiristfal Glades) will be burnt down/in ruins. Howevere there'll be a Bronze Dragon NPC nearby you can speak to and see it as it was.
    That sounds like a terrible way of doing it.

if they build something it will take some time...you espect to a whole new city appear magicaly over the ashes?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Im pretty sure that is exactly what Blizzard said they were going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    if they build something it will take some time...you espect to a whole new city appear magicaly over the ashes?
    As long as it doesnt take 6 years like fixing the SW park district.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineluki View Post
    As long as it doesnt take 6 years like fixing the SW park district.
    Don't forget the bridge in Lakeshire. =-)
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The one big curse of storytelling in a MMORPG setting with more than a playable faction.

HURR DURR BURNT TREE
    You lost me here. Form a constructive argument next time.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Haha, no kidding. Hmmm, 6 years for both of those, must have been the same crew working on it.

Losing Undercity matters to me on an emotional level.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I'm sure some kid npc is still a kid since vanilla around somewhere, unlike anduin

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    The symmetry between the two factions is getting so boring. Ever since the storyline of Garrosh they seem to be really afraid to have asymmetrical stories and effects to the faction. It truly feels really boring and predictable. Symmetry between Sylvanas and Anduin too. I bet the void is going to interrupt the final fight between the factions too.
    not only it's boring but the fact that changes only happen in book and are never show ingame is also a huge letdown, i'm already upset we wouldn't see any change in Kalimdor and EK despite both being now totally in Horde and Alliance hands
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

This is why a Faction War is really stupid. I have a hunch that this will be all there is for the expansion and the Old gods wont show up till the very end
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Yes, that is exactly my problem with Alliance vs Horde. Not gain, no loose. At least not something meaningfull. Also, at the end, its the same. Working together, only to kill each other the next time we get the chance. It feels so forced nowadays....