Page 17 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This "confirmation" was found in the Game Files for NPC's and player races. Doesn't mean they're final. I won't jump to any conclusions until I see the classes officially stated on the main WoW webpage. The current class set might aswell be added for the sake of customizing NPC's of these races, and the reason why I think these aren't final is because in these files Dark Irons can't be Paladins and Priests. Paladins were confirmed and their leader is a freaking Priest.

I also want to remind people that Gnome Hunters were put in Legion as an afterthought.

Troll Warlock and Dwarf Warlock were added in Cataclysm after player feedback from Blizzcon, because Warlocks didn't get any new race combinations among the original races.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Considering we aren't getting them until after the launch, there's still plenty of time for Blizzard to change their mind about zandalari paladin and dark iron shaman/priest. Hopefully if enough commotion is raised, they will.
    It's got to just be unfinished state. Of course dark iron dwarves can be priests.. Like duuhh, they're led by a damn priest. Moira's been a priest order hall questgiver the last year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    It's got to just be unfinished state. Of course dark iron dwarves can be priests.. Like duuhh, they're led by a damn priest. Moira's been a priest order hall questgiver the last year and a half.
    Moira's not a Dark Iron Dwarf... she's a Bronzebeard who happened to marry into the Thaurissan royal line and is the Queen Regent for her minor son, who is the titular King of the Dark Iron Dwarves. That said, there are lots of actual Dark Iron priests (including the High Priestess who replaced Moira in Cataclysm), more than enough to make Blizz look like fools for not including that class for the race. However, Moira herself is not a Dark Iron, she is racially a member of the Bronzebeard clan and her innate abilities would reflect that.

Not that it matters much, but if you're going to argue a point, make certain your supporting facts actually support it.

Why are so many people against Zandalari paladins? And you're talking about balance... nothing is balanced ingame right now. And nothing will be balanced. What people are asking about isn't balance it its not going against balance. They just want another paladin horde. And why not Zandalari? As sooo many have presented, lorewise, Zandalari has had paladin-like NPCs in the past. So whats so wrong about letting players be Paladins? "Trolls can be too many classes" yeah well these are not Darkspear trolls. These are Zandalari trolls and should be taken as a different class altogether. If anything, have them drop shamans and warlocks. IMO shamans doesn't fit them and warlocks just doesn't make sense...

I'm so glad this didn't happen.

Troll paladins? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    But they draw their power from the Holy Light. Zandalari don't.
    OK, but Trolls can be priests. So why are Paladin's so out of the question?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Why are so many people against Zandalari paladins?
    Because the Paladin class description, skills and central lore characters still screams: Only Humans and their friends may be Paladins. The actual lore is more nuanced than that, but when we are force-fed 10 Human Male Paladin NPC's for every 1 Paladin NPC of another race, then players kind of get the idea, that Paladins should be a non monstrous humanoid thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    Why are so many people against Zandalari paladins? And you're talking about balance... nothing is balanced ingame right now. And nothing will be balanced. What people are asking about isn't balance it its not going against balance. They just want another paladin horde. And why not Zandalari? As sooo many have presented, lorewise, Zandalari has had paladin-like NPCs in the past. So whats so wrong about letting players be Paladins? "Trolls can be too many classes" yeah well these are not Darkspear trolls. These are Zandalari trolls and should be taken as a different class altogether. If anything, have them drop shamans and warlocks. IMO shamans doesn't fit them and warlocks just doesn't make sense...
    It's because "MUH TRANSMOG" while ignoring that tauren are already paladins and you can't really have Zandalari be worse than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Considering we aren't getting them until after the launch, there's still plenty of time for Blizzard to change their mind about zandalari paladin and dark iron shaman/priest. Hopefully if enough commotion is raised, they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharim View Post
    This "confirmation" was found in the Game Files for NPC's and player races. Doesn't mean they're final. I won't jump to any conclusions until I see the classes officially stated on the main WoW webpage. The current class set might aswell be added for the sake of customizing NPC's of these races, and the reason why I think these aren't final is because in these files Dark Irons can't be Paladins and Priests. Paladins were confirmed and their leader is a freaking Priest.

I also want to remind people that Gnome Hunters were put in Legion as an afterthought.

Troll Warlock and Dwarf Warlock were added in Cataclysm after player feedback from Blizzcon, because Warlocks didn't get any new race combinations among the original races.
    Yeah this is why I believe we should ask politely for it and by using various in game back-ups with reasoning attached to it togeter with suggestions.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20761756795

This man gets it, and writes in really sweet style.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    The Zandalari classes are 100% confirmed. If you don't like the omissions, I would make sure you let Blizzard know because it's not going to change if you don't.

If enough people are curious I could even post the entire table; it's the file the game uses to populate which buttons are highlighted on the character creation screen, so you can't get more straightforward than that. Dark Iron Dwarves have zero entries in that file at the moment because they aren't enabled for character creation.

The Dark Iron/Thin Human/Vulpera stuff that Wowhead posted today is not remotely confirmed. It's guesswork based on racemask data, which is often incomplete intentionally (because it's not used to determine race/class availability directly, unlike the table I mentioned).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The Zandalari classes are 100% confirmed. If you don't like the omissions, I would make sure you let Blizzard know because it's not going to change if you don't.

If enough people are curious I could even post the entire table; it's the file the game uses to populate which buttons are highlighted on the character creation screen, so you can't get more straightforward than that. Dark Iron Dwarves have zero entries in that file at the moment because they aren't enabled for character creation.

The Dark Iron/Thin Human/Vulpera stuff that Wowhead posted today is not remotely confirmed. It's guesswork based on racemask data, which is often incomplete intentionally (because it's not used to determine race/class availability directly, unlike the table I mentioned).
    This is why I also like that Zandalaries will come later, we have more time to provide feedback, and not just in regards of this race/class combo, but also concerning about Zandalari height, and the lack of back toe on male model. (hopefully more customisation options).

They are still really small.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    This is why I also like that Zandalaries will come later, we have more time to provide feedback, and not just in regards of this race/class combo, but also concerning about Zandalari height, and the lack of back toe on male model. (hopefully more customisation options).
    I think small things like height and other cosmetic requests can be changed, but class/race combo is one of those things that belong in the category of "developer's vision" and very unlikely to change once they are confirmed.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Possible but I doubt it. Dwarf shaman canonically are just wildhammer dwarves.
    Canonically, objectively, amazingly, cataclysmically, super wrong. The wildhammer dwarves trained a select few of bronzebeard dwarves to be shamans. If you knew anything about the lore you would know that the the bronzebeards racials are something exclusive to their clan, a wildhammer dwarf would not have stoneform - therefore the playable dwarf shamans are NOT wildhammer dwarves. When will people get this through their head, honestly I have had this argument so many times it is beyond reason.

The stoneform ritual bronzebeard dwarves undergo consists of days of meditation, and fasting, and very few even do this ritual because it is quite a hassle. But, essentially they are reconnecting with their titanic heritage, their earthen ancestors. The wildhammer dwarves have no interest in their titan heritage, neither do the dark iron, it is a passion only the bronzebeard clan hold, and something that makes them unique compared to the others, at least in terms of culture.
    Last edited by Merryck; 2018-02-08 at 03:32 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well Trolls are pretty much tribal/Ancient Aztec like race. They are not a race of crusader knights like Humans, Blood Elves, Dwarves, Draenei, and Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its gameplay mechanics, im totally fine with that, you can fix with your own transmog

with so many races different from humans as paladin, blizzard can start to giving other paladin development and asthetics and not only human centric, because at least trolls and taurens will be different fom human/elf draenei shenanigans.
    But we all know they won't. All paladin armor is based on human aesthetics and draenei aesthetics. This is what I'm talking about.

In terms of gameplay it doesn't even matter because one race having the paladin class available is enough for the gameplay.

For a bunch of religious fanatics, paladins sure suck at imposing their beliefs on other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    So you're fine with Midgets,space goats,elves and cows being dressed up as uther or arthas.But it's absurd to see a slightly taller humanoid then human dressed up as uther or arthas.
    I'm not fine with cows dressed up as Uther either. Tauren paladins are the main reason why I'm happy the Zandalari won't join the Alliance dresscode group.

Midgets, space goats and elves have always been dressing up similar to that fashion.

Edit: Not sure how it would all work, introducing a Zandalari paladin. Without a doubt in my mind though, it wouldn't be the same paladins we see ingame right now, similar to how Sunwalkers aren't actual paladins. I wouldn't mind seeing it, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if they didn't make it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharim View Post
    Because the Paladin class description, skills and central lore characters still screams: Only Humans and their friends may be Paladins. The actual lore is more nuanced than that, but when we are force-fed 10 Human Male Paladin NPC's for every 1 Paladin NPC of another race, then players kind of get the idea, that Paladins should be a non monstrous humanoid thing.
    The Sunwalkers (Tauren paladins) canonically aren't considered paladins, but in gameplay that's what they're listed as. Very poor case to be making against a Zandalari paladin here.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    Well Trolls are pretty much tribal/Ancient Aztec like race. They are not a race of crusader knights like Humans, Blood Elves, Dwarves, Draenei, and Tauren.
    No tauren are sundruids that draw power from sun. As An'she is one of the eyes of the Eartmother.
    Draenei are space ailens that were given power thanks to magical wind chimes.
    Blood elves orinally stole powers from enslaved naaru.

Trolls would be prelates - holy warriors devoted to the Loa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    But we all know they won't. All paladin armor is based on human aesthetics and draenei aesthetics. This is what I'm talking about.

In terms of gameplay it doesn't even matter because one race having the paladin class available is enough for the gameplay.
    Heritage armor and armor that appears in entire zone would do.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromu View Post
    This is what makes wow a crap lore wise.

Warcraft paladins are the silver hand paladins, rest is bullshit made up to give horde paladins. All back to TBC with that "blood knight lolmode", passing to the sun cows and, now, the Trolls....

The worst part of WoW lore is just to give the horde or the alliance something they shouldn't have because people think they are entitled to it.

People who claim vanilla, vanilla horde had no paladin.
    People use random mobs with paladin-themed skills, blizzard was lazy to implement unique themes - but no, they are paladins, look their skill!
    People link the wowpedia Freethinkers and ... LOL... don't even read what is written there: no mention of light, of paladins.
    People say "zandalari are great noble blabla bla" = hey pal, in MOP they aren´t that honourable or noble.. or maybe those weren't the true Zandalari?
    And now... they aren´t that kind of paladins, so they are what? Weedadins under Rastakhan?

People just ignore facts:
    There is NO REAL MENTION anywhere that trolls worship the light - even the Ashbringer one was retconned.
    People are making up that zandalari are noble races - something Cataclysm and MOP showed to be made up by blind fans.

And gameplay wise:

Trolls can already be 10 different classes. This is FACT. If Zandalaris get Paladins, trolls can be all classes except the hero class DH. So, how would you balance that?

The horde got 6 shaman races, alliance has 3.
    The horde got 4 druid races, alliance got 2 - and druids are night elven root class, but became an horde abundant...
    The alliance got 5 paladins (if DI is confirmed), horde has 2.

So, if you want Zandalari Paladins, the alliance must gain one druid and one shaman. So the special snowflakes classes even out.

But hell, it is the horde, FOR THE LOL!
    And what about Draenei Exarchs and Vindicators?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann