Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good.

/10char.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh boy, can't wait for the usual lockbox apologists to show up and argue for a dozen pages over their sunk costs and habit formed addiction.
    Or the ones that will call it oppression and censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    Microtransactions are fine, gambling with them... not so much.
    No, Microtransactions are pretty shit too, especially when it's like $20 to buy a skin on something.

OT: Good. Now if only we can get them outright banned.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wonder if Destiny 2 locked their forums due to this news. (only paying players can post of something)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Good. I don't like my kid asking me to buy him these things. I hate microtransactions.
    nothing wrong with micro transactions but the gambling element really should be removed. i have no problem with a skin costing 5 euro etc etc but the gambling is a problem that needs to be addressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    If it's so bad then just don't buy them.
    idgi
    the devs design the game around them though? Just look at Battlefront 2

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    The problem is that if Germany bans these, publishers like EA are just going to go "FINE. We won't sell our games in your country."

no that is not how it will work out, EA will see and say oh fucking shit we need to get our shit straightened out since losing the german market will be a massive blow to our bottomline

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Oh boy, can't wait for the usual lockbox apologists to show up and argue for a dozen pages over their sunk costs and habit formed addiction.
    What we really need is someone to compare lootboxes to buying a candy bar at the supermarket. Just dont buy it! that easy! Never mind kids and people with addiction issues being taken for a ride for unlimited profits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Makes me wonder if Destiny 2 locked their forums due to this news. (only paying players can post of something)
    Unlikely. Its more because of the amount of hate that game gets so they are trying to limit the exposure of hate imo

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    the devs design the game around them though? Just look at Battlefront 2
    I don't know that game at all. Is it unlike Overwatch which has purely cosmetic items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I don't know that game at all. Is it unlike Overwatch which has purely cosmetic items?
    You had to unlock the playable characters first, then you had to get cards to upgrade them as well. Without spending 100s on lootboxes it would take you 1000s of hours to unlock all characters at their full power. That's what I read anyway, I don't have any interest in shooters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    No, Microtransactions are pretty shit too, especially when it's like $20 to buy a skin on something.

OT: Good. Now if only we can get them outright banned.
    its a fucking SKIN. It adds generally literally nothing to the gameplay other than "i feel i look cooler now"-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    You had to unlock the playable characters first, then you had to get cards to upgrade them as well. Without spending 100s on lootboxes it would take you 1000s of hours to unlock all characters at their full power. That's what I read anyway, I don't have any interest in shooters.
    There were also rare cards that gave a gameplay advantage in terms of increased damage/ammo etc so that triggered the "pay to win" crowd but you mostly covered it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapo View Post
    its a fucking SKIN. It adds generally literally nothing to the gameplay other than "i feel i look cooler now"-factor.
    *Oh my that player skin i see right now playing looks nice, where is it from
    *Oh its lootbox
    *Should i buy it to look cool?
    *Opens vallet, buys 3 lootboxes -- no skin that you want
    *Minor anoyance
    *Buys 10 lootboxes -- get even worse than last time
    *Very angry
    *Busy 50 lootboxes -- after a while when it opens it ... still no F.. skin
    *Depresion
    *Back to stage 1 -- repeat process
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    *Oh my that player skin i see right now playing looks nice, where is it from
    *Oh its lootbox
    *Should i buy it to look cool?
    *Opens vallet, buys 3 lootboxes -- no skin that you want
    *Minor anoyance
    *Buys 10 lootboxes -- get even worse than last time
    *Very angry
    *Busy 50 lootboxes -- after a while when it opens it ... still no F.. skin
    *Depresion
    *Back to stage 1 -- repeat process
    This is such a exaggeration it isn't even funny.
    And their response wasn't even about loot boxes giving cosmetics

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/11/me...otransactions/

"Meet The 19-Year-Old Who Spent Over $17,000 On Microtransactions"

Sure it is....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've even done that, don't even pretend.

I hope every nation does this.

Don't understand the problem with lootboxes. They voluntary, nobody is forcing you to buy them.

Yes please. Reclaim gaming culture as an experience done for fun and art, and not for using psychological tricks to line the pockets of developers. I don't think very many people actually think microtransactions have done anything to make games better for the consumer, and connecting microtransactions to RNG, however tangentially, creates powerfully bad experiences. No sane person would argue that gaming is better for it.

I once saw a flash game which was exactly two things: a clicker (a game where the goal is to click your mouse as fast as you can for as long as you can stand to) and a store where you could buy boosts to make your clicks count more times. That's it. Granted that there's no gambling involved, but the fact that somebody has the audacity to put the code together to ask for money for something so banal, and that other people will consider it enough of a game to host it on their website, is an embarrassment to gaming culture as a whole. And adding a gambling element to it only makes it more self-serving and less fun-oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Don't understand the problem with lootboxes. They voluntary, nobody is forcing you to buy them.
    See! I called it! "What we really need is someone to compare lootboxes to buying a candy bar at the supermarket. Just dont buy it! that easy! Never mind kids and people with addiction issues being taken for a ride for unlimited profits."

Your line of thinking is ridiculous and doesn't account for people who have addiction issues or are too young to realize fully what they are doing.

Video games target kids remember, or are we allowed to sell whatever we like to them?