Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    its all being hinted at datamined jebait dont believe it till we actually see it

Quote Originally Posted by ChowChillaCharlie View Post
    Alright, so irl idiots who takes their faction pride way to seriously.
    Judging by your other posts, you seem to take the story just as seriously as any of the "fanboys" you love to deride.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's wrong with Horde being the evil faction?

What's wrong with choosing renegade dialogue options, making Shepard look like the evil Terminator?
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    Careful not to cut yourself on that edge.
    Oh no, I've triggered you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespene View Post
    What's wrong with Horde being the evil faction?

What's wrong with choosing renegade dialogue options, making Shepard look like the evil Terminator?
    If you like being evil, then sure Horde going down the evil route with Sylvanas is up your alley. But I prefer the old-school Thrall-led Horde that was savage but honorable.

And for most of the Mass Effect series, the renegade path wasn't really evil. Only ME3 made it go down the evil path, but ME3 was a fucking travesty anyways.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Since when the decision of one leader is what the rest of the faction wants? Do you remember Theramore and how Vol'jin, Bane and the rest disapproved it? Don't merge the Horde with its leader.

Also, we don't know the full story. You saw the effect the Azerite had on Anduin and Sylvanas so it wouldn't be crazy to think that the real answer is that. Imagine that the Azerite makes you hunger for power and you want it all no matter what.

One more thing, spolier alert, Varok Saurfang decides to go to speak with Anduin instead of escaping Stormwind. Why? Who knows, but please, don't acuse all the Horde for having warmonger leaders. If you want any example just read any history book and you'll see. Remember that the Alliance had Daelin Proudmoore as a warmonger or the good pal (sarcasm) Garithos. Oh, and I am Alliance if you thought otherwise.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Horde have been more or less the bad guys since War1, I am unsure why anything would change. The Orcs are just a constant problem race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    I for one am glad we're ramming the Allicucks again. Stormwind deserves another burning.
    We're taking Lordaeron and your queen is a literal feminist banshee with no honour (look at how she talks to Saurfang).

I'll take the physically fit, white, god-fearing male King over that.

Enjoy dying for the Whored, soy-cuck.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2018-02-15 at 05:51 AM.

This isn't even news. The Horde has always been the bad guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem lies in how the races blindly follow the faction leader on every war campaign. It would be perfectly fine if the Undercity declared war on Stormwind, yet Silvermoon decided not to participate even though they're aligned with the Horde. It's like how the US declares war against Iraq, but most of NATO refuses to follow suit, even though they're in the same "faction."

As for the player character, he or she has always been kind of a rogue agent, doing the bidding of other races regardless of allegiance. There wouldn't be any problem in the RP what so ever if the Blood Elf player participated in Undercity aggression, against the wishes of their home city.
    Sythis - Vicious Cycle

Deleted
    I am fine to be a bad guy in the story.
    But blizzard better dont chicken out this time around and let me fight against my own faction but i want to kill Alliance then from this point forward and dont just move on to old gods aswell.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm okay with this. Actually rolled Horde for first time because i thought they were the evil faction.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    That was bothering me the most as well. Makes no sense at all and even blizzard can't be that stupid, I am REALLY hoping there is some "Void magic" or illusion at play that is causing it and it will be more clear while playing the siege. Cause that is past the point of remotely sane.
    Void teleport?? Void portals like we used on Macaree to traverse without people seeing us? Could easily make it seem they are endless popping up everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It is a clear indication who starts the war. The Stormheim scenario isn't even a war because it is Sylvanas going there for her own sake, facing Genn who went there for revenge; basically two characters doing their own thing(even this standoff was caused by Sylvanas' actions back in Cataclysm, not Genn). The Silithus showdown has been started by Gallywix by trying to claim the lifeblood of the world's titansoul for Sylvanas; that is essentially theft as it either belongs to everyone or no one and the world should've been mended. How do you stop someone from doing something that shouldn't be done other than sabotaging the operation, unless you want to tell me that stealing a titan's blood after all the trouble during Legion is not a bad thing.

If the Alliance destroyed Quel'thalas for no reason other than making an "empire", would that be fine and totally not bad? Of course it would've been bad.
    But the thing is about Azerite that they DONT know what it is only that it is powerful and that it can help them win the war! Ofc you would know this if you played Horde and listened to the people during the end quests of the aftermath of Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I meant her People as in the Horde not just the Forsaken. But you are correct Forsaken are different, maybe ideally they can live out the rest of their undeath in peace
    Do undead die of old age? or are they Immortal?

Don't apply real life morals to Warcraft. Anduin might be okay but the rest of the Alliance just can't wait to tear the Horde apart. Burning down their capitals is a valid response, especially when you consider what kind of people are working for the Alliance (Void Elves, N'Zoth's cultists, Worgen, Mathias Shaw, Wrathion).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Void teleport?? Void portals like we used on Macaree to traverse without people seeing us? Could easily make it seem they are endless popping up everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

But the thing is about Azerite that they DONT know what it is only that it is powerful and that it can help them win the war! Ofc you would know this if you played Horde and listened to the people during the end quests of the aftermath of Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

Do undead die of old age? or are they Immortal?
    I'm pretty sure I read once they kind of fall apart after a while. But I couldn't quote a source.

Both factions are the agressors here. Period. "But muuuh horde" and "but but maaah Alliance" doesn't apply. Both factions do what they can to ensure survival. The Horde said bye bye alliance after Legion was crushed and started mining azerite. The Alliance can't just stand there and watch the Horde take that kind of power for themself. Sylvanas have plans to take advantage of the Azerite to get the upper hand before the Alliance even know it. So the Horde takes the first step, but the Alliance do the first attack.

Sylvanas and Genn fighting in Stormheim was a personal conflict. None of that started a war. Genn also seemed pleased that the Legion was over, and then he and Anduin gets a message that the Horde is up to something. It didn't seem to be something he hoped for. Sure he hates the Horde and all that, so in the end he will take the fight. Genn and Sylvanas got something cool going on imo. Sylvanas do what she can to survive and even IF she does that for herself only, that's fine. She might pay for it, but what do we know.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except she isn't. Most of the things you used were entirely either wrong or out of context.

Just about every great society in history used enemy combatants as slaves. So that doesn't make her evil.

Plenty of current governments have tested disease on living subjects, so while immoral, it wasn't evil. Evil is about intent not a lack of consideration. If she had just said "Oh I know the effects, I just want to do it for them to suffer" you might have a point.

I'd like a citation on the people just in their homes doing nothing.

The valkyr are for both her and her people and primarily her people since she hasn't really needed to use them that often and the ones she did use is more because she felt she could be reckless for her people(like in Legion running off solo).

Helya wasn't evil and Odyn was 100% evil. I'm sorry, but the only thing Helya is guilty of is being messed up for the rest of her existence by someone she thought was an ally and friend(Odyn) who knowingly condemned her to a life of eternal servitude(weird you called Sylvannas evil for having slaves when the one who made the valkyr one upped her there and did it to allies) and torment because she saw it was wrong and wanted no part in it. So bullshit that Helya is evil and Odyn is good and if anything we should have helped Helya to rehabilitate her rather than side with Odyn.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard can also paint daisies all over Undercity's walls, but won't just like they won't change this. Stop with the nonsense. They are not "changing" anything.
    You cant be serious though. Clearly forcing your enemy to fight for you as slaves or experimenting on living, sentient beings is evil. Thats simply not up for debate. The US did this in the 60s and it clearly was an evil thing to do.
    Helya became evil, without a doubt, because of what Odyn did to her. But allying with someone who literally drags souls down to hell and forces them to fight for her in her personal vendetta against Odyn, that is evil aswell.

Either you lack any kind of moral compass, or you're so enamored that you can't see clearly.

Deleted
    We're told, we're shown that Sylvanas is a rotten bitch time and time again, with few redeemable moments. Few, very very few. She has referred to the forsaken and the Horde in general as "arrows in her quiver", she's worse than Garrosh. Garrosh at least cared for the orcs and wanted them to live the good life, Sylvanas only cares about herself and her obsession with living forever.

So are you really so surprised she ends up being a bad apple?

Sylvanas IS evil.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Those treehuggers deserved whatever they get. They're race has done nothing but struggle over the 10,000 years they had to prepare for every legion invasion and they did nothing but get all hippy like.

Also another tree can be made, infact this tree iirc could also be corrupted by an old god and more can be made.

lol was just going to quote that... the most bullshit thing ive read today.
    Lore wise, Sargeras has been trying to kill Azeroth because it is infected. Algalon told us the planet is completely corrupt, and we had/have some of the strongest known old gods infesting the planet...I'd say Azeroth is 100% corrupt, and in the end we release Sargeras in a last ditch effort to defeat Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    I am fine to be a bad guy in the story.
    But blizzard better dont chicken out this time around and let me fight against my own faction but i want to kill Alliance then from this point forward and dont just move on to old gods aswell.
    that's the real problem in wow, it's ok to be part of the "bad" guys but who develop the story must not chicken out and let US, the players, do our part in the story and let the conflict become real.
    maybe is because wow is made for younger ppl, but honestly every time some conflict between factions incour it's either an excuse to redirect us toward some greater common evil or just a "nothing to do let's forget about this and go on".
    i really hope this time blizz will shed some real blood in this xpac because if even this time we are joked about this by blizz i'm gonna quit this game once and for all XD