The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    What?!

That's unbelieveable oh how much effort they put to not make them playable. Instead of simply giving that option.

Damn Ion and his agenda :/

They said before that they will add class combos that fit the race! And now this ....

It doesn't even make sense. Rezan is a wild god, he will rebirth in emerald dream like Cenarius or Hakkar. And they said that they serve any loa... That is the most nonsensical move they pulled just to not give players what they crave for.
    Wowhead summed it up pretty nicely.

So far it looks like Paladins are for the Alliance and Shaman are for the Horde...
    That's exactly what's happening here. Blizz is bringing back the Paladin-Shaman split. It's why I've become increasingly convinced that next expansion instead of 1 new class we'll get 2. They'll pull a ToR on us and give us the same numbers, but with two entirely different naming schemes and animation sets.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Wowhead summed it up pretty nicely.

That's exactly what's happening here. Blizz is bringing back the Paladin-Shaman split. It's why I've become increasingly convinced that next expansion instead of 1 new class we'll get 2. They'll pull a ToR on us and give us the same numbers, but with two entirely different naming schemes and animation sets.
    But this is just so stupid. They could still make exception for Zandalari and Dark Irons to get paladin and shaman extra option because all other allied races won't get them anyway as it doesn't fit them.

This is ridiculous because they're backtracking from "we will add classes that fit the race". You can't have it when you want to keep paladin/shaman split. And seriously how can do this after making Shaman Order hall filled up with Alliance shaman representatives?
    everywhere I moved I saw spacegoats and dwarves.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    The same prelates who have lost their connection to the Light?

http://www.wowhead.com/news=282240/p...adins-spoilers

Seems kinda doubtful.
    That doesn't make any sense tbh. If losing Rezan means no Light then they would not have priests either. Even Talanji uses Rezan to call upon the Light as seen in the SW escape vid.

10+ Year Old Account
    But this is just so stupid. They could still make exception for Zandalari and Dark Irons to get paladin and shaman extra option because all other allied races won't get them anyway as it doesn't fit them.

This is ridiculous because they're backtracking from "we will add classes that fit the race". You can't have it when you want to keep paladin/shaman split. And seriously how can do this after making Shaman Order hall filled up with Alliance shaman representatives?
    Order Halls really have nothing to do with this. I doubt they'll just do the whole Alliance Paladin and Horde Shaman. They're different classes and for balance sake they have to offer it to both factions. Honestly, some races fit more with certain classes(Pally and Shaman). Them reverting back to something like Vanilla is stupid. That said I don't know if Zandalari will have paladins or not. I'm not going to read into things by just one small piece of context.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    That doesn't make any sense tbh. If losing Rezan means no Light then they would not have priests either. Even Talanji uses Rezan to call upon the Light as seen in the SW escape vid.
    They might be experiencing a crisis of faith after their God died and they weren't able to stop it. Some can still use their powers, so I assume those are the ones whose faith remains unshaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Order Halls really have nothing to do with this. I doubt they'll just do the whole Alliance Paladin and Horde Shaman. They're different classes and for balance sake they have to offer it to both factions. Honestly, some races fit more with certain classes(Pally and Shaman). Them reverting back to something like Vanilla is stupid. That said I don't know if Zandalari will have paladins or not. I'm not going to read into things by just one small piece of context.
    I believe we should still voice our concerns to be heard off. It will be highly disappointing experience to not have this race/class combo, especially now when Blizzard acknowledged that they're a thing :/

I wrote here why even with this reasoning they provided it doesn't make sense:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48958743
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe we should still voice our concerns to be heard off. It will be highly disappointing experience to not have this race/class combo, especially now when Blizzard acknowledged that they're a thing :/

I wrote here why even with this reasoning they provided it doesn't make sense:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post48958743
    Well as you say, if Loa are in the same category as Wild Gods technically he is still alive(in the Emerald Dream of course) so in theory I can believe prelates still having the power given to them. That said I would like to see this Rezan guy to be a bit more noble of a loa and not scheming and such. More so to fit the class theme so it aligns more.

Really if Zandalari become pallies, I'm not going to be offended by their presence.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Why would Dark Iron be shamans? They were enslaved by the elements and wouldn't have much reverence for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Why would Dark Iron be shamans? They were enslaved by the elements and wouldn't have much reverence for them.
    Given goblin Shamans, you don't need to respect the elements to be a shaman.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted
    At the start of BC Blood Knights stole their power from an imprisoned Naaru, from the end of BC onwards they get it from a rejuvenated Sunwell.

So basically anything can happen still with regards to Zandalari paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    No the voice actresses were great. Sylvanas VA was awesome. The hostess though should never appear in a public event again. The poor VAs looked so uncomfortable.
    I've never seen so many talented people feel like they had a gun to their head.

I didn't even mind the central focus of the panel - "we have lots of female characters in our game in leading roles, let's get them all on a stage and talk about voice acting and perhaps their representing in the game's story" - and then the host would not shut the hell up.

There were SO many times that the VAs were going to talk and she pulled the mic away from them for more "PLEASE CLAP" shit. My favorite was asking Moira's actress, a relative newcomer, if she based her angry inflection on her Scottish accent on any actual Scottish people while implying they're all possibly that way. Just, what the christ.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2018-02-25 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    goblin shamans literally enslave elementals, their totems are literal drills lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Looking at the Titan Discs encounter journal http://www.wowhead.com/uldir-raid-bo...le-for-azeroth could we be seeing the first in game appearance of N’zoth here?

The entire fight is fighting projections of Old Gods.

At 90% health remaining Protocol: Chaos begins. Summoning projections of C'Thun and replicating minions from the Qiraji empire.

At 60% health remaining Protocol: Deception begins. Summoning projections of Yogg-Saron and replicating servants from Azjol-Nerub

In stage 3 though....:

At 30% health remaining Protocol: Corruption begins. A warped projection appears and shadowy whispers echo through the chamber. The magic released from the damaged Titan Discs appears to be unchecked and more than a mere demonstration of power...

Followed by this ability: Orb of Corruption: A manifestation of N'Zoth's power forms. Inflicts 10250 Shadow damage to all enemies every 10 sec, increasing with each pulse. Coming into contact with the orb resets this effect, but afflicts the victim with Will of the Corruptor.

The fact that they're talking about a manifestation of their power without using the term "projection" like the others makes me think that they're kinda pussyfooting around showing him until 8.X.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    goblin shamans literally enslave elementals, their totems are literal drills lol
    It always bugged the shit out of me that the goblins are so explicitly doing something shitty that was a complete dealbreaker for the players and a villain marker in other situations (Dark Shaman in 5.4). Yeah, they're crappy and amoral, absolutely, but you can reflavor it to "making a deal" with the elements or something and make a different totem to reflect it.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2018-02-25 at 08:30 PM.

When I think shadowy projection, I think of a heavy static hologram projection where you can barely make out the shape but you can see some of it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Honestly Blizz doesn't seem to care.

All they care about is "faction identity" and driving as big a wedge as possible between Alliance players and Horde players.

It's gonna be hilarious when we kill Sylvanas and suddenly we're supposed to go back to being buddies to fight N'zoth or something.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Honestly Blizz doesn't seem to care.

All they care about is "faction identity" and driving as big a wedge as possible between Alliance players and Horde players.

It's gonna be hilarious when we kill Sylvanas and suddenly we're supposed to go back to being buddies to fight N'zoth or something.
    "faction identity" is this why they just added night elves to the Horde, and have undead high elf for Warchief? That identity is already broken. And one extra class choice wouldn't hurt it :/
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    "faction identity" is this why they just added night elves to the Horde, and have undead high elf for Warchief? That identity is already broken. And one extra class choice wouldn't hurt it :/
    Their ideas differ from anyone here obviously. I'm just hoping they're trying to clean up the mess Vol'Jin's death and Garrosh left. I value faction identity but clearly Blizzard has a different route to take for us. I can't say I'm not impressed with what they're doing. I mean the Nightborne being on the Horde is to me Blood Elves 2.0 in the sense it feels weird for them to be with Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.

Don't get me started on what we SHOULD OF gotten in place of Void Elves -_-
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-02-25 at 09:06 PM.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They arent listed as playable, so hopefully they change it. The prelates just make me more annoyed.
    I'd like to hope that the classes just aren't finalized yet, since Dark Irons have Death Knights currently, and no Paladins, which they were explicitly said to have several times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Their ideas differ from anyone here obviously. I'm just hoping they're trying to clean up the mess Vol'Jin's death and Garrosh left.
    By killing yet another Warchief and prob few other major Horde chars?