Poll: Well?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm a Norwegian citizen, and I feel like it's easier to fight for my country in self-defence. We've been occupied before, during WWII, and I'd like to think I would fight for my country in a case like that.

If Norway starts a war, on the other hand, I'm a little more reluctant. We have very few reasons to be aggressive, if any.

The only way I can imagine Norway joining a war is through NATO, if the U.S. starts something. Now, imagine, if even you're reluctant to fight for the U.S. as a U.S. citizen, how I would feel fighting for a U.S. cause. Fuuuck that. Your government is a circus and I'm not dying for Trump.
    Last edited by blobthebob; 2018-02-27 at 02:11 PM.

Dunno, if they wanted me I'd probably go for it.

Sure, no reason to not sign up. I like this country. It's not perfect but I like it.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    My default answer is yes, I'd dodge it. Though I'm a woman, we don't get drafted unless it's like an invasion or something in which case I'd probably see that as an acceptable reason.

There are only a narrow set of plausible foreign wars I'd even think of supporting let alone physically being a soldier for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

I'm not a soyboy like you OP.
    Yes I would fight for my country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Not a very realistic scenario but whatever.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

I hate Trump more than anyone but if someone was attacking my country which would be the US then of course i would sign up.

Though in this day and age i honestly feel a draft is anachronistic in that automation and cyberwarfare is a much better tactic than lines of soldiers and thus makes having millions of soldiers obsolete.

Thing is in this day and age we have 2 enemies if you live in the west and that is Russia/China and 3rd world terrorists armed with IEDs and AK-47s.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This poll is sad.

90% North Korean and Russian are willing to die for their leader.
    One must take into consideration the population of this forum and the way the poll was worded my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddger View Post
    I hate Trump more than anyone but if someone was attacking my country which would be the US then of course i would sign up.

Though in this day and age i honestly feel a draft is anachronistic in that automation and cyberwarfare is a much better tactic than lines of soldiers and thus makes having millions of soldiers obsolete.

Thing is in this day and age we have 2 enemies if you live in the west and that is Russia/China and 3rd world terrorists armed with IEDs and AK-47s.
    If you are over 18, male and living in the US you are already “signed up”.

Peace
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2018-02-27 at 04:12 PM.

When I graduated High school in 2005 you had to Register for the Draft to even attend college or to apply for Financial aid. So there is no dodging it for me, and even if I could. Hell no I wouldn't skip on my duty to defend my beloved country.

Hand me a gun, shave my head, and send me off. Anyone that disagrees is a soyboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post

If you are over 18, male and living in the US you are already “signed up”.

Peace
    Good job iam a English Immigrant who has been living in the US for nearly 15 years! But seriously of course i would sign up because i served in the Royal Navy but iam nearly 40 now so i guess i might be a bit too old now.

You are referring to either Sand Monkeys or Tree Monkeys if we go to war. Sign me up

Men are considered no longer draft eligible at age 26. Good luck young folk, I'll be at home enjoying my regular life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Silvermoon City, Azeroth, Emerald Dream - US
    I did register for Selective Service when I was 18. I'm too old now (39 next month) so I don't need to worry about it unless the battle was here on US soil.

Also Trump was a draft dodger himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends....If the enemy is literally here on American soil most folks got no choice but to fight, but if its some dumb shit like some Vietnam I ain't going no fucking where.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sophitha View Post
    I did register for Selective Service when I was 18. I'm too old now (39 next month) so I don't need to worry about it unless the battle was here on US soil.
    You prime meat, if our current numbnut ass pres get into with another world superpower you on the next plane out boy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't have to but if I did, I wouldn't serve under this president. If we were under attack by another country that started it? Yeah I'd probably willingly enlist, but no I wouldn't be drafted with numbnuts as president.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    But how will we fight when all the scary guns get banned?
    Masterwork strawman you're building.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    I would. No way I'd risk my life to fight for this country in the current state it's in

If you're not a US citizen, then pretend you are then answer the poll.
    How many drafts did trump, that stable genius of a non coward dodge, again?

I have absolutely no faith in Trump's administration to: Understand the gravity of and make proper considerations about armed conflict, successfully prosecute an armed conflict, or ensure the safety and well being of military servicemen. So I would use whatever legal means are available to me to refuse service.